Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)

By _LightBringer_

Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and dec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Author's Note

Chapter Nine

22.3K 697 55
By _LightBringer_

Pic of Tyler

Hailey's POV

What would someone do when they learn they have some super witch power? When you found out something new and exciting about yourself you would definitely run to share it with your close friends' right. Try to get impressive looks and you know enjoy the attention. What if this new found discovery about yourself would threaten those around you? What if the idea of you being unique caused the fear of the unknown? This was what I felt. The idea of getting rejected really scared me.

I feared that when the pack found out about me they would not take it in a good way and welcome me. Obviously it is not heard of a werewolf also being a witch. And if I just strolled in and showed them my fire power they will either run for their lives or have my head on a platter. Damn that thought really scared me, though I knew I might be exaggerating. What I did know with absolute certainty that my five best friends would help me through it and support me till the very end. But I couldn't help that a certain part of me feared otherwise.

That was way right now I was sitting on my bed at 7 in the morning debating how to break the news to them. I walked to my mirror and stared at myself.

"Hey Liam you want to know something really cool, I'm a witch." I shook my head at the foolishness of that sentence. Hmm How about this,

"Hey guys I just got visited by the Goddess Luna last night and she told me that I am half-witch. Cool right?"

"God this is hopeless. How the hell I'm I going to tell them." I muttered while I pulled my hair in frustration.

'Damn Hailey get a hold of yourself and just tell them' Great now my wolf planned to make an appearance.

'You shut up; you're really not helping in anyway.' I snapped back.

'What! I'm just telling you that stalling it is not going to help. Get it out of your system and then you'll feel better. Not that they will kill you on the spot or something'

'Gee that was so thoughtful of you to point out.' I replied sarcasm dripping from my words. She just laughed and I groaned in misery.

"Mother what have you put me through?" I muttered and fell on the bed. Not getting any reply I took a deep breath.

"Come Hailey you're the best. Go tell them and finish it off." I encouraged myself.

So after another couple of minutes to compose myself I got up and walked down to the kitchen. As I entered, five pairs of eyes looked my way. All of them filled with confusion, relief and hurt. Wait, hurt for what? Did something happen. After looking at them staring at me as if seeing an alien, I snapped.

"Okay though I know I'm sexy and I really like you guys staring but stop, its freaking me out." I yelled, watching them start smiling suddenly.

"Damn I can't believe I'm saying this but I have missed that stupid mouth of yours." Nate muttered and gave me a small smile.

That's when I realized why they were hurt. Yesterday I had snapped and yelled at them. Oh shit they must really hate me now. Way to go Hailey, you screwed things up more for yourself.

"I, um- I'm sorry guys for yesterday. I was not really thinking and I was in a pretty bad mood so you know I just wanted to sleep it off so-" I mumbled, as I felt sad and embarrassed.

"Okay Hailey stop babbling we totally understand." Kevin said. I really needed to stop talking so much. Suddenly I felt hands crawl around my waist pulling me to a strong hard chest.

"You talk too much Hailey. I missed you so much yesterday."Liam huskily whispered in my ears making me shiver under his breath.

"Hmm yeah I'm sorry about that." I turned and smiled at him. He returned it and then pulled me into a passionate kiss. Wanting more of him I put my hands in his hair, my fingers tugging it lightly and pushing my body closer to his. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance which I gladly obliged to. His tongue explored my mouth making me moan. He smiled against my lips and bit it slightly which caused another moan to escape.

"Okay guys please keep it PG because my poor innocent eyes are not used to such scenes." Nate said as we jumped apart and I buried my head in Liam's chest embarrassment clearly on my face and breathless from that kiss, which left me wanting more. Liam just laughed along with the rest. How dare he, Argh.

"Damn you Nate. That was definitely a turn on." Tyler angrily muttered causing another burst of laughter while Liam playful glared at them and me running and smacking him on his head.

After they stopped their laughing spree I went and hugged all of them. They all returned it by giving me back tight hugs and kisses on my cheek. I could feel that they were really worried about me. As I went to hug Nate he whispered in my ear" I missed you baby girl. Don't you ever do that again"

I felt a tear escape my eye and I hugged him tighter nodding my head in response because no words were coming to me. He pulled away and wiped the tears and smiled at me. I really loved him. He knew exactly what I was feeling without me expressing it. A brother I always wished for.

Taking my hand he sat me down on the chair and placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. "Eat your breakfast you must be starving."

Now that he mentioned it I really was hungry. Well no dinner yesterday explained it. As if on cue my stomach wished to make itself known. They burst out laughing and then dug into their food and so did I. Thoughts about last night vanished for now while I attacked my scrambled eggs

After breakfast all of us walked to the living room because I told them I needed to tell them something. They nodded and followed me while my nerves were killing me. Just as we were about to sit down, Xavier entered.

"Alpha you're requested by the warriors that have gathered in your study." He informed. Looking at Xavier I though of Erick and wondered if I should speak to Xavier and find out if he liked Erick or not. Or maybe I should just ignore it.

"Okay thanks Xavier. We'll be there shortly." Turning towards me he looked apologetically.

"Hailey, Baby can we talk later. I have some alpha work pending." He looked at me sadly.

"Yeah you guys go ahead. This can wait." I said not wanting to sound too disappointed.

Smiling at me in sorry they left. Well at least I got more time to decide how to tell them. I wondered why they had a meeting with the warriors? Hope nothing bad? Nah I am over thinking it, Liam will tell me later eventually.

After debating for sometime whether to go back to my room or go for a walk I decided and took the latter. Quickly putting on my Blue vans I exited the pack house.

The morning was nice and pleasant. The sky was a beautiful shade of light blue which looked great with the pure white clouds decorating it. The forest ahead was warm and welcoming. There was a sweet smell lurking around in the air. My surroundings just blended so well that it had perfection written all over it. Enjoying this blissful beauty my tension faded away.

I walked into the forest stopping at the one place I found the most comfortable. It was a small pond in the dense part of the forest. Not many knew of this area. I discovered this place 2 years back when Liam and I had gone for a run. He was chasing me and I tried to escape from him and that was when we stumbled on this part of the forest and we had marked it as a place of solace and serenity. Many fond memories of Liam and me were related to this very place. Only my five boys along with Lily, Erick and my second best friend Claire knew of it and I would love to keep it that way.

I rolled up my pants and slipped out of my vans. Sitting on the edge I put my legs in the water. It felt soothing and a satisfied moan left my lips. I started thinking about my life. How I wound up here after getting rejected, finding out Zach had mated with someone else, running here and starting a new life, falling for Liam, perfect friends. Though all this had led me here and I'm truly happy I couldn't help the hurt that came with one fact. That Zach chose someone else over me so quickly. That proved he really did hate me. An involuntary sob escaped my mouth as the tears flowed non stop.

"No don't cry over someone as worthless as him." I scolded my self. Self pity was not something I wanted right now. I loved my life and now instead of worrying about the past I had to think about the future. Luna said something about a war and Logan trying to kill me. When will this war come? Will it be bad? Will I be able to stop it in time?

Frustrated with so many questions and no answer I stood up and decided to go for a run.

I quickly stripped out of my clothes and tucked them behind a bush and then changed. I heard my bones crack painlessly. My hands and legs changed into paws and dark bluish fur replaced my pale skin. My face turned into a muzzle and my long sharp fangs extended out.

Walking to the pond I looked down at my reflection. Staring right back was my wolf with blue fur that glowed in the sun. My purple blue eyes was shinning bright and looked great with my fur. I was huge, bigger than a normal female wolf and I was proud of. I was really beautiful. Giving myself a wolfish grin I sprinted into the forest.

The soft wet mud felt great under my paws. The wind blowing against me made me feel one with nature. Dodging trees and jumping over broken branches I raced at full speed enjoying the feeling of being in my real form. The trees and everything around was just a blur. I ran faster leaving a trailed of dust behind.

After what felt like an hour of exercise I returned to the pool and changed back. Feeling a little dirty and sweaty, I jumped into the pond. Swimming for sometime and enjoying the cold water I stepped out and let the sun dry me up and then put my clothes on. I flopped down on the soft grass and gazed at the trees above. Unconsciously I twirled the soft grass in between my friends while I closed my eyes and just listened to the natural music around me.

If you listened well there was music even in the quietest place. Right now the wind blowing against the branches, the leaves swaying against each other, the water slapping against the edge of the pond, birds chirping. All of this put together formed a heavenly tune made by the Gods themselves. All you need to do was stop and listen. Suddenly I jumped ten feet high as I felt a vibration in my butt.

"Damn that scared the living daylights out of me" I muttered as I tried to calm my racing heart. Cursing the person who disturbed my quiet time I opened my phone and so a new text message from Erick.

"Huh what does he want now at," I checked the time, "10 in the morning on a Saturday?" I opened the text and read.

Hey what's up? I know its Saturday and you wanna know why I'm texting but I felt bored and I missed my sexy ass girlfriend so I came to the pack house but you aren't here. Where are you? -Erick

Hey baby I'm at the pond come over.-Hailey

After a couple of minutes he came and sat himself next to me lying on his back. He didn't speak for sometime so I enjoyed my quiet some more knowing he won't be able to manage the silence and blurt out some crap to just remove the silence.

"So what's bothering you darling?" he spoke finally.

"What you mean?" I frowned wondering how he knew something was on my mind.

"Honey you come here when you are either frustrated or sad about something. So spit it out and tell me." He pointed out.

"Nothing happened I just wanted some quiet time." I decided to play dumb and ignore him.

"You can tell me you know that right, I won't judge you." He turned and looked at me.

How the hell does he know the things I always wanted to hear? People judging me was exactly what I feared. Do I tell him? I have always shared every problem I ever had with him. He was my best friend and I did trust him with my life. Though he was a human I knew deep down he was as brave and strong as I was.

"Okay here goes nothing." I whispered and then told him right from the start when my hands turned on fire in the school corridors to last nights visit. As I spoke he quietly nodded and took in everything without interrupting. I saw his facial expression turn from shock to confusion and then relief and finally fear. As I ended, it felt good and I could actually feel the burden reduce on my shoulders. The idea of someone knowing made me less tense. But as I looked back to his eyes, it held fear and sadness.

"Are you scared of me Erick? Is that why you have that fear in you now?" I asked him because I really was scared of rejection. He just sat up, stared at me and then suddenly I was pulled into I bone crashing hug. I was so happy that he accepted me and I hugged him back while few tears of joy escaped my eyes. After just being in this position for a long time he pulled back and I saw that he had unshed tears in his eyes too.

"I'm scared because now you are in danger from this Logan guy and I can't think about losing you." He sobbed the tears finally falling. My heart swelled knowing that he was afraid for my safety.

"Hey man that is really rude. I'm a half werewolf and half witch for crying out loud. I can kick an old egoistic were's ass any day." I tried to laugh and lighten up the mood. He chuckled and punched my arm.

"You Hailey are the weirdest girl I have ever met and I love you so much."

"Awwww I love you too." I cooed while ruffling his hair.

We laughed and then suddenly he turned serious and questioned me. "So when do you plan to tell the others?"

"I don't know. Right now I only need acceptance from the boys. Hope their reaction is the same as yours."

"Hey they love you no matter what. Hell I'm sure those boys would turn into your pets and make you their master if you just say the word."

I shook my head in amusement. Erick really cracked the stupidest, most lame jokes ever. "That was so lame."

"Yeah whatever but it did bring that smile I love." I blushed at his comment and he smirked.

Just as I was about to reply with another of my great snide remarks, Liam spoke to me through the mind link.

'Baby where are you?'

'I'm at the pond with Erick.'

'What's he doing there?'

'Just came to see me. So what's up?'

'Nothing, me and the guys are done with our work and just going to have lunch. You wanna join us?'

'Yeah I'll be there soon.'

'Okay hurry. Love you.'

'Love you too.'

"Hey you okay. You zoned out there for a minute." Erick called out. "Oh sorry that was Liam; they are done with their work and wanna have lunch." I saw the time it was almost 2 in the afternoon. Talking about my problems and fears, I never realized time had gone by so fast.

"So you are going to tell them now?" He asked. "I have to; tomorrow that witch or someone will be arriving to train me. If they find out later they will definitely freak."

He stood up and reached out for me. He hoisted me up and gripped my shoulders. " You can do this Hailey." And then he hugged me one more time.

"Okay let's roll." I answered determined to get it over with.

We walked together to the pack house talking about school and just cracking silly jokes like usual. Erick was a really great guy. He knew how to lighten up my mood every time. Damn, too bad he swings for the other team. But still I love him to bits. "Hey do you want to come with me inside when I tell them?"

"Hailey I would love too. But you need to do this on our own. Its better that way and besides I have to run, got my awesome job waiting for me at the library." He replied sarcastically.

"Good luck with that." We had reached his car and he turned to me, "All the best, sweetheart."

"Thanks, I really need it."

Suddenly Erick was quiet and I noticed he was staring at something behind me. Curiously I turned and saw Xavier eyeing Erick with a blank expression on his face. When he caught me looking he smiled a little and then after a glance at Erick he quickly disappeared into the garage. Hmm wonder what that was about?

"What's the deal with him?" I asked Erick.

"I honestly don't know. He just seems to ignore me now-a-days." He replied. I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Don't worry it will work out. You want me to talk to him for you?"

"No I think I will just leave him alone and move on like you said"

"That's my boy." I hugged him and then he jumped into his car, waving as he rode off. After staring at the retreating car which finally disappeared, I took a breather and walked into the house. It's Show time.

"Hey your back, come have some pizza. It's your favorite pepperoni cheese." Liam spoke as I entered the living room. They were all lazily sitting and watching Two and half men. Well as for Tyler, he was glued to the screen. I sat down near Liam, but he put his hand around my waist and lifted me on his lap and cradled me to his chest. I snuggled up closer loving the smell of his cologne. We all just sat there, occasionally laughing at Charlie Sheen's ridiculous humor. After an hour or so, when all the pizza was over Tyler switched off the TV and we started talking about random school stuff.

"Guys I have something important to tell you." I couldn't handle it anymore. Suddenly all was quiet and their eyes were trained on me. I started sweating and Liam hugged me closer. "What is it Hailey? What's wrong?"

"Last night I- ugh". I stammered. "Hailey you okay?" Nate asked concerned with my behavior. I usually never stammered because I had a pretty loud confident mouth.

"Okay here it is. Last night I was visited by our goddess Luna who is also my mother." And then I continued with all the details of yesterday without leaving anything out. No one interrupted me and I was grateful for that. After I had finished the entire episode of last night I looked down at my hands waiting for some rejection or acceptance. After a long time of quiet no one spoke up.

"Okay I get it you guys hate me now. But please just say something." I begged tears pooling in my eyes.

"Hailey we don't hate you, how could you think that." Ethan said sadly.

I smiled at him and noticed everybody had similar looks on their faces telling me they still loved me. My smile stretched across my face. They didn't hate me and I was worried about nothing.

"So you are Elijah's daughter?" Liam questioned, but it sounded more like a statement. I nodded in agreement. He shared a look with Nate who nodded as if in conformation. "Umm what's wrong Liam, Nate?" I asked not understanding the knowing look they had on their faces.

Liam lifted me and sat me down on the couch. I felt empty without him near me. Something wasn't right and I feared what he would say next. He took my hand and smiled at me lovingly.

"Yesterday do you remember that we didn't come to school?" Liam asked. I looked at the others and they just looked at Liam and me. I looked back at him and nodded, "Yeah and I still hate you for that." I joked. He didn't smile back and my smile faltered.

"We had a rogue attack on the east side of the territory." He calmly explained.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Why didn't you tell me? Is anyone hurt?" I cried interrupting him while searching his body for any injuries.

"Relax Hailey we are all fine. But that is not important right now." Nate added looking at Liam and telling him to continue. I calmed down and listened to Liam.

"They were looking for someone. They had smelt her scent in our pack."

"Her? Who is this girl?" I was confused to hell as to why was someone wanting a girl from here.

"They were looking for you, Hailey."

"Wait what! Me. Why the hell are they looking for me?" Now I was seriously confused.

"Well actually they were looking for Elijah's daughter. We didn't know she was you until now." Tyler replied.

Now I understood why. They wanted to kill me because of the prophecy. Oh my god. I started freaking out even more. The thought of being hunted really didn't suit well with me.

"They want to kill me because of the prophecy." I spoke slowly, I hiccuped as a tear escaped my eye."Hey shhh I won't let anything happen to you I promise." Liam hugged me as I put my head on his shoulder. He lifted me bridal style and excused us from the room. Before leaving Nate stood up and kissed me on my forehead. "Remember Hailey you are not alone."

Liam took me to the bedroom and laid me down on the bed. I curled up into a ball and finally let the tears flow. The thought of getting killed as they were looking for me really scared me to my core. The thing that scared me even more was if any of the boys or those I love getting hurt in the process.

Liam locked the door and laid down beside me pulling me towards him. My head was on his chest and he stroked my hair. "Hey Hailey forget about it. Tomorrow that witch who you said will come and train you and make you ready. I have faith that you will do good. I love you babe."

"I love you too Liam." He lifted my chin and gave me a long hard kiss. It was sweet, loving with a bit of hunger and desire that left me wanting more as usual. He pulled back, "Sleep it off. I'll be right here with you." I nodded and closed my eyes as I fell asleep knowing everything will work out fine. I barely heard Liam whisper,

"I will protect you with my life Hailey, I promise." He tightened his grip around me and I felt safe and secure.

(Like the Chapter? Then go ahead and click that little star.)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.8K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 2. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "I, Chace Winchester, reject you, Alyssa Jackson, as my mate and Luna...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
567K 13.9K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
669K 5.8K 11
"𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻." ...