CC Word Stories

By RichardBunning

Stories of 200 words. More

Jasper Alone
The Roads of Extinction
April 1941, South-East of Al Bayda'
The Syntax of Sin Taxes
Sunshine Isn't Great Without Rain
Sheepdogs to Homo Roboticus
Steerage of Economy Class
The Old Geezers Stealing the Future
Betjeman's Norfolk Jewels
The End of the Branch Line
War With Drugs
Already a World Between
Apple Temptation
Fiction: The Strongest Medicine
Just Look at Our Menu
Time Sanctuary
Gallus of Gallus, Emperor Chicken
Sixty-Nine Years Since Copy's Last Rites
Shams Behind the Facades of Fame
Taxing Electronic Persons
The Angels and the Bees

Symbolism of Fingernails

20 1 0
By RichardBunning

There are plenty of metaphors around nails, as with any cultural and period fashion in the styling of the body. Nails are inconsequential before the face of inherent beauty to some and the very mark of character, life-style and sexual attractiveness to others. On males, women often prefer the short, weather beaten, style of nails of working hands, with only cleanliness during contact being a penetrating concern. Long nails usually indicate that a man isn't a he at all. Well manicured digits suggest non-manual, and somewhat less than really animal. As to the very long nails once favoured by Eastern dignitaries, always of disgusting historical note—enough said.

Nails on females: that's the bigger ball game. The right length and colour often carrying great importance. The sexually related principles are often much extended. Long elegantly shaped nails, especially if they are real, indicate that madam doesn't need to work, especially at her own domestic, still often porcelain, facilities. This idea extends even into the modern sexually egalitarian workplace. The one that produces actual work, the female at the coalface, is far less likely to wear long nails. Nails tell diverse stories. What do yours say: duchess, squire, beast or queen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.7K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...