Vampire in the Attic

By sarsirah

Do they or don't they sparkle? [the GazettE AU fanfiction oneshot | Uruha] More

。•。

309 15 4
By sarsirah

It was a dark, gloomy day.
The wind was cold and humid, giving me goosebumps as it caressed my slightly pale skin.
The sky was no better, it looked like it was mourning, heavy, grey and sad. School just ended a few minutes ago. Not wanting to go home just yet, I took my time in placing the things into my bag and went to the library to return, and borrow a book. After a few moments of contemplation, I finally decided to borrow this book entitled Twilight
Placing the item into my bag, it was still 5:17 pm.

We moved into a new house recently because it was closer to my school and my parent's workplace, but I couldn't help but hear strange noises above my room at night. The house was built during the late 1800 explaining why the house had a distinct Victorian-feel.
I can't help but pretend there were ghosts in the attic. I've always been reading too much horror stories, even if I am afraid of them.
Since I haven't seen any blood stained cryptic messages anywhere I'm guessing it's not trying to frighten me or whatever.

Then I decided, I would go ghost-hunting.

The thought made me feel giddy, adrenaline rushing into my veins. It was Friday anyway, all I have to do is do my homework, read some more and wait until everybody was asleep.
Simple.
So I trudged toward the busy streets towards a little quiet cafe to get some coffee that would keep me up and running.
After waiting in line, ordering, and paying, I went home, and hurried to my room, passing the door which led to the upstairs attic, goosebumps on my arm forming again and I walked a little faster, feeling someone watching me now.

Placing the coffee on the bedside table, I started to undress, I could feel eyes burning into various parts of my body, goosebumps still there, I closed my eyes and rubbed my neck, where the sensation was most strong, and sat on the bed resuming to reading the book.

Sometime while reading chapter 13, Mom called me for dinner, so I left the book open with a bookmark, sipped the remains of my coffee and went down.

I had to prevent myself from moving to much while eating dinner, they all took notice that I was more giddy than usual, but they decided to brush it off.

Fortunately, there were no further suspicions as each one of us went off to our separate ways and into our own rooms. I decided to do my homework, waiting for the time to pass. After that, I changed the batteries of my flashlight, in case the lights won't work while going over necessary details in my head, like how I needed to be gentle and not be demanding like the idiots in Grave Encounters or else I'd be dead the next day, and by 12:11, I could already hear faint movements in the attic. I wanted to wait until 1am but I was sure everyone was out cold. So I opened my door, thankfully a window was across from it, illuminating the hallway, and it was a full moon too.
I don't know whether that's a bad thing or a good thing. Let's just hope I'm alive by sunrise.

Here I go

I moved to grab the handle of the door, but paused as the door already stood slightly ajar. Pushing the door wider I turned on the switch to a tiny white light, seeing that it's still working I took hold of the old wooden railing to my left and slowly ascended.

"Hel- Hello?..." I asked my throat dry and my voice cracking,

Nothing

"Erm...Hi?"

Still nothing

"Oi, this was a stupid idea" i muttered under my breath and started to turn toward the door

"Aw, don't go just yet" a voice rang, making me freeze, not too loud, just merely above a whisper.

"Is..anybody he-here??" I gulped.

Suddenly there was creaking, followed by a light sound of a footstep. No response.

"I'm no going to hurt you, if you're not going to hurt me" I was still whispering, not wanting to offend whoever, whatever it was in this room with me.

I could hear a faint chuckle. It resonated around the room but it sounded so far away.

"My name is Tomika"

"Tomika"

I jerked as I heard my name, the voice calm, gentle, yet sensual with a hint of purr.

"Tomika"  the voice said again.

I placed a trembling hand to my mouth to prevent myself from blurting out a string of profanities.

I took a hesitant step.

"Am I bothering you? Would you like to be left alone?"

Whatever it was it seemed to freeze at the question.
I took another step this time, feeling overall curious but still scared.

"Tomika" the voice said, in a tone that it seemed like it was calling for me, convincing me to continue on. I shook of the feeling like I was being led into a trap and urged on.

The attic was filled with boxes here and there, some old broken umbrellas, a few torn dresses hanging of an old pipe line. I looked around in awe of the pile of things being kept here.

I accidentally nudged a pile of boxes with the label "Christmas Decor" and instinct told me to crouch down and hold my hands above my head. The light flickered until it turned off.

I was hyperventilating now, my breathe came out as ragged gasps and whimpers as I wait on what happens next. After a minute of shivering and whimpering, I was sure the box would've crushed me to death right now.

"You can stand up now" a voice cooed from behind me.
I spun around, eyes darting in the darkness.

"Who's there?" I asked. Witch pitch black darkness around me now, my earlier confidence, burnt into a pile of ash. Making me want to kick myself for wanting to come up here in the first place.
I stood still, not wanting to redo my earlier mistake and die for real this time.

"Who's out there? Show yourself" aiming to sound unfazed but ended up sounding more scared than ever.

"Okay then" The voice sounded so real now, no longer a whisper, no longer in my imagination, but real.

I heard the fluttering of fabric and came face to face with the most magnificent creature I have ever seen my whole life.

"Here I am" the man said. He wore a suit, without the blazer though and the first 3 buttons undone, had a pale skin, yet pinkish lips, and his eyes, he has brown eyes and his iris a slight golden.

"Clearly you're not a ghost, and you don't look like those guys in Walking Dead, you're rather very...beautiful. But why I mean you're stuck here in this dark cramped space how could your skin be so perfect. That's quite unfair, unless you're a--"

"Vampire" He smirked his fangs peeking at the side of his lips

I just looked at him speechless. I couldn't understand why I wasn't feeling nervous or threatened like before, maybe it was the relief of knowing I've still lived this far.

"That would explain the golden eyes, and the flawless skin" I remarked after recovering from initial shock

I heard him chuckle and saw his eyes twinkling in amusement with a hint of surprise.                       "You look rather well" gesturing to my pajamas.
"How could I not, I come here in search of a ghost in the middle of the night and find myself face-to-face with a very attractive vampire"
It took me a minute to realize what I had said before seeing him grinning with a Cheshire cat-like grin already plastered into his face.

"So, you think I'm attractive?" He said taking a step forward, making me step backwards as he leaned closer so his face was level to mine.

"I think you look stunning yourself" and brushing away strands of my black hair from my face.

I raised my brows at him, hoping he wouldn't feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"But you should sleep tonight, I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable lately, as you can see it's a bit cramped in here" he gestured around us.

I laughed at his attempt of easing the tension

"Will you come up here tomorrow?" he asked, making me take a good look at his beautiful eyes once more, they looked nervous, but has a warm feeling to it, meaning no harm.
I nodded and offered a small smile
"And you can go to my room you know, to stretch your legs or whatever" I offered
"That would be lovely, I'll escort you then, we don't want you to fall and get crushed now do we?"
I blushed as he held me by the waist leading me to where the right path is and as we both stood facing each other again, this time me outside the door him inside, he said

"Oh, one more thing, We don't sparkle" with a wink he kissed my forehead and slowly closed the door.

~

END

AN/8-25-15/: If you think this story is familiar, fear not I did not steal this. This is actually an edited version from the original on my QuoteV account. I am/was (I still have my account up) Conflicted Contradiction on QuoteV. I decided to transfer to Wattpad bc its so easy to access.

Anyways, It's been a very long time since I wrote a story so please take it easy on the constructive criticism.

If you have suggestions please let me know, I would be very glad to hear about it.

( ∩ˇωˇ∩)♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24M 834K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
364K 11K 69
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 | 𝐑𝐡𝐞𝐚, 𝐚 seventeen-year-old girl, her mom, and her fifteen-year-old brother 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 moves to a new home 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫...
122K 5.5K 96
You've met the fun, loving Seth Clearwater. And you've met the hard headed, stubborn Leah Clearwater. But have you met Pearl Clearwater? Pearls life...
1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...