Sherlocked (Sherlock/OC fanfi...

By remstahh_fergo

Alex Moriarty, a 20 year old science nerd from Australia has recently moved to England, soon finding herself... More

Chapter 1: New beginnings
Chapter 2: Working 12 to 9
Chapter 3: Double trouble
Chapter 4: Splats of colour on the wall
Chapter 5: The funny man
Chapter 6: Merry moments in the morgue
Chapter 7: A letter
Chapter 8: A meeting
Chapter 10: Romance se passe
Chapter 11: Dinner?
Chapter 12: In the cupboard.
Chapter 13: May I Go Now?
Chapter 14: Ew. Socialising.
Chapter 15: GET OUT.
Chapter 16: What are you doing here?
Chapter 17: My Mr Darcy.
Chapter 18: Birthday surprises
Chapter 19: Merry Christmas!!
Chapter 20: A More.. Permanent Destination
Chapter 21: The Return of the King and the Prince
Chapter 22: Sleepovers
Chapter 23: The Wedding
Chapter 24: A Moriarty Party
Chapter 25: Too cute
Chapter 26: Christmas at the Holmes'
Chapter 27: His Birthday...
Chapter 28: An actual case.
Chapter 29: The Dark Lord Falls..
Chapter 30: The Aftermath of the Dark Lord
Chapter 31: All I Ask Of You.
Chapter 32: I Can Hear The Bells

Chapter 9: Doubt

4.6K 105 40
By remstahh_fergo

Ha how's it going? I'm back yaaaay!!! School's back so it'll be hard to update but I'll try. I love you all

~Remi xoxo

Alex's POV:||:

It was a couple of days after Sherlock had his malfunction, and I was contemplating going to his place. His and John's place. I asked did Maxine and Natalie want to come, and they said yes. Natalie hadn't met Sherlock and John yet.. God help us all. Maxine was in just some plain denim shorts and a grey Yankees jumper with blue Doc Martins, Natalie was in long grey tights and a giant black jumper with green polka dots on it with brown ugg boots, and as for me, I had a red flannelette shirt, black jeans, black boots and a black jackets. I pushed Maxine in front of Natalie, and she didn't trip surprisingly. I was explaining who Sherlock and John were, and she seemed pretty okay with it, but did pull a couple of worried faces at some parts in my explanation, but other than that she was fine. I pushed my way in front of Maxine and knocked at the door, and waited patiently. Mrs Hudson greeted us with a cheery smile and welcomed us in, insisting that we have some hot chocolate. "Some biscuits too, if you've got some" I said, sitting in Sherlock's chair.

"Not your housekeeper!" She called from the kitchen, making our drinks. I smiled and started to read the paper 'Boffin Sherlock Holmes'.

"Bloody hell.." I mumbled to myself, reading through the article.

"What?" Maxine and Natalie asked, looking up from their phones.

"Just this article in the paper.." I sighed, shaking my head. They nodded in acknowledgement then went back to their internet. I place it neatly beside me and helped Mrs Hudson with the drinks and asked if I could help with anything. She nodded and gave me a list of errands to do:

-Go to the shops, buy ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognaise

-Get the newspaper

- Black Coffees, Chai Lattes and Teas

-Biscuits

"Okay, be back in a bit. You girls want to come?" I asked grabbing my jacket and standing in the doorway.

"Yeah sure" They replied, jumping and walking over.

"Later Mrs H!" I called walking down the stairway. She yelled out something muffled, but it was probably a goodbye. We strolled out the door, being embraced by the cold air and hailed a cab. We hopped in and my phone chimed. I pulled it out and read out 'Otterboy' unknowingly, and in a split second, Maxine had grabbed it and Natalie and her started reading the text and giggling. "What?!" I screamed, freaking out.

'Come to the morgue?

SH'

"Why does he want you at the morgue? Maybe he wants to INSPECT you" Maxine giggled stupidly arching a brow. I gave her a look to say 'Seriously?' and she just pulled a stupid face and started laughing again.

"Maybe he needs some help?" Natalie suggested before another text came through.

'Come if convenient

SH'

"He's Sherlock Holmes, he doesn't need help" I replied shaking my head.

"Oh right. He's a genius, isn't he?" She asked leaning forward.

"Yep" I replied quickly as I read the next text.

'If inconvenient, come anyways

SH'

I rolled my eyes and tucked it away. "SHOT NOT PAYING!" I yelled putting my hands up. That's a thing we do, whoever puts their hands up last had to do what was said, and Natalie was the last to put her hands up. We stepped out of the cab and Maxine and I sat on the kiddie rides outside while Natalie went and bought the groceries. She came out an hour later, empty handed.

"Wh- Where's the stuff?" I asked looking up from the chatterbox I'd made.

"I- I had an argument with the chip and pin machine" She growled at the ground.

"You- You had a fight with a machine?" Maxine asked leaning around me to hear.

"Well.. It sat there and I shouted abuse at it" She mumbled back.

"Here. Use my card" I said pulling out my wallet and smirking, handing her the card. She snatched it and sneered at me and entered back in, having a short fight with the automatic doors. She came back half an hour later, with the groceries and we got back into the cab and headed home. I carried up the bags and pushed through door. "Mrs H, got the stuff!" I called as I dumped the stuff on the table.

"Oh, thank you love!" She smiled as she came out from her room upstairs.

"No worries. Is Sherlock still at the morgue?" I asked scratching my jawline.

"Yes, he left not too long ago, actually" She replied pointing to the door. I nodded and smiled as we all walked out with a chorus of 'goodbyes' and hopped into a cab and arrived at the morgue in a matter of minutes.

'Helloo?" I called out as I walked into the main room where Sherlock worked.

"Alex! Hi!" Molly answered walking over.

"Is Sherlock here?" I asked smiling politely.

"Uh yeah, he's in the mortuary" She said pointing to her right.

"Thanks. Have a good afternoon!" I called as I strode out the doors and the girls tagged along behind me. We arrived at the mortuary and the girls sat in the seats outside as I entered in. "Sherlock?" I said as I pushed through the door.

"Is that you, Alex?" John answered walking from the back of the room.

"Yah, and you're John?" I said walking towards him. He didn't answer but when he stepped out of the shadows he had a frightened look on his face. "John, what's wrong?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Sherlock's had a panic attack and he's in a bad way" He trembled.

"Go out to Maxine and Natalie while I deal with him" I instructed leading him to the door. He nodded silently and headed out to them. I edged towards where a tall thin man was in a corner rocking back and forth.

"Sherlock?" I whispered squatting so I was at his level. He looked up and his glassy blue eyes were brimming with tears as he bit the inside of his lip to stop his lip trembling. "Sherlock, what's wrong? What happened?" I asked quietly sitting next to him. He glared straight ahead.

"Doubt.." He muttered through gritted teeth.

"Doubt?" I asked softly.

"Yes. Alex. Doubt. It's gotten in my head and I can't get it out" He growled running his hands through his hair and scratching his head. I looked to the ground, thinking of a way to help him, but I couldn't. All I did was pulled him into a hug and he followed along with no hesitation. I twirled his hair around one of my fingers and let it spring out. "Do you feel doubt?" He asked resting a hand on my knee and pulling a thread.

"Mmm.. Sometimes. Not very often though" I replied looking to the ceiling. He stayed silent but kept pulling at the thread.  "If you do feel that, that sense of doubt, talk to John, or Mrs Hudson, or even me!" I suggested to him. He rolled over and studied me for a minute then sat up and hugged me. I hugged him tightly back.

"Or I could just do that" He suggested smirking.

"Yeah, you could" I agreed smiling happily. We stood up and walked out, my arm in the crook of his, talking about the Baskerville case he'd just solved. I looked to Maxine and noticed that John had slyly put his arm around her and she had her head rested on his shoulder and Natalie was just glued to her phone. I cleared my throat and Sherlock and I unlinked our arms and Maxine jumped and John jerked away his arm. "Well, time to go" I sighed grabbing Natalie's arm and pulling her up. Maxine stood up and stretched and Natalie turned to John and looked him up and down.

"You're a hobbit, aren't you?" She asked frowning slightly.

"A- A what?" John stammered looking confused.

"A Hobbit, from the Lord of the Rings. That's why you're so small!" She exclaimed gesturing to his height. Maxine and I shook our heads and just started walking with John and Sherlock trailing behind and Natalie pushing through them to be next to us. "He is!" She protested as we got into the cab. Maxine looked to her with a stupid smile then shook her head. Through the whole cab ride, Maxine had a smug smirk on her face.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked arching an eyebrow.

"John" She smiled going on to her phone.

"Ah" I sighed smiling then letting my gaze return out the window. Looks like Natalie was the only one that didn't have a boyfriend. Sherlock wasn't my boyfriend but.. hehe Oh well, I'm sure she'll find someone.

Woohoo! Finally got the chapter finished, sorry it's short but it's all I had and I kept changing it Oh well :) Love you xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 8.8K 83
[Semi-Canon] [Highest Rating- #1 in sherlocklovestory] It's Autumn in London and Love is in season for one Consulting Detective and Zoologist. Sherlo...
748 18 29
Lauraine Holmes lives the life many dream of. She's together with Sherlock Holmes, married in fact, her brother in law has all the power he could pos...
520K 14.2K 67
Alexandra "Alex" Watson is the younger sister of John Watson. She comes to stay with him and Sherlock Holmes after escaping from her abusive boyfrien...
4K 395 8
Sherlock Holmes. A single dad with his own life struggles, that keep him from really interacting with any other people other than his daughter. James...