You + Me = ?

By MonishShah

The story may sound common but its not. Its different and fresh. Its also my first story, so I'm open to any... More

The Beginning
Oh Pasta
We Found Love
An Angel Passes Away
Big Jet Plane
Will You Marry Me?

Quorra, A Mistake ?

254 13 10
By MonishShah

The days were hectic while the nights were sleepless for Brandon as well for Quorra. They decided to get married in under 3 weeks. Explaining this rush Brandon said to Sia and Patrick," It just felt right. I mean we both love each other and as you know we had discussed about marriage way before she'd left for New York. So its completely fine and I'm just excited." Patrick replied," Yeah me too!" Patrick was quite glad about Brandon and Quorra's marriage because he was going to be Brandon's best man. Sia on the other hand, couldn't believe that Brandon was getting married before her. The preparations were going in full swing with Melissa, Peter and Uma pitching in to help Brandon.

One afternoon Sia and Patrick drove with Brandon to buy his suit. Patrick grinned in car," Do you really had to call me for this stuff? You know that I hate shopping." Brandon laughed and said," C'mon man, you're my best man." At the shop Brandon tried many suits, and Patrick irritatingly said to Sia," God, its like I'm shopping with a woman, particularly my mother ! He may have tried six suits, six ! And now he's gone to try the seventh. I'm tired now." Sia laughed and said," Cut him some slack, its his wedding. and you're his Best Man." Patrick glowered and said," Okay, is it just me or you two are making me do stuff in the name of 'Best Man'?" Sia laughed and said," You're phone's ringing."

Patrick imitated Sia and whispered," You're phone's ringing. C'mon you're the best man, do this and do that. Why don't I only marry Brandon! Yeah what's up Uma?" At the same time Brandon jumped out from the trial room and said," So, how's this one? I like this one." Patrick quickly interrupted," Hey brand, it was Uma. There's a problem with the caterer. I need to be there now, so can I take your car." Brandon said," Sure thing, uhh Sia and I'll take the cab." And he handed over his car keys to Patrick. After shopping for his suit and few other stuff Sia and Brandon decided to go home. They called a cab and sat in it. Brandon sighed and said," Phew! Thank God, shopping's done. You know, I can't believe I'm getting married in 4 days."

Sia replied in low pitch voice," You can't believe? Bloody, I can't believe you're getting married before me! I mean everything's just perfect with brad but still we're waiting. And look at you, She met you, she went New York, she even came back and now you're getting married, this is like a movie!" Brandon giggled and said," Things happen."

After some time Sia said," You know, its good that you didn't propose me back in college. We would've surely broken up and probably I wouldn't be sitting in a cab right now, with you." Brandon looked at her and said," That's just another way to look at it." Sia smiled curiously asked," What's the other way?" Brandon went close to her, looked in her eyes and said," I would've proposed you in college, you would've said yes, and instead of your breaking up version what if after from now 4 days I would've be marrying you and not Quorra."

Sia smiled back and said," Yeah, that's another version. It sounds good, I guess." And at that moment the two just starred at each other and said nothing. Total silence in the cab when finally the two started kissing passionately.

Sia quickly realized that it was a mistake and pushed Brandon away. Brandon and Sia just sat straight with their eyes wide open. They couldn't believe what they had just done. Sia started blabbering and Brandon repeated whatever she said.

- "You are getting married in four days."

- "Yes, I'm getting married in 4 days."

- "Quorra is perfect for you."

- "Quorra is perfect for me."

- "Brad's a nice guy."

- "Yes, brad's a nice guy... So you say."

- "I should probably walk home."

- "Walking's good for health."

Sia asked the cab driver to pull over and she got out of the cab without saying a word and started walking. Brandon went home and started to feel guilty and it would be safe to say that he was confused about his decision to marry Quorra. The next three days were pretty much awkward between Sia and Brandon. They saw each other all the time but didn't talk to each other making Brandon feel more guilt and confusion.

It was Brandon's wedding day and he couldn't take his mind off from his little kiss with Sia. He badly wanted to tell this to someone. And finally he decided whom to talk to. Patrick, Peter and Melissa were standing outside the church when Uma came rushing towards them and said," Patrick, the groom's calling." Patrick quickly went to Brandon's room and said," What's up bro? Wow! you look dashing man!"

Brandon took a deep breath and said," I think I made a mistake-" Patrick didn't let him finish and intervened," No, no. You didn't make a mistake. Quorra, A Mistake? No way man. Look, cold feet is a normal thing. I know you are nervous but it'll be all good and-" Brandon couldn't hear more of his speech so he quickly interrupted him,"-No wait. It's not about Quorra. The other day when-" Just as he was about to tell Patrick about his incident with Sia, Sia entered the room and said," Hey Patrick, caterer problem, again. He wants to talk to you."

Patrick looked at Brandon and said to Sia," But Brandon wants to talk to me. He's kind of needs help." Sia quickly responded," I'll take care of it, you need to take care of the caterer." Patrick kept looking at Brandon and finally Brandon said," Its okay Pat, I think Sia can handle me. The food's important too." Patrick nodded and left the room.

Sia walked towards Brandon and said," I thought a lot, you know, about what happened between us. And I know you must be dying, you know because of all the confusion and guilt, and that's why I'm here right now. Remember when I said that it was good that you didn't propose me in college and you told me that there's another way to look at it. But that's the only way to look at it because you didn't propose me. Why think of different versions of something that never happened, its just like a dream. What you have with Quorra and what I have with brad, that's not a dream. This is for real. And we both cannot have it with each other. Our friendship is what we have, and this is something that is irreplaceable and we, like fools were were trying to replace it that day. Quorra is the girl whom you should marry and not me. I will be there for you, always, but as a friend. And everyone in their lives need a person like this. You will go out there now, and you will marry Quorra, because You + Me = Friends. There's no other equation for us."

Sia hugged Brandon and went out. Brandon sat down on a chair and started thinking deeply. He didn't know what to do. Memories started to flash in his mind, memories of him with Sia. Patrick entered the room again and said," Ready?" Brandon got up and said," Yeah, I guess." While leaving the room Brandon said," Tell me something good." Patrick smiled and said," Quorra is not a mistake. She loves you." Brandon took a deep breath and both of them left the room.

During the whole marriage ceremony Brandon was distracted, probably thinking about what to do. Finally when the priest asked him," Do you take Quorra Ellington for your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

At that point Brandon looked at the crowd who were eagerly waiting for him to answer. He was searching for Sia in the crowd. He finally found Sia sitting besides Brad. Brandon looked at her with gleaming eyes as if he was asking her what he should do. She smiled and nodded. Brandon then looked down, took a deep breath and then smiled, he looked at Quorra and replied, " I Do." And after few moments the two were lawfully wedded. After the reception Sia walked up to Brandon and said," Congratulations." Brandon smiled and said," Thank you."

Sia looked at Quorra, who was talking to guests, and said to Brandon," We're getting married. I talked to Brad and he said he waited because of me, so I told him that I am ready now. We are getting married!" Brandon hugged her and said," That's great and just don't forget pasta in the menu." Sia started laughing and said," I won't. Anyway Brad and I have to leave now-" She called Brad and continued to speak," Congrats and you're really lucky to have Quorra." And Sia went to congratulate Quorra. Brad wished Brandon and said," Any ex-psychotic boyfriends I should know about?" Brandon laughed and said," I don't know about her psychotic boyfriends but she's one psycho. You should probably check the garden near her building, you might find some buried bodies." Brad laughed and soon he left with Sia.

Sia and Brandon remained friends throughout their lives. The two were meant to be together, but not as lovers. Who knows what their lives might have been if Brandon wouldn't had married Quorra that day. But that's the thing, why try to create different versions of lives when the time has passed. He did marry Quorra, and now he is happy with her and so is Sia with brad. There are times when we don't know what we truly love and at those times it is best to take advice from the people who truly love us. In the end, everything happened for a reason. Brandon realized that he loved Quorra and she realized that she never loved her work more than she loved Brandon. Sia and Brad too realized that waiting is not always good and the two decided to take things faster and got married soon. Brandon and Sia, both, for a moment were confused about their decisions, but in the end the two had to understand that for them there was just one equation : Sia + Brandon = Friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this, my first story comes to an end. I hope you all liked it. Do wait for my new story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 819 46
This is a sequel, so read "Dating a YouTuber?!" first. I wholeheartedly loved and trusted Nate despite having known him less than a year. I had a mil...
45.2K 2.2K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
373K 34.6K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
152K 4.2K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...