Running on the Beach at Night

akslate द्वारा

Samantha "Sam" Smith grew in a small town in Martha's Vineyard, called Oak Bluff. Sam never drew out side th... अधिक

Running on the Beach at Night
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 2)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 3)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 4)
Running on the Beach at night (Chapter 5)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 6)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 7)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 8)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 8 Continued)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 9)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 10)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 11)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 12)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 13)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 14)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 15)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 16)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 17)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 18)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 18 continued)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 19)
Running on the beach at Night (Chapter 20)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 21)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 22)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 24)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 25)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 26)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 27)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 28)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 29)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 30)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 31)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 32)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 33)
Running on the Beach at Night (Epilogue)

Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 23)

20.7K 304 16
akslate द्वारा

Chapter 23

VOTE/FAN/COMMENT

Please? J

Recap-

 He was holding me close to me, when I hear a throat clear from the kitchen. Danny and  I both look towards the door way leading to the kitchen to see Mr. Bradford standing there in complete shock.

My face burned with embarrassment. Danny tried his best to cover me up, as I quickly put his t shirt on.

Mr. Bradford looked at the both of us, and laughed. “I think, I walked in at the wrong time.”  He turned around and quickly walked back into the kitchen.

I sat on the couch, mortified. Doctor Bradford had just seen Danny and I kissing; not to mention I was only wearing a bra and panties.

I pulled on my jeans, while Danny stood in shock as well. He ran his head through his hair, “I probably need to go speak to him.” He said quietly.

I nod with agreement, and look up at him worried. “Im really sorry, Danny.”

There was no need in me telling Izzy now, because she would more than likely find out anyways. The feeling of balling my eyes out soon hit me like a ton of bricks.

“Sam, this isn’t your fault. I went about it the wrong way.” Danny kneeled in front of me and smiled, “I'm going to talk to him, and get everything straight. Ill see you before you leave right?”

I nodded quickly, before I got up and ran up the stairs towards Izzy’s room. I laid down beside her, and stared at the wall. I was pitiful, just when I thought things may be looking up, that happens? Just my luck.

Will I ever catch a freaking break?

Chapter 23-

          After the eventful morning I had, I was nervous and sketchy all day. I had decided to spend the day at Izzy’s. I was so stupid to think no one would see us, I guess there was a brighter side in all of this though. At least Mr. Bradford didn’t walk in 10 minutes before when his son was making loving to his daughters bestfriend.

          “So, how did we get home last night?” Izzy looked up from her magazine, looking extremely hungover.

          We had decided to spend the day sun bathing out by her swimming pool, but I didn’t know if she would be able to handle it. I laughed at her question, “Danny picked us up.”

          Izzy liked confused for a moment, and then sighed. “Were did you go last night, after we got home? I woke up and you were no where to be found.”

          Oh shit. I had never thought that she would wake up last night and not find me in her bed. I quickly made an excuse, “I fell asleep on the couch. I wasn’t tired, so I watched a little bit of television and I guess I fell asleep there.”

          Her attention was set back on the magazine, and she nodded. “Oh okay.”

          Whew, that was close.

          She suddenly sat her magazine back down and looked at me again. She cocked her hear to the side and looked even more confused. “Did I have a dream, that you actually talked to Carter Nash last night? Or was that real?”

          I had totally forgotten about even seeing Carter last night when Danny had come into the picture. “You didn’t dream that Iz.” I laughed nervously as I watched her mouth drop open.  “Carter and I had a conversation, he actually apologized for everything he did.”

          Suddenly, Izzy’s face grew into an excited smile. “You and Carter were so cute.”

          Whoa, I would never get back together with Carter. Would I?

          “Izzy, that’s   crazy. He cheated on me!” I leaned my head back taking in the bright sun when I heard her laugh.

          “He apologized, and he was like the best boyfriend.”

          I looked over at Izzy like she had lost her mind, “He was the best boyfriend other than the fact that he cheated on me with a 10th grader because I wouldn’t put out?”

          “Things have changed though, you actually have a sex life now.”

           I shrugged her comment off, and didn’t say anything. She was right, but I wasn’t sure if I could ever want Carter again. I wanted Danny. He was the only one I wanted. I laid the layout chair back a little, to relax when Danny walked through the back gate.

          His huge smile was contagious, as he walked towards us a smile spread across my face. He was amazing, he wore dark jeans and a white t shirt. It was like I was in a trance, because I kept my eyes on every move he made.

          “Sam! Why are you looking at Danny like that? Ugh.”

          I snapped my head towards Izzy, who was looking at me oddly. “What are you talking about?” The smile that had been on my face was now gone.

          Before she could say anything else, Danny was pushing my legs out of the way to sit on my chair. It was the first time, in a long time he actually touched me in front of someone and didn’t care who saw.

          “What are you all smiles for today?” Izzy asked Danny, he looked at the both of us.

“I got rid of Charlie for the day, and now I get to take my beloved sister and her best friend out for the day.”

          I stared at him for a moment, not sure if I should act excited or play it cool; even thought my heart was fluttering inside me. We were getting to spend the whole day with Danny. Not Danny and Charlie, just Danny.

          I glance over to Izzy, who looked extremely excited as well. She actually got to show her excitement though, I just had to keep mine balled up inside. I seriously thought I was about to burst.

          “Wait a minute, where is Charlie today?”  Izzy asked, curiously.

          Danny shrugged his shoulders, “Shopping in Boston.” I looked over to Danny, who still wore a hundred watt smile on his face. “So are you guys in? Or what?”

          Izzy and I both immediately looked at each other and smiled. We looked back to Danny who was sitting there beautifully. “I’m in.” I said with a smile.

          Izzy raised an eyebrow at me, and then looked back to Danny suspiciously. “Where are you taking us?”

          “I figured we could rent a couple of boats and Jet Ski’s? How about it?” He looked over at Izzy and continued.

          Izzy thought for a moment. Danny’s idea sounded great to me, it sounded a lot better than sitting by the pool all day doing nothing. After a minute, Izzy finally stood up and put her cover up on and smiled, “Let’s go.”

          Danny smiled at Izzy and got up as well, “One more thing, Kameron got in town this morning. He was thinking about coming, if it’s okay with you Izzy.” Danny looked back at me and winked and then looked back at Izzy.

          “Are you serious??” She asked excitedly.

          Danny nodded slowly and Izzy ran over to him and hugged him tight, “I thought he wasn’t coming until the weekend?”

          He cocked his head to the side, and flashed her a half grin. “I pulled some strings.”

          I watched Danny and Izzy both hug for a moment, they were the best brother and sister ever. I sometimes wished I had someone like that. I smiled at Danny as he looked back at me. I was actually seeing Danny act like himself for once, and I loved it.

          It was the first time in years that I had actually gotten out into the ocean on a boat, it was refreshing. When we were younger, the Bradford’s took a boat out onto the water every weekend. Once Danny had gotten older and moved off they stopped.

          The day was beautiful like always, and the wind was blowing hard so it wasn’t too hot. Izzy and I both laid out at the front of the boat while the guys were in the back catching up.

          I finally looked up to see Izzy staring at Kameron. I laughed, “Why don’t you take a picture Izzy.”

          She looked over at me and gave me a mean look, “Isnt he soooo cute?”

          I looked over at Kameron and Danny, my eyes immediately locked into Danny’s as he looked at me as well. “So cute…” I talked slowly, realizing I had been talking about Danny. Not Kameron.

          Izzy looked over at me oddly, and I laughed nervously and finished my sentence. “…If your into the pretty boy, jock, hotties.”

          Izzy kept the odd look on her face, it seemed like she didn’t believe what I was saying. “You are so into my brother. Oh my god. That’s why you have been acting so strange lately.”

          My face turned blood red, and I couldn’t say anything. She leaned up from the boat, “You are! I should have seen it! Your eyes have been glued to him all day!” She looked confused, and pissed off at the same time.

          I tried my best to save myself, “What are you talking about Izzy??” My face turned red, and sweat bullet started forming on my forehead. It started to get toasty out here.

          Izzy laughs, “I cant believe it! You out of all people, want Danny?”

          “No Izzy, I don’t!” I almost screamed, I was so afraid that our secret was out. I didn’t know what to say.

          Izzy’s face didn’t believe me though, she knew I was lying. “I don’t care if you are crushing on my bro; just don’t sleep with him. He is my brother, and you know how I feel about that; Even though, I am pretty sure he would probably do you. Since you know he would do anything that walks, I know he is a guy but still. I mean, look at the slut he has now!”

          I finally burst out with laughter, trying hard to cover up what she had just figured out. “Izzy, you don’t even know what your talking about. I’m not into Danny. At all.”

          Izzy sat there for a moment, giving me the eye. She was thinking about God knows what and then sighed, “Whatever you say Sam, but seriously don’t get involved. He will hurt you.” She looked away for a moment, “Its not that he means harm. I cant even believe he is getting married! He is just bad at relationships and stuff. You know that.” She put her hands up as she continued, “And im not saying that anything is going on between you too but still it wouldn’t be a good thing.”

          I glanced back at Danny, who was glancing at us. He seemed to know that we were talking about something private because he was trying hard not to make his staring noticeable.

          I sat in silence for a long while staring out at the ocean after Izzy had finally gotten up to go flirt with Kameron. I knew Danny had been a player in high school, but I didn’t get that vibe from him now.

          “What are you staring at so hard out there?” Danny’s voice came from behind me, and he sat right beside me.

          I shrugged, “Nothing really.”

          I wanted to look over at him and smile and know that everything was going to be alright but I knew it wouldn’t be. Nothing about this was alright. My mind thought about everything for a second, trying to come up with reasons to keep hope that Danny would man up and do the right thing. I could only think of one reason and that was just to have fun. Even if things did turn out badly, I was still having a good time while it lasted. I would be leaving in a couple of weeks. Why spend them miserable?

          “So, what were you and Izzy talking about?” He asked quietly.

          I look around quickly looking for Izzy and Kameron, but they had taken one of the Jet Ski’s for a ride and were no where to be seen.

          I didn’t feel like getting into that conversation right now, I wanted to have a good time with all of them and not think about a thing. I looked over at Danny and flashed a smile, “Nothing important.” I looked over at the other jet ski floating in the water and then looked at him. “Wanna ride?”

          He looked down and checked me out, then sighed. He pulled out the key, “I’m driving.” He laughed as he got up and pulled me up with him. Before he could jump in the water, I snatched the key from him.

          “Correction, I drive.” I looked back at him, while he stood there with his hands on his hips. He looked incredible. His bronzed skin was practically glowing, and his blue eyes stood out more today than they ever had.

          “Oh, no you don’t.” He lunged towards me, but before he grabbed me I jumped into the water with the key in hand. I finally popped my head up from the water to see Danny leaning over the boat looking at me smiling, and shaking his head.

          I ignored him, and climbed up on the jet ski. I cranked it up, and then looked back at him still staring at me. “Are you coming or not?” I asked.

          He jumped off into the water, and climbed on the back of the jet ski. “Do you even know how to drive one of these?”

          I looked back at him and laughed. What did he think I was? A pansy? I put my hands on the lever and pulled it back, we sped off quickly into the ocean.

          Danny’s arms snaked around my stomach pulling me closer. “Please don’t kill us.” He said, while laughing. The touch of Danny’s skin against mine sent a spark through my body. It totally knocked the breathe right out of me. I almost couldn’t even thing to drive; but, I kept going keeping the fast speed.

          The wind sent my long hair blowing wildly, and the water on my face felt refreshing. We road for a while, when we finally came across Izzy and Kameron. Kameron was driving and I watched Izzy holding on tight.

          As we stopped, Kameron grabbed on to our jet ski so we would float away from each other. He smiled then looked at Danny and me, “Wanna race?”

          I laughed, and nodded quickly. We turned the jet ski’s back on and then on the count of three we took off, racing and going fast. Danny laughed, as we sped past them. He was holding on for his life it seemed like.

          I glanced back at him, and grinned. His face almost looked scared. “You okay?”  I screamed over the engine.

          Danny just nodded, but didn’t let up on his embrace. I looked back forward watching where I was going. We ended up winning the race by at least half a football field. What can I say? I am talented.

          When we finally got back to the boat, Danny jumped off as soon as I turned the engine off.

          He sighed, “Finally.”

          I gave him a mean look, as I jumped off as well. “What? You didn’t have fun?”

          We waded the water for a few minutes before he talked, “Yeah it was a lot of fun. Those things just sometime scare me. I don’t like not being in control.” He ran a hand through his hair smoothing it out.

          I laugh, “What did a scare you??” I climbed on his back as he swam.

          He glanced back at me and chuckled, “No, Samantha.” I loved how he was practically the only one that called me by my whole name. He always sounded so serious.

          He grabbed my legs, and pulled me to the front of his body. He was holding me so tightly I almost couldn’t breathe again. My chest was smothered against his. He slid his free hand to the back of my head to pull me closer.

          My heart beat was pumpingfast, while his lips gently touched my neck, trailing kisses down my neck towards my chest. My head rolled back giving him more room to lean down. I felt myself yearning for more as he finally crashed his lips against mine. He kissed me with so much hotness, that I thought I would melt. “I seriously cant get enough of you, Samantha.”

          I groaned internally as I heard Izzy and Kameron’s jet ski approaching from afar. Danny pulled his lips from mine, and looked deep in my eyes. I had a feeling he was feeling the same way I was. I could kiss him all day every day. I pushed myself away from him, trying to recover and calm myself down from the sexy kiss we just had.

          We both climbed up into the boat waiting for Izzy and Kameron to come along. As I climbed the steps, Danny’s hand fell down in front of me. I look up to see him leaning over, smiling. “My lady…”

          I grabbed his hand and he easily pulled me up into the boat with him. I sat down for a moment to relax, when he walked over handing me a towel. I quickly wrapped it around my body and sat comfortably. I watched him as he cranked the boat back up to head to shore.

          Izzy and Kameron finally climbed into the boat as well, still flirting and having a good time. My eyes glanced to Danny’s as he watched them. I never thought about how he felt about it. His eyes searched over them, as Kameron gently slapped Izzy on the ass. Ugh.

          It was obvious that Danny didn’t care too much, because he shook his head and then looked back to me. He smiled, and then started driving the boat.

          The day had gone by all too quick. The sun was setting leaving a beautiful picture in my mind. I looked into the distance recapping over the day, Mr. Bradford walked in on Danny and me, and Izzy had gotten the idea that I was so called ‘crushing’ on her brother; Which, she was right, but it was so much more than just a crush. I had never felt anything like this before, and I honestly don’t think I would ever feel it again after it was all over with. If only she knew, it would make things better. I couldn’t tell her, and jeopardize our friendship like that though.

          We were finally back on the land, and I was already wishing I was back in the boat with Danny. I jumped in the car with the rest of them and we drove back to their house.

          When we arrived, Charlie was standing outside the house with her arms crossed, tapping her foot. I immediately knew, she was angry. I glanced up at Danny, who sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

          Kameron laughed, and then turned his head towards Danny. “Dude, what did you do? She looks like the devil right now.”

          Danny didn’t say anything, just kept quiet.

          All I knew, was that Kameron was right. Charlie looked like the spawn of Satan standing there. I wasn’t sure what to think.

I would love some comments with yalls thoughts!!

Don’t forget to vote!!!

Hope yall enjoyed!

sorry if its short!!!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

13.1K 216 29
{NOTE: I WROTE THIS AT A VERY YOUNG AGE, NOT UNDERSTANDING THE PARTS WHERE I WAS CRAP AT WRITING AT THIS POINT AND HOW EVERYTHING IS VERY MELODRAMATI...
428K 14.5K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
39 0 15
• Book 1 of the On Island Time Series • luke goldstein had always had a thing for ozzie blake. they've been in the same group of friends since they w...
688K 11.8K 49
*sequel to Running on the Beach at Night* It happens, the moment you grasp that your dreams are finally sitting in the palm of your hand, and then yo...