The Hobbit Imagines

By samwise_gamgee

Me, one day, "I think I'll write about fictional situations with an unnamed character, without little or any... More

Requests
Really? (Fili)
After the Council of Elrond (Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas)
More than a Potato (Samwise Gamgee)
Birthday Ball (Fili)
The Prancing Pony (Thorin)
An Unexpected Member on an Unexpected Journey (Bilbo)
Saving You (Kili)
Author's Note: Christopher Lee
Who Will You Stand By? (Saruman)
Texting with Characters from The Lord of the Rings
When Arrows Fly (Legolas)
Final Stand (Boromir)
Covers
Cover Winner!
Fire (Thorin)
Banished (ร‰omer)
Acceptance (Kiliel)
Announcement
Poll
Unexpected News (Kili)
Lost (Bombur)
Infatuated (Legolas)
My Precious (Gollum)
Adar - Father (Thranduil)
Bloodline (Fili)
Warden (Haldir)
New Adventure, New Kin (Thorin)
Good Ol' Hobbit Mischief (Merry)
Halls of My Ancestors (Thorin)
Apprentice (Elrond)
Ranger (Aragorn)

"Death Is Just Another Path" (Bard)

1.3K 60 11
By samwise_gamgee

August 2, 2015: I was given this idea from SamWise613 . Thanks! Also, make sure to look into his book, An Unknown Flame. It's great, and it's an original work.

I'm going to do either a Pippin, Thranduil, Faramir, or Legolas (a full one this time) imagine next. Comment which one you want, with an idea (possibly), if you can!

Thank you for 2k reads! You guys are awesome!

P.S. The quote in the title is from Gandalf (in Return of the King, movie version) Here's the full version of it:

"End? No, death is just another path, one which we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it: white shores, and beyond, a far green country, under a swift sunrise."

You rock, Gandalf.

This is Bard's life before his wife died. (Since we don't know a lot about Bard's wife, she'll be the reader, Y/N.)

(Bard's POV)

I felt the blowing of the cold, harsh wind and wrapped myself tighter in my coat. A storm was coming; I could feel it - the way the wind blew rapidly, as if being stirred up for an uncomfortable rainy night.

Finally reaching my house, I docked my boat when I already heard the gentle humming of various times Y/N would sing to cheer Bain or herself up.

I grinned in the darkness. I was happy that she was able to leave Miss Belinda's earlier than usual. Belinda was a woman who, in her old age, my wife helped with simple tasks from nearly dusk until dawn in exchange for a few provisions. Luckily, Miss Belinda gave us a few more provisions whenever Bain was born. With those provisions, we were able to hire a young maiden who watched over Bain up to the moment one of us, or both, arrived home.

There was no doubt in my mind that the woman was fond of children, but it still broke our hearts that we had to leave Bain at home everyday.

When I walked into the house, I smelt the scent of freshly baked bread wafting through the air.

Then Y/N stood up from where she was bending down, putting away any and all ingredients that were left to spare. "Miss Belinda gave me our extra flour ration today," she said with a tired expression and a little bit of flour worn on her face.

"Well, it also seems there is some of the flour ration on your face as well." I chuckled. I wiped the flour off of her forehead, and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

Taking off my coat, I hung it up, scanning for little Bain to be walking around.

I found him sitting down in a corner, frowning.

I squatted down to get a closer look at him. "Bain, what's wrong?"

"I might never be able to see a dragon like the one in the book Mummy read me, and I sad." he said, pouting his lips.

I picked my son up. "Now, don't be sad, Bain. There are still real dragons lurking around Middle Earth."

"Really, Da?" Bain asked, as he widen his eyes.

I nodded. "Yes."

He started giggling with happiness, and I sat him down on a chair and started to tickle him; it seems as if all his laughter had exited his lungs. He continued to giggle until the tickles were too much for him. "Da!" he cried. "Stop!"

"Okay, but don't go looking for any dragons without Da." I advised him.

Bain made an "x" over his heart. "I promise."

I smiled, and kissed his head.

I walked back to where my wife was standing. "Y/N, you're exhausted. You really should get some sleep." I said, wrapping my arms around her waist.

Her bright eyes immediately were filled with worry. "What about Bain?"

"I'll take care of him." I replied. "Go, you deserve rest."

"Thank you, Bard." she whispered, the need for sleep swiftly becoming more evident. As she headed to bed, she mumbled. "I love you."

I grinned. "I love you, too."

***

Throughout the night, thunder roared and rain attacked every roof and window of the residents of Lake-town.

I tossed and turned, still not able to get any sleep. Finally, I decided to sit up in the bed and accept the fact that I could not rest.

In the midst of deciding to get up, I heard sniffles coming from Bain's tiny bedroom. I walked over to the entrance of Bain's room and cracked the door open.

I saw him softly crying while he was wrapped in his blanket.

"Bain?" I quietly spoke. "What's wrong?"

"I-I'm afraid of t-the storm."

I frowned. "Bain there's nothing to be afraid of. Da was awake for the whole time the storm was going on."

"So you were keeping me safe?"

Laughing, I said, "Yes, Bain, I was keeping you safe."

Still feeling restless myself, I picked up Bain and decided to tell him a story.

"Once upon a time, there was a great dwarf kingdom under the mountain. This kingdom had many jewels and gold... so much so that other people desired them for themselves. One day, a greedy dragon wanted the gold to be his and sought to take over the mountain." I looked down at the boy and his eyes were filled with wonder. "The dragon was a mighty beast, one of the largest ever seen, but the dwarves put up a fight. Even though they fought hard, the dragon was nearly invincible, and the dwarves fled for their lives. While the dwarves ran, a young dwarf prince made a promise that he would return and reclaim the mountain." I finished.

Bain had his mouth wide open. "That's it?"

"Well, in the mountain over there," I pointed out of the window. "The dragon still dwells there, and I've heard tales of the dwarf and his kin always trying to find a way to take back what's theirs."

"Oh, so there is a dragon in the Lonely Mountain?" Bain asked.

"Aye." I said and sighed, thinking of the full tale of Smaug.

I then turned around to see Y/N leaning against the door frame. Her face was illuminated by the moonlight, and she was smiling.

"Do you remember the time you told Bain stories when he was a newborn?"

I remembered.

I had been nervous whenever Bain was born. I had little confidence in my ability to be a father. I was scared and was almost certain that I would do everything wrong.

But my wife had the utmost confidence in me. She had told me, "You're a good man, Bard, with a kind and compassionate heart. I know you'll make a good father."

Then, after Bain was born, I felt a special connection between the sweet, rosy-cheeked baby, and stories were one of the ways I could talk to my newborn son, and I utilized that. "I remember." I responded.

"You actually remember when I was a baby, Da?" Bain asked.

Y/N laughed. "Yes, we both remember."

His eyebrows furrowed. "But, but I'm a big boy now!"

"You are, and you'll continue to grow like a weed."  I said.

While the storm raged outside, we were content inside, happy to be in each other's
company.

I stood up with Bain in my hands and put my free arm around my wife. "I love both of you."

They also replied with similar answers, and I knew that I was the happiest man alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 4K 24
๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ชรณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎรก๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ, ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ...
198K 22.2K 37
En donde Emma Larusso y Robby Keene sufren por lo mismo, la ausencia de una verdadera figura paterna.
597K 42K 76
Lara pensaba que Toni era el amor de su vida, pero dejรณ de serlo hace mucho, despuรฉs del primer golpe que recibiรณ por su parte cuando estaba embaraza...