Love Against All Odds

De soencyn

The tumultuous love story between Oskar Vitale, a brooding son of Hades, and Zoë Nightshade, a resolute membe... Mai multe

Authors Note
Oskar - The Hunters
Zoe - Dreams and Prophecies
Oskar - The Six
Percy - Winged Escapes
Zoe - To D.C.
Percy - The General
Oskar - The Nemean Lion
Zoe - Trains and Snow
Oskar - Cloudcroft
Zoe - Battling Skeletons and Pigs
Oskar - Pig Cowboys
Zoe - Gila Claw and Tacos
Percy - Aphrodite
Oskar - The JunkYard
Zoe - Loss
Percy - On the River
Zoe - Hoover Dam
Percy - Rachel Elizabeth Dare
Zoe - Bronze Angels
Percy - Nereus
Zoe - Return of the Manticore
Oskar - Mr D to the Rescue
Zoe - Getting a Ride
Oskar - Annabeth's Dad
Zoe - Entering the Garden
Oskar - Meeting Zoe's Dad
Zoe - Into Battle
Oskar - Holding the Sky
Percy - Cliff's Edge
Zoe - Poisoned
Percy - Artemis' Touch
Zoe - Choices
Oskar - Shadow Travel to Mount Olympus
Percy - Pegasi Ride to Mount Olympus
Zoe - Audience with the Gods
Oskar - An Olympian Party
Percy - Back to Camp Half Blood
Oskar - Brother
Percy - Oskar's Departure
Nico - Bargaining with Shadows
Percy - Back to Camp Half-Blood
Nico - Conjuring
Percy - Setting Off
Zoe - Into the Labyrinth
Oskar - Demon Ranch
Percy - Getting Rid of Shit
Zoe - Family Reunion
Oskar - Sphinx
Zoe - Hephaestus
Oskar - Blasted from Mount St Helens
Zoe - Hephaestus' Advice
Oskar - Calypso
Zoe - Ogygia
Oskar - Rachel
Zoe - Reentering the Labyrinth
Oskar - Battle with Antaeus
Zoe - Out of the Arena
Oskar - Daedalus's Workshop
Percy - Flying & Colorado Springs
Zoe - Path to Mount Othrys
Oskar - Kronos Awakens
Zoe - Reunion with Tyson and Grover
Oskar - Death of a God
Percy - Goodbye to Rachel Elizabeth Dare
Zoe - New Beginnings
Oskar - Siege of Camp Half-Blood
Zoe - Daedalus' Long-Awaited Death
Oskar - Embers of Departure
Zoe - Goodnight
Oskar - Conversation by the Campfire
Percy - Farewell on Half-Blood Hill
Percy - Crossing Horizons
Oskar - Exploding Princess Andromeda
Percy - Dreams on Othrys
Oskar - Stepmother
Zoe - Great Prophecy
Oskar - Zoe's Tent
Zoe - Interrupted
Percy - A Plan in Motion
Percy - Hades' Prison
Oskar - Confronting Nico
Zoe - Rescuing Percy
Percy - Into the River Styx
Oskar - Hermes Messages
Zoe - Balcony Talk
Oskar - Battle Ready
Zoe - Reunited with the Hunters
Percy - Automatons and the Rivers
Oskar - Break the Bridge
Percy - Saving Annabeth
Zoe - A Respite from Battle
Oskar - Dreams
Zoe - Waking Kisses
Oskar - A Titan's Gift
Zoe - Anticipation
Oskar - Night Before Battle
Zoe - Morning Bliss
Percy - Unforeseen Challenges
Oskar - Clazmonian Sow
Zoe - Centaurs Cavalry
Oskar - Echoes of Gazes
Percy - Mr D's Interruption
Zoe - Storage Closet
Percy - Helicopter Drama
Zoe - A Walk Around the Perimeter
Percy - Dreams of Hades and Kronos
Oskar - Battle Begins
Percy - Lydian Drakon
Zoe - Battle Ends

Percy - Conversation with Annabeth

109 7 0
De soencyn

Annabeth sat at the foot of her mother's throne, tears streaking her cheeks, her sorrow palpable. Percy watched her, his heart aching to offer comfort, yet unsure how to bridge the gap between them in this moment of vulnerability.

Oskar and Zoe had tactfully given them some privacy, retreating to the balcony, but Percy couldn't shake the feeling that something significant was transpiring between them. Even in their heated discussions, there was an undeniable intensity in how they looked at each other, a silent dialogue unfolding beneath the surface. 

Percy couldn't quite decipher it. 

"Annabeth," he began softly, "it's not your fault. I've never seen Hermes act like that before. I suppose... I don't know... maybe he feels guilty about Luke. Perhaps he's searching for someone to blame. I can't fathom why he directed his anger at you. You didn't deserve that."

Annabeth dabbed at her eyes, her gaze fixed upon the hearth as if it held the weight of her sorrow.

Percy shifted uncomfortably. "Um, you didn't, did you?"

She remained silent, her Celestial bronze knife secured to her arm—a weapon Percy had often seen but hadn't realized was a gift from Luke until now. He had questioned her choice of blade over a sword numerous times without receiving a satisfactory answer until this moment.

"Percy," she finally said, her voice shaky. "What did you mean about Luke's mother? Did you meet her?"

Reluctantly, Percy nodded. "Nico and I visited her. She was... peculiar." He recounted the strange encounter with May Castellan and the unsettling moment when her eyes had begun to glow as she spoke of her son's destiny.

Annabeth furrowed her brow. "That doesn't make sense. But why were you there—" Her eyes widened in realization. "Hermes mentioned you bear the curse of Achilles. Hestia confirmed it, too. Did you... did you bathe in the River Styx?"

Percy hesitated before admitting, "Um... perhaps a little." He recounted the perilous tale of his encounter with Hades and Nico, omitting the vision of Annabeth pulling him from the Styx. This memory still left him feeling embarrassed and perplexed.

Shaking her head in disbelief, Annabeth exclaimed, "Do you realize how dangerous that was?"

"I didn't have a choice," Percy defended. "It was the only way I could confront Luke."

"You mean... di immortales, of course! That's why Luke survived. He must have immersed himself in the Styx as well... Oh no, Luke. What were you thinking?"

"So now you're concerned about Luke again," Percy muttered.

Confusion clouded Annabeth's features. "What?"

"Never mind," Percy replied, pushing aside his curiosity about Hermes' cryptic words regarding Annabeth's supposed opportunity to save Luke. He wasn't in the mood to delve into her past with Luke.

"The important thing is he didn't perish in the Styx," Percy insisted. "Neither did I. Now I have to confront him. We have to defend Olympus."

Annabeth continued scrutinising Percy's face as if searching for changes since his swim in the Styx. "I suppose you're right. My mother mentioned—"

"Plan twenty-three," Percy interjected.

Annabeth retrieved Daedalus's laptop from her pack, its blue Delta symbol glowing as she powered it up. She began to sift through files, her expression growing more serious by the second.

"Here it is," she said at last. "Gods, we have a lot of work to do."

"One of Daedalus's inventions?" Percy asked.

"A multitude of inventions... many of them dangerous," Annabeth confirmed. "If my mother wants me to implement this plan, she must believe the situation is dire." She glanced at Percy. "And what about her message to you: 'Remember the rivers'? What does that mean?"

Percy shook his head, feeling as clueless as ever about the gods' enigmatic messages. "As usual, I haven't the faintest idea what the gods are trying to tell me. Which rivers am I supposed to remember? The Styx? The Mississippi?"

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

49.5K 896 21
Written in: 2016- 17 After all the mess of Tyron, Percys secrets finally out, Artemis had no choice once Nico awoke and all the Gods and the hunt tur...
32.7K 1.4K 36
If you would've told Percy Jackson a year ago he wasn't the only prophecized demigod with the weight of the world on his shoulders, he would've been...
11.4K 741 15
in which aurelie nightshade's life is just a carousel spinning around after her sister willingly lets herself die [annabeth chase x fem!oc] [the tita...
5.1K 169 27
Leo Valdez, the son of Hephaestus (Greek God of Blacksmiths and Fire), has been having a real bad day. To worsen his day, Chiron falls ill, and he wo...