Summer's Interlude

By wahllflower

"Ah yuh decide fi tek set pon mi enuh" I scream at him. "Yuh sick inna yuh head Sarai? Two ah we know seh ah... More

Author's Note
Cast of Summer's Interlude
1 | Saturday Nights
2 | Grown
3 | Real Sisters
4 | Rum Behavior
5 | Feel No Way
6 | Daddy Issues
7 | In Da Club
8 | Address It
9 | The Proposal
10 | No Reply
11 | Blind
12 | When They Go Low
13 | Changing On Me
14 | Catch 22
15 | The Mobay Job
16 | Unfaithful Games
17 | No Pressure
18 | Pity Party (Part I)
19 | Pity Party (Part II)
20 | Crash & Burn
21 | Family Feud
22 | Legacy
23 | Girls Need Love Too
24 | The Conversation
25 | Rivalry
26 | Chess Not Checkers
27 | Fight This Feeling
28 | Quicksand
29 | Dead Man Walking
30 | When To Say When
31 | In Your Feelings
32 | Bad Company
33 | Chip On My Shoulder
34 | Gift & A Curse
35 | Breaking News
36 | More Money, More Problems
38 | Death At A Funeral (Part I)
39 | Death At A Funeral (Part II)
40 | Death At A Funeral (Part III)
41 | Lovesick
42 | Ex-Factor
43 | Enemy Of My Enemy
44 | You Alone
45 | Levels

37 | Leave This World Alive

688 93 36
By wahllflower

📍Manchester, Jamaica | Blenheim

The Next Day | Sunday, October 2nd

11 PM

Funny enough, despite my job occupation, I wasn't a fan of seeing blood.

It made me sick.

Making my actions up until that point feel all too real.

It made me feel guilty.

Knowing that I felt called to take someone's life, play God.

I avoided it as much as possible, I was fair, amicable even, always trying to find a solution that wouldn't end in bloodshed.

I knew these men had families, girlfriends, wives, baby mothers, mothers, sisters, and children who depended on them.

Who was I to take food off people's tables?

Eliminate their providers?

It didn't feel right...

But when I was pushed to protect myself, and those who I loved, I had no problem overlooking that.

I'd rather it be someone else's family crying instead of mine.

People always find themselves pushing their morality when their backs up againts the wall.

The things you normally "wouldn't do", become your only option for survival.

Kill or be killed.

Wiping off the barrel of my gun, pushing both the bloodstained handkerchief and gun into the inner pocket of my bomber jacket.

Adjusting my ski mask so that I wouldn't slip off my face, revealing my identity.

I look down at the body in front of me, lying there on the stone-cold concrete floor of the warehouse.

Lifeless.

This was the fourth person I'd killed tonight, and I wasn't proud of it.

It made me feel uncomfortable with myself.

Earlier today I'd received the drop on their location, the men who'd made it their job to terrorize me for the past few weeks.

Fucka dem.

You'd think with all the effort they'd gone through, I wouldn't have taken them out as easily as I did.

Rookies trying to play top dog.

Sad.

Me?

A one-man job, eradicated four people by myself.

A bad me bad.

But there was still more work to do, I hadn't been able to find their leader, but with a massacre like this, the news would travel up the food chain fast enough.

He'd find me.

I had to send a message, let it be known that I wasn't to be fucked with, I had too much at stake.

Stepping over the bodies that decorated the warehouse floor, I head back towards my car parked at the property's entrance.

Time fi gah a my yaad.

Miss me ooman, wish she was here with me.

The compound was practically pitch black, with no sign of life other than myself as I hurried towards my vehicle, eager to hit the main road.

I never liked doing jobs by myself, I felt more comfortable when I had backup.

But this opportunity presented itself and I had to jump on it.

Trigger finger did a itch me.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I pull it out quickly, scanning the caller ID.

Amina?

Why she a call me suh late?

I answer the call, pressing the phone againts my ear as I march through the gravel, my car locked in my view as the final destination.

"Yo babes, yuh good?"

"Yea baby, just wanted to check in on you, haven't heard from you all day" she replies, calming my nerves.

Pheww, as long as she good.

I worried about her, day in and day out.

She was my world.

Just thinking about her took my mind off everything, and freed up my senses.

"Yea man me good, juss did a finish up sumn...soon reach back in" I tell her, reaching inside my jacket pocket for my keys.

"That's good babe, I miss you like crazy, hate being away from you" she says, her voice low.

I hated being away from her, but I needed to ensure she was safe, away from all this shit.

"Me miss yuh more mama, yuh soon drop a me foot doh, just couple more days" I reply, unlocking the car door.

Me tiad like dog.

"Yuh know I love you Amina, wid me whole heart"

I meant it, she was my heaven on earth.

"Me love you more Mir, you're the love of my life" she replies, and I can't help but smile.

I pull on the handle, ready to slide into the driver's seat.

Need a shower too...

"Aye bwoy, if yuh know wah good fi yuh, doh mek a next bloodclaat move" A voice calls out from behind me.

I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head, as they press what seems like a gun hard into the flesh.

A throbbing sensation takes over me as they slam the metal harder once more.

A weh did fuck?

"Babes, a wah gwaan?" A confused Amina is next to speak.

"One second, doh hang up..."

I dropped the phone on the car seat, unable to reply to her as I tried to gain an understanding of the situation I was in and my next moves.

"Tun round badman, and doh even think fi draw fi yuh gun" the voice commands, and I hesitate a bit before obliging.

I had to get an in and try to at least get a hold of my piece.

"A who yuh now?" I chuckled turning to face them.

The voice was relatively deep, so more than likely it was a man, it was rare to see women in my line of work.

They were more of an anomaly.

We lock eyes, and he pulls down the ski-mask, aiming the barrel of his gun straight in my face.

"Terrell?" I proclaim in disbelief.

You've got to be kidding me...

"Glad you remember the fact" he smirks, motioning for me to move closer.

I can hear Amina calling for me, but I don't answer, my focus set elsewhere.

How me aguh get me gun now?

"Me see yuh sister weh day enuh, dung a Ochi...she still look the same" he says, redirecting the conversation.

I could care less, nah lie.

I reach for my inner pocket, grabbing onto the fabric of the jacket.

"Do dat if yuh bad," he exclaims, removing the safety off his gun.

Fuck.

No matter how much I try to escape it, dah likkle gyal and her problems still a fucking follow me.

"Hate seh it did haffi come to this enuh Samir, swear to yuh but a suh it guh sometimes, don't it?" he says with a laugh, yet his tone was so deadpan.

Dah man yah nah mek it gah heaven enuh.

No matter how anxious I wanted to feel, I just couldn't, nothing about him made anything in me feel fear.

Mussi mad.

Terrell?

Me nah mek nuh man tek my three points suh easy.

Especially not him.

So if a shoot him want shoot, then so be it.

Kill or what?

Awoh.

I reach into my pocket again, using the suddenness of everything as a weapon of distraction.

Kicking my feet deep into the gravel, releasing a gust of dirt into the air.

I pull my ski-mask over my face, steadying my hand on the safety of my gun as I removed it.

Terrell is coughing profusely, hitting his chest.

Fucka yuh.

Using that same leg, I push all my momentum into one sudden movement, slamming my leg into his stomach, and causing him to stumble back.

I glance back to my gun, ready to put it to use.

As God intended, cause me nah dead out yah.

My fingers trail over to the trigger and press down, firing a round of shots towards my victim.

The air around me becomes chaotic, as Terrell follows suit, firing a round of his own in my direction.

Fuck.

I try to dodge, dropping my body flat against the ground as quickly as I can.

Bombaat!

A pulsating sensation covers my body, spreading through every crack and crevasse of my nervous system.

Maybe a the afterschock?

My head thumps, almost as if my brain is ready to implode.

A drumming pressure increased in my lower abdomen and upper chest area.

I look down at my hands, trying to survey my body, praying for the best outcome.

Blood paints my shirt, spreading and seeping into the fabric of my jacket.

I glance over at Terrell, whose body is lying limp across from mine.

Me aguh dead?

"Babe?"

"Samir?!" Amina's voice shrieks from the phone above my head, traveling down to my ears.

I struggle to sit up, using the last of my strength to position my body upright against the metal of the car.

Blood is everywhere at this point.

My hands and body grow cold with every passing second.

"Samir please answer me baby," Amina cries, but I'm unable to reply.

My voice hitched in my throat, my words stuck.

"Baby! Me a beg yuh please...answer me nuh"

"Mir, me cyaa live widout yuh" she screams, fear evident in her voice.

My baby...

I had nothing left in me, I was at the end of the line.

Toeing the line between life and death.

My life flashing in front of my eyes, as I begged for a little bit more time, anything.

Me cyaa leave me baby.

There I was, helpless, and there was nothing neither of us could do to help me.

In seconds, like everything else in this thing called life, it all came to an end.

I took my final breath, surrendering to the darkness.

Leaving the world alive.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
A/N
🚶🏾‍♀️
remember to comment 💬 and vote ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 23.1K 78
Naomi's a newly divorced, single mother, who's dedicated to herself and, the wellbeing of her daughter. It took only one interaction to change her m...
156K 15.9K 44
Jamaican Romance Book F R A G I L E โœ๏ธŽ "Yuh f*cking naive, wh...
651K 49.4K 45
"Mi cah fuck uh Riri," he said while pulling away from our heated kiss. Why? Was it because we're bestfriends? "Why not?" I breathed out heavily as...
417K 30.4K 104
"๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ฌ" --๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ-- ๐Ÿฅ‡โ„‹๐’พ๐“ฐ๐’ฝโ„ฏ๐“ˆ๐“‰ โ„›๐’ถ๐“ƒ๏ฟฝ...