Superstitions {Dean Wincheste...

By courtneybunny2

Sequel to Haunted "If I ask you to stay, will you?" I asked, voice quiet as I stared at him. His thumb brushe... More

Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 56

1K 26 99
By courtneybunny2

Folsom Prison Blues

Let's get the record straight. I am not a criminal. I have broken no laws. 

So why am I sitting on a bus waiting to be dropped off at Green River County Detention Center, you may ask.

Well, that's because I'm sleeping with an idiot.

Why are you doing that, you may ask.

Because he's hot and super sweet. 

But that's besides the point. 

Anyway, I was not planning on being a part of this little 'let's go to jail on purpose' plan, but all I know is at first Dean thought I should stay back, then he decided maybe it was best to keep me close so he would have an eye on me. 

If I was with him, nothing could go but so wrong.

I was easily convinced when he said I could drive the car for a week. 

Again, you may ask, Saige, why are you going to the same detention center as them.

Well, the cops were lazy and said 'she'll be fine. We'll put her in solitary and keep and eye out. It's not dangerous.' 

I do not trust that. 

Maybe we should start from the beginning. 

24 Hours Ago

I knew this was a bad idea, but I would get to drive the Impala for an entire week without complaint. Plus, I'm not sure I'd be able to go no contact with Sam or Dean for almost an entire week. 

Why we choose an Anthropology Musem to break into was still lost on me.

"I hate this plan, Dean." Sam said as we walked through the hall, passing right by the motion detector.

"Yeah, I got that the first ten times I heard it." Dean said.

We walked through the halls until reaching the cases full of very old weapons. We stopped there. 

A noise in the distance made us head back into the hall. We turned a corner to be met with two police who started yelling at us to freeze. 

We turned to the other hall. Two more officers. The other hall also had two officers at the end all yelling for us to stop.

"Put your hand behind your head. Sit down on your knees. Now." 

We did as they said, letting them handcuff us.

"You know, this look is working for me." Dean whispered to me.

I shook my head. "Seriously?"

"What?"

___

"Front." A camera flashed as I held up the little sign as they took my photo. "To the right." I turned. Another photo was taken. 

I knew Dean was probably joking around while having his mug shot taken, making faces, asking if he looked good. 

He is such a dork. 

Sam probably looked like a sad puppy.

"That's a nice camera." I said, laughing nervously. 

___

"Unfortunately, your arraignment on the breaking and entering charge won't be until Tuesday." Mara--our lawyer--said as he opened her briefcase while we sat in a small, gray room.

"And they'll keep us in the county jail?" Dean asked.

"That's right." 

"Green River County Detention Center?" Sam asked.

"Yes." Mara nodded. "And considering the charges you're facing, no judge in his right mind is going to grant bail."

"Can we have a judge who isn't in his right mind then?" I asked, mustering a small laugh. 

"Yeah, we figured." Dean muttered, hand curling around mine. He gave my fingers a squeeze.

"Extradition papers have already been filed from five separate states." Mara told us. "Missouri and Wisconsin being the biggest concern, the bank robbery and the murder raps." 

"How long can we stall extradition?" Sam asked. 

"A week. Maybe less." 

Now

So now I was chained and following behind Dean as we walked off the bus. 

"Don't show fear and don't leave my side ever." Dean whispered as we walked along the chain link fence.

"Wasn't planning on it." I squared my shoulders, ignoring the comment and whistles from the other side of the fence. 

"Don't worry, Sam. I promise I won't trade you for smokes." Dean told his brother, who stood behind me, thankfully. 

___ 

After changing into an orange jumpsuit and being shown to my cell, I was ushered back to everyone else where I quickly joined Dean's side. We now stood in a long line.

"My roommate doesn't say much, how's yours?" Dean asked Sam in a low voice.

I gripped his arm, practically clinging to him. "Yeah, roommate, sure."

"He just keeps staring at me in a way that makes me really uneasy." Sam whispered.

"It sounds like you're making new friends." Dean remarked. 

"I am not fond of any of this." I stated. 

"Dean." Sam complained. "This is without a doubt, the dumbest, craziest thing we've ever done. And dragging Saige alone with us? And that's in a long, storied career of dumb and crazy."

"I wasn't leaving her alone to be hunted down by police and shipped off to God knows where. Plus after her dream, I wasn't leaving her alone to deal with that." Dean said. 

Speaking of my most recent dream, I was not sleeping anymore. I had dreamt Yellow Eyes had come after me, that he was going to kill me. 

Dean flew off the handle after that. Not at me. But at the fact that I wasn't safe. He never left my side since the dream. That was three days ago.

"Calm down. It's all part of the plan." Dean said. 

"Oh, really?" Sam scoffed. "So Henricken showing up was part of the plan?" 

Yeah, our FBI friend from our bank robbing days paid Dean a visit.

"Yeah, that guy moves a lot faster than I thought." Dean mumbled. "Look, all we gotta do is find this ghost, put the sucker down, then grab ourselves a couple of teardrop tattoos."

"Dean." I complained. 

"That's not funny." Sam stated. "Dean, what about the escape plan? It--?"

"It's a hundred percent sure thing. I wouldn't have gone in if it wasn't." Dean assured him. "I mean, come on, man, this place has all the signs of a haunting."

"Yeah, and also 'danger to women' written all over it." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but there's a demon out there. At least here I'm with you. I can keep you safe." Dean told me. "Innocent people are dead. Four so far."

"Yeah, innocent." Sam scoffed. 

"You from Texas all of the sudden?" Dean asked. "Just because people are in jail doesn't mean they deserve to die. If we don't stop this thing people are going to continue to. We do the job wherever it takes us." 

"Look, Dean, just be straight with me, all right." Sam says. "You're doing this for Deacon."

"Damn right." 

"We barely even know the guy."

"We know he was in the corps with dad. He saved Dad's life. We owe him." Dean stated. 

"Okay, well, wonderful, can we shut up now?" I asked. 

"Yeah, all right, but don't you think he's asking a little much?" Sam said. 

"It doesn't matter." Dean stated. "We may not be saints, but we're loyal and we pay our debts. Now, that means something to me and it ought to you. I'm not thrilled about this either, but Deacon asked us to hunt this thing down, that's exactly what we're going to do." 

___

"You know, this chicken isn't half bad." Dean stated as we sat at a table by ourselves in the cafeteria. "Not as good as when Si cooks, but not half bad."

"Great. Finish mine." Sam shoved his tray toward Dean. "So let's go back over this, Dean. Spirit suspect number one is Mark Moody, right?"

"Saige, eat something." Dean nudged my leg. "You haven't eaten in a while."

"I haven't been hungry." I muttered, picking at the food on the tray.

Dean gave me a look before turning back to Sam. "Yeah. Psycho killer extraordinaire. Satanism. Ritual murder. Died in jail." 

"Are you sure it's him?" Sam asked.

"Pretty sure." 

"Dean, considering our circumstances, I'm gonna need a bit better than pretty sure." 

"Really pretty sure." Dean corrected, grabbing the roll from my plate and holding in front of me. "I will force feed you. You're not withering away on my watch."

I mocked him incoherently under my breath, grabbing the roll.

"Moody died of a heart attack, which is what the victims in here are dying of." Dean continued. "He died in the old cellblock, which they closed after he croaked, 30 years ago. They just opened that back up, the killings started."

"You think his spirit was released somehow?" Sam asked. 

"Mm-hm."

"What if he was already cremated?"

"I'm guessing there was something in the old block that belongs to him keeping him around."

"If we were burning bones, we wouldn't need to be here." I pointed out. "We'd go to a graveyard, not a jail."

"Whatever it is, we gotta find it, and you know the rest. I'm done." Dean shoved his tray back. He stood, making me immediately follow. 

Sam trailed behind us, bumping into an older man. "Sorry, I--"

"Watch where you're going." The man said as Dean and I turned back to look. 

"Yeah, sure, I just--" Sam began.

"He said he was sorry." Dean cut him off.

No. No, no, no.

"Okay, let's not do this right now." I said, grabbed Dean's arm and trying to reel him back. 

"You talking to me?" The man asked.

"We're all very sorry." I said. "Dean." 

"You talking to me?" The man repeated.

"Great, another guy who's seen Taxi Driver one too many times. Yeah, I'm talking to you." Dean said. "Trust me. Let it go."

"Dean." I hissed. 

The man turned, walking off. 

"Dean, come on."

Dean turned back to us, smiling. "See, that's how you gotta talk to these guys." He winked. "Instant respect." 

"Um, Dean?" I said.

"You were saying?' Sam asked as a larger man was walking back toward Dean along with the first guy.

Dean turned. "Oh, great."

Should've known a fight would break out within the first ten minutes of being here.  

Dean caught the man's arm when he threw a punch. "We can end this all right now. No harm, no foul." 

The man slammed his elbow back into Dean's chest. Dean grabbed his arm, shoving him into one of the beams. The guy stepped on his foot, making Dean stumbled. Dean kicked the man between the legs. He double over and Dean brought his knee up, hitting him in the face. 

"That's enough!" Deacon shouted, walking toward us. "On your feet, Lucas." 

"Yes, sir, boss." The man pulled himself up. 

Deacon pulled out that stick thing that cops carry around to beat people with, placing it under Dean's chin. "What's your name?"

"Winchester." Dean replied.

I was both very attracted to him right now and thought he was so dumb for all of this. 

Which was our relationship in a nutshell most of the time. 

"Well, Winchester, not a good start." Deacon stated. "Solitary. You too, Lucas."

A guard grabbed Dean's arm, shoving him toward the door.

"Are we having fun yet, huh?" Dean asked. As he passed by me, he winked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
24.5K 648 23
Your a 4 year old girl playing when all of a sudden your father gets killed by a unknown creature you are yet to discover at this young age. A man wi...
16.2K 377 38
Book 3 in the back to you series. After selling their souls Dean and Alexis agree to live life to the fullest before their time is up. Even though b...
58.1K 1.2K 25
Alexis Hart or Smith, as she prefers, grew up learning to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It was her life. She was taught it was the only...