Survive ( Maggie Greene x GP...

By sleepless_ghost

Yn Grimes was a fashion designer before the apocalypse. Wouldn't think someone like her would make it far but... More

Stressful situations
well well well
unexpected discoveries.
walkers in the barn
Sophia
drinking
Randall
Road
Pushing through
Prisoners
Slept
God ?
Taken
Yn
Watch
shmol update
The governor
Fight
Real bad news
Clear
Prey
The Tombs
Isolation
Old News
Safe
Terminus
All Lies
Strangers
The Lord's House
Help
Caught
Cross
What happened
Everyone
Stranger
Remember
Forget
Tried
Again
Balloons
Problems
Today
Different Water
Death comes easy
ACT TWO
I'm back Bitches
Doom
Fuckers
The End
Parenting
Alexandria
New Day
Death
Hunted

Still

536 26 0
By sleepless_ghost

We've been walking for what seemed like forever, everyone was tired but I pressed them to keep going, we walked past a sign which caught my attention I turned back to the sign and read what it said, ' Terminus'. I glanced at Glenn who had exactly the same look as I did. We decided to follow the path in hopes that find Maggie or Rick or someone.

* Tiiiiime skiiip*

Hours turned into a day, it was late but we were still going. Eugene kept blabbing about the infection but I cut him out, I focused on the road. It got dark quickly. Rosita and Glenn begged we take some rest. It was much needed, I lied in my bag, the photo of Maggie clutched in my hand as I looked at it, the moonlight illuminating her face perfectly. I decided to get some rest.

The next morning it was getting up early and getting back on the road. I wasn't stopping untill I found Maggie. There, on a big map to Terminus, written in blood was a phrase which made my heart almost explode out of my chest. ' YN GO TO TERMINUS MAGGIE, SASHA, BOB.' me and Glenn shared a look before an unusual burst of excitement and adrenaline took over us. We started sprinting in that direction, eventually slowing with a relieved laugh as we jumped on one another, hugging the shit outta the other. I felt tears in my eyes as the others approached.

" They're alive!" Glenn yelled as we started back up again. I was now in the front when Abraham yelled. " Hold up. We're stopping here." He said but I shook my head. " It's barely noon." Glenn nodded in agreement. " I don't give a monkey's left nut, none of us have slept more than a couple hours straight since we went all Kacey Jones." He referenced, I sighed. " It looks safe, we need rest. I get it, y'all need to find her but Rosita and me have our own mission. So we're going in that tower and we're going now." He raised his voiced which made walkers inside start growling. " Oh crap." He muttered. " Hey watch out." He pushed Eugene out of the way which made Tara fall down. The walker splatted onto the ground, blood shooting everywhere. " You okay?" I heard Rosita ask Tara to which she nodded with a groan. " We gotta stay here, help me carry her up." She said to me as I helped her up. " You okay." I asked, she nodded. " You wanna stop or you wanna keep going?" I asked again, Glenn gave me a disapproving look. " Keep going " she groaned. " If she can keep going we can all keep going." I said shooting Glenn a sorry look. I have to find Maggie, he knows that. " Or, you guys can stay here. You don't need us and we don't need you." I told them. " Wow, you're an asshole. She will do anything you ask her to because she thinks she owes you." Rosita said to me. I looked at Tara who was looking down at the ground. " Man up, least stay here for a few hours." She adds but I knew I was so so close to finding Maggie. " We stay untill sundown, I give Eugene here my riot gear and everyone wins." I tell Abraham. " Except her." Rosita denies again but this time Abraham cuts her off. " You ain't her mama, if she says she can walk then she can walk. Sundown." He nods. I heard a scoff from not only Rosita but from Glenn too. He rested for a bit, I gave my gear to Eugene. Glenn didn't want to talk to me, " Glenn, you know I have to find her. You know." I told him but he shook his head. " No Yn. You can still be nice, considerate. Look at the girl, she can barely step on her foot." He motioned to where Tara was sat on the ground with her leg on Rosita's lap. I shook my head too, " she said she can walk. All she had to say was she wanted to stay." I told him, he crossed his arms and stayed silent. A while later we were back on the road, we came to a dark tunnel, the same phrase on the wall, this time it was slightly wet. " We're gaining on them. It's still wet." I told them happily. " Sure as shot we can't go up and over." Abraham mumbled as groaning came from the tunnel. " How bout around?" He asked. " No, well lose a day. If Maggie went through I'm going through." I told him but he pointed to the darkness. " That there is a long, dark tunnel full of reanimated corpses. I'm not going to let Eugene go in there. I say we take the day and go around." He pressed. " I'm no-" he cut me off. " Not gonna do that, I know. So this is where we have to part ways." I looked at Glenn was looking down. " I'm sorry but you're on your own." He said. " No you're not." Tara said, her and Glenn stepping up to me.

Abraham held out two cans for me but I shook my head. " No, you're gonna need that more than I will. You keep it." I said. " You will to." He smiled. Glenn thanked him as Tara took the cans. " Here." He handed me a torch. " Sorry I hit you in the face." I said, giving him a tight lipped smile. " I'm not, never seen a woman hit that hard in my entire life." He smiled which made me chuckle. " Good luck." Rosita said hugging each of us. She gave me a smile, " try not to be an ass." She walked back. " You're good people. And, you're seriously hot Tara." Eugene said which made me hold a laugh. " Yeah, I like girls. Gay." She said with a cringe. He nodded, " Im well aware." Abraham told us to double back if there's trouble, and headed off. Leaving us to go in.

" Hey, you'll be okay." I told her before we started. " When Brian told us he wanted to take over the prison I knew it sounded bad, when I found my girlfriend she was dead. My niece, my sister was surrounded. But it was still not as bad as seeing what he did to Maggie's father." She said. I sighed, " because that's when I knew, when the sword. It just happened, he said we might have to kill people. I was just hanging onto might." She sucked in a soft breath. We could hear the walkers as we approached. They were trapped under some debris. I looked for a spot to go over. " This might've happened today." She said. I nodded and looked up to make sure it won't collapse any further. " Hold this." I gave Glenn the torch and climbed through, stabbing some as I go by. We climbed the debris and shone down, there were walkers everywhere. There's no way Maggie went through here, " Yn, what're you going. " Glenn whispered. " She's not one of them." I smiled. " No bodies. Maggie made it through." I told them. " We don't have enough ammo, Yn." Tara said. " We have to find another way." I said, we got down as they came towards us. " Hide." Glenn said. They crowded in the opposite corner, we climbed over. Glenn then me and lastly Tara but Tara slipped and got her leg caught between some rocks. " Tara." I whispered and tried helping her. The boulder was too heavy for mw and Glenn to lift, we tried and tried. The walkers were starting to lose interest in the torch. " Go, go find Maggie." She said. "No, no." I said and continued pulling on the boulder. " Yn you can't save me. You two can't lift this off of me and I can't run. If you try to helo me they'll get you two too." She reasoned, " there's gotta be a way." I said to which Glenn nodded. We pulled again, " they're coming." She said but I shook my head. " I'm not leaving, I'm not leaving you." I told her, Glenn looked concerned but I continued to pull at the boulder. " Get out of here!" She yelled at me. Glenn was already pulling on my jacket but I didn't budge. " Go!" She yelled again. I then looked back to see them coming at us. I shook my head and pulled out my gun, " no." I shot them as best I could, Glenn and Tara behind me. When I ran out of bullets I grabbed my empty rifle and yelled at the walkers. I got ready to beat the shit out of them but they got distracted by blinding headlights. I covered my eyes, " get down!" Someone yelled, I covered Tara with my body as Glenn shielded his head. Shots were fired left n right u till it finally went silent. When I turned back around i saw one if them approaching us, it was Maggie.

Her face held a look of relief as she jumped on me and hugged me tightly. " Oh Yn!" She whimpered as I held Her, tears forming in my eyes. She was crying, taking my face in her hand and pulling me down to look at my face. She pulled me into a kiss, pouring all of her emotions into it, as did I. " You okay?" I asked her to which she laughed and pulled me back in for a hug. We got settled, abraham and Glenn helped me get Tara's leg out. I helped Maggie stack the bodies when Rosita came up, " how's it?" I asked. " Entrance is secure. Nobody's getting in tonight." She nodded as Tara came around. " We haven't officially met." Maggie smiled at Tara. " Oh sorry. Uhm, Tara this is Maggie. Maggie, Tara." I said, " hi." Tara said shaking Maggie's hand. " Hi," she replied. Tara smiled, " she's a big fan of yours." She motioned to me to which I chuckled. Maggie smiled at me, " uh, we met Tara on the road. When we came from the prison. Couldn't have made it without her. " I smiled at her. Maggie pulled her into a hug, " thank you for bringing her back to me." She said to Tara. She patted her back, " when she heard what we were doing she said she had to help us. She's just that kind of person, I knew you two were gonna get along." I said shooting Tara a look letting her know I won't tell. She smiled before walking off. Rosita followed and not long after us too.

Everyone looked so tense, " what's up?" I asked. " He just said that he knows what caused the outbreak." Sasha said in disbelief. " Yeah, he does. Let me guess, he asked you to go to DC with him?" I asked Sasha who nodded. " I'm happy you found each other. We cam spend the whole night celebrating because tomorrow I don't see no damn reason why the nine of us don't stuff ourselves into that little car and head off to DC." He said. " He's right."" I'ma go." Rosita nodded to Tara's words but Eugene cut her off. ' no, he's wrong. We're about 55% away from Houston and Washington. Up until now we've had an armoured military vehicle for transport and we lost eight people." He said. " That wasn't our fault." Rosita said. " They're gone." Abraham cut in. " We're a day's walk from Terminus, who knows what they've got there." He added. " It won't hurt to regroup and then go." Rosita said to which sasha nodded. " I'll go with you guys, but after I see terminus. My brother could be there." I nodded, thinking about my own brotber. I hope Rick and Carl, Judy and Michonne and them all are good out there. " He tells me I'm wrong, I listen. Tomorrow we go to the end of the line. Then Washington." Abraham nodded. I nodded, " get some sleep. Tomorrow's long." I told them before preparing our place. Me and Maggie lied cuddled up. " I can't believe it." I said as she drew patterns on my shoulder. " I know, we were right over there. I tried to thing of what you would do if you were there so I emptied my load into the ceiling." She said. " It's unbelievable." I told her to which she smiled. " Kind if like keeping those guys from saving the whole world while you go look for your wife." She said. I smiled at her, " I'm pretty persuasive." I joked, she nodded in agreement. I pulled out the blanket and threw it over her, not realizing something fell out. Meggie picked it up and smiled, it was the picture I had of her. She grabbed my lighter and held it under the picture. " Woah woah, what're you doing " i said taking the picture from her but she just tried to tske it back. " This is the only picture I have of you." I said looking at it. She frowned, " you don't need a picture of me. You never will again." She looked at me with her big green eyes. I frowned and held the picture over the flame, throwing it to the ground when I caught fire. I watched it burn, almost feeling Maggie smile.

We got comfortable and fell asleep in one a other's arms. It felt good to hold her again.

************************************

They're back together, I love them being together but I know there'll be a long wile where they wont be together in the future, don't loee hope tho. They'll reunite, as always.

~S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 11.3K 79
When the world went to hell it didn't make much difference to y/n's life. She was alone before everything and she was alone now. When everything sta...
11.5K 269 12
Quinn Dawson is just another victim trying to survive the zombie apocalypse... or is she? She seems like any other fighting survivor, but on the insi...
1.3K 76 6
❝ 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐝, 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ❞ Charlotte Greene had always thought everything would be fine. She thought that the illness that caused...
359K 9.5K 99
Semi-mature. Completed. Nate's a teenage Aussie tomboy. Who grew up in a country town with 4 big brothers and parents who adore her as much as she do...