Superstitions {Dean Wincheste...

By courtneybunny2

Sequel to Haunted "If I ask you to stay, will you?" I asked, voice quiet as I stared at him. His thumb brushe... More

Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 44

1.2K 22 102
By courtneybunny2

Tall Tales

I was seething. There were three thieves I had to live with. Sam had stolen my favorite pen and notebook. Millie took my mascara. Dean has hidden my favorite bra...or lost it. I mean, he was the last one to have it seeing as he was taking it off of me!

Either way, I am super pissed.

Especially since they're all denying it and won't give me my things back.

We all sat in a scrappy motel, trying to figure this case out. Well, some of us were.

I sat in an armchair across the coffee table from Sam, who sat on the couch. Millie was at the kitchen table, playing Solitare. And Dean was sitting on Sam's bed, eating chilli cheese fries as the radio played in the background.

I slammed the book I was reading shut.

"Dude, you mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam asked, rubbing his eyes.

"No, I don't mind." Dean shook his head.

I shook my head while Millie laughed a little. "Dean, you are insufferable."

"You love me, Angel." He flipped through the magazine. "And since when are you on his side?"

"I'm not. I'm just frustrated."

"How's the research going?" Dean asked.

"You know how its going?" Sam replied. "Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer."

Dean smiled sarcastically, nodding his head though he didn't really care. "Mm."

"For the last time, Sam, he didn't take your computer." I scoffed. "My bra on the other hand."

"I didn't take that either, but I'm not complaining that its gone." Dean said.

"Well, Dean's the ass who's blaming Sam and I for slashing his tires." Millie spoke up.

"Says the make-up thief." I quipped.

"I have my own! Why would I take yours?"

"Can you turn that down, please?" Sam asked Dean.

"Yeah, absolutely." Dean turned the radio up louder.

"Your boyfriend is a dick, Saige." Millie said.

"At least I have a boyfriend." I muttered.

"We're the reason she doesn't." Sam argued. "Normal people run for the hills when someone says they saw demons." He looked back at Dean. "You know what? Maybe-Maybe you should just go somewhere for a while, huh? Shove your tongue down Saige's throat because that's all you two seem to do anyway."

"I know right? Its like would you two stop trying to climb inside each other for five seconds." Millie added.

"Hey, I'd love to." Dean cut off the radio. "That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's screwed to hell."

"I told you Millie and I had nothing to do with--" Sam began, but was cut off by a knock at the door.

Sam stood, going to open the door.

"Dean, I seriously need my bra back." I stood, moving toward him.

"I don't know where it is." He said. "Plus, you have another."

"But I don't like that one."

"Then why do you have it?"

"Because."

"Well, give me my sweatshirt back."

"Okay, I took the gray one but I don't have the navy one." I stated.

"Yes, you take all of my clothes."

"Most, not all--"

"Hey, Bobby." Sam opened the door.

"Boys and girls." Bobby smiled.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean stood, slipping past me. As he brushed by, he reached up and lightly pinched my boob.

I slapped his hand.

"Nice to see you again." Millie told him.

"It's good to see you all again so soon." Bobby nodded along.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for coming." Sam agreed.

"Thank God you're here." Dean shook Bobby's hand.

"So, uh, what didn't you want to talk to me on the phone about?" Bobby asked as we all stood by the beds.

"It's this job we're working." Sam said. He laughed. "We weren't sure you'd believe us."

"Well, I can believe a lot." Bobby stated.

"No, yeah, yeah. We know. Its just, we've never seen anything like it."

"Not even close." Dean added.

"And you're hot shit in the hunting world?" Millie asked, looking between us.

"Somehow." I shrugged.

"We thought we could use some fresh eyes." Sam continued.

Bobby shrugged. "Well, why don't you begin at the beginning?"

"Yeah, um, alright, please." Sam gestured for him to sit before pulling an armchair over for himself.

Dean sat on the edge of the bed, pulling me into his lap as Bobby sat on the opposite bed.

Millie sat on the arm of Sam's chair.

"So it all started when we caught wind of an obit." Sam began. "See, a professor took a nosedive from a forth story window only there's a campus legend that the building's haunted. So we prefaced as reporters from the local paper."

"Aka, we were big fat liars." Millie stated.

(Sam's Version)

Sam sat in the bar across from two college student only a year or two younger than himself with Millie at his side. She said since she was stuck tagging along with hunters, she wanted to learn as well. He placed a recorder on the table.

"Yeah, we both had the professor for Ethics and Morality." The drunk man in a letterman jacket said, beer in hand.

"Yeah? So why do you think he did it?" Sam asked.

"Who knows?" The girl, Jen, replied, leaning in. She was clearly a gossip. Millie recognized the type anywhere. "He was tenured, wife and kids, his books was, like, a really big deal. Then again, who's to say it was suicide?"

"Jen, come on." The boy--who's name Millie and Sam had missed or forgotten--complained.

"Well, what else could it be?" Millie asked, sending a glance at Sam to make sure she was doing okay. He gave her a curt nod back.

"Well, you know about Crawford Hall." Jen said.

"No. We don't, actually." Sam replied.

"It's a bunch of crap. Its a total urban legend." The boy stated.

"Yeah! Well, Heather's mom went to school here and she knew the girl." Jen defended her story and theory.

"Wait, what girl?" Millie was told that to get information you had to practically n play dumb and feed into whatever the people said.

"Like 30 years ago, thus girl was having an affair with a professor. He broke it off. She jumped out the window and killed herself." Jen said.

"You know her name?" Sam asked.

"No." Jen answered. "But they say she jumped from room 669. Get it? You turn the nine upside down."

The boy chuckled as Millie and Sam nodded their heads.

"So now she haunts the building." Jen continues. "And anyone who sees her, they don't live to tell the tale."

"Well, if no one lives to tell the tale, how does the tale get told?" The guy asked her.

"Curtis, shut up."

"You know what? Uh, thanks a lot, guys. Excuse us." Sam stood.

Millie followed his lead.

The two make their way across the bar to Dean and Saige, who had briefly paused their make out session for another round if shots called Purple Nurples.

Saige hated the name.

"Dean, what are you--? What are you drinking?" Sam asked.

"Can I have one?" Millie asked as Dean downed the last of three shots.

"I don't know, man. I think they're called Purple Nurples." Dean chuckled, smiling drunkly.

"Listen, I think maybe we should check out the professors office." Sam said as Millie ordered a shot.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. We can't right now. Me and Si were getting ready to go have sex." Dean gave a suggestive look, wiggling his eyebrows.

Saige rolled her eyes. "Hush, Dean." She shoves his arm, then kissed his cheek.

"And, hey, she's got a friend." Dean suggests, nodding to Millie, who was downing a shot of her own while Saige did the same.

Sam gave him a look. He was not going to sleep with Saige's best friend. Definitely not a one night stand.

Saige turned, wrapping an arm around Dean's shoulder as she stood on her tip toes behind him. She patted his chest, placing a kiss to his neck.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Dean said, stopping Sam's story. "Hold on a minute."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Sounds pretty accurate to me." Millie shrugged.

"It was not!" I said.

"Come on, dude. That's not how it happened." Dean stated.

"No? So you never drank a purple nurple?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, maybe that. But I don't blatantly tell you when Saige and I are having sex. And I never told you to bang Millie."

"Then what happened?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, do tell." Millie added.

"Well, Saige and I were getting drink, yes. And some classy chick came over and was hitting on me. She was a grad student. Anthropology and Folklore. And since Si and I do our job, we talked about local ghost stories." Dean said.

(Dean's Version)

"My God, you are attractive." The woman who had walked up to Saige and Dean moments ago told him.

Saige rolled her eyes, stomping on Dean's foot as she traced her finger over the edge of the birthmark that peeked out of her Jean shorts.

Dean smacked her ass in return. "Thanks, but no time for that." He told the woman. "You need to tell me about this urban legend. Please, lives are at stake."

"Yeah, we have plans so let's hurry this along." Saige added.

"I'm sorry. I just--I can't even concentrate." The woman sighed. "It's like staring...into the sun." She stepped closer.

Saige quickly wedge herself between them. "I don't think so. He's mine. Back off." She turned to Dean, pushing herself up and kissing him. Saige wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he placed his hands on her hips.

Sam, with his jacket thrown over his shoulder, walked up behind the two with Millie at his side.

The woman had slowly inched away at this point.

Saige curled her fingers into Dean's hair, feeling his tongue brush her bottom lip.

Sam--in a haughty and obnoxious voice--said, "Dean, Saige, what do you think you're doing?" He gave them both a pointed look.

Dean pulled back, sighing as Saige pressed her lips to his jaw. "Sam, please. If you wouldn't mind, just give me five minutes here."

"Dean, this is a very serious investigation." Sam said. "We don't have time for your blah-blah blah-blah. Blah-blah. Blah-blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah!"

Dean turned back to Saige, kissing her. He brought his hand up to cup her jaw.

"Blah!"

"Right, and that's how it really happened?" Sam cut Dean off, who shrugged in response. "I don't sound like that."

"That's how you sound to me." Dean stated.

"I was hardly in the story." Millie complained.

"The only thing I think was wrong were a few details about what I did but other than that..." I trailed off. I personally think there was small truths in each version. "And the 'classy chick'. She was a bit off."

"That is exactly what happened." Dean said.

"Just a little off, but sure."

"Okay, what's going on with you four?" Bobby asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Come on. Now, you're all bickering like an old married couple."

"No. See, married couples can get divorced." Dean stated, giving my hip a squeeze. I stood so he could as well. "Me and him? We're like, uh, Siamese twins."

"Isn't Siamese a cat?" Millie asked as Dean crossed the room.

"It's conjoined twins!" Sam snapped.

"See what I mean?" Dean said.

"And there's four of us." I spoke up. "We're all at odds right now."

"I'd say it's more like two old, bickering married couples bickering with another married couple who are also bickering at each other." Bobby said.

"Look, it..." Sam sighed. "We've just been on the road for too long. Tight quarters, that's all. Don't worry about it."

"Speaking of, all my quarters are going missing." Millie said.

"And that would be Dean."

"Okay." Bobby said, looking oddly between all of us.

"So anyway we figured it might be a haunting so we went to check out the scene of the crime." Sam said.

(Sam's Version)

"So how long have you been working here?" Sam asked.

"I've been mopping for six years." The janitor who was leading them through the building answers. He unlocked the door to the office of the dead professor. "There you go, guys."

He shoved the door open, letting everyone in.

Sam pulled out an EMF detector.

"What the heck is that for?" The janitor asked. He was a brown haired man, shorter than both Winchester but still not irregularly short. He wore a gray jumpsuit.

"Just finding wires in the walls." Sam lied easily.

"Ah, well, not sure why you're wiring up this office." The janitor leaned against the doorframe as Sam began scanning the room. "Not gonna do the professor much good."

"Why's that?" Dean asked.

"He's dead."

Millie choked on her water she was drinking.

Saige patted her back.

"Oh, what happened?" Dean walked across the room.

"He went out that window right there." The janitor pointed to the window behind the desk.

"Yeah?" Sam asked. "Were you working that night?"

"I'm the one who found him."

"Why do you think he would.... You know...?" Saige asked.

"You see it happen?" Sam asked at the same time as Dean plucked a candy from the bowl on the table.

"Nope. I just saw him come up here and...Well..." The janitor trailed off.

"What?" Sam pressed.

"He wasn't alone." The janitor stated.

Sam scoffed.

"Who was he with?" Dean asked through a mouth full of candy.

"What are you, a chipmuck?" Millie asked.

"Come on. I ate one, maybe two." Dean complained.

"Just let me tell it, okay?" Sam argued.

"Yeah, chipmuck, shut it." Millie said.

"He was with a young lady." The janitor said. "I told the cops about her, but, uh, I guess they never found her."

"You saw this girl go in, huh?" Sam asked as both Millie and Saige grabbed A piece of candy from the bowl Dean held. "But did you ever see her come out?"

"Now that you mention it, no."

"You ever see her before around campus?"

"Well, not her."

"Want do you mean?" Dean asked, voice muffled because of the candy he was eating.

"I don't mean to cast aspersions on a dead guy but, uh, Mr. Morality here? He brought a lot of girls up here. Got more ass than a toilet seat." The janitor stated.

Saige's nose scrunched in disgust.

Millie rolled her eyes.

Dean laughed loudly, popping another candy in his mouth.

"One more thing, this building, it only had four stories, right?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." The janitor nodded.

"So there wouldn't be a room 669?"

"Of course not. Why do you ask?"

"Ah, just curious. Thanks."

A/N: Hi! Just to let you all know the next chapter continues from right after this in Sam's version of the story. Just so you know. I'll also remind you in the top of the next chapter.

Hope you enjoyed!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.2K 49
"We're falling apart and I hate it!" I yelled, tears welling up in my eyes. "I want to hate you! I want to hate you for selling your soul to save me...
10.1K 418 47
It had been one year since Alexis had been in the hunting world. One year since Sam had pushed Lucifer back into the pit and stopped the apocalypse...
179K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
82.5K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...