Superstitions {Dean Wincheste...

By courtneybunny2

Sequel to Haunted "If I ask you to stay, will you?" I asked, voice quiet as I stared at him. His thumb brushe... More

Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 43

1K 26 158
By courtneybunny2

Born Under a Bad Sign

I walked next to Jo around the docks and pier, looking for Dean or a possessed Sam.

Jo held the flashlight as I called Dean, hoping to hear a ringtone.

"This is Dean, leave a message....And if it's Saige, leave a dirty one."

I rolled my eyes at his voicemail. I tired again as we came to the edge of a dock.

I heard the familiar rock song that was his ringtone. I followed the sound. I spotted a figure at the edge of the water. "No, no, no." I muttered, hanging up.

I knelt by the body. It was in fact Dean. His chest was moving, he wasn't breathing.

"Dean?" I asked, rolling him onto his back.

Jo knelt on his other side. "Dean?"

"Hey, wake up." I patted his cheek.

"Should we do mouth to mouth?" Jo asked.

"How many people do you that takes? Last I checked one." I said. "I vote me because I'm the one who normally--"

He coughed, water spilling from his lips.

"Oh, thank god." I helped him sit up, rubbing his back. His hair was wet and spiked up in every direction.

"Take it easy." Jo told him, patting his arm.

I pulled a hand back to find it covered in blood.

"Where's Sam?" Dean groans.

"I don't know. We've been looking for you." Jo explained.

"Dean, what happened?" I asked as he leaned into me.

"Come on. Get up." Jo instructed.

___

As I walked back into the tavern, I heard Dean grunting.

What the hell?

Oh.

Jo was just cleaning the gunshot wound in his shoulder.

Wow, Deans dirty mind was rubbing off on me.

"Don't be a baby." Jo told him.

"Oh, God." Dean groaned.

A blush rose to my face.

Yep, his dirty mind is definitely rubbing off on me.

I set a clean, dry outfit I'd found in the car on the table by the first aid kit. "I'll take it from here."

"You sure?" Jo held her hands still against Deans bicep.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Jo stood, letting me take her seat. She moved to the bar just a foot behind us. I gave Dean a smile as I slid closer. He took a swig from the liquor bottle.

I grabbed the tweezers. "You should really save some of those sounds for the bedroom, buddy." I whispered, hoping it would lift his spirits a little.

Dean winked at me.

I then got to digging the bullet from his arm.

He groaned a little, hand gripping my arm. "You've got much more gentle hands than someone else." He glared at Jo.

"Hey, I was trying to dig a bullet from your arm." She defended.

"So is she. You're a butcher." Dean says.

"You're welcome."

"Hush, both of you." I said. Dean grunted. "Sorry. I've almost got it. There. Got it." I dropped the bullet into the empty shot glass.

"Are we done?" Dean asked me, hand still on my arm as I placed gauze over the wound.

"Just a few more minutes."

"You can't help Sam if you're bleeding to death." Jo told him.

I placed tape over the gauze.

"How did you know he was possessed?" Jo asked.

Dean winces a little, making me mutter an apology. "Uh, I didn't. I just knew it couldn't have been him."

"Hey, Dean?" Jo asked.

"Yeah?"

"I know demons lie, but do they ever tell the truth too?"

"Yeah, sometimes, I guess." Dean answers.

"If it'll hurt you, yes." I added.

"She's right." Dean said.

"Say that again." I told him, placing another piece of gauze and tape on his arm. "It turns me on."

"You're wrong." Dean told me playfully.

"Great, now that turns me off."

"Why do you ask?" Dean looked back at Jo.

"Nothing." She shook her head. "It doesn't matter. So do you have any idea where he's headed to next?"

"Well, so far, he's been going after the nearest hunter, so the closest one I know is in South Dakota." Dean explained.

I finished patching him up, then I grabbed a damp rag and began to wipe the blood from his arm and shoulder. I knew there was probably some on his chest and it would be a great excuse to get him shirtless, but he would probably say we didn't have time, that he would just shower later.

"Let's go then." Jo says.

Dean stood once I patted his arm, letting him know he was good to go. He scoffed. "You're not coming."

"The hell I'm not. I'm a part of this now."

"I can't say it more plain than this: if you try to follow me, I'll tie you back to that post and leave you." Dean told her. "This is my fight. I'm not getting your blood on my hands. That's just how its gonna be."

"What about Saige?"

"If she doesn't listen, I'll tie her up too." He grabbed his coat. "Come on, Si."

"Nice seeing you again." I told Jo. "We should hang out sometime."

"Wait." Jo says, holding out an orange bottle of pills. "Take these. They'll help with the pain."

Dean took them. "Thanks. I'll call you later, okay?"

___

We reached Bobby's house only to find the older hunter had already tied Sam up under a devils trap. He knew immediately it wasn't Sam. We had called to warn him but the phone line had been cut.

Turns out, Millie was also here and somehow had no clue about the demonic possession. But I guess since the demon had gotten so good at impersonating Sam punk one noticed. I mean, it had been over a week and no one realized.

Dean slapped Sam upside the head. "Hey!"

Sam groaned, regaining consciousness. "Dean. Back from the dead. Getting to be a regular thing for you, isn't it? Like a cockroach."

"How about I smack that smartass right out of your mouth?" Dean quipped.

"Oh, careful now. Wouldn't want to bruise this fine packaging." The demon said.

"Oh, don't worry. This isn't going to hurt Sam much." Dean said. He picked up the bucket if holy water. "You, on the other hand...." He poured it over Sam.

The demon screamed in pain.

"Feel like talking now?" Dean asked.

Look, I know its not the time, but Dean was really hot when the threatening demons.

I had to say it.

"Sam's still my meat puppet." The demon stated. "I'll make him bite off his tongue."

"No. You won't be in him long enough." Dean said. "Bobby."

Bobby began speaking in Latin, an exorcism.

"See, whatever bitch-boy master plan you demons are cooking up, you're not getting Sam." Dean says as the demons groaned in pain. "Or Saige. You understand me? Because I'm gonna kill every single one of you first."

The demon laughed hysterically. "You really think that's what this is about? The master plan? I don't give a rat's ass about the master plan."

Bobby continued the exorcism.

"Oops." The demon says, bored. "Doesn't seem to be working. See, I learned a few new tricks." He began muttering in Latin.

The fireplace shot to life, flames licking the floor outside of it. The lights flickered. I felt Dean's hand on my arms and a cold one on my other.

I looked over.

Shadow Lady.

"This isn't going like I pictured. What's going on, Bobby?" Dean asked as wind blew through the room, scattering papers everywhere.

Bobby moved toward Sam, moving his sleeve. On his forearm was a red burn mark. A circle with a line emitting from one end. "It's a binding link." Bobby said. "It's like a lock. He's locked himself in Sam's body."

Holy crap.

"Dean, does that look like--?" I began.

"The mark on your thigh, yeah." He answered. "What the hell do we do?"

"I don't know!" Bobby yelled back.

That mark looked almost exactly like the birth mark I had. Sam's was burned onto his skin whereas mine was more of a permanent bruise, a discoloration of my skin. The only thing that was different was mine also had a star shape inside the circle and was on the inside of my right thigh.

A binding link? I'd had it since birth. There was nothing weird about it...or so I thought.

The demon shouts, making the ceiling crack and breaking the devils trap. Sam's eyes went black. "There. That's better."

The demon nodded his head, sending Bobby flying into a wall and knocking him unconscious.

The demon nodded again.

Dean and I flew backwards, hitting the door frame that led to the kitchen.

My vision swam, head throbbing. My shoulder and elbow screamed in pain.

The ropes around Sam's wrist broke and he stood. "You know when people wanna describe the worst possible thing?" The demon knelt by Dean. "They say its like hell." He punched Dean. "Well, there's a reason for that. Hell is like, uh..." Another punch. I couldn't pull myself to my feet. "Well, its like hell. Even for demons."

Another punch. "Its a prison made of bone and flesh and blood and fear." The demon said.

My ankle hurt something terrible.

I need to help Dean.

"And you sent me back there." The demon stated.

"Meg?" Dean asked, blood dropping from his nose, down his chin, and from his eyebrow.

"No. Not anymore. Now I'm Sam." Meg/Sam said.

I finally pulled myself to my feet as quietly as possible.

Another punch. "By the way." Meg/Sam says, pressing his/her thumb into the bullet wound in Dean's shoulder. "I saw your dad there. He says howdy."

I tackled Meg/Sam to the floor.

We rolled around for a moment. I tried to get the upper hand. My back hit the floor, knocking the air from my lungs.

Meg/Sam landed on top of me. "Oh, how could I forget you? Such a pretty face." A hand wrapped around my throat. Meg looked over at Dean. "You know, I think I'm going to make you watch as I slowly kill her."

I couldn't breaths, fingers were pressing into my throat, cutting off my air supply.

"All I had to hold onto was that I would climb out one day." Meg said. "And that I was gonna torture you. Nice and slow. Like pulling the wings off an insect. That's why I'm going to kill pretty little Saige while you watch, then I'm going to kill you. But whatever I do to you is nothing compared to what you do to yourself, is it? I can see it in your eyes, Dean. You're worthless."

I clawed at his hand, trying to stay conscious as black spots danced in my vision.

"You couldn't save your dad." Meg said. "And deep down... You know you can't save your brother or Saige. They would've been better off without you."

Meg pulled a hand back, going to hit me. I sucked in lung-fulls if air while I could.

Bobby caught his arm, placing the end of a fire poker to the binding link, searing the skin.

Black smoke curled toward the ceiling and out of the fireplace, then Sam slumped forward over me.

Millie walked in then, bags of fast food in hand. "Did I miss something?" She asked. "And, Saige, I think you have the wrong brother on top of you. Save something for the rest of us."

"Well, please get him off of me." I shoved Sam's shoulder but he was dead weight unconscious.

He woke suddenly. "Saige?" His hand went to his burned arm as he rolled off of me.

"Sammy?" Dean asked.

Sam looked between us all. "Did I miss anything?"

"Yes." Millie and I answered in unison.

Dean just leaned forward and punched him.

Sam held a hand to his face and looked around confusedly.

I moved toward Dean.

___

We all sat in Bobby's living room at the desk. Dean held an ice pack to his head, as I restitched his wound.

"By the way, you really look like crap, Dean." Sam says, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Yeah, right back at you." Dean replied.

"Do I look okay?" I asked.

"You look wonderful." Dean told me though I knew I had a busted lip and a hand print around my neck. He looked back at Sam. "I'll tell you one thing though. You hit her again and I'll beat the shit out of you."

"It wasn't him, Dean." I gave his hand a squeeze.

"Still."

Bobby walked in.

"What is it, Bobby?" Sam asked.

"You boys ever hear of a hunter named Steve Wandel?" Bobby asked.

"Why do you ask?" Dean shook his head.

"Just heard from a friend. Wandel's dead."

Millie walked in, setting a beer down for all of us.

"Murdered in his own house." Bobby continued. "You wouldn't know anything about that?"

"No, sir. Never heard of the guy." Dean shook his head again.

"No. I've never heard the name." I added quietly.

"Dean." Sam whispered.

"Good. Keep it that way." Bobby said. "Wandel's buddies are looking for someone or something to string up. They're not gonna slow down to listen to reason. You understand what one saying?"

"We better hit the road." Dean stood. "If you can remember where we parked the car." He looked at Sam.

"Here. Take these." Bobby placed a string with a charm on the end in each one of our hands. Even Millie's.

"What are they?" Sam asked.

"Charms. They'll fend off possession. That demons still out there. This'll stop it from getting back up in you."

"That sounds vaguely dirty, but thanks." Dean says.

"I was thinking the same thing." Millie laughed a little.

"You're welcome." Bobby says. "You four be careful now."

"You too." Sam told him.

"Thanks Bobby." I hugged the older man before turning back to everyone else.

___

"You okay?" Dean asked, one hand on the steering wheel. "Sam. Is that you in there?" He smiled a little.

"I was awake for some of it, Dean." Sam says. "I watched myself kill Wandel with my own two hands. I saw the light go out of his eyes."

"That must've been awful." Dean says.

"I'm sorry, Sam." I added as Millie gave his shoulder a squeeze.

"That's not my point. I almost carved up Jo too. Saige two of three times. But no matter what I did you wouldn't shoot." Sam stated.

"We knew it wasn't you." I said. "Plus it was only once before we knew for sure you were possessed you tried to kill me."

"Good point." Millie nudged my arm.

"It was the right move, Sam. It wasn't you." Dean stated.

"Yeah, this time. What about next time?" Sam asked.

"Sam, when dad told me I might have to kill you and Saige it was only if I couldn't save you both." Dean explained.

Millie looked shocked. "You're dating a man who has to kill you?"

"He'll save me first. Then he won't have to." I told her. Though I wondered if it were too late.

"Now if its the last thing I do, I am going to save you both." Dean continues. He chuckled then.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Nothing."

"Nope, it's something." I stated. "That's his 'I'm gonna say something dirty' laugh."

"Dean, what?" Sam asked, sounding tired of dealing with this.

"Dude, you, like, full on had a girl inside you for, like, a whole week." Dean laughed. We all joined in. "That's pretty naughty."

A/N: Hi! So I'm thinking about making Millie more if a main character. This was just testing the waters. So let me know what you think. She'll be here for a little while longer. I'm thinking the next three chapters at least for us to decide. So let me know if you like or dislike the idea.

Thanks!!

Love you all!!

❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 4.7K 41
I felt sick to my stomach, nerves overcoming me at the thought of seeing him again after all these years. I know he's going to be angry, furious in f...
179K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
6.5K 131 45
It's a new year with plenty of new cases for you and the Winchesters. The only problem is, now that you know who brought you to the United States, Sa...
8.7K 220 4
~"Don't! You didn't even leave a note..." He chewed on the insides of his cheeks, the glare you were directing his way was more than a little intimid...