wish // 5SOS

נכתב על ידי 5sosxruel

BOOK SIX IN GABI-VERSE calum focussed Charlie was no stranger to...being a stranger. That's kind of what ha... עוד

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

37

245 20 3
נכתב על ידי 5sosxruel

Charlie

"Don't think I didn't notice you slipping off,"

"Ally, I don't wanna hear it,"

"I am gonna be nice to you today. I know today is gonna be hard,"

"I feel like I am failing my babies. I can't even do a canon for them,"

"You aren't failing them. You are keeping them in the best family ever. Let's face it, me, you, and Axel all wish we had grown up in the homes we have right now,"

"I wish so badly I could be the best mum ever,"

"Me and you are gonna do so much fun stuff when they're born. We can go and get mocktails,"

"We can do that now,"

"Or we could save it and do it as something special,"

I laughed a little and she hugged me, stroking my arm. I did love Ally. Once I got to know her, I realised she wasn't a mean girl at all. She was kind of a loser, in a good way, because I was too.

"I think you are really brave. I am sorry about that first time we met, and I hope that hasn't made any of this anxiety. My mum gave me up, but not to a good family. If it was to a good family I would be grateful. I am still grateful a little bit, because I got Axel,"

"Thank you, Ally,"

"Isn't your twin a boy? You made a mini set of you,"

"Yeah,"

"All three of you are gonna have the best time. I am so happy you joined our family,"

"I am trying so hard to be happy because I am super, super happy for Gabi and Maddox. I am so happy my babies get them, and I am so happy they finally get to have kids... but theres just something. Embarrassment maybe, shame, I dunno,"

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about,"

"You promise?"

"I promise. Here, I made you this card before I came, and this bracelet,"

She pulled a wrinkled card out of her back pocket, a hand painted picture of me and her hugging. Ally was unbelievably talented at many things.

"We have matching best friend bracelets,"

"Thank you,"

"I think you are my sister though,"

"Yeah. Me too," I smiled, "This made me feel better,"

"Oh good. No one usually says that,"

We both turned as we heard the backdoor open, and Maddox appeared, tilting her head. I chewed on my nails as she walked over, and let her hug me. She didn't say anything for a while, just hugged me, then cupped both my cheeks.

"Sorry if this was too much,"

"It's okay. I know this is a big thing for you,"

"We are exchanging gifts, there's some for you. I know this is so incredibly difficult for you, but thank you so much for trusting us,"

"Why do I have gifts?"

"You're the main part of all this!"

"Maddox, I made me and Charlie matching bracelets,"

"Oh cool. You're good at making them!"

She giggled and grabbed my hand, making me follow Maddox back outside. It looked like they had already opened some of their gifts, like a new pram, and another crib. Quite honestly, I just wanted to go home. I hoped the look I gave Calum showed that.

They made me sit on a chair in the centre and Gabi passed me a big gift bag. Nervously, I pulled the tape away and opened it, putting it between my legs on the floor. First, there was a pyjama set, and some slippers. There was also something meant to support my bump, which I was grateful for because this shit was getting heavy. There were some things for after the baby too, and a card with some money and a nice message. It was all very lovely, and I was extremely grateful, but I did just want to go home.
I felt like only Ally and Axel really got the signals.

"We got you something too," Luke said, passing me a bag.

It had various makeup things inside, and some giftcards, and more things for when I gave birth. I thanked them, of course, then Axel cranked up the music and pulled Maddox into the middle to start dancing, which made everyone else dance and I was able to slip off with Ally. Calum followed.

"Calum, you need to tale Charlie for ice cream and go home now,"

"Yeah, we are doing that. It was nice to see you sweetheart,"

As he hugged her, she flinched, rubbing her shoulder.

"Your shoulder hurts again?"

"Oh, yeah," she said, turning bright red

"Did he do that?"

"Yes," she said quietly, "But we broke up, and it is fine because me and you are best friends now and  sisters,"

"Do you wanna get ice cream too?"

"I will ask dad,"

"He won't mind," Calum said, "Come on, out to the car,"

We both got in the back and he drove us to an ice cream place, which I was excited about. Mainly, I was just happy to be out of all of that.

"I hope you are okay, Ally,"

"I am fine. I miss him a bit,"

"You will find someone a whole lot better," Calum said, "Nobody should be hurting you. We are all super proud of you,"

"Sorry I didn't text you much lately... I made dad take my phone away because he was sending me horrible messages,"

"He is an awful person,"

"I feel awful ! I stopped being with dad, and my brother, and everyone else for him even though he hurt me,"

"You thought he loved you," I said, holding her hand, "More than anyone else. The real people who love you will be understanding,"

"They were,"

"Good. We can go for mocktails twice,"

"You could go for them now?"

"No, dad. It doesn't work like that,"

"Yeah Calum, it doesn't," Ally giggled, "How many scoops of ice cream do we get?"

"Charlie can only have one but I suppose you can have as many as your heart pleases,"

"Two,"

"Alright. We will come back after the babies are born and you can both get at least three,"

When we went inside, Calum put his arm round my shoulder and kissed my head, getting weird again. I hugged him back, but I thought Ally needed one more than me. Once we chose our ice cream, he sent us to sit down, so we chose a table and waited for him to bring it over. I chose chocolate ice cream.

"Calum, can Ally come for a sleepover?"

"Do you fancy that, Ally?"

"Yeah,"

"Then I am sure we can figure it out. Ax too?"

"No boys allowed," I said.

"Fair enough,"

"Thank you for my ice cream. It is super lovely, and thank you for getting us out of there. I hope there is not a party for the babies when they arrive,"

"There definitely will be," Ally said, "Probably one in the delivery room,"

"I just want it to be me and Calum until I am ready for visitors,"

"It will be," he said, "Until the babies are all checked, and you are all freshened up, we will keep them all out,"

"I have started learning to knit so I will make them little cardigans," Ally said.

"You have a new hobby every week,"

"But I don't ditch the old ones so dad says its fine,"

"I think it's cool,"

Once we finished our ice cream, Calum took us back home. I was relieved to get into my pyjamas, and Ally was also pretty happy to be away from it all. She understood me. We had the same social battery, but hanging out with her also didn't take up any of mine which was nice.

Calum brought us both some water, then left us, so we watched a movie but we both fell asleep. It wasn't until there was a knock on the door that we woke up again.

"Dad?"

"Just dropping you off some pyjamas, pumpkin,"

Ally climbed off the bed and hugged him, then took the bag and hugged him again, squeezing him tightly.

"Would you like me to pick you up and go out for lunch tomorrow?"

"Can Charlie come?"

"If you want, but I was thinking more of a dad and daughter date,"

"Okay. Sorry Charlie,"

"I think I need a day in anyway,"

"I brought all your gifts back, Calum has them all,"

"Thank you,"

"You should come round this week," he said, ruffling Ally's hair, "But I will leave you to it tonight,"

"Thank you, dad. I love you,"

"I love you too, pumpkin,"

He shut the door and she changed into her pyjamas, then got back in bed with her teddy and smiled.

"You really love your dad,"

"He is the greatest gift I ever got given. You'll love yours pretty quickly too,"

"Well he isn't my dad,"

"Oh. You called him dad,"

"No I didn't?"

"Yeah you did, at the ice cream place,"

"You're having me on,"

"I am not! Apparently you said it infront of him and Axel too,"

"What?"

"I wished it has slipped out for me. I had a whole crisis about it,"

"He isn't my dad. It's just cos you talk about your dad,"

"It's okay if he does feel like your dad. I felt it pretty quickly, but it was hard to come to terms with that sometimes,"

"I have never had a dad,"

"It's the best. I think you will enjoy it,"

"Is this family really as good as everything says? Do you all really love each other that much?"

"Yeah," she said, a small smile coming onto her face, "At least I do. When you need them they drop everything,"

"But why?"

"Well, it started off just my uncles and dad. They grew up together, it's hard to not drop everything for each other,"

"I guess it must be cool to see each other have families and get married,"

"Exactly. I feel like that about Axel,"

"I wish my twin wasn't an asshole," I grumbled.

"More dad for yourself,"

"He is my grownup,"

"You're not gonna say dad?"

"I dunno. I didn't want to at the start,"

"You can change your mind on things. Dad always tells me that,"

"I can't believe I have said it by accident,"

"Don't get mad at yourself. Trust me, I know this is confusing and it has been a long day. Just think about it tomorrow,"

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

4.6K 16 43
-you saved my life, it's the least I can do. what is your name?- -I don't have a name...- 2018
107K 3.1K 60
With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always done things together, for Luke was her...
157K 4.6K 64
*Not a love story with 5SOS* Madison Lucia has had a pretty bad life she has been abused all her life by her father due to her dead mother. When she...
53.9K 2K 47
Life could change in a split second. All you had to do was be in the right place, at the right time. Sometimes this was a disaster, but others, it tu...