Her Light

Bởi Malonec19

It starts with a girl who has thought about becoming a police officer ever since her older brother became one... Xem Thêm

cast
aesthetic
prologue
season one
1.
2
3.
not part of story
4.
idk
5.
6.
7.
info
8.
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐
need opions

9.

270 7 0
Bởi Malonec19

Impact
A few weeks after

2 weeks have gone by since the death of the captain. During that time the Rookies have taken their 6 month exam and were impatiently waiting for their test scores. Jess spent hours with Lucy studying almost every night after shift. Jess had one thing she'd never admit, test anxiety. When it came to college, and taking any exams she had this rush of anxiety.

Jess walked into the briefing room with john on the side of her. Sergeant Grey stood in front of everyone as he began to write four numbers on the board.

81, 90,91,97

Once he is finished he turns his attention to the four rookies sitting in front of him "All right. Shake off the rust and grab a seat. Anyone want to guess what these numbers represent? Nolan." Grey looks over at Nolan.

He studies the numbers for a moment "Those are the scores to our six-month exams." He says. Grey nods his head "That is correct".

Lucy smiles as she realizes everyone passed "Oh we all passed!" Grey nodded "Technically, yes, but that 81 is ugly, given that an 80 is basically an F." Grey explains.

Jess raised an eyebrow as she wondered who go the low mark. The feeling of getting a bad exam score made her anxious.

"I could tell you, but self-reflection is necessary for your success as a patrol officer. So I want your guesses, as to which score is yours by end of shift. Understood?" The rookies nodded their head in unison.

"But you three did pass, so there's good news - you can now wear short sleeves. Congratulations." He looks over at Nolan who had his hands up "Nolan?".

"Sir, who will I be riding with?" He asks noticing that Talia is no longer a patrol officer anymore.

Grey smirks "I was thinking me as I'm no longer going to be Bradfords TO I'm assigning her on paper work"

Jess looks surprised at this she is lost in her thought about if she's gonna get a new TO
**
(Lucyspov )

Lucy smiled as she smoothed out her uniform. She was so excited to wear short sleeves, and no longer needing the long sleeves and the tie. She walked out of the locker room and saw Tim talking to Angela.

He turned to looked at her and a scowl was on his face. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Lucy looked at him in confusion as her eyebrows knitted together. "What?" She questions.

"My rookies wear long sleeves and ties until the last day of probation." He tells her. Lucy resisted the urge to roll her eyes "Yeah, but Sergeant Grey said-" he cut her off.

"I don't care, I have complete discretion of the training of my boot, and that includes uniform. Okay? So go change back into your long sleeves. And don't forget the tie" he tells her watching as her smile fade.

She didn't know what to say so she just turned around and walked away "Now, Boot!"

Lucy didn't say much to Tim. She kept quiet and stared out the window. She couldn't believe he was still treating her like this. She thought she would've at least gained respect for her.

Tim pulled the shop over at the park. She followed him out of the car and wondered why they were there.

"Stop pouting" he tells her. She rolls her eyes "I'm not pouting, what are we doing here?" She asks.

"You thought it was gonna get easier after you passed the exam, but you were wrong." He tells her.

"Awesome" she mumbled underneath her breath. He turns to look at her "What was that?" He asks her although he heard her pretty clear.

"I hope you paid attention in the academy. I had a buddy from the bomb squad mock up an IED and hide it somewhere here in this park." He tells her as he scans the area.

"You got 10 minutes to find it, or I'm adding the duty hat to your standard uniform. Go." He looks down at his watch, before motioning her to go.

Lucy stumbles upon her words as she couldn't believe another Tim test was here. She scans the area of the park as she feels herself become anxious.

She smirks when she sees a red backpack on the table but quickly stops when she notices a civilian approaching his back pack.

Lucy silently curses to her self as she continues to look around. After some minutes scanning the park she notices a trash barrel quite a distance away from people. She smirks and runs over to the barrel. She looks down and sees the IED device. She looks over at Tim "I found it" she yells.

He looks over at her and puts his finger to his ear signaling he couldn't hear her. Lucy rolls her eyes and reaches down to grab her radio.

"I found it. I found-" she was cut off by the device exploding painting lucy with powder from her upper torso.

Lucy's mouth was open as she was in clear shock as she felt the powder hit her face covering her completely.

"And you're dead. Because radio frequency energy can trigger a bomb. You gonna forget that lesson, Boot?" Tim asks as he walks over to her.

Lucy shakes her head she was angry that Tim embarrassed her like that.

"No" she says.

"Good now go get cleaned up" he tells her.

**

Lucy spent a good half an hour between taking a quick shower, and throwing a new uniform on. She didn't say two words to Tim she was angry at him.

Tim pulls up to a modern style home as they are following up on a missing persons call.

"Missed a spot" Tim tells her as they both get out. She reaches up to her neck and cleans the powder off before knocking on the door.

Ritchie Brown looks anxious as he opens the door to the two officers.

"Thank God. My wife's missing. She never came home from work last night. She always comes home. I texted and called her friends, and nobody's-" he starts to panic. Lucy sighs as she tries to get him to calm down.

"Okay, sir, can you please slow down? It's important I get the report right for the detectives. What's your wife's name?" She asks pulling out a notepad.

"Susanna Brown. She's a clerk at the courthouse downtown. We're trying to have a baby, and she was supposed to come straight home to - you - you know." He says his cheeks turning slightly pink in embarrassment.

Lucy nods as she writes the information down "Do you have a picture of her?" Tim asks.

He nods and pulls out his phone "Hardcopies are preferable" Tim says.

"Of course" Ritchie says before stepping back into the house.

"Poor guy" lucy says noticing how stressed the man seemed. Tim looks over at her "Cop eyes" he reminds her.

She rolls her eyes "You think the husband did it?" Lucy questions.

"You always assume the husband did something" he says, she didn't get that vibe from the husband.

"Officer Bradfords first rule of domestics?" She jokes. He turns to her and becomes serious "This isn't a joke, Boot. You don't have the experience to evaluate people yet, so your default should be suspicion, not compassion. Understood?" He tells her.

"Understood sir" Lucy says with an annoyed look on her face

**

It was almost end of shift for the rookies. They had one final call to a crime scene. Tim walks over to Angela and Grey.

Lucy sighs and looks over at her friends "How's it going?" Jess asks. Lucy rolls her eyes "Tim spent the entire day making me feel like I don't know anything" she says clearly annoyed.

Nolan nods "Well I puked in front of Grey" he says  while Jess rubs his shoulders.

**

Once they got back to the station, lucy immediately changed into regular clothes. She walks over to Tim who was getting ready to go Home.

"Why are you treating me like it's day one all over again?" She asks. Tim looks over at her "Because it is. Today was day one of stage two of your training." He says.

Luct rolls her eyes "So, what? Does that mean I've lost all the respect that I've earned?" She tells him.

"Because you lied on the report" he tells her recalling from the day she showed up at his house from Austin.

"So what? I was trying to protect you. " she tells him she could feel the anger radiating off of her body.

"Not your call! You should have detailed everything, regardless of the consequences." He tells her just as angry as she.

"Oh, yeah? Like I should have filed a report detailing everything you've done to protect Isabel? You know what? You wanna rake me over the coals for the next six months, you go ahead. But don't pretend like it's because you've got some code." She tells him before storming off.

**

Once jess got to the station she immediately sat down anticipation ran through her as she thought about the test scores.

Grey gets everyone's attention as everyone becomes silent "All right, take your seats. As expected, the stolen uniforms caused a bit of paranoia out there. That being said, it is vital that we remain vigilant. Understood? Now, to your exam scores. You all submitted your guesses last night, and none of you guessed right." Grey starts off.

He looks over at the Rookies "The rookie that got the highest score, which doesn't surprise me. Ms. Bradford, Jessica bradford" he starts off with a proud smile on his face. Jess looks up at Grey with a huge smile on her face as she hears the news.

She turns her head to look at Tim as she shoots him a smirk. She had proved Tim wrong.

"Officer Chen, you received at 91, Nolan you received a 90. And Jackson you got an 81" he says.

"Alright everyone dismissed" Grey orders. Jess looks over at Jackson who is still taking a minute to process everything.

"I'm sorry Jackson, at least you passed that's all that matters" jess puts a hand on his shoulder in attempts to comfort him. She knew how much he wanted to break his fathers records. He looks up at her with a nod. He didn't want to say anything.

Jess looked over at him one more time before joining Tim and Lucy.

**

End of shift approached fairly quick especially considering Jess didn't talk much to Tim and Lucy unless it regarded patrol. She was deep into thought about how she got the highest score, and wht the tension was so high in the car.

She sighed in relief as she closed her locker shut. She was so greatfull to be done with work. She just wanted to order pizza and have a glass of wine and spend time with nolan.

Once she got home she saw that John's car was outside hers meaning that he's already in her house

Once she get out of her car and walks to her door and opens it she sees that John is sitting on the couch.

She places all of her things down and goes to sit next to john

"I think we need to talk Jess" John says while a nervous look on his face

"Of course what is it" Jess says

"Before officer bishop left she approached me saying she knows about us and saying how we should break it off cause if not it might ruin our chances at being officers and I've been thinking about what she's said and I think it's the best idea if we don't see each other anymore, we can be friends just friends and we can try not make it awkward while we're at the station" John says while a small tier falls down his eye but he quickly wipes it

Hope u have all liked this chapter sorry if it's been ages I've been busy

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.2K 112 4
𝐑𝐡𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐦 "𝓂ℴ𝓋ℯ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝓀ℯ𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓇ℯ𝑔𝓊𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝒹 𝓈𝓊𝒸𝒸ℯ𝓈𝓈𝒾ℴ𝓃 ℴ𝒻 𝓈𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌ℯ𝒶𝓀 ℯ𝓁ℯ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓈,ℴ𝓇 ℴ𝒻 ℴ𝓅𝓅ℴ𝓈...
8.8K 248 8
"Are you sure you don't want to go?" Tim asked. "Yes, I want to stay!" "I want to be where you are, you are my safe place!" Kira said. Tim Bradford x...
42.9K 693 35
They covered up their feelings for so long, until the one night that changed everything. A few years later they are brought back together for work. T...
464K 10.5K 30
Summer and Bryce seem to have nothing in common, and the fact that they have to work together in class for a full year just repulses them. An attempt...