Heart In The Stars

By TheSmileMaker

In books and dreams, his purpose lay clear. Yet her arrival brought a new atmosphere. Passion and charm, she... More

🌸 D & D 🌸(Don't Skip)
CHAPTER 1 ✨
CHAPTER 2 ✨
CHAPTER 3 ✨
CHAPTER 4 ✨
CHAPTER 5 ✨
CHAPTER 6 ✨
CHAPTER 7 ✨
CHAPTER 8 ✨
CHAPTER 9 ✨
CHAPTER 10✨
CHAPTER 11✨
CHAPTER 12✨
CHAPTER 13✨
CHAPTER 14✨
CHAPTER 15✨
CHAPTER 16✨
CHAPTER 17✨

CHAPTER 18✨

890 82 24
By TheSmileMaker

"Hey, have you guys heard about the newly renovated Rama temple nearby?" Chaya asked, trying to brighten the mood.

"Yes, I heard it's really beautiful," Meera replied sweetly, her eyes lighting up.

"Let's go for a walk to the temple," Chaya suggested, her gaze shifting between us.

"Sounds like just what I need," I agreed, offering a small nod and a grateful smile.

"Count me in too," Meera chimed in, her expression softening with anticipation.

I walked alongside them, it felt like the world was holding its breath, the air still and serene. We entered a path where the grass was like a plush carpet, inviting us to sink our feet into its softness. Smooth stones peeked through, and a sprinkling of crisp leaves added a crunch underfoot.

At the roadside stall, we paused to buy.
Flowers vibrant, their fragrance high.
Whispers of prayers, their petals splay.
We chose them for the temple's display.

With the offerings in hand, we resumed our journey, the temple's spire visible through the gaps in the trees, urging us onward. Eventually, we arrived at the towering temple gates, a sense of calm washed over us, briefly preparing us for the sacred space that awaited inside.

Standing tall and proud, the Gopuram, a majestic tower waited for us near the entrance like a vigilant guardian, its intricate design and vivid color captured the eye of every devotee. Its presence declared the sanctity of the temple, welcoming all who approached with an unmistakable aura of divine presence.

As we passed under the Gopuram, we entered the Mandapa, a spacious pillared hall, bustling with devotees engaged in prayers. The air was filled with the sweet scent of incense, mingling with the sounds of bells and the soft chanting of hymns.

Stepping onto the Pradakshina Patha, we joined the flow of devotees walking in a clockwise direction. The path, wide and open, was adorned with lush greenery. The people around us walked with bowed heads, their hands clasped in prayer. Some paused at the small shrines along the path, offering flowers and lighting incense sticks, while others sat in a quiet meditation.

At the heart of the temple, the Garbhagriha drew our gaze like a jewel gleaming in a crown. Within, the divine idol of Lord Rama rested in resplendent attire and exquisite jewels. In the gentle flicker of the oil lamps, it almost appeared as if the idol itself was imbued with life, the eyes glowing with compassion and wisdom.

With hearts brimming with reverence, we approached the divine idol of Lord Rama and tenderly offered the fragrant flowers at his feet, each petal a symbol of our devotion. As we bowed our heads in prayer, the priest offered us Prasada, a blessed offering infused with divine grace.

Having received the blessed Prasada, we sat in silent reflection, our hearts overflowing with gratitude and tranquility. After some time, we rose, our spirits uplifted with renewed faith and strength, we made our way out of the temple. It was then that I spotted Ritu standing at the roadside stall, her presence a big surprise.

Approaching her, a sense of unease crept over me. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?" Ritu replied, her body turned slightly away.

"I saw you here and came," I said, shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

"Are you trying to turn my friends against me now? They're so dumb," she exclaimed, her disappointment evident in her eyes.

Upon hearing Ritu's words, Meera and Chaya's expressions changed. Meera's eyes filled with sadness, her brows furrowing slightly as she looked away. Chaya, too, seemed affected, her shoulders slumping as she cast a glance in my direction. Feeling the shift in the atmosphere, they both silently moved away from the scene, seeking solace in each other's company.

"I would never do that, Ritu," I murmured.

Before Ritu could respond, there was a sudden, unexpected weight on my back, followed by the feeling of small arms wrapping around me. I turned slightly, surprised, to see Mukul, his face beaming with a joy that seemed to radiate warmth.

"Hey there, little buddy," I greeted, ruffling Mukul's hair with a broad smile.

"That's my mom," he exclaimed, pointing to the vendor at the roadside stall.

"Your mom runs this stall? That's amazing!"

Suddenly, Mukul's mom noticed the interaction and came over, wiping her hands on her apron. "Is everything okay?"

Mukul beamed up at her. "Mom, this is Jaikar, my friend who saved us before!"

"Thank you, Jaikar," she said, her voice filled with genuine emotion. "You've been so kind to Mukul and me. We are truly grateful for your help. Selling these flowers, we are doing much better now."

"You're welcome," I replied, touched by her words. "I'm glad I could help a little."

Noticing the bruises on my face, Mukul's eyes widened in concern. "I've been worried about you since the attack."

Ritu interjected sharply. "You should see the damage he inflicted on my cousin."

"But Jaikar didn't do anything," Mukul exclaimed, his voice filled with disbelief. "He's the one who got beaten up!"

"Then explain what happened to my cousin," Ritu openly challenged him.

Mukul took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "It was actually my dog that accidentally hurt your cousin, not Jaikar."

With a quick, determined gesture to halt, Mukul dashed into the stall. His footsteps were swift and purposeful. Moments later, he reappeared, his small hand tightly gripping a hockey stick. "My dog fetched this hockey stick. Your cousin wielded it!"

Ritu's eyes widened in shock as she beheld the hockey stick. "That's the exact limited-edition the masked man used!"

She knelt down to Mukul's eye level, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me."

Ritu looked at me, her gaze now more melancholy than accusatory. "Please forgive me, Jaikar. I shouldn't have judged you without knowing the whole story."

"I appreciate your apology. But your words have left a mark that won't easily fade."

Ritu's eyes filled with remorse as she listened to my words. "I understand. I'll do whatever it takes to earn back your trust."

"Thank you, Ritu. I believe you. It would be good if you apologized to your friends."

Ritu nodded solemnly. "You're right, Jaikar! I need to make things right with them too."

After bidding farewell to Mukul and his mother, we walked back together. Ritu approached Meera and Chaya, who stood a little apart. "I let my emotions get the better of me. Can you girls forgive me, please?"

Meera and Chaya exchanged a glance, their expressions softening as they looked at Ritu. Chaya's lips curved into a smile that could rival a sunrise. Meera spoke up, "Hey, it's okay! People say the darndest things when they're angry. We forgive you, Ritu."

Chaya chimed in with a grin. "Yeah, we've all been there. Don't make it a habit, okay?"

Ritu chuckled, grateful for her friends' understanding. "Okay, if I slip up again, feel free to give me a gentle reminder to zip it."

Meera declared, "We've got your back!"

"Thanks, Meera. I'm lucky to have you guys," she said sincerely. Turning to me, she took my hand. "You guys may continue without me. We're going to the temple."

"Yes, please go. The temple renovations are quite impressive," Chaya mentioned, her eyes lighting up. "They've added a beautiful garden with intricate bronze sculptures."

Meera nodded in agreement. "Yes, the renovations are really something to see. The temple has a new meditation hall too."

After a brief conversation, Meera and Chaya bid us farewell. Ritu and I then proceeded towards the temple, guided by the melodious strains of bhajans wafting through the air. We walked in complete silence, lost in our own trail of thoughts, until we reached the temple gates.

"I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Rahul attacked you. We practically grew up as siblings in the same house," Ritu said, her brow furrowed with concern.

"I know, it's hard to believe. But people change, and sometimes for the worse."

Ritu nodded in agreement. "I just hope he realizes what he's done and seeks help."

"Is there any way we can help him?"

"We could try talking to him directly. Tomorrow, I'll take you to his hospital."

I nodded thoughtfully. "It's worth a shot!"

Ritu's eyes welled up with tears as she struggled to find the right words. "Jaiku, I'm... I'm so sorry for what he did to you."

I reached out and squeezed her hand, offering her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Ritu. You didn't know. Besides, it's healing."

As I felt Ritu's hand tremble in mine, a warmth spread through me, igniting a spark of affection. "Don't worry, Darling. Your concern means everything to me."

Her tearful eyes met mine. "Jaiku," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath, "I just hate seeing you hurt."

"I know, Ritu. Let's explore the temple, shall we?" I asked, hoping to lighten the mood.

Ritu nodded, a smile playing on her lips. We walked through the temple, marveling at its beauty, I felt a sense of peace settle over me. At one point, as we stood in front of the beautiful idol of Lord Rama, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pendant. "I've been carrying this with me."

As we stood before the idol of Lord Rama, bathed in the soft glow, I reached out and gently fastened the pendant around Ritu's neck. Her eyes filled with tears, reflecting the warmth of the temple. I stepped back, admiring how the pendant sparkled on her skin. She placed a hand over the beautiful pendant, her eyes closed in a silent prayer.

The temple seemed to hold its breath, as if acknowledging the significance of this moment between us. As Ritu opened her eyes, they met mine, blooming with gratitude and love. No words were needed in that sacred space. In that moment, I knew that our bond was not just a fleeting connection but a deep and enduring love that would withstand the test of time.

Ritu and I joined the line to receive the blessed Prasada. The line moved slowly, allowing us time to soak in the atmosphere of devotion. When it was our turn, the priest handed us each a small leaf bowl filled with the sweet and savory treats. We accepted it, feeling a sense of gratitude.

Finding a quiet spot in the mediation hallway, we sat down together to enjoy the Prasada. Ritu picked up a piece of the sweet offering and offered it to me with a smile. I accepted it happily, savoring the rich flavors that seemed to melt in my mouth.

We continued to share the Prasada, enjoying each other's company. After we had finished eating, we stood up and made our way towards the temple exit, hand in hand. The evening sun casted a warm glow over the temple, bathing in a golden light.

I hope you learned some interesting things about Hindu temples. Tell me your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 638 35
Him: I've become crazy in your love. She: I never asked you to love me. (She says with an emotionless face) Him: (Seeing her reaction, his heart ache...
86.7K 7.3K 45
BOOK NAME IS CHANGED FROM HIS TO LOVE TO " HER UNCONDITIONAL LOVE" He was my bestfriend which he thinks coz what I think he'll never get to know...
123 31 10
In the vibrant streets of Rajasthan, where love, longing and betrayal intertwine like the threads of fate, two souls find themselves entangled in a w...
27.3K 2.1K 50
This is a work of art... Hah, well nope. These are just scenarios that I think about in certain situations. I just thought that while waiting for you...