Captivated, Cursed: Alpha Lin...

By MyrandaRae

When the Moon Goddess casts a spell on Alpha King Lincoln and his entire pack, turning him into an icy ruler... More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47

Episode 19

9.5K 313 10
By MyrandaRae

I've been successful in avoiding Lincoln all week. After our awkward encounter on the stairs, I hid in my room for the rest of the night and dodged him for the rest of the week. Maggie and Cam coming home made it easier, they take up both my time and his.

I've enlisted Maggie's help in the kitchen today. I'm making a two-tiered strawberry cake for after dinner tonight. I'm shamelessly using her as a buffer for any potential time that Lincoln and I will have to share the kitchen.

She asked me yesterday if everything was alright, I know that she's not stupid, she can see my reluctance to leave my hallway.

Truthfully, I'm still embarrassed.

I can't hide forever, though, it's time to face the music.

When we walk into the kitchen my breath catches in my throat. It really isn't fair that he's so attractive. He looks up from the food he's preparing and our eyes meet. He looks tired, his hair is messily pulled back and his eyes are heavy.

"I'm so excited for tonight," Maggie bounces on her toes, "not that the food isn't always great but Nab always requests the best dishes. I get so flustered when I have to set the menu. Last year I asked for soup because my mind went blank."

Lincoln chuckles a deep, knee-weakening sound "I wondered about that. You know, you could always just ask me to set the menu for your birthday.'

I feel like a deer caught in the headlights, I'm not sure I've taken a breath since we walked in. I physically shake my head to clear my mind.

"What can I do to help?" Maggie asks.

"You can cut up strawberries while I gather the rest of the ingredients."

"Sounds easy, perfect!"

I make my way to the pantry, breathing a relieved sigh to be away from his stare for a moment. I grab several jars and containers and turn, bumping into a broad wall of muscle.

"Sorry, I need to grab a few things," he says hoarsely.

"S-Sorry," I try to push past him, out of the way but he holds my arm at the elbow. When his fingers hook under my chin, forcing my face upward I shudder. He doesn't speak, just stares into my eyes. It's like he's searching, looking into me.

"Excuse me," I whisper and pull myself away from him.

As the cake bakes, I start to pipe buttercream flowers onto a plastic sheet to use for decoration later.

"Why are there so many steaks?" Maggie gestures to the meat sitting on a platter.

"What do you mean? There are eight, one for each guest."

"Who else is coming, there should only be seven of us?" She asks him, counting against her fingers.

I have no idea of the guest list, so I wait for his response.

"Vic's coming."

She gasps, "Lincoln! Why?"

"They're friends, it's her guest list Mags."

She quickly stands from the stool she's been watching from and starts moving toward the door.

"I have to go... do a few things, I'll see you at dinner," she's flushed and nervous as she all but runs out the door.

The kitchen suddenly feels very small with only the two of us here, alone.

"Should we turn on some music?" I ask quickly, hoping to avoid the tense silence.

He nods his head curtly before turning to mess with a speaker on the counter. Song after song fills the kitchen as we work side by side. I try not to look up at him and I can feel him doing the same.

After I finish decorating the cake I quickly excuse myself to shower and change, running out the door.

I'm barely able to wrap a towel around myself as a loud knock rattles my door.

"Jo! I need your help!"

"Come in."

Maggie bursts through the door, wearing a robe with curlers in her hair. She's carrying at least fifteen different outfits in her arms.

"What should I wear? I want to look good for... Nabila..." she stutters.

I look through the clothes she has heaped onto my bed.

One dress, in particular, looks perfect for the occasion. The black satin material looks like it will stretch tightly over her. The one-shoulder detail is sexy but still very classy and the shin length is perfect for a dinner party.

"I think...Nabila...will like this one," I hold it out to her.

She looks at me with a small smile, I can see that she's grateful for my willingness to play the game and not ask questions, even though I have about one hundred.

A long-sleeved navy-colored dress with sheer sleeves catches my eye. The material beneath the chiffon is form-fitting but the top layer makes it look looser, more conservative.

"You should wear that!" She says as she comes out of the bathroom in the black dress.

"You look stunning! Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Thank you," she gushes, "of course, I don't, try it on."

I slip the dress on and it fits perfectly, the thigh high slit adding a bit of sex appeal without showing too much skin. I'm not sure who is attending this dinner and I don't want to be dressed inappropriately for the occasion.

After styling my hair into large, loose waves and finishing my makeup, we have to go to the dining room or we'll be late. I can see that Maggie is nervous as we get closer, she keeps running her hands over the dress.

"You really look amazing, Maggie," I try to reassure her as we approach the door to the dining room. I can smell the amazing food. I'm starving but my nerves are making me feel more nauseous than hungry.

I set my face, trying to look calm and relaxed. Spending the evening watching them together is not going to affect me, I won't let it. I want him to be happy, he deserves it and though I don't know her, Nabila seems wonderful. I won't let a childish crush make me lose sight of that.

When we walk into the room my eyes find Lincoln instantly. It's like they have a mind of their own, searching for him. He's standing with a man I've never seen before, talking and he chokes slightly when we make eye contact. He's wearing a black suit with his hair pulled up. He looks like he could have stepped out of a magazine.

I can feel his gaze on me as someone grabs my arm.

"Jo, you look beautiful!" Nabila grabs my arm.

"Thank you so much. Happy birthday!" I turn to her, taking in her silky cocoa skin against the red fabric of her dress.

When I turn to Maggie she's blushing deeply and looking down at the ground. Victor is talking long strides toward us, his usually colorful hair now cut very short and completely blonde.

"Ladies," he nods to us before grabbing Maggie's hand, "Mags, you look amazing."

I feel Nabila pulling me away from them, she's talking but I can't really hear her. The heat from Lincoln's gaze is making it hard for me to focus. She pulls me until we're standing directly in front of him and the man he's chatting with.

"Jo?" her voice brings me back into the room, "did you hear me? I said this is my mate, Will."

I look back and forth between the two of them, "wait, what?"

Want more of The Fairytales?   Read 5 completed books in this series, plus get access to over 30 adult romance titles on my Patreon (patreon.com/MyrandaRae) !

Updates weekly: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 15.1K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...
2.1M 52.6K 33
*COMPLETED* He is cruel She is broken Onalee (Ali) has stared death in the face more then once in her 18 years. She knows loss and pain better then...
896K 32.8K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
13.7K 749 35
Two strangers fall captive to a sudden delectable aroma in the air. The scent guides their eyes to meet, igniting a spark which blazes into an infern...