Sanguine || Astarion x Reader

By retrolokii

HIATUS!! Collection of Astarion one-shots based on my Bard!Tav playthrough!! Content warnings are mentioned... More

True Love's Caress
A Simple Plan Goes Awry
Handsome, Don't You Think?
To Be Alone
It Will Come Back
In The Basement (We Find The Things We Love)
His Majesty
Bards Being Bards
Excuse Me, Are You a Couple?
Found Myself In You
A Past Life
You're Alive (At Least as Far as I Can Tell You Are)
Loving Him
Would That I - Part 1
Would That I - Part 2
Run To Me, Lover
Darling, I Thought We Had Someone Special

Valentine's Day Drabble!

408 12 18
By retrolokii

Happy Valentine's Day, Astarion nation!!!

Here's a short lil drabble I thought I'd cook up quickly since I'm soooo very busy this week.

Enjoy!!

.

.

.

.

"Astarion?" Your voice rings out into an empty but warm living room.

The spot where your beloved vampire would wait patiently for your return from your regular tavern gigs was left barren, a complete contrast to your usual greetings of infinite kisses and warm hugs.

"Astarion?!" You call louder into your house, yet he doesn't answer. Nobody answers.

"Huh."

Left dumbfounded, you plop onto the sofa.

He wasn't the type to disappear without a word. Well— not anymore, at least. In your time together, after all the Netherbrain mess, Astarion found himself blossoming into a doting lover. One he didn't expect to be one, quite frankly.

He thought he'd be the nonchalant type, the kind who required the bare minimum affection and conversations, enough just to keep the relationship afloat while still getting his (nearly) daily sips of blood in.

But, much to his own surprise, he's become quite the romantic, always wanting to go on lovely dates with you, to always be around you to bask in your warm presence.

When you'd be too tired to go out or plan dates, he'd coax you into spending the whole day in bed with him, whether those cuddles lead to something more or not.

He's content with either, now that he's claimed his own autonomy and has become more comfortable in his own sexuality. Come to think of it, he's content with anything so long as he's by your side throughout it.

Your mouth forms into an unconscious pout, not used to Astarion to be so... absent. You would sulk, but the vampire always had reasons for his behavior.

Perhaps, he had a bad day today, and he didn't want to bother you with his problems. You sighed at the thought, wanting nothing more than to ease his problems over anything else.

As you begin to border on sulking, a quick drum of feet padding down the stairs sounded from behind you.

"Astarion?" You call out as you turned to face him.

The vampire looked more stressed than anything, with his eyes glazed over by a million thoughts running through his mind. Then, they all clear up once he lays his eyes on you, as if you took all of his problems away with one glance.

"Oh, my love!" He says in pleasant surprise, his silver brows rising up from their crooked position. "I hadn't realized you'd be home so early."

Astarion quickly strides over to your spot on the sofa and greets you with a soft kiss on the lips.

"Happy Hearts' Day, my love." Astarion whispers softly, a fond smile stretching across his face.

You draw back slightly in confusion. "That was today?"

"Darling, don't tell me you haven't been serenading the Elfsong with love songs on Hearts' Day?" He breathes in genuine disbelief.

"I couldn't even finish my usual set. The audience were requesting love songs each turn!" Your hands fly to your face in distress. "Gods... I've been a mess these last few days, haven't I?"

Astarion smirks in reply, a mischievous glint flashes across his crimson eyes. "Yes you have, my sweet." He says. But, before you could even sputter out any word of offense, he's quick to offer you his hand. "Let me remedy that, hm?"

You squint your eyes at him in suspicion, but take his hands regardless of the fact.

On the outside, Astarion is the very image of confidence. He leads you up the stairs with purpose, not letting go of your hands even once. He seems eager, excited to show you whatever the hells he has planned.

Inside though, Astarion is sweating buckets. He has no idea if what he was doing was even right, if it even counted as a Hearts' Day surprise. He doesn't even know if you'll like it, even though he seems to know each and every part of you so easily.

Astarion gulps down his nerves, letting out a final calm breath before opening your bedroom door.

"It's not much," he prefaces, his anxiety overcoming his feigned image of confidence. His pale fingers twiddle amongst themselves as he watches your reaction to what he had prepared for you. "I don't even know if this counts as a Hearts' Day present."

Your eyes immediately get pricked with happy tears as your gaze lands on the display before you.

He'd dragged one of your bedside tables to the center of the room and has placed a massive bouquet of your favorite flowers in a beautifully ornate vase on it. Then, leaning in front of the table is a viola.

But, it wasn't just any kind of viola. It's the one that you've been eyeing from the Chromatic Scale for months. Even before the Netherbrain was defeated, you have had your eyes set on that beautiful rosewood instrument.

And, Astarion managed to remember to get it for you.

He watches with bated breath, his anxiety through the roof as he watches you silently weep out of joy at his surprise.

"It's perfect." You sniffled as you turn to him, glossy-eyed, with tears running down your cheeks.

Without a word, you threw yourself at him for a massive hug, wrapping your arms tightly around his rigid form.

Astarion breathes a massive sigh of relief and wastes no time wrapping his own arms around your waist in a warm embrace.

"You remembered!" Your words are wet from tears, yet are laced with a mirthful chuckle.

"Of course, I did," Astarion simply replies as he parts from your hug. He keeps a cool hand placed on your cheek, hot with fresh happy tears. "It meant a lot to you."

Your heart swells in your chest, a formless voice echoes in your head at how lucky you were to have this man in your life.

"Thank you, Astarion."

Astarion's breath hitches in his throat, his chest churning with affection, as he sees that familiar sparkle of love appear in your glassy eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." You mumble quietly, kissing the palm against your cheek in the process.

"You can make up for it, you know?" He replies, a teasing lilt in his voice.

You chuckle. "How so?"

"A kiss would suffice."

Without any smart quips or teases, you oblige. You gently bring his face down to yours, a pointer finger guiding his chin to crash his lips with yours.

His arms wrap around you in a cool embrace, his hands finding comfort on your hips. One finds its way into your hair, gently mussing it as his lips sensually dance with yours.

Astarion's eyes flutter shut, enjoying every bit of your kiss. He basks in the way you touch him so gently, the way your scent lingers against his skin when you spend time with him in such close proximity.

Gods, he could get drunk off of your sheer presence. If he could, he would bottle the feeling of comfort he feels when he was with you, and that alone could sustain him like a drug.

You feel him sigh contently against your lips, and you could only giggle in reply.

"Happy Hearts' Day, my love." You greet softly once you part. "This is... the best surprise anyone has ever gotten me. Thank you, thank you!"

Astarion lets out a soft chuckle, keeping his arms wound around your waist. "You're most welcome, my sweet. Aren't I just the best?"

You roll your eyes fondly at him, but you can't help but agree. "Yes you are, Astarion. And I love you all the more for it."

"Aw," the vampire clicks his tongue. "I love you too, my darling." He pressed a chaste kiss on your forehead, pulling you closer to his form.

"I do have one request though, before Hearts' Day ends." Astarion says.

"What is it?"

Astarion looks down at you through thick lashes. "That I be your first audience with your new instrument."

"Oh, Astarion." You breathe, before going up on your tiptoes to press a sweet kiss on his lips. "You could ask me to write endless songs, poems, and limericks about you, and I'd agree,

"You, beloved, are my forever muse."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 25 3
Was ranked #1 in the Shadowheart, Durge tag for a while :) #1 in Larian (LOL) #2 in darkurge/durge #1 in Lae'zel Baldur's Gate 3 Mature-rated one sho...
2.6K 129 21
UPDATED WEEKLY: What happens when a famed Vampire Slayer finds out one of her team is a Vampire? Emotional angst and shenanigans, that's what. Follo...
363 21 11
Dame Lillith Zalfura, a captivating, intelligent but unwise Baldurian highborn Wizard Mephistopheles Tiefling must escape the possessive relationship...