Checkmate.

Od K_wriites

BWWM I scoff, "you think I'll get on my knees & beg to an asshole like you?! Well-".I'm cut off by a raspy c... Více

Introduction
Chapter 1. - Grey Eyed Asshole.
Chapter 2- Surprise, Suprise.
Chapter 3- Friend group.
Chapter 4- Let hell begin.
Chapter 5- Pay attention.
Chapter 6- Practice makes perfect.
Chapter 7- Perv.
Chapter 8- I'll give you what you want.
Chapter 9- Bathroom break.
Chapter 10- Dont get comfortable.
Chapter 11- Sandwich.
Chapter 12- The race.
Chapter 13- Sore loser.
Author's note
Chapter 14- New face.
Chapter 15- Dog
Chapter 16- Found you.
Chapter 17- fuck buddy.
Chapter 18- the Deal
Chapter 19- secrets revealed
Chapter 20- Turning point.
Chapter 21- Game Day.
Chapter 22- The Game
Chapter 23- Celebration.
Chapter 24-Princess
Chapter 25-Project
Chapter 26- Alone.
Not an update
Chapter 27- The mistake.
Chapter- 28 Drunk.
Chapter 29- The box.
Chapter 30- Pizza
Chapter 31- Taste ⚠️
Chapter 33- The ball
Chapter 34- Class
Chapter 35- Hoodie
Chapter 36- The Fight.
Chapter 37- Winner
Chapter 38- Details
Chapter 39- Agreement.
Chapter 40- The Deal.
Chapter 41- Compliment
Chapter 42- taken
Chapter 43- Aftermath
Authors note (not an update)
Chapter 44- Anger
Chapter 45- Sapphire
Chapter 46- Back to normal.
Chapter 47- touch me
Author's note
Chapter 48- Chaos
Chapter 49- traitor
Chapter 50- M.I.A
Chapter 51- Safe
Chapter 52- Free
Chapter 53- Yes.

Chapter 32 - The news

3.1K 124 4
Od K_wriites

  A FEW DAYS LATER

DANTE'S POV

"Thats a load of bullshit." I scoff as I sit across from me and Luke's father. "It's a charity event.You need to come." He mutters lighting his cigar. Luke smirks while looking at me. Since the party, I've wanted to kill this fucker for touching Zaria.

"You will need to find a suitable date. No sluts." Luke's father adds in. "You're both married to one, why must there be such rules against us?" I mutter. "What did you say boy?" My father stands from his chair. I smirk as I shake my head. "Nothing, please continue." I gesture to the terrible presentation they're showing.

This charity event consists of fake ass people all looking for another way to make a dollar. I'm all for making money, but the way they do it makes me fucking sick.

"You will go.End of discussion." "Now, let's get the details together. The ball will be held the day after tomorrow. Find a date before then. I don't care how." Luke's father continues. "You are both expected to behave. No shooting. No guns, at all.

"If you think I'm going into something you two fuckers organized unprotected, you're fucking insane." I chuckle slightly relaxing in my seat. "Oh cmon, don't be like that." Luke nudges me causing me to snap my head in his direction.

I'd snap this fuckers neck if I could. "Dante. Don't make this harder than it has to be. Find a date. Show up. Behave. Simple." "No promises." I flash him a cheeky smile before standing. "If you're done spewing nonsense, I have shit to do. I calmly walk out the meeting room.

"Dante don't be like this!" Luke follows after me. He's really starting to piss me off.  "What." I bark in his direction. "If you need help finding a date... I'm sure I can find you. I plan on ask someone, you know her." He smirks as he speaks. This fucker is really pushing it—

"Brown skin, long braids, beautiful smile.... Nice ass. Think her name is... Zaria?-"  no sooner then he says her name, I have push against the wall gun drawn.

"Don't. Fuck with me, Luke." He chuckles as I let him go. "What? No harm in it right? She seems suitable. He shrugs. I'm going to kill him. "You wont make it to the ball in one piece if you ask her, Luke. If you think I'm bluffing, try it."

I tuck my gun in my waistband before walking off.

                              . . .

"He wants you, Dagger.  To find a date before the day after tomorrow? Is he insane?" Ryan mutters sitting on the couch. We all met up at the safe house near campus. The dorm is a cover, only us 4 know about this house. It's bought under a fake name and all.

"That's impossible." Luca mutters catching me off guard. "Impossible? You fuckers saying I'm not date material?" They all glance at one another before answering "yeah... pretty much." "You're the definition of a manwhore." "Yeah."

"Oh fuck you." I shove Jayden since he's the closest to where I am sat. "Who you thinking about asking? Your sister. "I'm not sure. I'll probably just go alone. But that's not why I called you guys here."

I stand before finishing. "You all will need to be there. Luke and I aren't allowed to have guns, but you will be. "You'll act as my bodyguards. Just for that night. "Do we get cool ear pieces? Ryan jumps up. If he wasn't so good at hacking I would've killed him by now.

"Sure, Ryan. You get to play super spy." Fucking child. "I will not work with these dumbasses." Luca chimes in. "Ay, I've saved your ass enough times to earn some respect." Jayden points his finger at Luca causing him to glare at him.

"Doesn't make you any less of a dumbass." He swats his finger away. "Focus." I say, snapping them back into the plan. "I'll go in the front, and open the side door by the library to let you all in. "Ryan, you'll get set up in one of the bedrooms and keep an eye on the cameras.

"Jayden, you'll be with me, and Luca, you have a good way of staying unseen. I want you to monitor the ball room and report back anything you see strange." They all nod as the doorbell sounds.

Nobody should know we're here. I look around the room before nodding. On que, we all draw our weapons as he approach the door. I slowly open the door revealing a— now terrified, delivery driver.

"Oh! I did order Chinese food!" Ryan tucks his gun retrieving his wallet as he hands the driver a few hundred dollars "thanks. Have a good one." He grabs the food before kicking the door closed.

He then turns to the three of us as we still have our guns drawn. "Dumb-" before I can finish, a shot is fired." Ryan drops to the ground still holding onto his food.

"You fucking bitch! You shot me!" He wails dramatically. "Oh shut up pussy. I barely grazed you." Jayden says putting his gun back in his waistband. "Why would you do that!" "Because you were getting on my nerves." Jayden shrugs as he helps Ryan off the floor.

"Luca will fix you up, quit bitching." He walks him other to the couch as Luca goes to retrieve his med bag.

I'm surrounded by fucking idiots.

                            . . .

❗️ZARIAS POV❗️

I hear the dorm door open and close as I quickly leap out of bed and shut my bedroom door. Dante and I haven't talked... much. Since- yeah. It's been little conversations, nothing major.
I hear a knock on my door before light going to open it.

There he stands. In nothing but grey sweatpants. "I um." He clears his throat. "Got some pizza. I thought we could watch a movie?" I give him  a questionable look before glancing down at the pizza box in his hand.

"Shit- I knew it was a bad idea forget it- he turns away I quickly step out my room grabbing his arm. "Is it sausage pizza?"  He nods before smiling. He actually smiled! "Your smile is cute."

Who would've known big bad mafia man would be so nervous?

"Nothing about me is cute, sweetheart." We both sit on the couch as I grab my cover.

                                . . .

The dorm is dark, the only light coming from the tv. We decided to watch a horror movie. I constantly jump and cower under my blanket as the killer keeps catching his victims one by one.

Dante however, sits still like a stone. He didn't even blink as the jump-scares appear. I decide to be brave, and watch the next scene. The girl is running in the woods, and the dummy trips. Over nothing! I watch as the killer catches up to her.

I can't bring myself to watch what happens next. I duck my head behind Dante's shoulder causing him to chuckle as the movie ends.

"It's not funny!" I slap his arm as he grabs the remote to put on another movie. "You have such a strong attitude... for a scaredy cat." "Shut up. The movie is starting." I glare at him even though he probably couldn't see.

If you told me a few months ago I would be sat on the couch watching movies with Dante. The asshole. I would've laughed in your face. But here I am, sitting here watching movies with him.

I feel myself start to doze as the second movie continues. I lay my head on Dante's shoulder & he tenses for a moment before slinging his arm around me. I take a deep breath inhaling his scent as I try to stay awake.

"Go to sleep Ria, you're tired." Dante mutters pulling the cover over me. "I'm awake! Really I am. I want to watch the movie." I sit up for a few minutes before I feel my eyes getting heavy once again.

"Are you scared of me, Ria?" Dante ask out of nowhere causing me to be fully awake as I sit up and look at him. "Scared of you?" I repeat his question as he sighs.

"I'm not a hero Zaria. I kill people. I do illegal things. I'm in the fucking mafia! Why aren't you running?" His face is only lit by the tv, but I can see 100 emotions running through him.

"You don't scare me Dante. Neither does Jayden, or Ryan, or... ok maybe Luca does a little." He lightly chuckles at my response. "As for the mafia.. I don't see that part of you. I see the part that buys me pizza and watches movies with me."

I snuggle my head against his shoulder once again. "You think I'm some softy?" He scoffs. "I think you're a good friend. Don't ruin it." "Friend?" He glances down at me. "What? you don't consider me a friend? I'm hurt."

"Do all your friends know how you taste?" I smirk before answering "ma-" "be careful what you say right now, Zaria. I would hate to have to kill someone tonight." He turns my face towards him as he speaks.

"So, what are you? One of my special friends?" I question. He shakes his head. "Not one of, only. I'm your only special friend." He moves his face closer to mine. "Friends don't kiss Dante." I remind him.

"Special friends do." He pecks my lips before smirking. "I can't stand you." I rest my head on his shoulder once again. "Go to sleep, Zaria." Those are the last words I hear before drifting off to sleep.

                               . . .

❗️JAYDEN'S POV❗️

"Have you heard from Dante? He has some papers to sign." I approach Luca as he looks over test results. "Nope. I've been at the lab all morning. Did you call?" "Yup. No answer." "You have the key to the dorm, just go drop the papers off." Luca says placing another test tub down. "Right."

                              . . .

I knock on the dorm door a few times, no response. "I'm coming in." I twist the key in the door as I push it open. The dorm is quiet, too quiet. I glance around before my gaze lands on the couch. Zaria is sound asleep, her head rest on Dante's shoulder & he has her arm wrapped around her.

What the fuck. I clear my throat dropping the papers on the coffee table as the they jump awake. Dante reaches for his gun, before glancing at me. "Oh, it's just you." He groans. Zaria's eyes get big as she shoots  up from the couch.

"Getting cozy?" I grit staring at Dante as he stands. "We watched a movie, that's all." "Right". I glance at Zaria once more before pointing to the papers.

"You need to sign those before the ball. Your dad dropped them off at the warehouse this morning." "Thank you,  I'll get it done." "No problem." An idea pops into my head. I glance at Zaria whose face is pale. "You can breathe Zaria, I know."

"You know?" They say in sync.  Zaria glances at Dante and that's all I need to know. I'll let them play dumb a little longer. "Yes, I know Dante asked you to be his date to the ball. He asked me about it last night. Right?" I glance at Dante. This is what you get.

"Right. Right"  when ZZ lies,  her nose scrunches up. It's something I noticed over time. I've decided to keep it to myself. Dante clears his throat glaring at me. "Well that's all. I'll be on my way. See you two tomorrow. Together.  Because you're his date." I point between the two.  As I begin walking towards the door.

Dante follows me out the door looking pissed. Good. "Why the fuck. Would you say that? I don't want her there." "Same reason you're clearly crushing on my little sister, and didn't tell me." He freezes.

"You know I'm nosy ass shit. Did you think I wouldn't pick up on it? Torturing the dude who grabbed her? The way you act towards Carter? Dead giveaway." I chuckle at his puzzled face.

"Plus, the whole crew will be there. Do you really think I would let something happen to her? I'll burn that fucking ballroom to pieces before I let that happen."

"You aren't.. pissed?" "Oh I'm pissed. But, I won't kill you. Unless you hurt her. Then, I don't care how close we are, or the fact that you're my boss. She cries, you die. Simple." I shrug patting his shoulder.

"You've also got lipgloss on the side of your face."  His hand flies to his face and I laugh at him. "Kidding." I turn away as he mutters curse words in Spanish.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Thank you for 7k reads yall omllll that's close to 10k... and 10k is insane!!!! I love yall sm 🩵🩵🩵

Yall know Jayden reads people very well..... how we feeling????

Yall been voting hella quick 😭🧍🏽‍♀️ the next few chapters are a little..... drama filled sooo vote vote vote!

10 votes = update! Up to you when 😘😘😘

Vote

Comment

Vote

Comment

Vote

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
159K 2.5K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
192K 4.7K 76
Fraternal girl twins and their parents moved to New York from what one of them considered as her Perfect Life in Atlanta, while the other one was rea...
11.3K 171 12
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...