Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cull...

נכתב על ידי NovaWayne

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ 𖦆 Devon is often described as a problem boy. He always gets hit in the face and has a folde... עוד

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
❨ 001 ❩
❨ 002 ❩
❨ 003 ❩
❨ 004 ❩
❨ 005 ❩
❨ 006 ❩
❨ 007 ❩
❨ 008 ❩
❨ 009 ❩
❨ 010 ❩
❨ 011 ❩
❨ 012 ❩
❨ 013 ❩
❨ 014 ❩
❨ 016 ❩
❨ 017 ❩
❨ 018 ❩
❨ 019 ❩
❨ 020 ❩
❨ 021 ❩
❨ 022 ❩
❨ special chapter ❩
❨ 023 ❩
❨ 024 ❩
❨ 025 ❩
❨ 026 ❩
❨ 027 ❩
❨ 028 ❩
❨ 029 ❩
❨ 030 ❩
❨ 031 ❩
❨ 032 ❩
❨ 033 ❩
❨ 034 ❩
❨ 035 ❩
thanks!

❨ 015 ❩

4.2K 123 4
נכתב על ידי NovaWayne

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon sat in one of the armchairs in the main room of the Cullen house. His eyes were closed while the other Cullens surrounded him, trying to explain the situation.

They started with the cause of his death, then Edward's decision to save him from dying. Obviously, Edward chose not to let him die. They also told him about those three days when he was unconscious, screaming in pain during the transformation. Devon vaguely remembered it, recalling a bit of pain, but perhaps he was already used to it and didn't feel it as strongly. They told him everything until the moment he woke up.

Devon felt strange. Dazed. He wanted to understand what was happening, but he wasn't really sure if what was going on was real. He thought maybe he was having a strange dream, but he still remembered leaving school after his first class because he just didn't feel quite right. He wanted to go for a walk and clear his mind.

His head was a bit dizzy, and he preferred to skip his classes for a stroll. He had stopped at a store to buy something to drink, but he hadn't even entered when someone grabbed him from behind and started beating him. He had recognized those guys from the previous time they had been harassing those girls. It was probably some kind of revenge, but Devon couldn't defend himself because two of them held his arms tightly, while the other two beat him fiercely.

At some point, he had stopped feeling pain as he was about to pass out when one of the guys pulled out a knife and stabbed him. That's when the pain returned, and it was also the moment Edward appeared with eyes radiating intense fury.

The rest was history, and he didn't remember exactly what happened while he slept.

"You wouldn't stop screaming from the pain," Alice had told him. "It really seemed like you were suffering a lot, but it's normal. It's because of the venom."

Devon hadn't said a word since they asked him to take a seat on that chair. He had listened attentively, looking at each one while they spoke, and even when there was nothing more to say, Devon remained silent.

He was in shock, and he had no idea how to react or what exactly he should do. Everything was so unreal, and it had happened so suddenly that he couldn't grasp it.

"Vampires..." he murmured and then burst into laughter. "It's more believable to say that I'm dead, and this is some kind of dream while I'm between life and death in the real world."

But the looks of everyone around him told him that it wasn't that way. That it wasn't a joke, and they understood why he felt that way.

It was Rosalie who approached Devon, taking a seat beside him and placing a hand on his shoulder gently. Her blonde eyes were soft and understanding.

"Devon... I understand that this is difficult to assimilate. We all took it in different ways, but it's real. The supernatural world is real," she explained calmly. "We are not the only creatures that exist."

Devon looked at her with curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"There are werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, and other creatures whose names I'm not even sure of," she replied.

Devon shook his head and stood up, quite nervous, but he looked at Carlisle with a certain desperation. "And now what? I'm dead, what's supposed to happen now?"

Rosalie also stood up. "Normally, I think we would come up with a plan to fake your death. Having your family think you're dead is the simplest solution, and then we would leave the city, if possible, leave the country," explained Carlisle. "However, we've discussed it a bit, and Alice had an idea, but we don't know how well it might work."

Devon looked at Alice for an explanation.

"Well... I really don't know how feasible it is. Normally, newborns, that is, newly turned vampires, are the most dangerous. They have an intense thirst for human blood. But from what I've seen and researched, most newborns consume human blood right away after their transformation. You haven't drunk blood yet, I suppose because there's no human around, and you haven't sensed that scent. So my assumption is that if you perhaps feed on animal blood before attempting human blood, you might avoid your instincts. If that works, it will be easier for you to live normally with your family without wanting to... kill them," Alice explained.

Devon slumped back into the chair. "But you're not really sure that could work, right?"

Alice shook her head. "No, I'm not a hundred percent sure."

"I don't want to put my family in danger to test a theory that is very unlikely," he stood up and looked at Alice, "but I don't think I'm ready to separate from them by faking my death."

Alice gave him a short smile. "We can try it. We really can't force you to base your diet on animal blood; you just have to be careful about the number of humans you kill. But if you want to try, all of us will help you."

Devon nodded. "I want to avoid killing someone as much as possible," he quickly glanced at Edward, who had remained silent, "but I'd like to know more about vampires."

"Maybe you want to go hunting first," Emmett suggested. "Then you'll have all the time you want to talk."

"There are still many things to resolve and explain, but Emmett is right," Esme said. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but you might feel a bit weak now. You should go hunting, and when you come back, you'll get all the answers you want."

Devon nodded. He still couldn't grasp what was happening, but he knew he shouldn't lose his sanity. He had to assimilate everything little by little.

"Although I'd like to know," Devon frowned, "what did you tell my mother? As I understand, I've been missing for three days."

Alice was the one who reacted to those words and pulled something out of her pocket. It was Devon's phone, which she quickly handed to him.

"Sorry, but I took it while you were unconscious and sent a message to your mother saying you had a job and would stay overnight at a friend's house for a very important project. I also told her you would come home after classes to pick up some clothes and go back to your friend's house," she cleared her throat, "said that friend was Edward. And it was Bella who took clothes from your room during those days."

Devon nodded. He still had some conflict with Edward, but right now, he couldn't complain. It was a good alibi.

Wait a second. Did she say Bella?

"Does Bella know?" he furrowed his brow.

"I think there's a lot that Edward should explain to you," Rosalie muttered as she walked towards her room.

There was a short moment of silence.

"Let's go hunting. Then we'll talk about it," Edward said, turning around to start walking, and Devon almost rolled his eyes. He wanted answers right now, but it was true that he felt an intense thirst, his throat was dry, and he wanted to drink something. But not just anything. Even he had that feeling of wanting to drink a certain

red liquid.

Devon followed Edward, and both stopped in front of the forest. Because the guy's mind was elsewhere, trying to assimilate what was happening, he didn't realize until that moment that he could hear everything very clearly. He could smell and see from great distances. It felt weird but at the same time was a pleasant sensation. Almost like he could do anything.

Edward smiled at him, understanding the pleasant sensation that Devon was feeling at that moment.

"Well, let's go then," Cullen said and started running.

Devon also smiled at seeing him move away with incredible speed, and he started running too. It was so strange but at the same time fabulous. He didn't take long to catch up with Edward to run alongside him.

Cullen stopped after a moment, and Devon mimicked his action. Both hid behind a trunk and looked at a deer that was eating not far from them.

"That will be your prey," Edward spoke in a low voice and began to explain calmly how he should hunt.

Devon understood quickly, and due to his new abilities, it wasn't difficult for him to go after the deer to bury his teeth in it and drink its blood. Everything was more by instinct than by his own decision. As if his brain had been configured to do it automatically, even though he had never hunted an animal before in his life.

However, it was still a strange sensation. Devon felt the blood in his mouth, but it was a pleasant taste that began to satisfy that thirst he had felt before. But he needed more.

Once he drained the animal, he heard another sound in the distance, and without thinking, he started running with Edward behind him.

They came across a lynx this time, and Devon didn't need more instructions from Edward to go after the animal. He drained it completely once again and finally felt satisfied, but still, he ran with that incredible speed.

"Animal blood doesn't give you the same energy as human blood," Edward explained. "But it's enough not to feel anxious. You can't die from not drinking blood, but you'll feel desperate, and it's better than killing people. Although we all go through that stage of wanting to kill humans, don't feel bad if you ever do."

Devon stopped and looked at Edward. "I won't harm anyone," he assured. Edward wanted to warn him that it was complicated to fulfill, but he noticed that conviction in his counterpart's eyes that made him believe he would keep that promise.

Edward smiled a little. "I know," he finally said. "But if it ever happens, don't feel guilty."

"Now I want answers," Devon said.

Edward nodded. "I'll explain it to you while we walk back home."

They decided to walk at a human pace while they talked. Edward wasn't very sure where to start, but he tried to be clear about everything he said.

"What about the sun?" Devon asked, recalling all those vampire movies he had seen.

Edward almost laughed. "Well, it's nothing like what you've seen in any movie. If you get sunlight, you'll start sparkling. Like a diamond."

Devon furrowed his brow. "I was expecting something cooler. What about garlic?"

Edward shook his head. "You can eat it without any problems. Any food you want, you can consume without any problem. In fact, as you might have noticed, now you have sharper senses. In general, it happens with everything—your feelings become more intense than normal. If you get angry, if you fall in love, if you feel sad. Everything is more intense. Tastes, textures, you can feel and taste everything with greater sensitivity. Except for blows, there are very few things that can make you feel pain. But when there's pain, it's also intense."

Devon nodded in understanding, although he didn't turn to look at Edward as they walked.

"How long have you been transformed?"

"I'm over a hundred years old, if that's a sufficient answer."

"Wow, that surprised me a bit," Devon said. "What about the others?"

"Except for Alice and Jasper, all of us were transformed by Carlisle. He is the oldest among us," he thought for a moment, "I think. Jasper is the newest with us and recently started following our diet, so it's a bit difficult for him to control himself when he sees human blood. But he really tries."

"Is there anything else I should know?"

Edward thought for a moment. "There are limits to the territory. You can't approach La Push."

"Why not?"

"There's a tribe of shapeshifters. Years ago, Carlisle signed a treaty with them, and we can't hunt in their territory, and they can't come into ours. Next time, I'll show you the boundaries. You also can't kill anyone in the area; it's prohibited."

Devon furrowed his brow and stopped walking. "What about the guys you killed by the store?"

"We've already sorted out that matter. Don't worry about it."

They continued walking.

"Anything else?"

"Some vampires have abilities."

Devon looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

"I can read minds," he began, "Alice can see the future, and Jasper can control others' emotions. Everyone develops some characteristic from when they were alive, but not all are like some kind of powers. For example, Rosalie developed her beauty, Esme her love—she can love more intensely than anyone. Carlisle is his kindness. Not everyone has abilities like mine or Alice's and Jasper's. Emmett's is his strength; he's much stronger than an average vampire."

"Then... do I have any ability?"

"I think so. Although I wouldn't know exactly what it is."

"I guess I'll find out sooner or later."

They had reached the Cullen house. However, Edward frowned.

"I had forgotten," he muttered, "we have visitors."

Devon looked at him with some curiosity, but he didn't say anything, and both entered the house where they heard a loud laugh. They went up to the living room, and Devon saw a guy he had never seen before. That stranger turned to look at the newcomers and showed a white smile.

"Eddy!" he greeted with some enthusiasm. "Glad to see you again."

He stood up and approached the newcomers. Edward furrowed his brow and looked at Devon.

"Devon, he's Ronan. Ronan, he's Devon," he introduced them. "Ronan is kind of like a relative."

Ronan extended his hand, and Devon took it with curiosity.

"Ronan Denali," he smiled without stopping looking at him with some fascination in his eyes. "You're really handsome, Devon."

The named one also showed a white smile. "Nice to meet you, Ronan. Let me tell you, you're not bad yourself," he returned the flirtation.

Edward avoided rolling his eyes and swallowed those jealous feelings that were starting to emerge from deep within his chest.

"Well, I better take you home so your mother and Charlie see that you're okay. Alice and Emmett," he called them, "could you come with me in case there are problems?"

The named ones looked at each other quickly with some amusement. Everyone in that room noticed Edward's slight annoyance at Ronan's proximity to Devon.

"Sure," Emmett replied.

Devon distanced himself a bit from Ronan, but they didn't

stop looking at each other.

"I hope we see each other very soon," Ronan told him with a soft and deep voice.

"I hope the same."

Edward took Devon by the arm with some force and made him walk toward the exit. Devon said goodbye to the others as he walked away and didn't stop smiling even when they were halfway there.

Edward had no right to be upset, and he knew it. But he couldn't help it.

The worst part was that Ronan had come to his house to spend some time with them. It was going to be inevitable for those two to spend more time together, especially now that Devon had transformed, and he had to spend more time with the Cullens.

AJDJAJQJA okay, I think Devon definitely has a type. You can't tell me that Ronan and Edward don't have a certain resemblance xdxd but anyway, Edward's competition has arrived and things are going to get very intense from now on.

I have a certain conflict with this chapter because I feel that Devon took the fact of being transformed very calmly but I also don't see him losing control since in some way, he would be just like his father who goes all crazy and aggressive. But anyway, I hope you liked it. Devon still has many things to learn and it remains to be seen how he will react when he is around humans.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

402K 12.7K 64
What happens when a French high school student gets into some "mischief" with a couple of beautiful vampires? Tatum and Bailey Fernsby have just star...
870K 22.8K 35
Ezra Geralds has lived in Forks, Washington almost all of his life. He lived his life in a steady routine. School, swim practice, work then home. He...
134K 2.3K 25
"I love Jasper" I shout back at her after reaching the end of my tether "I love him more than you ever care to see because you are so caught up in yo...