Though You slay me, yet I wil...

De Nevrastir

This is a journal-like, subjective account of my experiences in the Church, mostly of the charismatic branch... Mais

Where I Am Now
Where it Began
Forgiveness
Frozen Stasis
May
November

Warning Signs

13 0 0
De Nevrastir

  I hadn't been there very long when I first butted heads with the youth pastor. He was denoting the idea that women could be pastors. My heart sunk. The same heretical nonsense...
I quoted Scripture and he went on about women prophets. His lack of understanding was made apparent then, but I kept going.
The most head-aching moment, the time which my skin was the most dug under, was a night of divided prayer. I will admit, I had a lot to work through. It was true that at that time, I was more corrective than kind. I'll cover how that changed in another excerpt. At a round table, meant to be a prayer meeting, the discussion started heating up. I can't remember what triggered my question but I asked one girl, "Is the Son the only way to the Father"? She couldn't answer me. I became greatly concerned about what exactly these youth were being taught, even more so what they weren't. One girl closed us in prayer, saying, "-and that people would read their Bible". In context this was clearly aimed at me. A feeling of wrath and venomous words welled up in my mind, but I didn't utter a word. I went home and processed all that I had experienced. I almost didn't want to go back. What happened had made me really unnerved. I wrote a letter to the youth pastor, detailing my concerns. I later made up with this girl when only by providence I was paired up with her for prayer. The truth was, she was intimidated and a little insulted that I challenged what she so firmly believed to be true. Maybe she eventually shared the truth with that Mormon friend of hers, I don't know.
It didn't stop at the youth pastor or youth. The problems seeped into, and very evidently, the women's group. A heated chat left me not even wanting to speak to youth pastor. I ended up sitting with the women that night. If someone addressed me I could have cried, and I did. One lady showed me so much love, but it was a double edged sword. That was the first time someone spoke "Pharisee" in my direction. That word stung me to my core. Even though it hurt, I tried to honestly reflect on the impression I had made so far and make what changes I could. This began the unwinnable battle.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

22.7K 766 30
Unicode ငယ်ကိုအရမ်းမုန်းတာပဲလားမမမုန်း သဲငယ် ငါ့ဘဝမှာမင်းကိုအမုန်းဆုံးပဲ တစ်သက်လုံးမုန်းန...
9.7K 1.3K 48
"මම අර වගේ ආදරෙයි ,මේ වගේ ආදරෙයි කියන්න මම දන්නේ නැ..එත් මම ආදරෙයි ....ආදරෙයි ..එච්චරයි ..."
8.9K 305 58
WOC SERIES SAMPINGAN XAVIER ADREAN X DAHLIA ARYANA Dahlia Aryana. Dipaksa bekerja di kelab malam oleh ibu kandungnya sendiri. Berhari-hari dipaksa me...
19K 2.7K 22
දන්නවද ආර්ය්‍ය..❟ පෙති තලලා මල කැඩුව පමණටම බඹරෙක්ට මලක් අයිති වුන්නැහැ..! සේමිය- උබ කියන මගුලක් මට තේරෙන්නෑ ඕයි හැබැයි මෙච්චරයි බඹරෙක් නෙවෙයි මොකෙක්...