A Psychopath's Heart

Από Bumbleggs

Freya Jones is a psychiatrist, trying to understand the psychotic minds for a specific Psych ward, Oak Valley... Περισσότερα

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Authors Note

12

2.5K 61 10
Από Bumbleggs

He chuckled as he smirked, he was definitely liking the way this is going. He'd definitely have fun playing more mind games with me."Are you sure about that? Do you really want to see just how much this can get to before I can finally have you wrapped around my fingers? Are you really that persistent to see me fail?"

"I am."

He smirked, and for the first time today, I saw his genuine grin instead of the fake smirks he always carries."You are quite a persistent one I have to admit. But I am more than satisfied that you're eager to see just how bad this can get. I love playing these little mind games, and I really enjoy playing them with someone as smart and persistent as you are. You are definitely not going to be easy to break."

"For today, our session has ended, I hope you have something figured out. I will stop by later tonight for another session with you instead of forcing you to wait another 24 hours."

He was definitely a bit shocked that I was already planning for another session, but he wouldn't let me see that. He had to maintain his confidence at all times when dealing with me. Instead, he simply replied with a confident look in his eyes."Ah, I see. Well, I'll make sure I have something planned by later this evening. You won't regret it I promise."

With that, he was escorted away. I went home to take a nap before returning, however, when I arrived at my door another present was left there. It was a box of heart-shaped chocolates with a note. "I will see you again." I was starting to get a creepy feeling and tossed the chocolates away, I don't know who keeps leaving presents at my door. I made myself lunch and took an hour's nap. I was refreshed and ready to go in for another session. I walked into my office to see my boss in the office.

"Oh, hello there," I stated, surprised.

"Oh, hello. I thought you already had your session with Archer?" He asked.

"I did, but we had scheduled a second one today considering he had some more things he needed to discuss with me. Why are you in my office."

"Well, actually I wanted to talk to you about Archer. I had overheard he was sleeping with one of the nurses, I came to see if he had mentioned anything about that."

"Oh, no he has not."

"Well in your second session could you get a name? We don't tolerate things like that."

I nodded my head and he left, I asked for the doctors to have Archer brought back here, and I noticed that he had less security. I could only assume how he got that.

He was definitely caught off guard that his secret was found out. He figured he'd made sure that he was smart about hiding his affair. He tried his best not to let his surprise show, and he succeeded for the most part. As for the nurses that he was sleeping with, he had made sure that they understood that they weren't allowed to talk about this to anyone. 

"So sleeping with a nurse was this trick up your sleeve?"

He seemed to get a bit annoyed that I had found out about his affair. But since I brought it up, he might as well be honest about it."Yes, it was. How did you know that I was sleeping with a nurse anyway?"

"I'm assuming one of the guards saw and reported it to my boss."

He rolled his eyes."Really? That is so annoying. I really thought I was doing a good job of keeping my affair secret. Now I have to figure out which guard it was so I can make sure to keep him out of the game." It's not like his affair meant much anyways, he was only using her for an easy lay. But he still didn't like the fact that someone had found out about it.

"Did you think sleeping with her would make me jealous?"

He smirked and laughed. He had to admit that was not a bad thought, one of the perks to his affair was definitely the potential in making me jealous. However, that wasn't his initial intention."Well..that was one of the outcomes I was aiming for. Yes. She's very beautiful, and I figured it would be hard for you not to be jealous."

"Well, it didn't." I was clearly lying.

He laughed once again."Oh really? I was really hoping it would work. I mean, she's extremely beautiful and she really knows how to use her body. You really should be jealous. I mean, just look at her in comparison to yourself. There's no comparison at all. I figured that would make you jealous that a woman like her was getting someone like me every night."

"I don't even know which nurse it is that you are sleeping with."

He let out another chuckle."Oh, so you're not jealous now because you don't know her face? But you can definitely see in your mind how beautiful she is, can't you? You can probably already see us together, her and me, making out and you just wishing it was you instead of her."

I scoffed. "Hardly."

He laughed at this. It was honestly really cute how hard I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't jealous. He was pretty convinced that I was extremely jealous right now, but there wasn't much he could do to prove it to me. Instead, he continued as if nothing had happened."Really? That's not what your jealousy is telling me. I can just see it in your eyes how badly you're wishing you were her."

"Well, does she mean anything to you?"

He was quite irritated that I wasn't falling for this, he really thought this would work. For some reason, I just seemed resistant to every move he has tried to make. He did manage to make me blush a few times during these sessions, but besides that, I had pretty much always resisted him."Does she mean anything to me? Of course not. She's just another pawn in my game, I couldn't care less about her. I'm just using her for an easy lay."

"Oh, how charming." I sarcastically commented.

He laughed and smirked."I should've known you'd say something like that. I just knew this trick wasn't going to work. I guess you're just going to have to watch me sleep with her while you sit there thinking about me every second. That must be killing you inside knowing that such a beautiful person is getting me every night."

I scoffed again. "You are quite full of yourself," I said while getting slightly irritated.

He smirked and laughed at my irritation. He quite liked this side of me. The anger was attractive. He couldn't help it. My irritation definitely made him feel even more confident in himself.* "Awh...is your pride hurt? Are you mad that I'm sleeping with someone way more beautiful than you?"

I was starting to get really pissed at this point, "Fuck you!"

He let out another loud laugh like he couldn't help it. I was finally finally starting to show some emotion. It was a bit satisfying."Your language, Freya. Your language."He then chuckled."So, have I finally pissed you off? Are you finally going to tell me whether or not you're actually jealous of my affair?"

"You know what. Two can play that game. I will sleep with my mystery man and I hope you think about every second of it. My skin touching his skin and NOT yours." I said while leaning into his face.

He started smiling and grinning the more I kept talking. He was definitely enjoying this right now.."Is that so? You're going to go sleep with your mystery man and try to distract yourself from me? Maybe you should use your mystery man as a substitute for me. Try to imagine it's me while you're with him. Although that's probably pretty hard, maybe you should get a picture of my face before you do the deed with him, just to make it more realistic."

"UGH. You can be so unbearable at times!" I screamed.

He chuckled, it was clear that he was enjoying how angry I was getting right now. He was definitely starting to really get a rise out of me."What? Am I hitting some buttons here? I mean, it is pretty hard to control yourself around me. But you're going to enjoy your night with your mystery man. I'll just go have fun with this gorgeous nurse of mine."

That was it. I was officially pissed. I raised my hand to slap him.

Once I raised your hand, a smirk came over to his face. This was what he was waiting for. He wanted me to get angry and he wanted me to hit him. My anger would make him feel more dominant and more controlling over me. A thought he was really starting to enjoy.He was waiting for me to slap him, he was looking straight at me and not taking his eyes off of me even though he knew the slap was coming. And he didn't try to dodge it, or even defend himself. He just stood there waiting.

I just groaned and turned the other way.

He let out a laugh as he smirked. "Well, seems like someone is finally backing down. That's definitely a first. I really thought you were going to actually hit me right now. I'm disappointed, I was actually really hoping you were going to put your hands on me and show me just how mad you really are."

"It's not too late, don't test me." I seethed.

He smirked and replied in a playful tone."Is that so? Are you *really* going to hit me? I mean, I definitely don't think you have the guts to hit me. I don't think you are willing to put your hands on me. But if you think that'll make you feel better, you can go ahead and try, I won't stop you."

I stood up and marched my way over to him and slapped him hard across the face. "Oh look, for once you got what you wanted." I spat out.

His smile only grew bigger as he smirked and nodded his head."Yes! That's perfect. It's pretty damn hot when you get angry, you know? It makes you look so attractive when that side of you comes out. You should get angry with me more often."

I was just too angry to even respond back.

He liked seeing me this angry. He found my anger pretty hot. Even if it was only temporary anger. He had definitely hit a button when he had brought up his affair."You know, you have a really attractive way of showing your anger. Your fists, your facial expressions. It's sexy...It almost makes me tempted to do something that would piss you off just so I could see it again."

"Oh piss off."

He laughed, it was adorable seeing me like this. To think that I would allow myself to be so easily angered was a huge turn-on."Oh, come on, don't you think this is kinda fun? This tension between us is kind of amazing, you know? I like making you angry. You're so pretty when everything just finally comes out."

"Now what? Now that you got to see me like this what's next on your plan." I sarcastically said.

He had a hard time not laughing, this whole thing was incredibly amusing to him. The tension between the two of us was intense, there was this feeling that this would lead to something big at the very end of our sessions. He definitely liked the way this was going."Well, now I have everything exactly where I want it to be. You are angry. You are jealous. You're probably thinking about my affair right now every second. I like having you like this, it makes me feel dominant and control over you."

"Oh, that's it? You just did this to piss me off. You had no plan to swoop me off my feet after this? How pitiful."

He was pretty surprised by this, he wouldn't admit but I had a good point. He hadn't thought about what to do next. So far he had been focused on making me angry, but now that I was angry there was nothing he had prepared. He then realized that he might as well admit that he hadn't thought that far ahead."I..uh...yeah, you're right. I haven't thought about what comes next. But at least you're angry now, which was my goal."

"Well now I don't love you, I am just pissed at you."

He chuckled a little bit and rolled his eyes."Oh, don't pretend like you're not obsessed with me. Yes, you're angry and jealous but you've still been falling for my little tricks all this time. I mean, you did fall hard for the affair trick earlier. You seemed pretty worked up over that one, I'm going to enjoy playing with that for a while."

I just ignored him, he was arrogant and annoying.

He didn't seem to care that I was ignoring him. He felt powerful knowing that he had made me angry. He even felt an urge to take advantage of this anger and say something that was really bound to annoy me. He just couldn't resist playing with me right now. He was going to enjoy this little back-and-forth between the two of us."Oh come on, are you seriously going to ignore me now? I really thought you would be more tempted to talk to me after being so upset about my affair. What is going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"Our session is over." I stormed out of the room and had the doctors take him back to his room.

He let out a chuckle once he saw me leaving. I seemed even more angry now than when I had slapped him. He felt pleased with himself, he liked being the one in control over me. He didn't really care that the session was over, he had accomplished what he had set out to do.That's when he finally realized that they were going to take him back. He hated that idea. He didn't want to go into his room, he didn't want me to leave because he didn't want this time between the two of us to end.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Another One | complete | Από Christelle Moore

Μυστήριο / Τρόμου/ Θρίλερ

10.9K 641 35
Belledie Jones, starts a new life at NWU... Soon to be imprisoned by something lurking in the dark, sending notes and pictures to her front door and...
84.4K 1.1K 21
Polly pollard was sentenced to scarlet asylum by court, she thinks she'll hate it but turns out to love it when she gets the attention of the two bar...
395K 10.7K 58
After five years of heavy studying, Beverly Frazier finally graduated as a psychiatric nurse. When she, much sooner than she ever thought, got a job...
154K 1.9K 10
"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐭?" ________ DARK ROMANCE Arabella Thomas meets with the devil as she...