Taming Amanda (Book 1) Jacob'...

By LRObooks

3rd place winner for the romance category in the Nova Nexus awards!!! 2024 Amanda has been through a lot thes... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 10

13 3 0
By LRObooks

Austin

The trek is uneventful but eerie. I hear and see unimaginable things, that's saying a lot coming from me. There's not much I haven't seen. Double-headed razor-sharp toothed giant scorpions are new to me. At first, I thought it was a tree stump in the dim light, then it moved. The big guy told us not to fear the creatures because he has some kind of agreement or arrangement. I don't know about Rosa, but it didn't make me feel any safer. I could only imagine what she's thinking. I got to hand it to her. She's one tough cookie. The cavalry takes off single file and the giant steps off his horse. We have arrived, and it's like stepping back in time. A mother fuckin castle with slots for windows and rushes on the floors. He leads us to a long stone table with benches.

"Sit, I will start a fire."

He wills a flame and my eyes narrow suspiciously. Doing things at will? Not exactly a fae trait, but then again, he's dark fae. I'm put In my place once more, reminding myself not to get cocky. There's a number of things I don't know about them and what I think I know could be wrong.

The other riders start to flow in and Rosa slides closer to me. The giant, glares his disapproval. A myriad of pixies fly in carrying trays of food. Roasted pig and turnips, loaves of bread and a plate of small papayas. The spread is better than I expected. Rumors paint them as savages hunting down food just to tear it apart and eat on sight, sleeping on the earth in the blood of their prey. The pixies dart away and he dishes out fractions. I'm not a big fan of the fare, but I know better than to reject an offering.His attention never strays far from Rosa I watch him frown when he sees her turn her nose up at the food.

"What's wrong, don't you like pig?" He asks her with a deep frown. I watch him look at the pig and back to Rosa. Rosa and the pig. Oh shit, he looks pissed. I kick Rosa under the table.

"I'm a vegetarian." She says giving my a sideways glare. The poor shmuck looks to me in answer,

"She doesn't eat meat." I tell him with a shrug and roll my eyes. He looks astounded but accepts without argument. He picks up her plate and scrapes the meat onto his. He then takes his turnips and places them on her dish, returning it to her. Rosa mumbles a thank you and takes a nibble. This seems to please him, and he eats with vigor. When the meal is done, he dismisses the foot soldiers and pixies bring mead. It's been so long since I've tasted it, I almost forget its relaxing effect. I slow my pace and set down the sweet liquid.

"I am called Wrath, and what is your name, sweet?"

I look over at Rosa and kick her foot again. She's glares at me and mumbles her name without even looking at him. I don't think she understands the situation we're in. I broke the oath. He has every right to end us both, and she hasn't shown him an ounce of respect.

He looks to me with a sneer, "and you are Rusalka the ravager."

Then what now? So that's what my reputation has come to. He's obviously as unimpressed as me. "Actually, it's Austin" I clarify. He ignores my remark and fills his cup up.

"I am willing to strike a deal of sorts. That is how the mortals say it?"

I nod in agreement my muscles are tensed I can only imagine the deal he wants to strike.

"She will wear my cuff and never take it off. I will allow her a month to adjust to her new attributes. After that she will visit me here for a minimum of four hours a week! To learn our ways and become familiar with our land and traditions."

He's looking at her with a fuck load of interest and as much as I want to go home, I'm reluctant to agree. I can't tell what Rosa thinks about this because her head is still down and she's as still as ever. Wrath turns to me

"I want passage into light territory any time I please."

I choke on my mead.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on a minute that's not my decision to make! I can't create miracles. You have to realize It's not as easy on my end, I'm not the leader and we run things differently in the light."

His anger is palpable. He crosses his massive arms and I gulp; I have a feeling if I don't try, this will end in bloodshed beyond me and Rosa.

I've really fucked up this time.

"These are the terms refuse and meet your death."

I think it over but I don't see any possible loopholes,

"I'm going to need time."

He rubs his chin,

"I'll give you three months and for this boon she will spend a full day here the first week and she leaves today wearing my cuff non-negotiable."

"No!" A small but firm rejection comes from Rosa, and I look up to the gods for mercy. Wrath is smiling at her. Rosa's lips are pursed and her eyebrows are angrily curved. "I'm no one's property and I refuse to be ordered around. My life is my own."

Wrath's dark laugh is anything but funny.

"I own you now. The minute I made a connection you were already claimed and words can not alter the reality. Don't fight this Rosa, it's in your best interest to concede. If you think Rusalka's disruption of my link will help you, your sadly mistaken. It was broken the moment he entered this plane... Your blood is my blood."

Wrath gets up,

"I will allow you a moment to seek council, I will be back with the cuff."

I watch him leave and turn to Rosa the moment he shuts the door.

"You will do this and be happy in the process! It's not just your life on the line, it's both fucking planes. We fucked up, and this is getting off easy."

She takes so long to respond I'm ready to explode,

"You should have let me die."

I flinch at her response. I can feel the saddened laced words grate on my conscience.

"You don't mean that and even if you did, you have no idea the kind of death that would be... It's not so bad Rosa. Four hours is a short time. Think of how many there are in a week."

She sighs sadly, and I know I've gotten through to her. It was a sigh of defeat.

"What is a cuff and what does it do?"

Great, this is good. She's accepting the situation. Now about the cuff, what to tell her? Obviously not the truth. I have to twist my words perfectly. It's not like I can tell her it's basically a camera with sound and oh yeah, he can pretty much read your mind, smell you and locate you anywhere. You know, like being with you everywhere you go.

"It does many things, but it's basically to serve as a connection."

I wait for the burn but it doesn't come and I take a deep thankful breath.

She shakes her head. I can see tears pool in her eyes.

"Let's just get this over with, I want to go home."

Thank fuck, I want the same thing. Now if I can just change a million faes minds on a historical pact, generations have lived by, I'm home free.

Wrath walks in with a thick silver band. The words blood for blood are boldly written in Elvish and there are protection runes running across the edges. He walks up to Rosa, and she pushes her chair back, placing her arm out and turning her head away.

Wrath kneels down in front of her. I feel like I should turn away. The scene is intimate. He blows his breath on the steel, warming it, and Rosa turns toward him with impatience. They make eye contact and electricity fills the room. Her brows screw up and she watches his lips enticingly warm the band. When he grabs her hand, her mouth drops open, and she lets loose a gust of air. I watch as he slips the cuff up her arm, dragging his fingers up her skin along the way. The cuff tightens on its own, making Rosa jump, but she doesn't break eye contact.

I clear my throat uncomfortably Rosa turns her head away from him. Wrath glares at me for the unintentional interruption.

"One month, Rosa." He remarks.

One moment I'm standing in his dining area, the next I'm at the border between our sides. I guess the rumours are true, the dark dabble in magic's. I don't waste time. Grabbing Rosa's arm, I step through and dematerialize home. We end up in the kitchen where Jacob is pouring himself a scotch. As soon as Rosa gets her bearings, she takes off at a run. Jacob pauses mid pour, setting the bottle down.

"Your back! How did it go?"

I grab another tumbler and pour myself one, shooting it past my lips. I quickly refill it and top up Jacobs

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

It takes a good forty-five minutes relaying the event and answering all of Jacob's questions before I realize his state of dress.

"What's with the getup?" I point a finger toward the abnormal attire. Jacob is a slack wearing and fancy button up type. The edgy look suits him just fine, but I'm not used to it.

"Ah, yes. This was for Amanda."

It happens so fast I don't realize I've done it. Jacobs leather is clutched in my hand and my fist is clenched ready to pound in his face.

"Austin, relax, it's not what you think."

But I can't relax and I can't let go, "Explain yourself" I growl, pulling the jacket tighter.

"She was hungry."

I pull my clenched fist back, ready to break his nose; I don't care who he is. I'm hanging on by a thread,"Not making it better!" I growl between grinding teeth.

"I didn't touch her!" he rushes out, That helps. I drop my fist and let go of his jacket, but I'm all keyed up, waiting for his explanation.

"I took her to a friend"

my eyes widen, and he holds up his hand, "for ambrosia!"

Ambrosia?

"why?"

He straightens his jacket and gestures for me to take a seat.

"She won't feed and she told me John gave her ambrosia to help with the hunger. So I went to Zacharias club and had him get some. There's not a whole lot, but it will help for now."

Hmm, I wonder what's in ambrosia that helps? Usually, it's only given to gods, angels or demons and has different effects on each species. I've never heard of a succubus taking it for any reason.

"Where is she?"

Jacob raises a brow

"She's resting. The visit was eventful and I've just given her some of the ambrosia, It was diluted at Zacharias instruction... he read her."

That fucker! Fucking fallen angel freak! I should go give him a piece of my mind. I would if I didn't already make an army of enemies today. Jacob is staring at me like I'm a Rubik's cube he can't figure out. I could tell him my body has warred with my mind and already claimed her as mine. I just don't have the energy, and I've already broken enough rules for today. I call it a night shooting back another drink and get up to leave.

"I'm happy you made it back! What are you going to do about the light fae?"

I turn my head to the side,

"Glad to be back and I have no fucking clue! But I'll figure it out, don't worry, I promise you, it won't reach home."

I knock on Rosa's door, and she tells me to go away, I do. If she can bite at me, she's fine. My intentions are to have a shower and go to bed it's already one am, but that's not what happens. I find myself in Amanda's room, standing over her sleeping form. I brush a strand of hair back from her face, it's silky to the touch and I'm already hard from just that. Fuck, I've got it bad. I brush my thumb lightly across her lips, she's so beautiful and a very heavy sleeper. I hear Jacob coming up the stairs and I retreat to my room with an impressive erection sticking sideways in my pants and a chip on my shoulder. It's going to be a long restless night...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 15 8
" One day, he went walking through the woods and stumbled across an old and decrepit house. A tempting shadow beckoned him from the window. Once insi...
496 13 8
"𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒕, 𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍," "𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖." "𝑶𝒉, 𝑬𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂, 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐...
537K 25.2K 152
"𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐈'𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝...𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞."...
One Sin By Tanu

Short Story

380 95 6
Ava was happy with her love life with her boyfriend Xander. He had looks, he was a gentleman and more importantly, he was willing to be submissive in...