Twins of the Hunt - Book 2: T...

Oleh DaughteroftheSeaGod3

Ever since Ainsley Theron was betrayed by the person she loved the most in the whole world, she has changed... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Never Steal Zoë's Food
Chapter 2: I Bully The Bullies
Chapter 3: I Meet The Son of Poseidon
Chapter 4: Raiden Terrifies...Well Everyone, Basically
Chapter 5: We Battle Demon Pigeons
Chapter 7: Raiden Goes Back To Her Old Life, For Like, 5 Minutes
Chapter 8: I Face The Traitor
Chapter 9: Raiden Sets Stuff On Fire
Chapter 10: Everything Goes Wrong
Chapter 11: We Use Green Goop To Prevent Our Deaths
Chapter 12: My Friends Fight A Giant Calamari
Chapter 13: Tyson And Percy Hug Amongst Fluffy Murders
Chapter 14: I Am Struck
Chapter 15: A Titan Offers Us Tea
Chapter 16: Dad and I Piss Off The Queen Of The Universe (And We're Not Sorry)
Chapter 17: I Find Out My Fatal Flaw

Chapter 6: Agro Caculates Our Chance Of Death

43 7 6
Oleh DaughteroftheSeaGod3

1208 words

Please comment and tell me what you think :D

Tantalus was convinced that if Annabeth, Raiden, Percy, Tyson, and I had just minded our own business and not egged the Stymphalian Birds on with our bad chariot driving, they would've not attacked.

I hated it when people, especially males, use their positions of power to boost their egos.

"Breathe," Raiden said out of the corner of her mouth because I was about to explode.

Percy told Tantalus to go chase a donut, so he assigned all of us to kitchen patrol. This included Raiden and I, even though we weren't involved in it because according to Tantalus, "collective punishment builds discipline."

This was the final straw for me. I stormed up to Tantalus and put my face very close to his.

"I would cancel this punishment if I were you," I whispered in his ear. "Otherwise, you and I will have to have a little chat, Son of Zeus. And we wouldn't want that, would we?"

I backed away from him, and he looked petrified.

"Yes...well..." Tantalus sputtered. "I believe that kitchen patrol is an unjust consequence. The disrupters shall not be punished. That's...that's all."

I was walking back toward the forest, but then I heard voices.

"Grover is in danger, Annabeth," Percy's voice said. "I've been having dreams."

I stopped in my tracks. So, Grover was in danger. And I wasn't the only one having dreams about him.

I turned back around and headed toward the Poseidon Cabin, which was where Percy and Annabeth were.

"There's only one thing powerful enough to save the camp," Annabeth was saying.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, stopping in front of them.

Annabeth jumped at my voice.

"What's it to you?" Percy asked.

I ignored him.

"What's the thing that could save camp?" I asked Annabeth.

"The Golden Fleece," Annabeth said slowly.

"But wasn't it lost centuries ago?" Percy asked. Then, his eyes widened. "Annabeth, what if Grover found the Golden Fleece? Wouldn't it radiate nature magic?"

Annabeth bit her lip. "He could've. But Percy, you don't understand. The Fleece is in the Sea of Monsters. To even get it, we'd have to scour miles of ocean."

"So?" Percy said. "It'll be easy. I'm the son of Poseidon."

"We'd also have to fight..." Annabeth took a deep breath. She looked scared suddenly. "We'd also have to fight a Cyclops. Polyphemus. He guards the Fleece. And he...he's the worst Cyclops."

"Where is this Sea of Monsters?" I said.

"It used to be in the Mediterranean," Annabeth explained. "Odysseus sailed through it. But it moved with Western civilization. So, now it's in the Atlantic Ocean. The mortals call it the Bermuda Triangle."

"So, let's go," I said. "Agro, what's the risk of death?"

About 89.46%, Agro barked.

Give or take a few percents, Zade added.

"We need to tell Tantalus, first," Percy said, though he looked like he didn't want to.

I rolled my eyes so that Percy could see.

"Let's go let Raiden know," I said to Agro.

"Hold up," Percy said. "No one ever said you could come."

I looked Percy straight in the eyes. "I'm coming, son of Poseidon. And you aren't going to stop me."

———————————————————

Later that day, I headed with Raiden to the campfire. I had my backpack on my shoulder, as did Raiden. The Apollo Cabin lead the sing-alongs.

"Sir," Percy said to Tantalus, once the sing-alongs were over.

Tantalus sneered at Percy. "Ah, does the sea-boy have something to say."

Percy looked as though he wanted to punch Tantalus (Who didn't), but he managed to calm himself.

"We know how to save the camp," he said. "We have to find the Golden Fleece in the Sea of Monsters."

"That's hardly a location," Tantalus said.

"I know where it is," Percy said.

Annabeth looked surprised. "You do?"

"30, 31, 75, 12," Percy said. "Those are the coordinates of the Golden Fleece. We need a quest!"

"Hold on just a minute-" Tantalus began, but the whole camp had taken up the chant.

"WE NEED A QUEST! WE NEED A QUEST!"

"Fine!" Tantalus shouted angrily. "You brats want a quest?"

"YES!"

"Very well," Tantalus said. "I shall nominate a person to take on the quest. And I think the choice is obvious. Our champion today, Clarisse!"

The Ares Cabin began chanting and stomping. "CLARISSE! CLARISSE!"

Clarisse looked stunned, but still she stood up. "I accept the quest!"

"Hold on!" Percy shouted. "I had the dreams of Grover-"

"Shut up!" an Ares camper yelled. "You had your chance last summer!"

"Very well," Tantalus said. "Go consult the Oracle, my dear."

Clarisse stood up.

"Now," Tantalus said, smiling wickedly at all of us. "Anyone who leaves camp without my permission will be expelled."

I stood up, and Raiden tried to follow me, but I said, "I want to be alone for a few minutes."

Raiden nodded and headed off toward the Artemis Cabin, where she slept.

I headed toward the beach with Agro and Zade. A breeze ruffled my hair. The full moon was rising above Long Island Sound.

Are you sure you want to do this? Agro barked.

"Yes."

You know what this quest will entail?

"Yes," I repeated.

I sat down on the sand; Agro laid down next to me, and Zade perched on my shoulder.

I stared up the moon.

"Wish me luck, Mom," I said to it. The moon didn't answer. "I have to face him."

"Oh," a voice said from behind me. "I didn't think anyone would be here."

It was Percy, carrying a pack of Coke and a blanket.

I scowled. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to clear my head," Percy said, sitting down next to me on sand. "What about you?"

"None of your business," I snapped.

Just then, a guy dressed in jogging clothes appeared out of nowhere. Percy and I stared at him. The guy had salt-and-proper hair and a sly smile, like a thief.

I sighed. "Hello, Uncle."

The jogger looked at me. "Ainsley Theron. The forbidden child."

"You could say that, Hermes," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Ah, yes," Hermes said, turning to Percy. "Percy Jackson."

They then proceeded to have a long conversation, which I didn't listen to. I was too busy steeling myself for what was coming.

"You'd better get going," Hermes said, once their conversation was over. "You must go to that ship to begin your quest."

Hermes was pointing at a boat a little out form the shore.

He then disappeared, and then I noticed the Percy was holding 3 yellow duffel bags.

"Alright," I said, standing up. "Let's do this."

Just then, Tyson, Annabeth, and Raiden showed up, dressed for questing.

"We gotta hurry," Raiden said. "The cleaning harpies will be here in a minute."

She looked at me, and together, we ran toward the waves.

"What are you doing?!" Percy bellowed from behind us.

As soon as we reached the waves, I willed them to solidify. The water turned solid enough for us to run on.

"Are you ready?" Raiden asked me.

"Yes," I said, but it wasn't the truth.

I would never be ready to face him; not after everything.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

16.2K 218 16
Imagine if Percy Jackson had a sister, that lived at Camp Half-Blood since she was five because the world was too dangerous for her. She's hated by a...
58.1K 955 24
Percy Jackson is back, and after spending two months back on Olympus, everything goes wrong down at Camp. His new friend goes missing, Annabeth is up...
149K 1.7K 21
Pertemis... Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite. He meets a beautiful goddess in the Olypian meeting and becomes an Olympian. After 5...
396K 8.3K 67
Everyone at Camp Half blood and Camp Jupiter believe Leo is dead. However, Leo is very much alive. He just reunited with Calypso, the most beautiful...