Cheers To My Beautiful

بواسطة Kem-Bee

"So, ready to make your wish?" I smiled, though my stomach was doing flips. He sighed miserably. "This would... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1: Pending
Chapter 2: Distant bestie
Chapter 3: We'll meet again
Chapter 4: Surprise package
Chapter 5: Surprise package (2)
Chapter 6: Most are fantasy
Chapter 7: Did she just talk?
Chapter 8: Ever heard of G-Steel?
Chapter 9: We meet again
Chapter 10. Steamy hot what?
Chapter 11: Marry me
Chapter 12: This is a stupid idea
Chapter 13: I wait
Chapter 14: Guess Gabriel isn't a bad last name
Chapter 15: You want me to be your PA?
Chapter 16: For now
Chapter 17: Points
Chapter 18: First day
Chapter 19: The ex - emergency
Chapter 20: Exposed
Chapter 21: Since you can't get rid of her, why not give her out?
Chapter 22: Just calm down
Chapter 23: What if she's innocent?
Chapter 24: Believe me now?
Chapter 25: You agreed, I didn't.
Chapter 26: Then, challenge accepted
Chapter 27: If you're going to fall for him, then make him fall too
Chapter 28: Let the games begin
Chapter 29: Isn't this what I wanted?
Chapter 30: Do you have a sister?
Chapter 31: Save yourself
Chapter 32: Pillow talk
Chapter 33: Try to stop me
Chapter 34: Promise me you will
Chapter 35: You feel more than a crush
Chapter 36: I'll figure it out
Chapter 37: His sister
Chapter 38: He's in love with me?
Chapter 39: You just watch
Chapter 40: Proper protocol
Chapter 41: Remind me never to tell you a secret
Chapter 42: It'll be a win
Chapter 44: Is this the right decision?
Chapter 45: Digging Three Friends
Chapter 46: My work here is done
Chapter 47: Don't hate me
Chapter 48: No fucking way
Chapter 49: No fucking way! (2)
Chapter 50: Seven More Days
Chapter 51: deep shit
Chapter 52: You know it's not his fault, right?
Chapter 53: Forever and always
Chapter 54: Finally married
Chapter 55: On to the next man
Chapter 56: Too cheesy
Chapter 57: It's your fault
Chapter 58: I want her dead
Chapter 59: wedding gift
Chapter 60: This is fucking real
Chapter 61: odd
Chapter 62: Think it through
Chapter 63: Will you help me?
Chapter 64: You don't fool me
Chapter 65: Make it difficult
Chapter 66: Isn't it too early?
Chapter 67: Knock em dead
Chapter 68: First date
Chapter 69: Can't you see we are busy?
Chapter 70: frak it
Chapter 71: Go out there and catch his heart
Chapter 72: We're dating and in love
Chapter 73: So boyfriend, huh?
Chapter 74: Positive
Chapter 75: Whipped
Chapter 76: Would you believe me if I called his name?
Chapter 77: What they do on guys' night
Chapter 78: Girls' night
Chapter 79: The Auction
Chapter 80: a date with the devil
Chapter 81: Physical Nightmare
Chapter 82: she'll be fine
Chapter 83: Their dark secret
Chapter 84: Abduction
Chapter 85: We don't have time
Chapter 86: Proposal
Chapter 87: Safe
Chapter 88: Everything will be okay
Chapter 89: We are quarreling
Chapter 90: To My Beautiful
Epilogue
Updates on The Cold She-wolf sequel

Chapter 43: Interesting

481 67 1
بواسطة Kem-Bee

Chelsea's standpoint

About an hour later, I was tucking Carter in while Mother read a book. A small knock came from the door before the person opened it. I almost gasped when I saw Andy standing there with a bouquet of yellow daisies.

"Anderson," I whispered, glaring at him. I told him not to come. Mother looked up from her book and then at him. Andy walked in with a grin.

"Oh, hello, who might you be?"

"Good evening, ma," he greeted politely. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips.

"You know Carter is a kid and wouldn't care about flowers," I said as a matter-of-fact.

"Good thing I didn't bring it for him," he walked to Mom with the most charming smile I have ever seen him wear. "These are for you, ma'am. I got Carter a tablet if you don't mind—"

"He'll love it," Mom smiled, looking at me for the introduction she was suspecting.

"Yes mother, this is Anderson, my boss, friend, and boyfriend," I said boredly.

"Wow! He is so cute! So precious!" Wait, what?!

Anderson, the charmer, completely had my mother wrapped around his fingers in three hours. She was all over him and already planning our wedding in her head. I still don't know how because my mother was a very difficult person to please.

"So, what are your plans for my angel?" Mom finally blurted it out. "I don't want her dating for fun, she is almost twenty-eight, you know."

"I plan to make things serious with her, Mom, but she won't take the next step with me," I gasped as I realized what he was about to do.

"She said no to your marriage proposal?"

"No, I propose to live together. I want to get to know her better and see if marriage with her would work because as you can see, I'm no longer a kid. So I suggested she live with me so we can get to know each other thoroughly and see what it would be like if we were married. Chelsea, however, refused saying she needs her space and privacy." He complained poutingly.

Mom gave me her look. "Oh, come on, mom! We started dating barely two weeks ago!" I exclaimed with disbelief.

"The sooner the better, dear, you are not a kid. Don't you think it would be better to move in with him? You can save yourself the rent, and expenses and will be living with the love of—"

"I don't love him yet," I interjected harshly.

"Living together would help you know if you can get there or not. If I had lived with your father before I married him, I would have known him for the asshole he is, not the phony. It might not be good logic to you, but to me it is. Stay with him, dear."

"I already paid my rent," I snapped.

"Meredith will live in it since she has relocated here." She replied.

"I love my space,"

"And yet you share a room with Autumn,"

"That is different!"

"The same thing," she said coolly. I sighed, I wasn't going to defeat her.

"Fine, I will move in with you but only after our relationship completes a month. Deal or no deal?" I asked Andy who was pouting innocently.

"Deal."

"Now that it is settled, Andy tells me about how you met her again, I really love listening to it," Mom said with excitement.

"You are so dead," I mouthed to him secretly.

"Fuck me," he mouthed back. I rolled my angry eyes away. Manipulative bastard.

Aaron's standpoint

"Mr. Skye, your two o'clock is here," my secretary said through the intercom. I groaned with frustration.

"Another one? I thought I had interviewed them all already!"

"You have seven more, sir, should I send her in?"

"Yes, send all seven in—"

"Sir?"

"You heard me right, send all seven in so I can tell them to get lost. So far, the interview is for seduction, not work. Please send them in already!"

"Alright," he disconnected the call. I blame the guys for this, convincing me that a female PA was what I needed to spice up my interest in women. According to them, office romance was a thing and could work out. I would do anything to prove to them and myself that I am not gay, anything at all.

Reacting to Mordecai's woman was a start, but she was taken. It was a sign that I just needed the right hot woman to turn me on and if possible, make me fall in love with her. I needed a girlfriend, I needed the love and affection that came with them and of course, the sex. Staying like that was becoming more frustrating. Too bad it was a horrible idea, none had picked my interest so far. Just succeed in irritating me. I already turned down the elevator code so all they had to do was drag their worthless self in. I went back to work as I waited for them.

A few minutes later, I heard heels, whore heels. I raised my head and watched them all troop in. Brunette, brunette, brunette, another brunette, blonde, blonde… Red? My eyes remained on the last one, a redhead. I had finally come to terms with the fact that I have a thing for redheads, that was why I reacted to Autumn. This one, however, was more orange than red but still the same thing.

She wore a very loose flared floral dress, one sweeping the floor around her feet. It was proper for an interview but it sure did look good on her. The dress hid her body properly, it was long-sleeved. Her hair was tightly locked in a neat bun, she had no makeup on. She didn't even look like she was dressing up for an interview. But beautiful was not enough to describe her.

"What are you wearing?" I blurted out puzzledly. She looked at herself, then back at me, and shrugged.

"Dress, why?" Her voice added to her cuteness. She had a very light voice, really light but pleasant to the ears. No doubt she would be a soprano or mezzo-soprano singer. Or maybe even lighter. That's if she can sing.

"Aren't you supposed to be wearing something more appropriate?"

"Trust me, honey, if I'd worn the so-called "cooperate" clothing, we wouldn't be having this normal conversation. I believe I can wow you with my skills, not my dress style. All I need is the chance." She spoke indifferently like she would rather be somewhere else than here. Her nonchalance was fascinating and the only one I had seen so far.

"Alright. I'm going to ask some simple questions, all you have to do is answer one after the other. Then after that, I will give you all a test, separate tests, is that okay?" Not that they have a choice.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. First question, what are your names?"

"L-Lesley S-Shawn,"

"Fallon Mitchell,"

"J-Jennifer O'BRIEN,"

"Martha, Martha Wells,"

"Jacqueline Alexandré,"

"Veronica Odell…?"

"Meredith Olsen." While others stuttered, purred, or nervously mentioned their names, she pronounced her name professionally.

"Your age?"

"Twenty-three,"

"Twenty-six,"

"Twenty-one,"

"Twenty-nine,"

"Twenty-seven,"

"Thirty,"

"Twenty-seven," she murmured, looking everywhere but my face. She obviously didn't like telling anyone her age.

"Do you have any working experience?"

"N-n-no,"

"Yes,"

"N-no?"

"Yes, three experiences,"

"I don't exactly have any experience as a PA, just an account manager,"

"Yes, I have,"

"Too many," she murmured again.

"Let's start with you, Leila—"

"Lesley," she corrected.

"Why don't you have any experience?"

"I g-graduated last y-year b-but haven't been able to get a-a proper job. I work as an assistant at a mini supermarket, is t-t-that enough experience?" She stammered. She was trembling under my gaze. I knew just by looking at her that she was a shy one but would be good at her work. The perfect secretary for my manager.

"What about you…?"

"Fallon," the brunette said with a flirty smile. "I have worked as a PA twice,"

"And why are you here? Did you get fired?"

"No, I quit because my previous bosses weren't very accommodating. They were after my body." She lied. I chuckled and leaned back in my seat. Her credentials were already on my table, so I picked it up and flipped it open.

"You worked as the PA of Delta Dennis and Lawrence Audler,"

"Yes, sir,"

"And I know them personally so I will be giving them a call," I closed the file and threw it back to her. "You can leave, I will see if I can get back to you."

"But—"

"Out." I deadpanned, my polite way of saying go to hell. Her eyes watered as she stood up, even what she was wearing screamed slut.

"Wow," Meredith murmured. They answered the same question until it got to her. She simply shrugged and said: "I have a lot of experience considering how I always get a new job every three months for the past five years. I've worked as a secretary, accountant, PA, fund manager, etc. But I always had to quit or get fired because people find my body a little too distracting."

"Distracting?"

"I'm pretty, I am sure even if I get this job, I'll get fired in two to three months," she said indifferently. I stared at her with amusement, her bluntness was refreshing.

"Okay, all of you, leave except Leslie,"

"Lesley," she corrected again. I already knew who I was going to hire, but it wouldn't hurt to not make it obvious. Once they were all out, I called the trembling girl over to my side and pointed at the computer.

"I have a special application that arranges all my work, I don't use anything other than the app. You use the app to take notes and arrange your schedules, appointments, food tables, and even the requests of customers. Each work has its font and size, you can't use the same thing for all. When using bullet points, I prefer Roman numbering. You get to arrange my work with the calendar. This document contains everything, my schedule, time, food table, etc. Now arrange them with the app. Let's see how well you'll do."

They all tried one after the other, three tried to seduce me which got me angry, and two almost impressed me. Meredith, she was just perfect. Not only was she fast, but she added points that I intentionally left out with the hope that one of them would notice and correct it. She studied each work meticulously and made the right adjustments. She was right about having a lot of experience.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush since I already kicked four out, you three are left. Fortunately, you all won because there is a vacancy for the remaining two who won't be my PA. Meredith Olsen, you are to resume work tomorrow, you are my new PA and please, don't walk into my premises looking like this—"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" She whined. I glared at her. "Sorry, sir,"

"Lesley, you are now the secretary of my manager, he needs one. Veronica, your qualification is too high for a secretary or PA, so for now you are hired as the new head of the Real Estate Agent department—"

"Sir? Me? Just like that?"

"You will be given two months to prove that you can handle the position or you will be fired like my previous employees. You are all to resume tomorrow, my secretary will fill you in on what to do and the salary on your way out. You are all dismissed."

"Yes, sir!" Lesley shrieked. Meredith quietly walked out, not smiling, not frowning, or casting me a glance.

Interesting, very interesting.

We're approaching the part where I stopped on Facebook. Phew!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.2M 36.4K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
Echo بواسطة Fatiarmy1999

قصص المراهقين

269 7 8
A Dark Billionaire Romance How far would you go to save someone you love? Would you give up your body? Your mind? Your heart? I did and it cost me e...
11.4K 305 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
50.5K 2K 26
"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Walton and when she called me Zach I... "Za...