Right Here

By Savagetrapprincess

Brielle was tired of not being chosen. Tired of her heart getting broken. Tired of being toyed with. Simply f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 8

11 1 0
By Savagetrapprincess

By the time Monday came around, I was still in disbelief that Baekhyun and I really slept together again. It seemed surreal but I didn't feel any other way about it. No regret, no longing, no anxiety. It was kind of strange, but I was grateful for the peace of mind. I believed him when he said we would be good afterward. We were fine the first time so this time shouldn't be any different. It was something we both seemed to need in the moment and that was it. However, that didn't stop me from biting my lip at the replay from that night that kept popping into my head. Like last time, I hoped enough time would pass before I saw him again so I wouldn't melt into a puddle from the too fresh memory.

That didn't seem to be a problem though. It was now Thursday and I had yet to see or hear from him. Just like the previous week. Junmyeon was near radio silent as well which meant the merger issue was still in full swing. I sent daily encouraging texts to Junmyeon and reminders to eat. He responded to some and others he wouldn't. I suspected he was swamped with work as time was dwindling down. It was late afternoon and I was getting ready to send a text to Junmyeon when my door burst open, startling me enough to drop my phone on the floor.
"No more merger!" Junmyeon cheered, arms thrown into the air and huge grin on his face, showing off his sparkling teeth. His eyes twinkled with joy.
"You guys did it?" I stood excitedly. He nodded and I hurried around my desk to give him a hug. "Congratulations."
"Sehun wants to get drinks tonight to celebrate." He said. "Come with us?"
"The two of you should celebrate. You're the one who did all the work."
"He wants you to come." Junmyeon frowned.
"Don't lie to me."
"I'm not. I'll show you the text right now." He pulled out his phone and I laughed, stopping him.
"Okay, fine, I believe you." I said.
"So?"
"I'll come." His wide smile returned.
"Great, I'll meet you back here after work and we can go together." He said. I nodded and gave him another congratulatory hug before he left my office. I returned to my seat with a smile. I wondered if I should congratulate Baekhyun as well. Was that even appropriate? Especially given what happened? As I picked up my phone, there was a light tap on my door before it opened. I stopped breathing.
"Hey." Jongin smiled softly. I couldn't bring myself to respond. There were too many thoughts flying through my head at once but the most prominent one was wondering what he was doing in my office. "You...didn't come Friday." Something in my chest ached a bit at the dejected look on his face. As if he had been looking forward to it. Actually hoping I would show up before I crushed it all.
"No." I didn't know what else to say. I felt my palms starting to sweat as the anxiety begun to set in. "I...couldn't." If possible, he looked even more sad, but nodded anyway.
"I figured." He said. "I didn't expect you to, but I can't lie and say I didn't hope you would." I didn't want to hear that. It just made me feel even more awful. While I was...with Baekhyun, he was waiting patiently at a restaurant only to be stood up. I couldn't even say he deserved it even if he probably did. I felt sick that I didn't even feel guilty about it until this moment. "I wish you gave me a chance to really apologize, but I get it. I already put you through so much so it makes sense why you wouldn't trust me." I really didn't want to hear this. "I just came to let you know that I'm not going to stop trying. I really do still care about you and I...I feel horrible about what happened between us. I hope you know that." His eyes glistened and I felt like I was going to throw up. "At this point, you don't even have to forgive me. I just want you to know how I feel. That I'm truly remorseful and I still lo-." He stopped himself and I stopped breathing again. He held onto my gaze and stood up straighter, looking more sure of himself before he spoke again. "I still love you." Those words hit me like a train. During our on and off stint in the past, he would throw that phrase around whenever he was trying to win me over again. The same determination in his voice yet this time, he sounded sincere. All of this was making my head spin. I was grateful when he wished me a good weekend and left my office. I was now glad I agreed to drinks with Junmyeon.

"We are not talking about my non-existent love life right now." I said, gulping down my cosmo.
"Oh, come on. I want to hear more about this Jinyoung guy." Sehun urged. I glared at Junmyeon and he looked flustered.
"Sehun I told you not to say anything." Junmyeon groaned.
"Oops." Sehun shrugged. "Now tell me more."
"There's nothing really to tell." I shrugged and picked up a spring roll. "We've been chatting here and there but that's as far as it goes."
"Because he's in San Fran, right?" Sehun said. I nodded. "Do you guys just text?"
"We've talked on the phone."
"Video calls?" He asked. I shook my head and he raised a skeptical eyebrow.
"He's real."
"I'm sure he is but seeing as though you may not see him in person for a long time, it's good to know up front before you drag this on." Junmyeon just sat quietly as Sehun and I spoke. He had a point. I wasn't concerned that I was being catfished because he seemed genuine enough. But I guess they all seem that way in the beginning.
"We'll talk soon." I dismissed. He nodded. "Let's talk about your relationship. It's more interesting than my drab life." I said. They laughed.
"There's nothing much going on." Junmyeon said. "We finally locked down a venue and are finalizing the guest list before we start sending out the save the dates."
"Ooh, that's exciting." I clapped happily. "When are you getting married?"
"Next October." Sehun answered.
"Popular wedding month." I said.
"It is, and we were nervous that we wouldn't get the place but we were lucky. Thanks to Sehun's connections." Junmyeon smiled fondly at him.
"Not only my connections." Sehun rolled his eyes. "He always forgets that he works for the biggest law firm in the city and directly with the big bosses."
"Says the model for the top brands in the world." Junmyeon rolled his eyes in return.
"Damn, I can't believe I'm friends with celebrities." I said. They laughed. "Thanks for letting me crash your celebration."
"You were invited. You didn't crash." Sehun corrected.
"I appreciate it regardless." I said. They smiled warmly.
"What are you wearing to the holiday mixer tomorrow night?" Sehun changed the subject.
"I wasn't planning on going." I said. It was just another company event that I would gladly miss.
"Why not?" Sehun frowned. It was too much to explain so I settled on a shrug. "That's not an answer. Come on, let's go." Sehun stood up and both Junmyeon and I looked at him confused.
"Where are you going?" Junmyeon asked.
"We are going to go help her find a dress because that has to be the only logical reason she's not going." He said.
"I have dresses, I just...don't want to go." I said. Sehun sat back down.
"I've been to countless company events because this man loves to socialize and I have to be there to beat everyone off with a stick. Out of all of his co-workers, you are my favorite so please come so I can have something to look forward to for once." He said. I couldn't help but laugh. Junmyeon frowned.
"They're not that bad." He defended.
"Yeah right." Sehun and I said in unison.
"It's fun for you because everyone loves you." I said.
"People would love you too if you gave them a chance to get to know you." Junmyeon said.
"Hard pass." I said.
"You don't need to let them get to know you. Just come tomorrow so we can shade your co-workers and drink free alcohol." Sehun said. As tempting as that was, I was still skeptical.
"I'll think about it." I said. He did not look remotely satisfied by my answer, but somehow he knew that was all he was getting, so he nodded. The table was quiet for a bit before Junmyeon spoke up.
"I've decided to take the bar." Sehun and I both turned to him with our jaws dropped.
"You what?" Sehun asked.
"I'm going to take the bar." He said with a smile. "Not sure when though. I still have to study and all so it may not be for a while, but I'm going to do it." Sehun just threw his arms around him.
"That's great news." I gushed.
"What made you change your mind?" Sehun asked.
"I dunno." He shrugged. "Maybe it was this whole thing with the merger. After it was all said and done both Zhang and Doh said they appreciated my input and some other things that just got me thinking."
"Like how you basically saved the entire firm?" Sehun said. Junmyeon laughed.
"I didn't."
"But you kinda did though." I added.
"See?" Sehun tacked on. "But that doesn't matter. I'm so proud of you." He smiled fondly and gave him a kiss. It was sweet and chaste, but it didn't stop me from overreacting.
"Alright, check please. Time to call it a night." They laughed.
"One more round then we can get out of here grandma." Sehun joked.
"So we know who's paying." I teased. I was really glad I agreed to go out.

I thought really long and hard about attending the mixer all day while at was at work. When I got home. As I showered. As I put on my makeup. As I got dressed. As I ordered a ride. As I stepped into the building. Something way deep down inside was telling me that I should stay home and for some reason, I decided not to listen to that voice. Now, here I was, sipping on a cocktail glaring at Jongin who was blatantly flirting with one of his coworkers. I couldn't hear what they were saying but from the body language, giggles, and slight touches, I knew. I knew him too well to think otherwise. The night had started out so well. I met with Junmyeon and Sehun and we chatted for a bit. Minseok and Anya joined us. Then they started making their rounds as more and more people arrived. I remained off to the side, snagging snacks off the trays of the passing servers and drinking the free drinks. That's when Jongin walked in. Grabbing attention as always. His easy grin and charming persona allowed him to float through the room. He really did know a lot of people and they all seemed to adore him. It made me sick. I was wondering if he would see me and try to come speak to me, but he was too caught up in the atmosphere. He then got cozy with some woman across the room.

I wasn't sure what came over me. I shouldn't have cared, but just the previous day, he was in my office telling me he still loved me and he wouldn't stop trying to show me how sorry he was, but here he was, flirting with another woman as if none of that ever happened. It made me wonder if he knew I was in the room or just didn't care. I was actively avoiding him every time he got near, but he had to have seen me by now because he was constantly in my line of vision. A server walked by and I replaced my glass with a fresh champagne flute.
"Alright, who's the victim?" I almost didn't hear him and probably wouldn't have if I didn't feel him gently bump my arm as he took the spot beside me.
"What?" I asked. Surprised to actually see Baekhyun. I wondered if he was here the whole time and how I missed him. I was probably too focused on Jongin.
"The person you're about to bludgeon to death with that champagne glass."
"I'm not going not bludgeon anyone." I said with an eyeroll as I took a gulp.
"Your face says otherwise." He said with a quirk of his brow.
"It's nothing." I shook my head, doing my best to not take a glance over at Jongin and instead scanned the room.
"And here I thought we were friends." He sighed and shook his head. I rolled my eyes.
"Well friend I haven't heard from you all week."
"Blame the merger."
"Congrats on that by the way." I said holding my glass up to him. He clinked his against mine.
"I'm just glad it's over." He said with a sigh before taking a sip of his drink. "So what's up? Why so grouchy?"
"I'm not grouchy." I defended.
"I've been slowly making my way around and every time I looked over, you were increasingly grouchy." He said.
"It's nothing." I said, knowing he wouldn't let it go.
"Doesn't seem like it." He now turned to me. I let out a sigh.
"Well, it's nothing I want to talk about here." I hoped this was enough to make him drop the subject.
"So then tomorrow. Let's get coffee." He suggested. It was now my turn to look at him in question. He just shrugged. "If we're being honest, I miss our coffee breaks. But I guess I shouldn't because we aren't friends."
"Would you stop being dramatic?" I deadpanned. He chuckled.
"Seriously though, I know we haven't spoke in a while but you seem a bit...off tonight." It wasn't odd that he would notice something like this. Reading people was in his job description. I just didn't know if I wanted to go there with him.
"I just...probably shouldn't have come tonight. Like I intended from the beginning." There was a puzzled expression on his face for a moment before he nodded.
"Seems like you could use something stronger than coffee then."
"Got that right." I shook my head and downed the rest of my champagne.
"Then let's go get drinks." He downed his and set the empty glass on a nearby table.
"What? Now?"
"Why not?" He shrugged. That was a good question. "Did you drive?" I shook my head. "I can give you a ride back to change meet you at a bar. I need to get out of this suit."
"You don't need to end your night early because of me."
"I don't want to be here any more than you do." He said.
"Okay, but leaving together is a bit suspicious and the last thing I need are rumors floating around." I knew how gossip spread at these events. At the last company party, two coworkers got a little too tipsy and flirty and it was the talk of the office for the entire week. He chuckled and nodded in understanding.
"Fair point." He said. "I'll hang back for a bit then meet you later?" He offered. I nodded in agreement. "I'll text you when I'm on my way." He gave me a smile and went off to mingle while I went to find Sehun, Junmyeon, or Anya. Junmyeon and Sehun were the lucky winners.
"Hey, I was just about to come find you." Sehun said.
"Actually, I'm getting ready to head out." I said.
"What? Why?" Junmyeon frowned.
"Just not feeling it tonight." I shrugged.
"Everything okay?" Sehun asked.
"Yeah. All good." I lied with a smile. "Just a long day." Junmyeon had that skeptical look on his face but I ignored it.
"Well, okay. Get home safe." Sehun said, giving me a hug. Junmyeon did the same and I was on my way.

When I arrived back at my apartment, I changed out of my dress and into black faux leather pants and an emerald green silk blouse. I poured myself a glass of wine and scrolled through social media as I waited for Baekhyun's text. I started to wonder if going out with him was a good idea. Especially after the last time. I tried not to think too much about it. That was just a onetime thing that we needed to get out of our systems. Aside from that, I really did enjoy spending time with him. We had the same sense of humor and were both straight forward, not into gossip and drama. I missed our coffee breaks as well, but I didn't want to bother him too much during the week, knowing what he was dealing with. I probably should have been trying to befriend more women but I couldn't help the way Baekhyun drew me in. It was like having a more feisty Junmyeon, except I wasn't sexually attracted to Junmyeon.
"Fuck." I sighed. There was no doubt that I was attracted to Baekhyun. I wouldn't have slept with him twice if I thought otherwise. It seemed like he was attracted to me too, but I don't think either of us wanted to make anything out of it. He didn't seem to want a relationship at the moment, being as though his last relationship was pretty recent and still seemed to affect him. Me, on the other hand...I was too much of a mess. I really didn't know what I wanted. Jongin was messing with my head while I thought I was trying to move on with Jinyoung, but would that even go anywhere? Him being on the opposite coast and all. I had too much shit to try and figure out.

Thirty minutes later, just as I was reconsidering my night out, a text popped up on my screen from Baekhyun. He sent me the location of a lounge and informed me that he was on his way there. I ordered a ride before I changed my mind and was out the door once it arrived. It was only fifteen minutes from my place and when I stepped in, I was glad I didn't change my mind. It was yet another lowkey lounge that I was starting to figure out was his vibe, which I did not expect. The dim red lights made the atmosphere feel sultry. Smooth R&B played while people casually chatted and drank at booths and tables, or while standing and bobbing along to the music. There was even a dancefloor where people were getting a bit close and personal. I focused on the bar where Baekhyun told me he was and spotted the familiar silver-white head of hair seated at the corner, already sipping on a brown liquid in the crystal tumbler.
"Hey." I greeted, as I took the empty seat beside him.
"Hey." He smiled. "Here." He slid over the second glass I didn't notice before."
"Thanks." I took a gulp.
"You're not even going to ask what it is?" He chuckled.
"Does it really matter?" He scoffed. "It's liquor. That's all I care about."
"Apparently it matters if there's gin in it." He said. I narrowed my eyes at him and he laughed.
"You look different." I tilted my head as I looked him over. He was wearing a black t-shirt and a navy bomber jacket with white accents. Black jeans along with white and navy sneakers."
"Do I?" He chuckled, looking down at his outfit before meeting my gaze.
"Yeah. I haven't seen you this casual since that first night I met you." I said.
"Really?" His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to recall. It seemed so long ago.
"Yeah, pretty sure I haven't seen you in jeans since then."
"Huh." He nodded.
"It's weird to see you out of a suit."
"A bad weird?" He asked. I laughed.
"Are you kidding me? I'm sure you've seen yourself in the mirror. How in the hell could you ever look bad?"
"And how many drinks have you had since you left the mixer?"
"Don't act humble now cocky fucker." I said. He laughed.
"I mean, I know how I am, but that doesn't mean it's any less out of the ordinary for you to admit it out loud." He said. I blinked at him.
"Maybe two full glasses of wine, but that's not the point." He broke out in laughter again which I joined. "You look good."
"Thank you. You look good as well. As always."
"I know." I smirked.
"I'm nervous and curious as to the direction this night is going, but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not already having a good time."
"Hold that thought until after I get a couple more of these. Whatever it is."
"Okay, I would really like to know who has you ready to drink yourself into a coma."
"Jongin." I sighed, shaking my head. "That fucker."
"What?" I hadn't even realized what I let slip out of my mouth.
"What's your real hair color?" I focused on the top of his head, not wanting to look him in the eyes.
"We are not about to skate past this. You're talking about Jongin? The new litigator?"
"That can't be your real color." I continued. His roots were expertly dyed and I was starting to wonder if I had ever seen them any other color.
"It is. Now can we get back to how you're down bad over Jongin?"
"Why are you telling lies?" I returned to his eyes.
"Why are you changing the subject?" His eyebrow went up. I sighed again and downed the rest of my drink.
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Something must have happened if you're ready to get black out drunk over him."
"It's long and complicated."
"I'm listening."
"I really don't want to talk about it." I was being earnest this time. I could feel my stomach starting to twist up just at the thought. There was a burning that slowly was slowly creeping up my esophagus. I tried hard to suppress it.
"Okay, I won't push it." He backed down. "But if you want to talk, I'm here." His soft smile gave me some comfort. I nodded. He ordered me another drink without waiting for me to do it myself. "To answer your question, black."
"Why did you dye it?"
"Something different." He shrugged.
"I wouldn't think a top lawyer like you would dye their hair. Isn't that "unprofessional"?"
"In the corporate world, yes. But it gets me noticed and people underestimate me so I use it to my advantage. Now people don't even question it." He explained. "At this point, I could dye my hair pink and no one would bat an eye."
"Damn. That's power. You are a bad bitch." I said.
"I guess I am." He chuckled.
"How long have you had it that color?"
"It actually hasn't been that long. I had it for a few months a couple years back then went back to black, mainly because of my ex, but after we broke up, I brought it back because I missed it." He said. "It just became my thing, you know?" I nodded along. "But now I'm thinking of going a little darker. Maybe grey."
"Ah, going for the sexy grandpa look?" I teased.
"I guess so. I would look great old."
"Wouldn't deny that." I said. "But isn't dying your hair so much bad for it? Especially going from a color so dark to one so light? I'm surprised you're not bald."
"Well, when you take care of your hair, the damage is not as noticeable for a while."
"Right, I forgot you were so high maintenance."
"And you're not?" He scoffed.
"I really am not."
"I have yet to see you out off high heels." He said, gesturing to my pumps.
"How do high heels equate to high maintenance?"
"I also haven't seen you out of business attire."
"I'm literally wearing leather pants right now." I said.
"Exactly my point. Just like you haven't seen me in casual clothes until tonight, I haven't seen you in them either."
"Still confused as to how clothes equate high maintenance. Where did you draw that conclusion from? Are you sure you're a lawyer? Where did you get your degree from?"
"Wow." He dragged it out with a laugh. I giggled as well. "Okay, fine. But what I was trying to get at is that the both of us are very similar, so if I'm high maintenance, so are you."
"Much better than you claiming I'm high maintenance just because I wear high heels to work which is where you always see me."
"Okay, wait, if we're not going off appearance, then what makes you think I'm high maintenance?"
"Okay, so first, your standards are super high with everything you do."
"And that's a bad thing?"
"Never said that."
"Then how am I high maintenance?"
"Would you let me get to the point? And I never said being high maintenance was a bad thing."
"It always has a negative connotation to it." He pointed out.
"Well I don't think it has to be negative. Especially in your case." I said.
"Now I'm curious. Continue." He sipped his drink and quieted down.
"Well, you're put together at all times. Even casual you look so suave. Your hair is always on point. I mean, I didn't even know what color your hair was because you're on top of that shit." I said. He smiled. "You always go to the best places and order the best things on the menu. You know how to hold a room by just walking in. You just have this presence about you that make people shut up and listen."
"Aw, thank you." He said, placing a hand on his chest. "But I kind of feel like we're straying far away from what the actual definition of high maintenance is."
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "This is my definition."
"Then continue." He said. I took a sip before doing just that.
"Just by looking at you, people know not to fuck around. You won't settle for mediocre, and although you are a tad bit egotistical, you're not an asshole so you get a pass."
"I didn't know you were so in love with me, wow."
"Yup, and there it is." I said. He laughed. "There's a reason I have you saved as "cocky fucker" in my phone."
"I'm joking." He said. "But, wait, are you for real?" I ignored him and sipped on my drink. He frowned and I couldn't help but laugh. "Moving on. With your definition of high maintenance which I honestly just think means respected and confident – but you're clearly tipsy so we'll let it go - I think you're the same way in all honesty." I shook my head.
"I don't have the power you do. I always get overlooked in the room." I focused on the various bottles on the shelves behind the bar. "Looked down on, spoke over, disregarded. I literally have to fight to get attention."
"It may seem like that to you, but I don't think that's true." He said. I scoffed and sipped on my drink, still not looking in his direction. "I'm being serious. I noticed you right away when you walked into the club that night. And every time we are in a room, I see the way people look at you. And you have so much power when you speak."
"I have to force it because if I was any more lax with my words, it's like I wasn't even in the room." I finally met his gaze. "Being a woman isn't easy in the corporate world. Nowhere for that matter. We're always having to fight without being "too aggressive" because then that just starts a whole slew of other bullshit even though we don't get seen otherwise."
"Damn, I really didn't know it was like that." He said, biting the inside of his lip. I shrugged.
"Don't know it until you live it."
"Well, if it means anything, I notice you. I hear you and see you." He smiled softly. "And I will continue to do my best to make sure other people do too."
"Thanks Baek." I smiled back. He was really sweet.
"Baek? That's new."
"Have I never called you that?" I scrunched my eyebrows.
"Not that I've ever heard."
"Huh. Must have just been in my head then."
"Ah, so I'm on your mind too? Didn't know I had that effect."
"Oh my gosh, go away." I groaned while he laughed.

Baekhyun was great company. I knew this already, but this night just solidified it. Our coffee breaks were one thing but there was something about being off the clock that made it seem like a whole different ball game. While at work, it was as if we still had to keep some type of professionalism and we were confined to a time limit. Now, with alcohol in our systems, there were no holds barred.

As I was returning from the restroom, I had every intention to ask Baekhyun to dance, just to mess with him. He didn't look like a dancer, but looked like he could hold his own with a little two-step. I was curious. However, that plan was thwarted when a man stopped in front of me, blocking me from getting to my destination. I was way too tipsy for this. I already had to think too hard to keep my balance in my heels and my vision was already steadily going out of focus.
"Hey beautiful. What's your name?" He asked. I blinked at him, looking down some because he was a bit shorter than me. His face wasn't registering so I couldn't tell if I thought he was attractive or not.
"Excuse me." I tried to get around him but he stepped in my path again.
"Whoa, hold on. Can we talk for a minute?" He asked. "I can get you a drink and we can chat a bit."
"I'm with someone." I said.
"Oh yeah? I don't see anyone around."
"Because I was on my way back to him before you got in my way." I said. "And even if you didn't see him, it doesn't mean he's not here."
"I think you're just making it up like all girls do."
"Right, okay." I scoffed and tried to move, yet again, he stopped me.
"You don't always have to make stuff up."
"First of all, I'm not making anything up. Second, even if I were, what the fuck does it matter? Can you take a hint and move out of my way?"
"You don't have to be rude."
"And you don't need to keep talking to me. I was being nice at first but now I don't have the patience. Excuse me."
"Girls like you are always so damn stuck up for no reason." He snarled. "Bougie as hell, thinking you can come in here and act better than everyone else when you're not even that cute. This is why you're going to end up single for the rest of your life." I opened my mouth to speak but another voice spoke before I could.
"Is there a problem here?" Baekhyun came around the man, also looking down at him.
"Not your concern." The man scoffed.
"It definitely is." He came beside me and slipped an arm around my waist. I was grateful for him steadying me because I felt close to tipping over soon. "Especially if I heard what you just said correctly." There was a slight growl to his tone and an intense look on his face. It was like his lawyer face when he was ready to chew someone up and spit them out, but more vicious. Something I've never seen.
"Oh, so this is the dude you're "with"?" The man said almost mockingly.
"It is. Now I'm going to ask again, is there a problem?" He enunciated each work and it sounded scary coming out of his mouth. I saw the man falter some. I put a hand on Baekhyun's chest to hopefully calm him some. I didn't peg him for a fighter, but I wasn't willing to find out. It wasn't worth it.
"No problem here." The man held up his hands.
"Good. Now apologize." The man looked as if he was going to protest but Baekhyun rose a challenging eyebrow at him. The man let out a sigh.
"My bad. I didn't mean any harm." He said begrudgingly.
"Not that you will ever get the change, but if you ever say some shit like that again or come near her, we will have a problem." He glared at the man before guiding me away, still keeping his arm protectively around my waist. Once we were back to where we were seated, he came around me and I saw he was still staring over my shoulder at the man we left behind. I watched as his face went in and out of focus until he stood before me, both hands on my hips. "Are you okay?" He peeled his glare away and looked at me with a much softer expression.
"Yeah. I'm good. Thanks for that." I said, appreciatively. He nodded.
"I thought he was just trying his luck but when I saw your face, I knew something wasn't right." He said. "I'm glad I came over."
"Sad to say, but it's nothing new." I shrugged. He looked perplexed. His eyebrows furrowed as if he was having an internal struggle. He seemed to give up with a soft sigh.
"Do you want to get out of here? I think it's time to call it."
"Yeah, sure." I said. It was probably a good idea to get going before I wanted to have another drink and end up with a worse hangover than what was already waiting for me in the morning.

He ordered a ride for us and opened the door for me when it arrived before sliding in after me. I rested my head back in the expensive leather seats and closed my eyes momentarily before letting my head lull to the side to meet his gaze.
"You okay?" He asked, looking mildly concerned. I nodded and a mischievous smile crept across my face, making his puzzled expression deepen.
"High maintenance." I mouthed. He deadpanned then scoffed. I couldn't hold back my laughter.
"I like comfort."
"Honda's are comfortable too."
"I take it back. I don't want to be your friend anymore." He pouted as he stared at the headrest in front of him.
"I know you are not pouting right now." I said with a raised eyebrow. He stuck out his lower lip further to exaggerate it. I laughed harder.
"Wow, laughing because you hurt my feelings."
"How did that hurt your feelings? I told you it's not a bad thing in your case." I said. "Plus, you said that we're the same so that would just mean I'm insulting myself and that is something I do not do." He peeked over at me for a moment before giving in with a "fine". I giggled to myself and shifted in my seat, letting my head slide until it rested comfortably on his shoulder.
"Thanks for tonight Baek." I hummed. "I really appreciate it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 1.6K 15
(EXO-K x APink Fanfiction) When a group of girls and boys were hating each other,a war had began.Just because of a small matter,they bought it became...
264K 11.2K 57
"No one can have the luxury of loving without getting hurt.." - tinkerbell_byun04 (2018) -*-*- [COMPLETED] January 2018 ~ Novembe...
Would u By Mikky_

Fanfiction

1K 49 7
"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe...
1.4K 93 16
I hate this kind of time. When the one that you love don't remembers you anymore. Most sadly, he loves other girl. [ F a n f i c t i o n ] exo series...