Recovery

Autorstwa Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... Więcej

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

24. Side By Side

1.9K 113 35
Autorstwa Laughingwolf78

Izuku has been pouring over countless pieces of information about the surgery his doctor offered for days now, and not just him, his boyfriend too. Katsuki has been even more meticulous about it. He's gone over every report and medical record this guy has, even placed calls to the hospital where Dr Mori works to get any and all information and references he can get his hands on. Katsuki has gone as far as to look into every surgery Dr Mori has performed, checking to see the success or any complications that may have occurred, but he found nothing in the way of negatives, only positive and high success rates.

As emerald eyes graze over all the papers spread out over the table for the hundredth time at least he feels a sense of tension in the back of his neck. As wonderful and promising as this guy sounds he's still now sure, not sure he wants to risk such a major surgery but at the same time he wants to try, to see if this will fix the issue with his legs so he can get back to a normal life.

Izuku sighs, leaning back in his chair and punching the bridge of his nose as he closes his eyes. Suddenly two strong hands land on his shoulders as the blonde begins to massage tight, stress-filled muscles. A smile forms on the greenett's features immediately.

" You alright nerd?", the blonde asks looking down at closed green eyes and fair skin.

Slowly those pretty eyes open as he looks up at the concerned crimson ones studying him.

He smiles.

" Yes Kacchan, just trying to figure this out so I can make a decision. There's so much to consider. Sometimes I feel like I'm close to making a decision but then a doubt or concern will creep into my mind and I have to start all over. It's frustrating."

Katsuki frowns as he takes a seat at the table next to his boyfriend. Green eyes found intense crimson ones.

" What do you think Kacchan?"

Katsuki has been asked that question at least fifty times in the last three days. He's told Izuku what he's thought all fifty. Gave him a list of pros and cons and told him that the final decision had to be his and his alone.

He takes a deep breath, crimson eyes locked onto emerald ones.

" I think we should go out."

Izuku raises a brow.

" What?"

The blonde smirks.

" Go out, I think we should go the fuck on a date, get the hell out of here and away from those damn papers. I think I should take you out so you can relax and let your mind clear, get some distance from this bullshit and then maybe you'll be able to figure it out."

Green eyes go soft as he smiles. This was Katsuki taking care of him even in this way, and he will always feel privileged to have this side of the blonde hero.

Izuku nods.

" Yes, I think that's an awesome idea. I'll go get ready."

Katsuki watches him push his wheelchair down the hall into the bedroom. He sighs looking out the window running a hand through his hair. Honestly, he wants a day out away from thinking about all this. He's turned it over in his mind a million times and though he may not show his already anxious boyfriend, he's just as concerned and conflicted about this decision.

His thoughts break when he hears a gentle but happy voice.

" Ok Kacchan! I'm ready!"

The blonde turns to see Izuku grinning at him. The look makes his own smile come to sharp features. He ruffles green locks.

" Yeah you are, let's go."

A little while later the two are downtown at the city's largest Hero Museum, a place Izuku has always wanted to go.

Green eyes are wide with awe and wonder as the blonde pushes his wheelchair down the many aisles of hero costumes from past and present, along with pictures, articles and other memorabilia from every hero that ever existed. There's tears in those pretty emeralds as he gets overwhelmed by it all.

" Oh my gosh, Kacchan.. this.. this is amazing. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this or.. or what it means that you took me here. I was never able to find the time to get here when I was working! Thank you."

Katsuki grins as they continue to explore the large place.

" I knew your nerdy mind would be blown. I always thought about taking you here, even when I was working away from our town. It's something I always wanted to do with you."

Izuku turns as much as possible to look back and up at the blonde from his chair.

" You did?? Really??"

Katsuki might roll his eyes at his clueless boyfriend who doesn't seem to still understand that Katsuki has loved him from afar for a very long time if the greenett blinking up at him wasn't so goddamn cute.

" Tch. Yes, why is that still so damn surprising for you huh?"

Izuku blushes slightly with a soft laugh.

" I don't know, I'm sorry Kacchan. I guess I still can't believe you're mine."

The blonde stops. He steps in front the Izuku's chair and leans down so he's face to face with the greenett.

Green eyes meet burning crimson. The greenett actually holds his breath because Katsuki will always be intense to him in the best ways.

A slow sexy smirk forms.

" You should definitely believe it. I'm not sure what I gotta do to prove it Deku, I mean fuck, I have your quirk tattooed on my skin and I don't know about you but I sure as fuck don't kiss my friends like this."

With those smoldering words spoke low and slow Katsuki leans in with his large hand on a soft fair cheek and kisses his boyfriend slowly but so powerfully it draws a tear from green eyes. They stay lost in that moment for as long as they possibly can.

When Katsuki pulls away with a smirk seeing love-drunk eyes he knows he proved his point.

But that smirk is quickly replaced by a deep burning scowl when he spots a familiar face standing now far away, a face who is looking at them with a look of anger.

Slowly a new smirk forms as he stands straight and turns the greenetts chair around.

" What's the matter Round Face? Cat got your fucking tongue? Or did you see something that upset you?", Katsuki practically sneers.

Izuku is surprised, not having any idea she was standing there and not having seen her in months.

" Ochaco! Hi, I didn't know you were here!"

She meets his eye trying to smile but no words seem to come.

Katsuki glares.

" What's the matter Pink Cheeks? Nothing to fucking say to him? I mean probably not since you hid your God damn face until it was more comfortable for you, but I mean here he is, supposed to be your best friend right? You should definitely come say hi, or hey, maybe you should congratulate us on being a couple. Oh shit, you probably didn't know that huh? Till you just saw that kiss. You didn't miss that part right? Cause I'd be glad to give you a replay.", anger seethes from each word to a girl he's always loathed

She gives him a nasty look as Izuku looks nervously between them. He know how Katsuki feels, how he's always felt about her.

Uraraka ignores the taunt as she takes a step closer.

" Hi Deku. It's good to see you. I was by a few weeks ago but Bakugo sent me away like I told you. We should hang out one night. I've heard you can walk by using your quirks! That's amazing. We should do something fun now!"

Izuku studies her for a minute, taking in what she's saying before he speaks up.

" Um, yeah, but .. why do you want to hang out now? Why not months ago?"

Her smile falls.

" What do you mean?"

He sighs.

" I mean why do you want to all the sudden? Like now that you found out I can walk with my quirks? Why didn't you come hang out in the hospital? Or when all I could use is my chair? Were you embarrassed?"

The words stun her and she isn't sure how to respond.

" Deku.. n-no that's not it."

He eyes her.

" Then why? Cause you're jealous of Kacchan? Because you want to annoy him?"

She scowls.

" No its not that either."

"Honestly, I don't even think I want to know, mostly because I think I already do. Kacchan was right, right about you not making the time to visit me when I was at my worst, when I needed all my friends. My real friends showed up, you hid. Kacchan came home to help me recover and I wouldn't be as far as I am without him. I.. I have nothing more to say to you right now, except I'm really disappointed."

Katsuki doesn't say a word, because he doesn't need to, every word needed to be said just was and he's so fucking proud.

Uraraka doesn't know what to say as she stands there embarrassed by her own actions.

She nods at the greenett and tosses a glare at the blonde hero and then she gone.

Katsuki glances down at his boyfriend placing a hand on his shoulder.

" You ok Deku? Believe it or not I am fucking sorry. I know you considered her a friend even if I couldn't stand her."

Green eyes meet his boyfriend's as the greenett smiles gently.

" I'm ok, I ment it when I said I was disappointed but I am ok. You were right, and she was trying to ease her own guilt. I don't need a friend like that."

Katsuki crouches down and gives him a quick kiss.

" I'm proud of you Deku. In more ways that you understand, that what you just did, calling her out on her bullshit is never easy. Come on, let's head to the gift shop, I'll buy you all the All Might shit we can find.", he smirks as he begins to push the greenetts chair.

Izuku smiles wide.

" Ok! But I want all the DynaMight stuff too! Like all of it!"

Katsuki chuckles.

" You have the real God damn thing nerd, but yeah ok."

An hour later they are leaving with bags of merchandise loaded onto the greenetts lap. The smile on Izuku's face is worth every penny Katsuki just spent on his own damn merchandise and he knows he'll probably do it again.

After a dinner out where Izuku happily chatted with excitement the whole time while the blonde grinned and listened to every word the two are finally home after the whole day out.

The couple is now seated on the couch with the lights down watching a movie while Izuku holds his new DynaMight plush in one arm and holds his boyfriend's hand tightly with the other.

The greenett has his head resting on the blonde's shoulder as they watch but his thoughts are far away.

He listens comfortably to his boyfriend who is quietly chewing on popcorn that's in a large bowl on the coffee table. He isn't sure why but something about the steady rhythm of the sound and Katsuki's strong jaw movement brings him an odd sense of comfort.

Finally green eyes shift up to a strong profile.

" I'm going to do it"

Crimson eyes snap down to see emeralds looking up at him.

Katsuki grabs the remote and mutes the TV.

" What?"

Izuku smiles.

" The surgery, I'm going to do it. I finally made my decision."

Katsuki feels a wash of nerves at first.

" Yeah? You sure? I mean we can talk about it a few more days?"

Izuku shakes his head no.

" No, I'm sure. I need to try or I'm always going to wonder if it would have worked. If God forbid something happens where it doesn't work and I still can't move my legs without my quirk I'm no worse off than I am now right?"

A smile of pride rises on the blonde.

" That's right."

Izuku glances down at the blonde's hand, playing with Katsuki's large fingers.

" I have your support right? And.. and you'll stick by me no matter what happens?"

The blonde slides those large fingers under a perfect fair-skinned chin and lifts his face to meet steady loving crimson eyes.

" Right by your fucking side no matter what happens. Either way I'm right here and I'm not leaving. The Wonder Duo Deku, side by fucking side always."

A/N

Our tale continues!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

20.9K 541 13
Despite a large age gap, Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya were extremely close. Their personalities thought to clash, developed to complement each...
1.1M 30.1K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
91.8K 4K 39
Katsuki Bakugo was your average man. He worked as a debt collector in an office, had an apartment, a good fuck buddy, and great friends. What he didn...
252K 10.3K 51
Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his musical talent is not limited to just the...