RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

Bởi ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... Xem Thêm

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 40

180 4 0
Bởi ZANE_555

All Y/N can see, and feel was complete darkness. To him, it almost feels like he's floating on in an endless darkness. Then suddenly, a faint light appeared in the distance, catching his attention. The light gets brighter and brighter, growing larger as it approached him. Soon enough, the brightness enveloped everything. Unable to move, Y/N can just watch this as he slowly feels some stinging pain around his body. The bright light begins to fade away along with the stinging pain. Y/N blinked and found himself in the same darkness before he notices two individuals approaching him from it. One of them is a woman in a white cloak, which hides the top part of her face. The other is a familiar face clad in familiar gold lined armor, shield and spear, red hair, and green eyes. When he laid his eyes on her, his eyes immediately began to tear up. 

Y/N #1: "I... I can't believe it... it's you."

Pyrrha: "It's nice to see you again, Y/N."

Y/N tries to move to give her a hug but is unable to move only to shift his eyes a bit. Seeing this, Pyrrha goes to hug him instead as tears roll down on his eyes. 

Y/N #1: "I'm so... so sorry, Pyrrha... it's my fault... I couldn't save you... I couldn't stop Cinder... I was powerless and-"

Pyrrha: "Don't blame yourself, Y/N... because I don't and nor will the others either."

A couple moments of silence hugging, Pyrrha pulls away from him, standing beside Summer. 

Y/N #1: "W-Where am I? How are you even here?"

Before she can respond, Pyrrha gestures to the environment around them.

Pyrrha: "We're in the realm of your subconscious."

Y/N #1: "Subconscious? Am I... dead?"

Pyrrha: "No... at least... not yet."

Y/N #1: "If you've been here, how come you've never said anything?"

This is when Summer chimes in. 

Summer: "It's almost impossible to reach your conscious mind from your subconscious."

Y/N #1: "Huh?"

Pyrrha: "It appears I'm confined to this space in the back of your mind so we try to help in whatever little way we can, like... waking you up from a bad dream."

Y/N #1: "So, every time I've been spring up awake from those nightmares."

Summer: "That was us."

Y/N #1: "How... how are you existing inside of my mind?"

Pyrrha: "To be honest, I don't really know myself. One moment I could feel the arrow bringing through my chest, there was a bright orange light, then darkness. Next thing I knew, I met Summer here."

Still standing beside her, the smiling Summer lightly waves at Y/N. 

Pyrrha: "It's because of your power, Y/N. That encounter you had with Salem. Your power that came from you and your sword... you unleashed them that night."

Y/N then turns to look at Summer.

Y/N #1: "Is that why you saved me?"

Summer: "Yes. You and what little fragment of Pyrrha's soul I can grab."

Y/N #1: "You think this has something to do with her magic? Like splitting me into four beings."

Summer: "To be honest... I'm not sure. I just told Pyrrha what I knew."

Pyrrha: "She told me everything... about Salem... that she can use magic and that she needs to be stopped."

Y/N #1: "I know... it's just... I feel like no matter what I do... it's never good enough... that I'm weak to do... anything..."

Y/N just sighs deeply as he responds.

Y/N #1: "There's so much of my power I don't know about... Grimm Slayer too... how am I supposed to defeat Salem and her forces? I... I sometimes wonder... if I'm not strong enough... w-what if... I'm... powerless..."

As he said this, Y/N shift his gaze to himself as his left arm begins to appear as that of a Grimm and soon enough his right arm starts to materialize to that of a Grimm arm as well. Pyrrha goes to place her hands on his shoulders.

Pyrrha: "That's not true, Y/N. You're so much stronger than you think. I can tell that you've been through a lot but, that won't stop you."

This is when his arms quickly revert back to normal. 

Summer: "She's right. You might not know about your power, but you manage to fend off Salem and that said a lot."

Y/N #1: "Have... have you tried to defeat her?"

Summer goes quiet, not responding to that question as Pyrrha chimes in. 

Pyrrha: "You need to believe in your strength. Your power. Jaune and the others believe in you and so do I."

As she said this, Pyrrha goes to kiss him on the lips, much to his brief surprise. They stay like this for several seconds before Pyrrha parting ways. 

Pyrrha: "It's time for you to go. You're waking up."

Y/N #1: "W-What? No, no, no. C-Can't you come with me? Pyrrha, everyone misses you. S-Summer, your daughters-"

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry, Y/N. But we can't. All we could do is dwell in your subconscious."

Summer: "This will probably the last time we meet in a long time. At least this time, we can say goodbye to you properly now."

Y/N #1: "No... no! T-This isn't fair!"

Pyrrha: "It has to be like this. Nothing comes easy in this path we've chosen to walk... but we walk it anyway. Because we believe in the cause we're fighting for. To save lives. To stop Salem and her forces from wiping all life on Remnant. To protect the ones we care about..."

Before she continues, Pyrrha goes to kiss Y/N once more before quickly separating. She backs up and now stand beside Summer as the two waves at Y/N.

Pyrrha: "Goodbye, Y/N... I love you."

Eyes widen, Y/N wants to move to go to them, but no matter what he did, he's kept in place as the darkness around them begins to slowly engulf the two.

Pyrrha: "Please... don't give in to Salem's temptation... protect and take care of everyone for my sake... and for yours..."

Y/N #1: "P-Please... no... come back... don't go...!"

Summer: "Remember, Y/N... keep living... keep fighting... and don't ever stop holding back... until Salem, her forces, and the Grimm are defeated."

And with that, the two are swallowed by the darkness behind them as Y/N look on in shock as a bright white light appears behind him as it slowly engulfs him. He could only cry out with all his might as his Grimm arms appear once more.

Y/N #1: "NOOOO!!!"

The last thing he could see is arms, fully Grimm as all he could see now is the bright white light and hear the faint cry of the petrified Wyvern as its overshadowed by the roar of the Grimm Dragon from his Grimm Slayer.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Haven Academy, Several Minutes Ago)

Cinder looms over Y/N's unconscious body with her blade in hand as she looks at his several injuries on his back that she caused. Retrieving back her weapons, Emerald retreats to Cinder's side as she stares at the knocked-out and injured Y/N. She speaks up quietly.

Emerald: "T-This is bad. I thought w-we weren't meant to go after him, much less kill him."

Cinder just shrugs off her lackey's concern. 

Cinder: "Well, 'I' didn't kill him. He just got in the way. I'm sure Salem will understand. Besides, why does she want 'his' power so much when she already has me?"

Emerald: "W-What about Christina?"

Cinder: "What about her? Darius failed to kill him back in Vale and died in the process so, I wouldn't be surprised if she were to fail as well. 

Emerald: "W-Well... I mean..."

Cinder: "Hmph. That masked bitch can wait for her turn in making him suffer, because it's my turn."

As she said this, Cinder raises her blade, and aiming at Y/N's left arm with a small smirk. This is when Hazel walks over to them as he chimes in and stopping Cinder from stabbing Y/N's left arm by grabbing her wrist.

Hazel: "This wasn't the plan, Cinder. We're not supposed to harm the boy."

The one-eyed Fall Maiden retorts back, scowling at him. 

Cinder: "Well, Salem said she wants him alive, but he doesn't necessarily need to be in one piece, now does he?"

Hazel: "Salem and Christina would not approve of this. Focus on the task at hand in getting the relic. Keep your petty revenge to yourself."

Reluctantly, Cinder groans and yields as she pulls her foot away from Y/N's back and Hazel letting go of her wrist as he walks off. 

Cinder: "Tch. I already know, Mr. Newest Addition to the group."

During this, while Jaune and Ruby gathered around Weiss's unconscious body, wondering what to do with her wound, Ruby spots Y/N's unconscious body and Hazel approaching them to their direction. With eyes widen, Ruby speaks up.

Ruby: "Jaune..."

Jaune: "W-What is-?"

He's cut off upon seeing Y/N's body and Hazel getting closer and closer to them. All he could is stare in utter shock at seeing this as Hazel speaks to them.

Hazel: "Are you ready to surrender now?"

Ruby, still shocked, gets up from her spot as she addresses to Jaune.

Ruby: "Jaune, take care of Weiss for me."

After saying that, Ruby charges forward, swinging her scythe at the large man as Hazel block her attacks and protect his face with his arms. As she does that, Ruby ponders over Y/N's unconscious body.

Ruby: ("No... no... Y/N... he's not... he can't be...")

Meanwhile, Lionheart is locked in battle with the criminal duo only for one of Raven's portals to open beside Roman. Abruptly, Qrow is flung through the portal and slam into Roman's side, sending them both flying over the main balcony's railings. They land in front of Cinder and the still-shocked Emerald, and both have a moment of surprise at seeing Roman of all people. 

Cinder: "Didn't you die?"

Exhausted, Roman retorts back.

Roman: "It's a matter of opinion." 

Qrow shift his gaze to the wounded and unconscious Y/N. His eyes widen as turns to look up at Cinder, glaring at her. 

Qrow: "You killed him!"

From above, Neo drops down, seeing Roman in danger and believing Cinder cause Y/N to be in that state, and attempts to stab Cinder only for Cinder to snatch her out of the air and fling her into Roman's side as Qrow tries to get up to take a swing at Cinder. Scoffing at the little reunion, Cinder waves her hand, causing a blast of air to send the criminal duo and Qrow bouncing towards the center of the room. Raven quickly jumps out of the portal and land beside Lionheart. Seeing this, Cinder calls out to them. 

Cinder: "We got the upper hand now! Losing their 'friend' left them in confusion. Let's not waste this chance. Leo! Open the vault."

With a nod, Lionheart goes to do what he's instructed. Cinder turns her attention to Mercury who is about to stomp Yang's head in.

Cinder: "Mercury!"

Mercury immediately stops what he was about to do as he turns to face Cinder.

Cinder; "Secure the Spring Maiden first. You can have your fun later."

Rolling his eyes, Mercury complies, assisting the injured and now conscious Vernal to her mother side.

Cinder: ("Okay. Now that's settle, I'll take care of the silver-eyed girl later. And I'm sure Salem and Christina wouldn't mind if Y/N were to lose-")

Her train of thought is interrupted as in the corner of her eye, she spots the red-eyed Y/N, with Grimm Slayer in hand, kneeling as he raises his slightly glowing blade over his head. And with a battle cry, he stabs his blade to the floor, summoning five large red glyphs around him as they brightly conceal the presence of the back and red puddle slowly spreading from Grimm Slayer. A moment later, numerous amounts of Shadow Wolves begin rising and walking out of the puddle and pass the five large and brightly red glyphs over them.

His battle cry catches everyone's attention as before they have time to register, a group of shadow-like wolves surround Y/N completely, leaving everyone in the grand hall in confusion and shock.

Cinder: "What the...?"

Ruby: "Y/N...?"

Before the puddle can spread out from the glyphs above and seeing both of his arms materializing into that of a Grimm, Y/N pulls Grimm Slayer out of the floor. The black and red puddle underneath him quickly fade back into the sword as the red glow around the sword begin to fade. Y/N slowly gets up, his arms reverting to that of a human as he loudly speaks up in an angered tone. 

Y/N #1: "Kill Cinder and her fucking group!!"

The small group of Shadow Wolves roar loudly as they charge after Cinder and her group. The grand hall is now overrun with these shadow-like wolves with most of them attacking Cinder, slashing, biting, and even kicking. As he makes the large red glyphs vanish from sight, the exhausted and wounded Y/N walks over to Jaune and the unconscious Weiss with his summoned beasts keeping his enemies preoccupied. 

Y/N #1: ("It seems that... my semblance has evolved... in my circumstance, I can only mimic and amplify three semblances previously... but now, I can mimic and amplify four semblances now. If you count the me with Blake, that makes five semblances I can use.")

Nearby, Ruby is facing off Hazel as a bunch of Shadow Wolves attack him from behind, distracting him as Ruby turns her head to Y/N.

Ruby: "Y/N! You're okay!"

Y/N #1: "I... sure... am..."

Jaune: "But your injuries."

Now standing in front of them, Y/N drops down to one knee as he breathes heavily.

Jaune: "Y-Y/N?"

Y/N #1: "Don't worry about me. Summoning is just part of Weiss's semblance. It took a lot out of me. Anyway, h-how is she doing?"

Jaune looks down at the unconscious Weiss, not responding to Y/N's question, while Y/N slowly crawl to Weiss's side, holding her hand.

Y/N #1: ("Damn it... Damn it... They're going to fucking pay... all of them... every last one of them!!")

Meanwhile, Cinder and her group are preoccupied in defeating the Shadow Wolves, especially Lionheart as he shoots down a couple down just to make it downstairs. This is when he stands before Cinder, Raven, and Vernal standing behind the statue (which hold the main balcony) with Cinder killing a few with some fire balls and Raven slicing one in half. As those Shadow Wolves evaporates, Cinder turns to look at the shocked Lionheart.

Cinder: "Don't just stand there! Hurry and open the damn Vault!"

Leo scrambles get his pocket watch and places it in a small niche on the 00statue. The hands on the watch gradually spin faster and the statue lowers, revealing an elevator platform. After killing a few more Shadow Wolves with their blades, Cinder, Raven, and Vernal get on the platform as Cinder yells out to her group.

Cinder: "Defend the entrance at all costs!"

Emerald: "C-Cinder..."

Still not quite over the shock of abandonment, Emerald extends a hand to Cinder, but Cinder does or say nothing in response as the lift descends. The green-haired girl comes back to alertness when a Shadow Wolf goes to attack her, biting at her arm. In retaliation, she use one of her pistols to shoot its head a few times before it finally kills it, dissolving from sight. Taking down a couple of Shadow Wolves, Mercury begins to feel tired as he goes to finish off Yang, who is stumbling to her feet. Neo untangle herself from Roman's side, is still in awe at seeing these Shadow Wolves attacking Cinder's group all over the grand hall. Her attention is then shifted to Yang trying to get up as Mercury prepares to kick, making Neo to rush over to her side. 

Mercury: "End of the line, Blondie."

He goes to kick Yang, who just stand on one knee only for Yang to shatter into shards of glass. Behind him, Neo holds Yang to her side defensively and before Mercury can turn around, a couple of Shadow Wolves charge after him, keeping Mercury preoccupied as Yang slowly stands up, glancing at Neo.

Yang: "Thanks for the assist, Neo..."

The blonde girl pats her on the shoulder as she continues speaking.

Yang: "But I can handle this."

Neo looks at her with doubt in her heterochromia eyes, until she sees a glimmer of a toothy smile on Yang's face and a flicker of flame on her hair as she speaks once more.

Yang: "If Y/N can do all of that while still tired, then I can do the same."

Upon saying this, her eyes turn red as she slams her fists together before charging after the preoccupied Mercury, who manage to kick away one of the Shadow Wolves only to get punch in the back by Yang's robotic fist. 

The small group of Shadow Wolves begins to slowly dwindle as most of them are taken down by Hazel and Cinder previously. Shooting down a Shadow Wolf, Lionheart turns to look at Y/N and Jaune gathering around the still unconscious Weiss as nearby, Hazel kills a few of the wolves and continue his fight with Ruby. The lion Faunus yells out to him.

Lionheart: "Don't bother with the children! Ozpin is here!"

As he said this, Leo points to the recovering Roman with Qrow a couple feet away from as the huntsman is beginning to regain consciousness. Staring at Roman, Hazel turns to Lionheart.

Hazel: "Thank you for telling me."

And with that, Hazel pulls back from the fight as Ruby does the same as she turns to look at Jaune and the injured Y/N around Weiss's unconscious body. Hazel glares at Roman, who just got back up on his feet as Hazel screams out.

Hazel: "OZPIN!!!"

After violently punching a couple of attacking Shadow Wolves away from him, Hazel then tears his sleeves off his shirt in a growing rage. Reaching into his pouches, Hazel draws several dust crystals and jams them into his biceps, infusing himself with pure dust energy. Roman looks to the large man, visibly horrified as he then asks Ozpin.

Roman: "What the hell did you do to piss him off?!"

Slowly, Ozpin replies back.

Ozpin: "That man in front of you is Hazel Rainart, brother of Magnus Rainart."

Hazel starts charging at the crime boss, bulldozing through several Shadow Wolves as Roman screams out.

Roman: "And who the hell is that?!"

The crime boss tries to scramble away but, Hazel's charge is successful as he manages to grab Roman's face and slam him to a nearby pillar, cracking it in the process just as Ozpin answers back.

Ozpin: "He was my host before you. The one I embody as Beacon's headmaster."

Roman blinks, giving a revelatory and deadpan "oh" as Hazel slams his fist into Roman's stomach. Nearby, Neo watches this, visibly horrified. Yang keeps her focus on Mercury, who is starting to circle again. The blonde girl shoves Neo away as she speaks up.

Yang: "Go and help him out. I got this."

The mute girl gives a grateful nod as she rushes over to Roman's side just as Mercury jumps forward to roundhouse kick Yang only for Yang to block it with her Ember Celica. Soon enough, they continue their fight, exchanging blow after blow as a few Shadow Wolves charge after Mercury, teeth and claws at their disposal. 

Ruby watches as Neo engage the enraged Hazel in combat, striking him with her hidden blade as Hazel just block it with one of his arms. The red-hooded girl shifts her attention to Weiss, still remaining unconscious and then to Jaune and the red-eyed Y/N.

Ruby: "How is she doing?"

Y/N does say anything, holding Weiss's hand tightly as he grit his teeth. As for Jaune, he tries to respond.

Jaune: "She... we got to-n-no... I-I don't... I don't-"

Ruby: "Jaune, calm down."

Y/N #1: "We don't know what to do... what the hell can we do?"

Ruby: "We have to do something-!"

She's cut off by Jaune resting his hands on Ruby's and Y/N's shoulder, much to their short surprise. They see the tears coming down on his face and the blood on his palms as his voice is trembling. 

Jaune: "N-Not like Pyrrha... not again... please, not again..."

And for a moment, the aura around his hands flash white as both Ruby and Y/N are visibly relieved as their aura seemingly strengthens, glowing red where he grabs them. 

Y/N #1: "What the... Jaune... did you...?"

Ruby pulls away and grabs Jaune's wrists, looking at them in shock along with Y/N and Jaune himself. 

Jaune: "What... did I...?"

Ruby then turns to the unconscious Weiss. She thinks for a moment before Ruby presses Jaune's hand down on Weiss's wound. 

Ruby: "Jaune, whatever you just did, don't stop."

Jaune is utter confused but, Ruby is firm in her direction and Jaune begins to focus as Y/N, still in awe, speaks up.

Y/N #1: "Oh my gods... you unlocked your semblance, Jaune."

Jaune: "My... semblance...?"

Ruby: "How else do you think you're healing her?"

Jaune looks down at Weiss once more, shaking his head.

Jaune: "N-No, I don't think I'm healing her. Our aura heals our bodies. It feels more like I'm using my aura to amplify hers."

Y/N also looks down at Weiss, seeing a white aura starts to coat over her body.

Y/N #1: "Aren't you worried about running out?"

Jaune just smiles at them.

Jaune: "Pyrrha once told me that I've got a lot of aura. I still believe her."

Y/N #1: ("Pyrrha...") "Take care of Weiss for us, Jaune."

Jaune: "You got it, pal."

Sensing Jaune's now unlocked semblance, Y/N mimic Jaune's semblance as he places his right hand on his left shoulder. Soon enough, his aura is amplified, healing the injuries on his back fully. 

Ruby: "You feel better, Y/N?"

With a sigh of relief, Y/N turns to the concern looking Ruby.

Y/N #1: "Yeah, I am."

During this, Jaune absently mutters to himself.

Jaune: "Fo it is in passing that we achieve immortality."

Both Ruby and Y/N stands up and turn to the fighting before them, glaring at the elevators that lead to the Vault. They also spot the last remaining Shadow Wolves killed off by Hazel and Mercury. Qrow stands beside them, brushing off his shirt and glaring at Lionheart.

Qrow: "How you kids holding up?"

Ruby: "I've never been this angry in my entire life."

This just makes Qrow laugh bitterly.

Qrow: "Welcome to Oz's inner circle."

The huntsman takes out his flask and showing it to his niece.

Qrow: "Drink?"

Ruby just pushes it away, merely replying back.

Ruby: "No, Qrow."

Qrow then holds out his flask to Y/N.

Qrow: "You want some, kid?"

Y/N #1: "No, I want revenge."

The two then walks over Lionheart and the only now recovering Emerald with their weapons in hand. The huntsman shrugs it off and takes a drink and follows after them. Jaune, meanwhile, keeps his eyes locked to Weiss and her wound that he's healing but, glances to watch Ruby, Y/N, and Qrow walk back into the fray. He looks down to Weiss, whose wound is beginning to seal but, hasn't done so completely as he hears her lightly gasps and start to visibly breathe. Gritting his teeth, Jaune takes a risk and grabs Weiss by her arms, dragging her through the doors to the classrooms on the right side of the school, thinking that's where Nora and Ren are. As he gets her out of the line of fire, Weiss slowly begins to speak, barely having her eyes open.

Weiss: "J-Jaune... what's... happening?"

Jaune is joyful upon hearing her voice as he quickly responds.

Jaune: "You took a heavy hit, you need to stay with me while the others fight.

Weiss: "That's... annoying."

The blonde boy can't help but smile that she's regaining consciousness. 

Jaune: "Heh, good to have you back, Weiss."

As he said this, Jaune manage to drag Weiss over to the right side of the school where he also finds both Ren and Nora unconscious in one of the classrooms.

(A Couple Moments Later)

During this, just outside of Haven Academy, the White Fang are continuing to set the campus on fire. Adam watches the buildings burning, savoring in the moment of his victory when two Mistralian police officers rush in to the scene, weapons drawn.

Mistralian Police Officer #22: "Freeze!"

Mistralian Police Officer #23: "You're under arrest!"

Only sparing them a glance, Adam waves it off, gesturing his troops to cut in, which they do, brutally gunning the two officers down. Unbeknownst to him and his troops, Sun and Ilia are hiding around the corner of one of the buildings as they watched the brutality unfold. Both are horrified but, turns to each other as Ilia speaks in quiet tone.

Ilia: "What can we do? The two of us can't take on an entire army."

Sun puts a thumb to his chin and ponders for a moment before eventually responding back.

Sun: "You might not be very good at taking on armies but, I got a little more experience in that department."

Ilia: "Huh?"

Sun confidently stands up as Ilia asks. 

Ilia: "What are you planning to do?"

Sun: "I'm doing what I always do. Steal the scene."

Ilia: "What?"

The monkey Faunus turns his head to Ilia, giving her a wink before running out into the open. He jumps to a nearby patrol of two White Fang troops, decking one of them in the face and pulling the hood over the other's head. As he jumps off from them several feet away, Sun waves at the two recovering troops.

Sun: "Hey, catch me if you can!"

Upon saying that, Sun dashes away as the two troops glares at him before one of them shouts to their nearby comrades.

White Fang Member #25: "We got a runner! After him!"

And with that, Sun manages to pull the attention of an entire assembled force chasing after him. Ilia watches him and his actions, completely baffled by it before looking at the CCT tower. With a sigh, Ilia becomes resolute as she sneaks her way over to the top of the tower.

Ilia: ("Thanks, Sun. Now, I can do this.")

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

7.8K 47 22
This will be my second attempt at writing a fanfic involving an oc of my own and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and my second attempt at writing a fanfic i...
12.4K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...
156K 3.5K 71
he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any pictures in this fanfiction)
339K 2.4K 16
This was a story idea that popped in me and my friends heads and if you want to read his, feel free to. So, there will be a bio of what you will wear...