Girl In Black | Winclair

נכתב על ידי peoplearedominoes

I fell in love with her, the dark gloomy storm cloud, the girl with the middle name intimidating, the girl wh... עוד

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11

6

210 4 0
נכתב על ידי peoplearedominoes

I wake up to a gentle shake of my shoulder and the first thing I see is a mascara stained pillow.

"Sorry about the pillow, and disturbing you last night." I mumble, eyes cast downwards.

"Oh Enid, you've got nothing to be sorry for, do you wanna talk now or just head to class?" Yoko's voice is gentler than normal, she takes the pillow from my hand and sets it to the side as she sits next to me.

"Wednesday didn't show, why would she? She probably didn't even realize it was a date." I attempt a smile as Yoko rubs my back.

"That doesn't excuse her not showing up. Now let's get you freshened up we have Miss. Thornhill's class in a few." Yoko drags me out of bed and I head to the bathroom where I see my red puffy eyes. I try splashing water to make the swelling go down to no use, I know I'll have to sneak into my room to grab some concealer.

"What if we skip?" I call out.

"You've never skipped before." Yoko says handing me a spare uniform.

"You're right, thanks." I offer a smile and she leaves me to get changed.

After stopping by my room real quick and checking that the cost was clear Yoko and I head to class. Sadly enough I'll have to face Wednesday in my first period, not like she'll likely acknowledge me, but I really don't want to watch Xaviar flirt with Wednesday all of class.

"While most plants award their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception. The orchid mimics the female insect luring the males in now that the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in return?" I wonder if that means gay insects are immune, or what if it's a lesbian/bi/pan/ect. female pollinator? Was I a foolish insect that fell victim to the ghost orchid's charm?

"Nada, just like all the guys at the Raven." Biancia quips.

"Alright, I know your all excited for Saturday, so I didn't assign any homework. But I do still need volunteers for the decoration committee." Miss. Thornhill shouted

Yoko and I start packing up our stuff.

"...Or you could ask someone to the dance." I heard Xaviar tell Wednesday. She doesn't respond, just looks at him, but it's more than she's done to me, she hasn't even spared me a glance, just ignored me.

"So you thinking of asking Wednesday to the Raven?" Yoko asks and I look at her quizzingly.

"Why, so I can get stood up again? No, I'll figure something out. If she wants to go with me she can ask. I don't want to be hurt again." I shake my head and Yoko looks at me sympathetically.

"Have you thought about asking anyone?"

"I still got to figure that out as well. Worst case scenario we go as friends." Yoko and I share a smile as we walk out of class.

By lunch the whole school knows Wednesday asked Xaviar to the Raven, and I'm not doing so well. Yoko was with me when we heard the news, yes I the gossip queen was late to finding out my roomie/crush had asked someone to the dance, pathetic. Yoko kept trying to talk to me but I'm falling out of conversations. I can't pay attention.

"Hey, hey!" Yoko shouts, I snap out of my head.

"Repeat the question." I say looking at Yoko.

"Are you okay?" She asks, and I don't know. I'm not feeling so well. I don't want to feel like this.

"Sorry, but I-I need to be alone." I take a few steps back before sprinting up to my room. Thankfully Yoko doesn't try to stop me.

Laying in bed staring at the ceiling, I realize I'm wasting my life on pointless things, like whether or not this girl likes me. The obvious answer is no. She didn't show up to our date and now she asks some guy to the dance, like what the fuck? Does she not give a shit about how I feel? Shaking my head I sit up, I'll find someone else to go to the Raven with me, someone who won't make me feel so shitty. Someone who will make Wednesday feel jealous, though why would she be, she has Xaviar.

Wednesday enters the room, great.

"So, you're going to the dance with Xaviar?" I start.

"Actually I was forced to ask him as an act of self preservation." Wednesday replies as if that makes any sense.

"Of course, hope you two have fun." I give a forced smile.

"I don't understand, why are you becoming upset?" The audacity!

"I don't know Wednesday, why am I? It's not like I asked you on a date just last night which you didn't even bother showing up to. You could have just said no rather than ghosting me." I roll my eyes and try so very hard not to shout.

"What date?" Wednesday asks.

"We were supposed to meet up behind the green house, remember? Everyone knows that you go to makeout behind the green house!" I kept my voice leveled though my tone was quite irksome.

"It's not my fault I can't interpret your emotional morse code." I want to cry!

"You're right, it's not your fault, I could have done more, like being honest about what I want. But that still doesn't excuse not showing up last night even if you didn't know it was a date, you still ditched a friend." I sigh, looking off to the side so as to not be tempted by the ghost orchid again.

"I have a lot on my mind. I need to prioritize." So I wasn't important enough, great, lovely, fantabulous, totally don't want to just break down and cry now.

"You know what Wednesday, it's cool, totally fine, have fun with Xaviar at the dance." I shake my head walking out the door, I can't deal with this right now.

Walking out to the quad I bump into Ajax.

"Hey Enid!" Ajax smiles.

"Hey." I try to smile back, but I'm not in the mood.

"What's wrong?" He asks, looking sorta like a confused/sad puppy.

"Wednesday asked Xaviar to the dance." I say.

"I didn't realize that you liked Xaviar." Why is the default straight?

"Not Xaviar." Now he just looks even more confused.

"Did she break your heart? Do you want me to turn her to stone for you?" He asks with an utmost serious expression which is kinda funny to see on his face. I crack a smile.

"No, it's fine, you can't help how you feel right?" I shake my head.

"I guess not. Need a date to the Raven?" Ajax asks as he playfully bumps my shoulder.

"Are you asking?" I laugh.

"I guess I am. Don't worry, just as friends." He wiggles his eyebrows and I laugh again.

"Yeah, sure that will be fun!" We smile at each other as we walk off. At least the dance won't be such a bummer anymore.

I meet up with Yoko and we go dress shopping, by the time we get back to Nevermore there is barely enough time to get ready for the dance. I try to pay no mind to Wednesday but she hands me a jar of honey saying it's from Eugene. That he wants to go to the Raven with me.

Wednesday really gave me a jar of honey from Eugene and asked if I'd be interested in going to the dance with him, when she know, she fucking KNOWS I like her. I just can't. I speedily get dressed and leave the room. I meet up with Ajax and we head to the Raven.

"Enid, digging the pink hair." Ajax says giving me a hug.

"Thanks, I like your beanie." I beam.

"Yo, check it out Wednesday totally busted out of her cocoon." Ajax says pointing across the dance floor. And there she was Wednesday Addams but with Tyler instead of Xaviar. It hurts, and when I see her with him it only gets worse.

"She's so pretty." I sigh, Ajax looks at me confused before his expression softens to a look portraying 'i'm sorry', I smile at him in reassurance. Wednesday walks up to us.

"Enid." Wednesday curtly greets.

"I thought you weren't interested in Ajax." her tone is a bit sharp.

"I thought you were taking Xaviar to the dance." I quip back. She stares hard for a minute but Tyler ushers her away. I turn back to Ajax who is holding his hand over his heart in faux hurt.

"Aw, you don't like me Enid." His voice is playful so I roll my eyes.

"I don't know why she thought I did. I had literally asked her on a date a few hours before she had assumed I like you." I look off to the side while he laughs at me.

"Wait, you asked her on a date, and she then asked Xaviar and Tyler out?" Ajax lifts an eyebrow.

"What's even worse is she said yes, but then didn't show. I confronted her about it later, apparently she hadn't thought it was a date even though I asked her to the back of the green house." I rant and Ajax nods along.

"How could she not realize it was a date when you asked her to THE makeout spot?" Ajax is as confused as I was.

"That's what I said. And she said something about not being able to read my morse code of emotions, like what does that even mean?" I sigh in exacerbation.

"I don't know Enid, we'll have to ask one of our smarter friends." We both start to laugh at that. I look to the side to see Wednesday staring at us, or well me, so I wave, she just continues to stare, so I smile and turn away - back to Ajax.

"What's up with her stare, I thought she wasn't into you?" I hit him in the shoulder and he raises his arms up in mock defense.

"Sorry, sorry, that was insensitive." I roll my eyes at him.

"Who knows what goes on in Wednesday's mind?" I shake my head and we head to the dance floor. Where I bump into Yoko and her date a vampire who I've never met before.

"So you're moving on with Ajax then." Yoko leans into my ear to whisper as we dance.

"This is not a phase or a coming of age, Yoko. Maybe I should be into Ajax, but he's really not my type, I know what I like, which is girls in case you couldn't remember." I state with an eye roll.

"Whoa, pup chill, you've never officially came out for all I knew you could have been bi or pan or something." Yoko has her arms up in surrender. I nod my head

"Yeah, sorry. Ajax and I just came as friends, so who is...?" I ask.

"Oh yeah this is Max-, we met in the nightshades." Yoko says with a smile.

"Oh look Wednesday's taking over the dace floor." Yoko points and I follow her finger, and sure enough Wednesday is going all out on the dance floor, but Tyler's not matching her energy. I give a quick wave to Yoko as I join Wednesday in her crazy dance moves. I try following along at first, but seeing as I can't predict her I just start my own crazy dance moves and I swear I could see a ghost of a smile on her face, so I full out grin.

"You're so beautiful, like a deadly ghost orchid, and if you're luring me into a trap, I'll gladly fall for it." A faint blush dusts Wednesday's cheeks causing me to grin like a maniac. 

I grab Wednesday's arms and spin her around. When all of the sudden red rained down from the sprinklers. Everyone began to run, but Wednesday smiled.

"They couldn't even sprinkle real pigs blood, it's just paint." Wednesday says after tasting a bit of it.

"Only you would be disappointed about that." I just laugh and shake my head.

"I'm so glad I wore a wig, I'd hate it if I had got something stuck in my hair. If you need help later in the shower to remove the paint just holler." I smile.

"In the shower, Enid?" A blush began to coat my face as I realized what I said.

"I mean if that doesn't make you uncomfortable or anything. I promise to not look or touch anywhere with out permission." I state in a sort of panicked voice.

"I'll keep it in mind." A smirk creeps up her face.

"Can I kiss you?" I ask, voice rash and somewhat desperate. Wednesday leans forward and there we are coated in red paint as we kiss in the middle of the abandoned dance floor with both of our dates who knows where, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

96.4K 1.6K 32
Wednesday Addams had just finished an intense battle with a supernatural pilgrim, her first kiss was the hyde almost killing her.. BUT after all that...
234K 9.7K 54
▌𝒲𝑒𝒹𝓃𝑒𝓈𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝐈. Alluring "I like to think im a bad kisser" "Show me" ───── misfit...
3.1K 99 7
alrighty, so this story had been in my mind for a long time, Wenclair story, more in the first chapter. started: 2024/01/07 finished:-
11.3K 283 22
Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going to be going away anytime soon...will they embrace tho...