The Celestial Chronicles | Bo...

By Decembra1998

For 10,000 years, the Cerkoik, a tyrannical alien race has been on a crusade to conquer the whole universe. L... More

🌕 COPYRIGHT INFORMATION 🌕
🌑 AUTHORS DISCLAIMER 🌑
☀️ PUBLISH DATES 🌑
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
⭐ Characters ⭐
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌑 Prologue ☀️
☀️ Chapter One 🌑
🌑 Chapter Two ☀️
☀️ Chapter Three 🌑
🌑 Chapter Four ☀️
☀️ Chapter Five 🌑
🌑 Chapter Six ☀️
☀️ Chapter Seven 🌑
🌑 Chapter Eight ☀️
☀️ Chapter Nine 🌑
🌑 Chapter Ten ☀️
☀️ Chapter Eleven 🌑
🌑 Chapter Twelve ☀️
☀️ Chapter Thirteen 🌑
☀️ Chapter Fifteen 🌑
🌑 Chapter Sixteen ☀️
☀️ Chapter Seventeen 🌑
🌑 Chapter Eighteen ☀️
☀️ Chapter Nineteen 🌑
🌑 Chapter Twenty ☀️
☀️ Chapter Twenty-One 🌑

🌑 Chapter Fourteen ☀️

20 3 9
By Decembra1998

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Castle of Dragons
______________________

Summer Dawn walked down the hallway, Logan at her hip. "It didn't hit me who she was. I never thought I'd meet the infamous Stephens girl who got banned from SERA. I mean, how does anyone get banned from SERA? What did she do that was so bad to want that?" She inquired, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Logan pushed up his glasses. "From what I could tell, she's got anger issues, so that could be a reason. But, it would have to be something huge, and I don't recall ever hearing about it." He replied, running his hand along the walls.

Summer Dawn shrugged her shoulders and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets. "Eh, either way, it isn't any of our business. Whatever happened is between them and not us, we shouldn't speculate no matter how much it is killing me to know!" She exclaimed, throwing her head back and letting out a groan 

Logan scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "Yeah, it's a brain eater, for sure." He fell silent for a moment before speaking. "How did you feel about Malyla's huge -" He made an explosion noise with his mouth and his hands. "To Luna asking us to be Celestial Guardians?"

Summer Dawn pressed her lips together as she walked beside Logan. "I can see where she is coming from. Unlike us, they're just regular kids who got thrown into the world. Something like this is why we are in Desert Sands Prep Academy. I don't blame her, but she could have been a little nicer to Luna." She frowned at the memory. 

Logan didn't hesitate to nod in agreement with Summer Dawn. "Luna looked upset. Lashing out was wrong, and I'm sure she'll come to realize that and apologize. Luna had a good heart, her intentions were in the right place even if she didn't stop to think that maybe not everyone was on board for it." 

Summer Dawn then had a thought that struck her. "I wonder how Varian got so close to her? I've never seen him look at anyone like he did Luna. I didn't think he'd have that in him. Not that I'm saying he's heartless, but it's surprising." She said as her tone was laced with surprise. 

Logan couldn't believe it either. It was hard to think of Varian like that. "I'm beginning to think Varian is human, although he doesn't normally show those types of emotions. Maybe Luna's personality is rubbing off on him, she seems to have that effect on people." He could only hope that was the case.

Summer Dawn hoped it was the case too because everyone could be like Luna. "All but her sister. Like goodness, Princess Solana is so abrasive. No wonder Varian, Princess Solana, and Malyla butt heads with each other, they're like different sides of the same triangle because they're three of them." She shuddered at the chaos the three of them could cause.

Logan wasn't too fond of any more drama but it was bound to happen. "I would normally enjoy the drama, from a distance, that is. Up close and personal, no way. I have no idea how they are going to survive if they can't work together, you know."

Summer Dawn reached out and pressed the glowing triangle button next to a set of doors. "They'll learn how to, whether they like it or not." She mused as the doors slid open revealing massive training grounds, similar to the side of a football field. 

"Wow," Logan marveled as he stepped through the doors. His eyes scanned the room landing on a set of stairs to his left going up into what looked like a control booth. He made a beeline straight up the stairs. 

Summer Dawn turned her attention to the control booth at a wide range of weapons, which were, unfortunately, under steel criss-cross bars that were locked. "Oh come on!" She huffed, running a hand through her hair. "I don't want to bother Princess Solana about this!"

She relaxed her shoulders and took a deep breath. "There's no need to get worked up," She told herself, turning her attention to the lock. "Hmm, it opens not by a key but by a password," She ducked out the keypad. 

She flicked her eyes up above her in the control booth. "Logan!" She exclaimed, dashing towards the steps and hurriedly climbing them. "Logan," She called his name again.

Logan turned his attention from the board in front of him towards the black-haired girl. "Hey, SD. Look at this," He motioned for her to come over. "This is the control board. It has everything! You can plan out your patience routine with various partners and weapons. They even have a randomizer to make things a bit more difficult." He excitedly explained, pointing them out.

Summer Dawn nodded as her eyes scanned the board. "That's cool," She passively said, getting the gist of the control board. "But it's in Celestine . . . none of us can read it." She pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest.

Logan shrugged his shoulders and pulled up the screen in the middle of the board. "They have pictures. I'm also slowly getting the gist of Celestine. It seems rather easy to learn, it's similar to learning Spanish." He flashed her a smile, feeling prideful about knowing that.

Summer Dawn glanced towards his phone which suddenly lit up beside him. "Hmm, and it couldn't happen because you've been asking Varian to ask Luna what they mean?" She inquired, pointing towards the text that popped up on the screen.

Logan quickly slipped up his phone and shoved it in his pockets, giving an embarrassed chuckle. "Uh, okay, you got me. Varian said it was similar to Spanish since he can speak a ton of languages and would be willing to teach me for a price." He explained, pushing up his glasses.

Summer Dawn's lips curled up into an amused smile. "A price you say? Well, he might not be the best teacher but I don't see the problem." She shrugged and then furrowed her brows. "Wait, I thought you could speak Spanish?"

Logan's eyes grew wide for a moment before his cheeks grew red. "Oh, yeah, I mean, I haven't spoken it in a while so I'm kinda rusty but I never would have put two and two together." He admitted, scratching the side of his head just under his glasses.

Summer Dawn placed her hands on her hips and shifted her weight to her left side. "Good to know but could you please ask Varian to tell you how to find the unlock code for the weapons? I'm dying to use them but they're locked." She exclaimed, making various hand gestures in the air.

Logan pulled out his phone from his pocket and texted Varian. "I texted him. I hope he doesn't think I'm bothering him too much." He felt his heart race every time, perhaps it was the feeling that, at any time, Varian could be insulting. 

He felt his phone buzz signals he had a reply. His eyes scanned the message before tapping away at the screen on the board. "Done," He said triumphantly, pivoting towards Summer Dawn. "It should be open now."

Summer Dawn passively thanked him before dashing out of the booth and down the stairs. She walked up to the wall of weapons and sure enough, the bars had been rolled back allowing her full access. 

"Yes!" She exclaimed, rubbing her hands together with anticipation as her eyes scanned the wall. She hadn't seen most of these weapons, so she went for the ones she knew. They're were your typical swords, scythes, and a plethora of different types of lazer guns? She went exactly sure.

Her eyes zoned in on duel axes. Obsidian black with an intricate design on the blades, similar to those around the castle. She pulled them off the wall and gave them a twirl between her fingers. 'Light but sharp.' She thought, inspecting the blade.

She walked into the middle of the room, still twirling them around her fingers then twirling them around her wrists before holding them at her sides. "Hey, Logan!" She called, learning his attention from the booth. "Give me a sparring partner, particularly one with a longsword." 

Logan scanned the translation that Varian had given him on his phone and searched for the partner and sword she wanted. "Hold on a moment. Still trying to figure this thing out." He called back after having turned on the intercom.

Summer Dawn impatiently waited, tapping her foot on the floor rapidly as she went back to twirling both axes around her wrists, getting use to the weight of them. 'This is going to take forever.' She thought to herself, letting out a huff of air.

Logan successfully found what she wanted, letting out a triumphant cry. He set up the whole program, deciding to go random since combat wasn't his forte. "Okay SD," He called through the intercom. "One sparring partner with a longsword coming right up."

The clicking of gears echoed through the training room. A hole appeared in the floor and a robotic elf-like humanoid with zero futures apart from the glowing blue joints, pointed ears, and a screen-like face with emoticons expressing emotions. In its hand held a long glowing sword that matched the colors of the joints.

Summer Dawn's eyes widened as she watched in awe at the robot. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie, one they were living in. "Whoa," She marveled, as it stepped out of his spot that looked like nothing had come out. 

"All right robotic thingy, let's spar." She flashed an excited smile as she crossed her axes across her and held them to her side. She then moved her feet apart a few inches and looked at the robot with determination. 

The robot didn't move a single joint, nor did a single emotion pop up on its black screen face. It stood straight as a nail, seemingly out of commission. 

Summer Dawn frowned as she looked up to the booth. "Logan, why is it not doing anything?" She called, tapping her foot on the floor. 'And here I was getting my stupid hopes up.' She huffed while blowing her hair from her face.

Logan tapped away at the board in front of him. He pressed every button he could see and kept looking through the window. "I don't know. Varian stopped replying to me." He called back, worry laced in his voice.

Summer Dawn glanced at her watch and sighed. 'This is not my idea of fun.' She thought to herself, looking around the room. She bounced on her heels and then looked back at the robot. "You useless hunk of junk." 

As if it took the insult personally, the robot whirled to life. He suddenly drew its sword and held it out straight. The expression on its face glitched between a blue blank face and a red angry face.

It ended up angry as if launched itself at Summer Dawn swinging wildly, clearly having no set plan of attack. Unpredictable attacks were dangerous, even Summer Dawn understood that.

Summer Dawn quickly blocked its swing with her axes, stumbling back by being caught off guard. "Whoa," She barely managed to push it off of her and tumble rolled away from the robot.

She jumped to her feet and took her stance. 'I did not see that coming. taken by surprise, huh, never in a million years.' She thought as she blocked another swing by the robot and sending her ax into its side. 

The robot's angry expression flickered for a brief moment but the ax simply hit its armored plate. It sent its foot into her stomach, sending her tumbling back on her bottom.

She groaned as her axes slid across the floor. She groaned as she lifted her head and her eyes widened as he dashed for her. "Logan!" She yelled, rolling to her side and grabbing one of her axes. 

She jumped to her feet and barely managed to get her ax to collide with the sword. "Logan somethings wrong!" She yelled once again, for once, panic rising in her chest.

The robot lifted its foot to kick again but Summer Dawn quickly sidestepped out of the way and dove across the ground picking up her other ax. 

She gripped the axes firmly and dashed for the robot who now had another sword. 'How oh earth-' She began to ask herself as she was caught off guard again. She swung her axes at the robot which blocked it with ease, then pushed her back.

She swung up with one and down with the other and the robot blocked one right after the other. It wasn't too bad, a little challenging, it was fun, and the adrenaline surged through her veins.

She managed to push the robot back with each swing and slash. The footwork between the two was almost like a dance back and forth similar to the waltz. The clashing of the metals echoed through the training grounds that drew on for minutes, neither gaining any headway.

She focused on learning its pattern while the robot didn't have a clear plan and just swung wildly. She had noticed the robot didn't move out of the way for swings, it simply blocked it. 

She could use that to her advantage by finding an opening to use a drop kick she learned in taekwondo and hopefully, she could use that opportunity to hack off its head. 'Dad would be proud if I manage to drop kick."

While the robot went for another slash she ducked, quickly rolling away from the robot. It glitched for a few seconds, like it was overheating. She could use that opening for a drop kick if she timed it just right.

She jumped against the wall and launched herself through the air, sending her foot into the robot's back. The robot stumped back and fell onto the ground as she stood on its breastplate and quickly sent her axes into the metal.

The robot brought both swords up inches away from slashing Summer Dawn but the swords fell onto the ground with a clank as its body went limp, powering off.

She breathed heavily, sweat covered her body and dripped from her hair as she stepped back off the robot. "Oh goodness," She mumbled, dropping the axes and falling to her knees. "Oh goodness,"

Logan dashed down the stairs and through the training grounds towards Summer Dawn. "I'm so sorry I couldn't shut it down and I think I glitched out the system and you could have gotten seriously hurt -" He said all in one breath.

Summer Dawn cut him off with a laugh as she ran her hands through her hair. "Chillax Logan, it's fine. It was challenging and fun. Reminds me of Varian when we fought once last year except for one of us and it had to count as a draw." She beamed with a bright smile.

Clapping could be heard from behind the two as Solana walked up to them. "Impressive." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. "When you said you were skilled you were not lying."

Summer Dawn looked over at Solana, taking Logan's hand and getting to her feet. "I'd have no reason to lie since it could easily be proven otherwise." She shrugged her shoulders and picked up the axes from the floor.

Solana pressed her lips into a thin line and rested her hand against her cheek. "You can leave them there. I will have General Nox pick everything up and fix anything anything is -" Her eyes flickered towards the broken robot. "Damaged, not to mention I have to fix everything you damaged in the booth." She turned her attention to Logan.

Logan scratched the back of his head, giving a sheepish look. "Heh, yeah, about that. I was having Varian help me translate things but nothing was working so I kept hitting everything and pressing all sorts of buttons -"

Solana cut him off, not baring to hear anything else. "I get the gist. I would suggest leaving the controls to General Nox from now on until you can learn Celestine," She forced a smile and put her hands behind her back.

Logan gave a little two-finger salute from his forehead into the air. "Okay, will do, Princess Solana." He couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed by his actions but he was helping Summer Dawn.

Solana wasn't exactly pleased since it gave her - well, General Nox more work to do. "Until General Nox can fix it, the training room is closed. You may spar outside or in the palace's training grounds since it is in ruins and should give a challenge."

Summer Dawn perked up at the thought. She could picture it now, so much she could use it to her advantage. "Thanks," She smiled. "I'm going to go take a shower now." She waved towards Logan as she left the room.

Logan looked at Solana and quickly excused himself. "I will go to do some studying or practice my sharpshooting skills with my slingshot." He turned on his heels and dashed after Summer Dawn.

Solana turned her body towards the two as they left and sighed. "Oh, how am I going to handle these humans? Oh Mother, Father, I wish you were here." She whispered to herself, walking out of the room while shaking her head, holding back any emotions.

🌑☀️🌑☀️🌑☀️🌑☀️🌑☀️🌑☀️🌑

A/N: 
Sorry this took so long, I've been busy. I haven't forgotten. I'm just trying to get A Modern Cinderella Story and The Royal Charm Academy finished by the end of the year so bare with me.

Chapter Talk: 
None

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
6.5K 176 31
"Ever since the day you came into my life, I know that you are the one I truly love till the end"- Unknown
1 0 1
快速办理国外原版西悉尼大学毕业证成绩单《Q微1954 292 140》《澳大利亚UWS毕业证书电子版快速办理》《澳洲文凭毕业证定做西悉尼大学毕业证书电子版》 1、西悉尼大学毕业证+成绩单+留学回国人员证明+教育部学历认证(全套留学回国必备证明材料,给父母及亲朋好友一份完美交代); 2、雅思,托福,...
2 0 1
《新西兰本科文凭证书哪里卖怀卡托大学本科毕业证》Q微-1954 292 140《Waikato本科毕业证办》如已删请点开网页快照,办理怀卡托大学真实教育部学位认证,国外假文凭成绩单,假学历,假毕业证,国外假文凭找工作!给家人看! 为留学生提供以下服务: 「真实教育部认证,教育部存档,中国教育部留学...