Valley of the Kings [Monkie K...

By Zion204

"The Valley of the Kings is a place where Thousands of past Rulers are buried in their eternal Sleep. countle... More

Introduction
Valley of the Kings [LMK AU]
Not In the Comfort Zone, And you'll Grow
What Is The Valley?
Inside The Cold Land
The Main Hall and the Statues
The Praying Guardians
Stay Low and dont pick a Fight :)
Valley of the kings Comic Color Pallette Test
The Judgement
Half body Concept Sheet
Valley of the Kings Animatic Trailer
Valley of the Kings Trailer [Scenes]
Valley of the Kings Animatic Scenes Sneek Peek
Valley of the Kings
Animatic Scenes (1)
Animatic Scenes (2)
Animatic Scenes (3)
Dark as Ink but Cold as Ice [Process & Final]
Valley of the Kings Peng [Character Design Sheet]
Valley of the Kings Peng and Nezha [Full body Character Sheet]
Environment Concept Art Test
Valley of the Kings Ao Lie [Full body Character Sheet]
In Between the Light and the World
Where to Read the official Comic?
Valley of the Kings [LMK AU] Hao Ma Full body Character Sheet
Official Valley of the Kings Comic Cover
Prolouge Chapter Insane Panel Sequence
Chapter 1 Favorite Panels [SPOILER FREE]
Chapter 1 and Prolouge Chapter[SPOILER FREE]
Valley of the Kings LMK AU Chapter 2 Cover
The High Lord of Cidar City
VOTK Nezha Drip Marketing
Options Where to read the VOTK AU Comic
Valley of the Kings MK [Full body Character Sheet]
In Between the Light and the World [Speedpaint process]
•Valley of the Kings ANIMATIC Comic Trailer [1]•
Six Eared Macaque [Full Body Character Sheet]
Six Eared Macaque [Mask of the Red Maiden] +Compiled Character Sheet
Chase Down [Valley of the Kings Concept art]
VOTK CHAPTER 3 [COVER]
VOTK Chapter 2 Favorite Panels [1] SPOILER FREE
VOTK Chapter 2 Favorite Panels [2] SPOILER FREE
VOTK Chapter 2 Favorite Panels [3] SPOILER FREE

One Canvas that started a Whole Story

439 9 0
By Zion204

Last Month I'm stuck in the Hospital for Recovery (still remember it) and gladly I Have my Drawing tablet with me as well as my Notes. I was watching a War/action and fantasy series and something just clicked inside my head.

I just love how the movie builds its world and the Character interactions it just Immerses you inside their World.

That's when I Remember watching the LMK season 4 and the 6 Sworn Brothers. But my Attention is on the 3 which is The Azure Lion, Yellow Tusk and the Golden Winged Eagle; I'm a Chinese Geek myself and Just finished reading volume 2 of Journey to the west so seeing these 3 in my favorite show is really A golden Candy in the eye.

I love all of the characters in LMK Especially The villains. The creators really Put so much care designing them as well as the main Character and side characters of the story.

The 3 Sworn brothers also has Beautiful design (its so fun seeing that the creators made their signature colors Purple and Violet) you can see it in their eyes and Armor.

While watching LMK and that Fantasy Series stuck in my head, I was Drawing. Just doodling anything that could Pump out all of the Lazy Veins inside my Body. And that's when this Sketch came.

I know. It's just so spacious. Blank. Boom just No life in the eyes. But this sketch just took me into a higher level of Creativity.

I'm not a Big fan of Creating environment and cinematic Kind of Stuff. But I was Brave enough to leave my Shell and try something new.

No line art but just the color. I was in pure Hardships doing it but I still carried on just to finish this and see how it would go (worse to Good? Who knows?)

Celestial Realm

The Celestial Realm is the background I chose in this. I Stacked with orange,light orange and darker colors to pop out those juicy Stuff. I'm not good with backgrounds but I will still keep on making so that I'll improve :)

So closing the sketch layer left me Suprised and A bit Confused? I mean its not that bad. But somehow there's still missing with all of these. It's still so spacious and....too flat in the eyes. The character in the middle is just too Bright and dead.

So that's when I decided to Put some Shadows!

See? The power of balancing Light and Shadow. Contrasting everything just makes it even better, the character is shadowed and more pop out in the eyes. adding Small detail then for ideas and maybe then I can add more.

Here I'm trying to add some light and Trying things. Alot of times I tried Blue and Red light but it just doesn't Work out, but the orange and yellow Balance well with the whole environment and the Character as well as the Brown color.

When I'm starting to figure things out I added then the small details as well as Looking through mistakes and smudges. The details aren't the best but it just adds more to the canvas as well as even the small Particles and Smokes.

Although I don't know if it tells a story. For me from this I made a whole Story inside my head, chunks of ideas as well as the world.

Also I wonder what's happening in that Art...

VOTK Concept Art

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 141 16
this is after season 3 and frank this is kinda a self interest in the story when a white monkey demon finds a child and raises it as its own
6.1K 198 24
What if Mk were younger in the show than in canon like 7-10, things would be different and interactions would change. Mk would of been found by Pigsy...
6.2M 47.5K 56
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
24.8K 728 20
(Y/n) is just a girl who loves the sea. Living with her father in a beach house, (Y/n) discovers an abandoned ship in a secret glade. As she takes a...