tulips | virgil van dijk

By MAG1CO

"you're my red tulip." - in which football star virgil van dijk falls for the pretty girl at the flower shop. More

introduction
i. yellow tulips
ii. im not givng you flowers, mate.
iii. the name
iv: instagram
v: the red devils
vi: champions league
vii: a month
ix: jerseys
x: the gunners
xi: post game
xii: notes

viii: trent & trips

673 11 5
By MAG1CO

VIRGIL

Virgil van Dijk was currently sat on his bestfriend's couch, his head dug in the palms of his hands.

The one girl he truly cared about was upset with him.

He didn't understand what part about her he liked so much. Why did she manage to take up so much of his mental space with the little interactions they had?

He knew one this for sure, though. He has messed up, and bad. She had every right to be upset.

Disappearing for an entire month, with no warning or explanation, having ways to contact her, was incredibly messed up. Virgil knew if the same was done to him, him being upset would be an understatement.

The Dutch defender had appeared at his friend's doorstep without warning, immediately apologizing for the uncalled visit and gave him the flowers he had purchased earlier that day.

Trent had immediately asked what was going on, if everything was okay, if Virgil needed anything, the usual questions a friend would ask.

All Virgil could say in return was "She's upset", and after five minutes of sitting in silence, he finally explained what had gone down at the shop.

After discussing what had previously happen and what was the best possible thing for the Dutch man to do, they had finally agreed on what Virgil's future plan would be.

In following days, Virgil would return to the flower shop and apologize, and if the apology went well, he would try and ask the girl out on a date.

And if it didn't go as planned.. well Trent and Virgil hoped they wouldn't have to worry about that.

ABIGAIL

On the other side of Liverpool, Abigail was found packing a suitcase.

After lots of procrastination and arguing, her mother had finally convinced her to go through with her plans.

Her plans of taking week-long trip to London had been a long time coming- she had been planning the trip for about three months at that point.

Abgail would be going to the English Capital with her bestfriend, Sofia, to celebrate her birthday, watch a football match, and simply explore the big city.

Sofia had been told about every detail regarding Virgil, the man clouded her friend's mind.

She also had her fair share of interactions with footballers, and although Abigail knew about them, Sofia had kept the name private as a surprise for her friend.

After doing a bit of research, Sofia had found out that the footballer she has been talking to for weeks at that point, was playing Liverpool F.C. during the week that the girls would be in London.

And as if it were a coincidence, he played for Arsenal, and it was luckily a home match for the Gunners. And the footballer she had been talking to, newly-joined midfielder Kai Havertz, had invited the girls to watch the match with free tickets.

Sofia had decided to not tell Abigail that they would be in the first row of seats, right next to the dugouts for the away team.

Being the great friend she was, she had packed both a home and away Liverpool jersey with the captain's name printed across the back, along with an extra Arsenal jersey to match hers just in case.

The girls would be leaving at midnight, driving the four and a half hours it would take to get there, and then arriving at their hotel to sleep during the early hours of the morning.

And unknown to Abigail, Virgil van Dijk would enter her mother's shop, with coffee in one hand and an apology and invitation in mind the next morning.

But there would be no one to accept the apology or invitation to dinner, only the mother of the girl who he was infatuated with.

author's note: i lowkey don't really like kai havertz but it's okay. also, i want to start a more social media and text based book, who would you guys be interested in it being about? i was thinking about someone from fc barcelona, someone like pedri or balde but im open to suggestions !

qotd: have you watched ted lasso? if so, who are your favorite characters?

author's answer: yes, i js started watching it and i love it, im almost done with season 2. i adore keeley jones and roy kent, along with sam obisanya and dani rojas. i also like coach beard but nathan annoys me.. show is great tho!

published: 10/20/23
edited: 03/08/24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 230K 68
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
4.3M 236K 49
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
465K 11.5K 30
In a district where danger lurks around every corner, Isaac North tries to live a normal life, but quickly finds himself entangled in a perilous roma...
124K 16.4K 35
#Book-3 Last book of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation of the first and second book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If...