Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... Еще

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 5 : Fears of past

4.3K 347 48
Amateurmisswriter_

Aryan looked up as Ayaansh knocked at his door. Ayaansh had held himself back from approaching Aryan whole day but he couldn't take it anymore. At last he found himself walking up to Ayaansh's room.

He was just preparing himself to apologise and leave when he felt Aryan hugging him tightly. He was surprised. He had hurt the boy. Why was he hugging him? Shouldn't he be shouting back at him?

Aryan had been waiting for Ayaansh. Both his Bhaiya and Bhaiyu came to him whenever they got angry on him which itself was a very rare occurrence. He was counting on his luck for Ayaansh being the same and his Bhai didn't disappoint him at all.

Aryan had planned on brooding a little more but couldn't resist throwing himself in Ayaansh's arms as soon as he saw him.

Ayaansh held him and unconsciously deepened the hug. He was craving the love Aryan so freely gave.

Aryan smiled. His Bhaiya had been right as always.

Ayaansh pulled back and looked at Aryan. "Tum gussa nhi ho mujhse?"

Aryan shook his head. He wasn't angry at all. He just liked to sulk untill his brothers start pampering him.

Ayaansh frowned. He clearly remembered Aryan ignoring him on the dining table.

"Toh baat kyu nhi Kiya pure din? Aaj toh room me bhi nhi aaye?" He asked.

Aryan smile grew wider. "Aap mujhe miss kar rhe the?"

Ayaansh rolled his eyes but the truth was he had been troubled that Aryan didn't speak to him. He hadn't realised he was missing having Aryan around untill Aryan pointed it out. The realisation filled him with a sense of love and fear at the same time.

He didn't know how could he stay away from Aryan when he was offering him the love so openly and he feared to reciprocate, too scared that if they turned away from him, his fragile heart wouldn't be able survive.
The fear of attachment was too overwhelming for him.

Aryan shook him up.

Ayaansh tried to sound unaffected as he started to apologise. "I'm sorry—"

Aryan stopped him by hugging him again. "It's okay, Bhai. Aapko mujhse sorry bolne ki zarurat nhi hai."

"I shouted at you—"

"You can shout at me, Bhai. Bhai ho aap mere—"

Aryan stopped as Ayaansh pulled away from him and looked away. Ayaansh wasn't ready for that kind of conversation yet. Aryan remembered Arnav's words and left the topic.

"Mai toh yeh keh raha tha aap mujhe daant sakte ho bas baad me aake hug kar lo and I wouldn't be angry." Aryan smiled at him. Ayaansh gulped the lump in his throat. Aryan made it all sound so simple.

"Vaise bhi aapne Jo mujhse kaha mujhe uska bura nhi laga. Aapne Bhaiya se aise baat ki isliye bas—" Aryan looked away sadly.

Ayaansh noticed how Aryan's voice completely changed. The boy wasn't angry on his behalf but he was definitely very upset on his Bhaiya's behalf. Ayaansh understood his feelings and appreciated the love behind him.

Aryan's words only made Ayaansh guiltier of his actions. He had always been a well behaved child both at school and home. His parents' indifferent behaviour towards him made sure of that. The only conversation he could recall with his parents was them punishing him for something he did. His father always wanted perfection and any mistake led to Ayaansh being punished. His mother never stood up in his defense. For a very long time Ayaansh thought this was the way every child was disciplined untill he started noticing other children with their parents around him.

Ayaansh had tried very hard to earn his parents' love. He made sure he didn't make any mistake while following his father's rules. But no trick gave Ayaansh the love he craved. It had been a better pill to swallow but Ayaansh had accepted that his parents didn't love him. They were hardly involved in his life as he started growing up. He had no pleasant memory of having parents or a family. That was the reason he hardly felt anything when they died. He only grieved for the fact that he didn't have any excuse anymore for not calling himself an orphan.

Ayaansh blinked away the painful memories and handed a piece of chocolate to Aryan.

Aryan immediately reached for it happily. "Aap mere liye laye?"

Ayaansh nodded. It was his comfort food. He chose to not acknowledge the fact that this was the very first time he was sharing his things with someone that too his favourite dark chocolate.

Aryan bounced happily. He loved sweets. He tore the packet and ate the first piece before offering the second one to Ayaansh.

Ayaansh shook his head and handed it back to Aryan. "Tum Khao. Mera Mann nhi hai."

"Arre meetha khane ke liye mann kaise nhi hai aapka? Khake dekho kitni tasty hai." Aryan stuffed the chocolate in his mouth.

Ayaansh glared at him but shook his head as Aryan wasn't even looking at him. He was too busy enjoying the chocolate. Ayaansh thought he was enjoying the chocolate but he didn't know Aryan was enjoying the chocolate his Bhai gave him.

Arnav looked at the notice and tensed. He couldn't let the house be sold. It was Ayaansh's right. The boy must be having too many memories with his home. He couldn't let the house be snatched away from him.

Arnav looked up at the lawyer and spoke in a calm and straight voice. "I'm ready to repay his loans with interest. He can't have the house."

"It's clearly mentioned in the agreement that if Mr. Ashok Singhania fails to repay the loan within three years he would lose his house along with the compensation he has to pay. My client already has the official claim over the house, sir. This is just a formality." Vivek Maheshwari, the lawyer, replied politely.

Arnav was about to say something when Aniket walked in. Arnav relaxed. Aniket could handle the legal terms better than him. He had called Aniket as soon as he was informed of Vivek coming in.

Aniket walked to Arnav who gestured him to sit and handed over the notice. Aniket took the notice and read it. He tensed. The clauses were quite clear and it didn't help that both Ashok and Smriti were not there to speak otherwise.

He looked at Vivek and spoke firmly. "Your client cannot destroy the house without the official permission and it's clearly mentioned you don't have the legal documents to claim the house."

Vivek took out some documents and handed them to Aniket. He had come prepared.

Aniket read them and looked at Arnav. Arnav tensed. He could see the worry in Aniket's eyes.

"Can we have a talk with your client, Mr. Maheshwari?" Aniket asked.

"My client is coming back to India tomorrow. We can fix a meeting if you want. I'll inform you the time and place." Vivek stood up and extended his hands to Arnav. He knew they had very little to discuss over the case. The case was crystal clear and he didn't intend to waste his time.

Arnav shook his hands. "Thank you, Me, Maheshwari."

"I'm just doing my job, Mr, Singhania. Have a good day!" Vivek said and left.

Arnav turned to Aniket. "We can't let the house go, Ani."

Aniket rubbed his forehead. "It's going to be difficult, Bhaiya. The clauses are quite clear. And it won't help that Mr. Singhania is dead and Ayaansh is a minor. We can only hope for the client to be a little considerate, Bhaiya."

Arnav was worried. Aniket held his hands in support.

"Aap jyada stress mat lo, Bhaiya. I'll try my best—"

"Mai jaanta hoon, Ani. I'm just worried about Ayaansh."

Aniket nodded. He understood his brother's worry.

"We will have to be extra careful, Bhaiya. They aren't bluffing about the agreement. They have the proper documents and signatures."

Arnav squeezed his hands gently. "Don't worry, Ani. I know tu handle kar lega. Sab thik hoga. Mai dekhta hoon, tu pareshan mat ho."

Aniket leaned in his touch. He was troubled by everything going on in their home.

Arnav gently ruffled his hair. He had to tell Aniket about what Rishaan had told him. He couldn't keep it a secret from Aniket.

"Ani,"

Aniket hummed with his eyes closed.

"Ayaansh is allergic to hazelnuts."

"What?" Aniket snapped his eyes open and looked at Arnav shocked.

Aniket held Arnav's hands. "Bhaiya, usse sirf mild allergy hogi na? Jaise—"

Arnav shook his head sadly. "His case is exactly like yours, Ani. He could have—"

Aniket hugged Arnav before he could complete. Arnav hugged him back and rubbed his back gently. He could feel his shoulders getting wet.

"I'm sorry, Bhaiya. I'm so sorry!" Aniket whispered trying to muffle his sobs.

Arnav immediately pulled away and cupped his face. "Nhi, Bacha. Kyu sorry bol rha hai tu? Tu thik hai, mujhe aur kuch nhi chahiye, Ani."

Aniket shook his head. "Meri wajah se aapko woh sab sehna pada tha, Bhaiya. Sayad mai uss din zinda—"

"Aniket!" Arnav raised his voice.

Aniket flinched and looked down. He was still scared of that tone of his Bhaiya.

Arnav calmed himself and held Aniket's hands. "Teri wajah se kuch nhi hua, Ani. Yeh sab mat soch. Agar kal ki Ayaansh teri jagah hua toh kya tu yahi kahega uske liye bhi?"

Aniket gasped. "Woh meri jagah kabhi nhi hoga, Bhaiya. Aap please Aisa mat bolo."

Arnav smiled sadly. "Bura laga na? Mujhe bhi bura lagta hai jab tu apne liye ulta sidha kehta hai, Ani. Agar tu meri jagah hota toh kya mujhe chhod ke chala—"

Aniket hugged him and cried. He couldn't even think of staying away from his Bhaiya. Arnav was everything to him. The thought itself reduced him to tears.

"I'm sorry, Bhaiya. Mai aapko hurt nhi karna chahta bas uss din ko bhula nhi pata hoon."

Arnav blinked away his own tears and caressed Aniket's head. "Tu mujhe kabhi hurt nhi kar sakta, Ani. Bas yeh sab mat soch. That's a part of our life which can't be changed, undone or forgotten. All we can do is to take it as a hard learnt lesson and move on. Tu khush reh mai itna hi chahta hoon."

Aniket just deepened the hug, feeling too overwhelmed to speak anything. Arnav held him till he wanted before pulling back. They had suffered for long enough. He didn't want his brothers to suffer for anything and he would do anything in his might to ensure that.

After a few days....

Arnav came back from office late again that. He was swamped with work these days. It had been almost a week since he had any meal with his brothers. He left early morning and returned late night. The case was also a handful.

Arnav sat down on the couch and closed his eyes. He was getting a headache. He opened his eyes when he felt someone shaking him. He looked up to find Ayaansh.

"Ayaansh?" Arnav looked at the clock. It was past one in the night.

Ayaansh quietly forwarded him a cup of coffee. He had picked on quickly that everyone in the house needed coffee. He had seen Arnav entering the house while rubbing his forehead. A clear sign of headache!

Arnav was surprised at the gesture. "Tune banaya?"

"Nhi, bhoot ne." Ayaansh was annoyed at Arnav for some reasons he himself didn't know or say, chose to not accept.

Arnav shook his head. The boy was out of patience just like Aniket.

"Itni raat ho gyi hai, soye kyu nhi? Tabiyat kharab ho jayegi aise—"

"Aur aapki nhi hogi?" Ayaansh blurted out before he could think. He looked away once he realised that.

Arnav smiled. Ayaansh had started to behave neutral with them. He was yet to warm up to them but the coldness was fading away gradually. Arnav had dealt with a crying Aryan that very evening. He was upset at him for not being home. Looked like he had another sulking brother to deal with!

"Mujhe kaam tha, Ayu—" Arnav reached for Ayaansh's hands but Ayaansh stepped back and left.

Arnav looked at the coffee. It had milk. He always preferred black coffee but he smiled when he realised Ayaansh had taken a step towards him. He had the coffee and got up.

He got changed and went to Aryan's room. Arnav entered the room and saw Aryan sleeping. He went near him and caressed his face. Arnav was shocked to find Aryan burning up when he touched him. He immediately sat beside him and pulled Aryan in his lap.

"Aru?" Arnav patted his cheeks.

Arnav's heart was racing with fear. It was exactly how he had found Ayaansh a few days back. He couldn't see his child in that state.

Arnav heaved a sigh of relief as Aryan opened his eyes groggily.

"Bhaiya?"

"Haan, bacha, yahi hoon."

Aryan buried his face in Arnav's midriff seeking warmth. He was missing his Bhaiya a lot these days.

Arnav caressed his hair. "Ek baar chhod, bacha, mai dawai leke aata hoon. You need to have medicine."

Aryan shook his head. "Mujhe chhod ke kahi mat jao aap."

"Abhi aa jaunga, Bacha—"

Aryan's eyes filled up. Arnav gently coaxed him to get up and rushed out to get medicines. He came back with a medicine and a bowl of water.

Arnav made Aryan have medicines and sat down beside him. Aryan immediately shifted on his lap and drifted off. Arnav felt very guilty for neglecting his child. He had been so busy with work that he hardly gave Aryan time in the past week. He applied the cold strips with a heavy heart while Aryan drifted off peacefully in his Bhaiya's embrace.
____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite scene?

Favourite character?

Hope you guys liked it!

Love,
Muskan

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

26.1K 2.1K 12
The feeling of being unloved by one's own family was not unknown to Akshara. Yet she doesn't hate her family for despising her since she was only a n...
Epiphany Kiara

Художественная проза

55.6K 5.3K 28
Ten years ago, Aakrith was kidnapped. A few days later, his dead corpse was sent home to his brothers. Kabir Kaushik, a Commanding Officer, is told...
54K 5.2K 28
Rawat bloodline is not ordinary. It is the bloodline line which produced extraordinarily powerful warriors for centuries who became the guardians to...
28.9K 2.3K 20
A big brother who doesn't tolerate nonsense behaviour how will he tolerate a spoiled brat teenage ... . . . A boy who is deprived of love... Want to...