thelxiepeia | s.stilinski

נכתב על ידי elsiecherry

lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other be... עוד

before you read
contents
graphics
part one
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter twelve
part two
cast list
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
interlude
part three
cast list
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four

chapter eleven

691 30 168
נכתב על ידי elsiecherry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  1.11 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'you're a class a bitch that needs to get laid, fuck off and let me talk to my friend.'

✧༺♥༻✧

"Call it again." Scott instructed Lottie who picked up her phone with a sigh. Scott had lost his new phone and was tearing his room apart trying to look for it whilst Lottie sat on the floor in front of Stiles who was trying to braid her hair.

"It's not here." Stiles sang as Scott tossed pillows, blankets and lacrosse equipment all over the room, narrowly missing Stiles. "So you lost your phone. Get a new one."

"I can't afford a new one. Lottie paid for this one as it is." Scott sighed. Lottie's dad earned a fair amount being a surgeon at Beacon Hills Hospital. He gave her an eye-watering allowance to try and make up for the fact that he was never around. It didn't make up for it but it did make her life and friends lives a lot easier.

"And I'll do it again if needs be." Lottie smiled as her phone rang out.

"And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott added. Derek had been MIA again for a few days, this time Lottie wasn't so hurt after she found out he'd tried to kill Jackson and was siding with his psychotic uncle.

"Okay, A, you're not alone. You have us. And B, didn't you tell me Derek walked right into gunfire?" Stiles said, gesturing between himself and Lottie who nodded, despite the look of confusion on her face.

"Gunfire? Nobody told me about gunfire?"

"Not important. He'll survive. Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They won't kill him." Scott explained, certain Derek was alive.

"Then let them do what they're planning. They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved." Stiles suggested.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek. I can't protect her myself. Which means I need to find Derek first. Just help me." Scott pleaded as Stiles untangled his hand from Lottie's hair and helped her up as the two began tearing through the room. "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. Remember? When he was trying to kill you? When you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here? No? Maybe it's just me."

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."

"I agree. Not about the killing part, I think he could be persuaded if Peter digs his claws in deep enough. But I don't want him to die. He's not really done anything to warrant that." Lottie mused, much to Stiles' disappointment.

"Could you guys at least think about letting him die?" Stiles asked as Scott stood upright to attention.

"What?" Lottie questioned, standing up too.

"My mum's home."

"Is she okay?" Lottie asked, frowning as Scott shook his head, looking heartbroken.

"What's she doing?" Stiles asked concerned.

"She's crying." Scott muttered, his face crumbling as he sat on his bed in complete misery. Lottie took the spot next to him and wrapped her arm around him, rubbing his arm gently.

"Scott. You can't protect everyone." Stiles told the boy as Lottie glanced at him.

"I have to." Stiles looked away, not meeting Lottie's eye as he flipped his phone around in his hands nervously. It was the kind of mindless action someone does when they're struggling with a thought. But Stiles always has thoughts he struggled with, they were living amongst the supernatural. Lottie looked on in suspicion: he was hiding something. She was sure of it.

✧༺♥༻✧

Somewhere below the surface in a dank old basement a few miles away was the location of a tied up Derek. Derek, who was currently being tortured by none other than Kate Argent.

"Come on, he killed your sister. Either you're not telling me because you want to kill him yourself..." Kate rummaged through Derek's jacket, pulling out his phone and his wallet. "Or for some twisted reason, you're protecting him." Derek lifted his head weakly as his arms pulled from where he'd been strung up.

Kate pulled out Derek's driver's licence, smirking at the picture of a younger Derek scowling at the camera. "​​Look at that sour face. I bet you used to get a lot of people coming up to you saying 'smile. Derek, why don't you smile more often?' Don't you want to just punch those people in the throat?" She asked.

"I can think of one person." Derek spat out, looking at Kate in disgust.

"Promise? Because if you're going to be that much fun, I'll let you go and have at it." Kate asked teasingly. Picking up his phone, scrolling through, finding nothing that took her interest. "Nothing, nothing, nothing. I hate this detective crap. I want the Alpha or the Beta. Just give me one or the other."

"Are you going to torture me or talk me to death?"

"I don't want to torture you. I want to catch up. Remember-" Kate cut off as Derek's phone rang. A picture of Lottie that she'd sneakily taken popped up with the name 'Tiny' flashing across the screen. Kate grinned evilly. "Now this is interesting."

Derek's eyes flashed with worry. Whilst he hated everyone, he hated her a lot less, he'd considered her a friend. Not that he'd ever tell her that - she'd enjoy it too much. Unfortunately, Kate caught his look.

"Hmmm. I wonder what this little brat has to say. Shall we have a listen?" Kate asked as the phone rang out and a voicemail flashed on the screen. Placing the phone on speaker, she held it in front of Derek.

"Hey Toto. I'm annoyed at you. You're not picking up and Scott said you ran out into a hellfire of bullets. You're a fucking idiot. I don't know why you're acting grumpier than usual but snap out of it okay? None of us know where you are although I have an idea of who you're with and if she's listening 'Kate? You're a class A bitch that needs to get laid, fuck off and let me talk to my friend.' Anyway I mis-" Kate cut off the call, furious at the girl. Not only for guessing it was her leading the hunt, but also the fact she insulted her. Derek let out a little laugh, amused and impressed by the balls the girl had. Kate inhaled deeply, before smirking at Derek.

"If only she knew. All the crazy hot sex we had." Kate smirked as Derek tried to hide a gag at the memory. "Remember all the fun times we had?"

"What, like you burning my family alive?" Derek retorted sarcastically.

"I was referring to the sex marathons we used to have. But the fire thing? That was pretty fun too." Kate smiled wistfully as Derek pulled against his restraints, furious. "God, I love how much you hate me."

She leant forward aiming to grab him by the belt and torture him mentally but her hands stopped mid-air as his phone began to ring again. Tiny.

"God does this bitch ever stop?" Kate fumed as her partner walked in carrying a taser. That's one thing Kate would one day learn. Lottie would never give up. Not on her friends.

✧༺♥༻✧

Walking up to Jackson's locker she grinned as she saw Scott and Stiles bombarding him.

"You want me to take her to the formal?" Jackson asked, confused.

"I don't want you to. I need you to." Scott instructed.

"Who's Jackson taking to the formal? Cos I know he fumbled Lydia. Rookie mistake." She said, turning to the boy shaking her head as he rolled his eyes.

"Screw you." Jackson said to Scott, before turning to Stiles. "Screw you too." Glancing between the two. "In fact, screw each other."

"What about me?" Lottie asked, wanting to be involved.

"Not you. You're okay." Jackson said, not taking his eyes off the boys. Lottie grinned, she knew he was warming up to her despite his resistance.

"He saved your life." Stiles fumed.

"He left me for dead." Jackson deadpanned.

"Dramatic." Lottie sighed.

"I got shot for you." Scott argued, flabbergasted.

"Oh yeah? Show me the bullet wound."

"You know it healed."

"Convenient." Jackson rolled his eyes.

"You know if you roll your eyes too much you might find a brain back there." Lottie teased the boy.

"Then do it for Allison. She's in serious danger. I'm talking around-the-clock danger and someone has to keep an eye on her at the dance." Scott pleaded.

"Try her Dad. He's the one equipped to actually handle this." Jackson spat back.

"How am I supposed to do that and keep him from finding out about me?" Scott argued.

"Not my problem." Lottie and Stiles looked on, staying out of it.

"You're her friend too. You are. All that time you spent with her just to get me? You can't tell me you didn't get to know her and like her. It's Allison. It's impossible to not like her. You can't tell me you don't care if she gets hurt."

"What if I get hurt?" Jackson asked, genuinely curious to hear Scotts answer.

"Then it's worth it."

"Not to me." Jackson replied, walking away.

"Well done Scott. That was so insensitive." Lottie followed after Jackson, catching up with him. "Hey, Jackass. Wait up."

"What? Here to tell me how I don't matter too?"

"Nope. Here to apologise for that dolt. Also to give you something to consider. Remember that time I told you nobody liked you because you're a selfish prick?" She reminded him of the time outside the video store.

"I don't remember you wording it as bluntly but sure."

"This is a chance to change that. And you won't get hurt anyway." Lottie confirmed.

Jackson paused, taking in what she said. "Why's that?"

"Because I'll be there, duh. Derek is MIA and the other guy... Well we'll worry about that when we come to it. All I'm saying is consider it. Plus if you're with Allison you'll be more protected anyway. You'll have me, Stiles and Scott the teenage werewolf looking out for you." She explained quietly. He considered her words, nodding lightly before walking away as Lottie sighed.

"You don't hate me, do you Lotso?" He called back to her, as he headed towards the locker room.

"Me ? Hate? Never." She grinned as she made her way back to Scott and Stiles who were still discussing Scott's failure.

"I don't want to say I told you so... Because it's not strong enough. How about: I'm always right, you should listen to whatever I say and never disagree, ever, ever, ever." She heard Stiles say.

"Actually, I'm always right. Besides, I think Jackass will change his mind now." Lottie affirmed, she was sure her words would get through to him.

"I'm not done yet." Scott muttered as he flashed his yellow orbs at the two and followed after Jackson to the locker room.

"Why do I bother?" Lottie asked rhetorically as she rested her head against Stiles' shoulder, sighing as the boy laughed.

A matter of minutes later, the three of them stood and watched a very sweaty and nervous Jackson ask Allison to the dance.

"Don't worry, I'll be there too." Stiles tried to reassure the young werewolf.

"I'm still going." Scott pointed out.

"Is that really a good idea? Do you even have a date?" Stiles asked, trying to focus as Lottie rubbed small circles subconsciously on the back of the hand that held hers.

"Not yet."

"Does he need a date? Do you have a date? I don't have a date? Maybe I'll ask Lydia." Lottie mused.

"Do you have a suit?" Stiles asked, smiling down at the girl, not looking at Scott until he snapped his fingers in his face.

"Not yet."

"A ticket to the formal? A ride?"

"No."

"So you're riding your bike to a dance you're not allowed to go to, without a suit, a date or a way in, with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your werewolf ass?" Stiles asked for confirmation.

"Yeah. You going to help me?" Scott answered, determined to keep Allison safe.

Glancing at each other, turning to Scott they beamed. "Hell yes."

✧༺♥༻✧

Rummaging through the racks of Macy's, Lottie felt like a normal teenage girl for the first time in a long time. Lydia had texted her during school asking her to meet her in the parking lot for a surprise. Needless to say she was very happy with said surprise.

"I'm spoilt for choice. How can I choose just one? Maybe I need an outfit change?" Lottie sighed. Glancing over at Lydia who was comforting Allison who was looking a bit glum to say the least.

"Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress." Lydia probed.

"I'll admit, as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison replied, the two had had a little fallout over the whole 'Jackson and Allison spending way too much time in each other's personal space' thing and Lydia had said some out of pocket things. Buying Allison a dress was the only way she knew how to make up for it.

"Excellent."

"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison stated, looking far off in the distance, too far for Lottie to see from where she was standing.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asked, alarmed as Lottie looked on confused.

"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided up jock you said yes to and go with someone else." Lottie snorted at Allison's description of Lydia's type.

"Who?"

"Him." Lottie followed Allison's pointed finger and her stomach dropped. There, spraying perfume in his face and sneezing up a lung, was Stiles.

Lottie couldn't pinpoint the feeling in her stomach, she felt sick and sad at the same time but she didn't know why. But the thought of Stiles taking Lydia to prom made her sad. She was sure it was just because she was looking forward to spending time with the three of them, there's nothing else it could be. Ignoring the twisting pain in her chest she smiled as he looked up and waved at the girls, before promptly coughing and sneezing again, the effects of the perfume still hitting him.

"Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile." Allison continued, unaware of her other friend's mood change.

He'd stumbled over Lydia's demand to take her to the dance, eventually accepting despite the fact he tried to reach Lottie's eye but for some reason unbeknownst to him she'd avoided his eye.

"You're going to try all of these on? Is this a 24-hour Macy's?" Lottie overheard Stiles ask as Lydia placed another dress on the massive pile in his arms. The poor boy was drowning in fabric. Allison smiled and took some from him, helping him to the changing room.

"Less talking, more carrying."

Walking away from the group, Lottie flicked through some dresses, stopping on a maroon one.

"That's not your colour."

"Harvey-Dent. To what do I owe the misfortune?" Lottie asked as she saw Peter Hale standing before her.

"Just here to assist."

"I wasn't aware a homicidal maniac had time for a part-time job. Indulge me." Lottie teased, knowing he wasn't here for her, but for Allison who was busy with Stiles and Lydia.

"Considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter." Peter mused. "We both know I have a unique perspective on the subject."

"If that's what you want to call it." Lottie mumbled, going back to the dresses flicking through.

"I'd go for a lilac, or a baby blue."

"Well, luckily for me, I'm not a thirty-something year old man. " Lottie sassed as Allison made her way over. Luckily before she made her way to Peter, a tannoy announcement went off above their heads.

"Attention shoppers. To the owner of a blue Mazda, licence plate 5-U-N-I-7-6-8. Your car is being towed."

"Would you look at that? Saved by the bell. Duty calls. Laters Harvey." Lottie smiled, walking away from the man.

"Well-played Scott." Peter muttered watching the girl walk away with an amused smile as he heard Scott's heartbeat.

"Come on Ally. Let's get your car."

"What about your dress?"

"I picked one out weeks ago. Today was just to see if I could find something better. I didn't. Now let's go before we're walking home."

✧༺♥༻✧

Scott was standing in his bedroom, fixing the sleeves of his tux. Melissa made her way into his room, stopping in the doorway.

"This is really nice. How did you afford..." Melissa cut herself off, noticing the entirety of the inside of the coat was being held together by duct-tape, laying on his bed.

"It's not going to work, is it?" Scott groaned, hearing his front door open, calming when he realised Lottie had arrived.

"No, it's fine. No one will notice." Melissa reassured before muttering quietly under her breath. "No one legally blind."

"I heard that." Scott sighed, walking to and from the bathroom trying to get ready.

"I'm here to save the day." Lottie announced as she stood behind Melissa holding her sewing kit.

"Oh Lottie you look beautiful." Melissa cooed, making the girl twirl.

"Thank you." Lottie replied, stepping into Scotts room. "You scrub up nicely." She shot the boy a toothy grin who stared with his jaw dropped.

"Wow- Lottie you look stunning." Scott mumbled, shocked. Despite the fact she's as girly as they come, she'd outdone herself tonight.

Lottie was wearing a silk green dress with a corset bustier like top that snatched her hips, cinching her in at her smallest point. Heels as tall as skyscrapers adorned her feet, making her just a few inches shorter than her friends than the usual several inches. Her hair was thrown up in a messy bun she'd spent the best part of an hour perfecting and natural clean makeup was spread across her face.

"Just wait until you see Allison." Lottie grinned, sending a wink the boys way before dropping her jaw at Scott's jacket. "Scott you said it was a couple tears. Not sewing an entire jacket."

"In my defence I asked before I got the jacket back out." Scott sighed, it was hopeless.

"You know me. I plan ahead. So luckily for you, there's a duffle bag downstairs with a suit in it for you. It's already paid for so don't even try to argue." Lottie held a hand up in Scotts face to prevent him from arguing.

Sending a small grin to the girl, "Thank you." He ran down to get the bag.

"I don't know what we'd do without you." Melissa sighed, smiling gratefully at the girl.

"Oh I don't know. I think you've done expertly without me."

"These are perfect!" Scott called out as he tripped up the stairs putting on the new trousers.

"So no Stiles tonight?" Melissa asked cautiously. It was rare the three went to things like this without one another. And she was sure she'd seen a spark between Stiles and Lottie.

"Nope. He's going with Lydia. Allison asked her to. Guess she's heard that he likes her." Lottie explained, trying to keep that sinking feeling out of her stomach.

"And Allison?"

"Jackson." Scott replied.

"How come you two didn't branch out? There's gotta be some people out there for you." Lottie shrugged at the question, she didn't have an answer.

"Mom, there are no other girls besides Allison." Scott informed Melissa.

"You really feel that way?" She asked.

"I can't help it. Every time I look at her I get this hollow feeling in my chest. It's like--like someone literally took a shovel and dug a hole in me. It's the worst feeling I've ever had in my life. I didn't even know you could actually feel this bad." Scott explained making Lottie frown, she hated seeing her friends in pain.

"I know. Everyone knows eventually. But it does go away."

"I don't want it to." Scott sighed.

"Have you told her how you feel?" Melissa asked as Lottie rolled her eyes knowing the answer.

"She knows."

Melissa reached forward and slapped Scott on the forehead. "She knows? Listen dumbass, I'm going to let you in on a secret most men don't have a clue about. Women love words." Lottie nodded in agreement.

"What?"

"Tell her how you feel. Say it. Say it again. Say it differently. Then learn how to say it better. Then learn how to sing it. Write it in a poem, in a card attached to flowers, carve it into a tree, in cement on a sidewalk or tattoo it on your arm–"

"Really?" Scott smiled.

"No.  Tell her the truth. Tell her anything and everything you want." Melissa continued.

"Everything."

"Everything."

"God I love your mum." Lottie whispered as Scott grinned.

"Now. Pictures." Melissa grinned as Lottie handed over her Polaroid camera. And after standing for what felt like seven rolls of film, the two were on their way in Melissa's car.

"You ready?" Lottie asked as they pulled up at the school.

"As I'll ever be."

"Right, I'll meet you in there. I'm gonna go find Allison." Lottie smiled, getting out of the car and making her way over to Jackson's Porsche. As she approached Allison's open window she heard the girl whispering to herself.

"Normal teenage girl. You can do this. Smile, Allison. Someone could be falling in love with your-"

"Hey Ally. Look up there." Lottie called out, pointing to the roof as Scott scaled it, finding a way into the school.

"He's here?" Allison asked herself quietly with the biggest grin Lottie had ever seen.

"Of course. He couldn't let his girl go to a dance without treading on her toes at least once." Lottie grinned helping the girl out of the car. The two exchange compliments as the spot Stiles' Jeep rolls in.

Lottie reaches over to Jackson's flask, unscrewing it.

"What could you possibly need that for?" He asked as they approached Stiles and Lydia.

"I have the urge." Lottie replied, swigging far more than a shot or two, scrunching up her face as she met Stiles and Lydia.

Stiles helped Lydia down from his Jeep ignoring her compliment to Jackson as he felt his world turn on its axis. He looked at Lottie who was laughing about something with Allison and felt his heart pound. His palms clammed up as he wiped them on his suit trousers, running his tongue along the roof of his mouth, desperate to get some moisture back in there after it had dried up at the sight of his best friend. Her dimples popped as she finished laughing with a smile, finally bringing her eyes to meet his. And just like that Stiles knew: he was completely and utterly in agonising love with Charlotte Bailey and there was no going back.

"Well don't you look handsome." She grinned making her way over to the boy, ignoring the way her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest.

"You-you stole my line." he mumbled as he held her tightly in his arms.

"I look handsome?" She asked teasingly, inhaling his aftershave.

"No. You- you look enchanting." He whispered to her as she held her breath. The world around them began to disappear again as she met his eyes. Looking up at him with her mouth slightly open. The world had slowly begun to shrink until it was just the two of them a lot recently. More so than ever before. Lottie didn't quite know what to make of it.

"Th-thank you." She mumbled back to him, as Allison sent a knowing smile in their direction before walking in with Jackson. "Save me a dance tonight?" She asked as he nodded quickly back at her.

"I don't care. I don't need compliments. I'm not falling prey to society's desire to turn girls into emotionally insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark." Lydia remarked, breaking them from their bubble. Lottie moved away from Stiles and went up to Lydia giving her a light kiss on the cheek.

"I think you look beautiful." She complimented.

"Really?" Lydia beamed.

"Don't you know it? Now let's show this school how hot we are."

"And how lucky I am to have such beautiful ladies on my arms." Stiles smiled as he held out two arms awkwardly for the girls to link.

"You look like C3PO standing like that." Lottie teased as she linked his arm.

"Shut up." He mumbled smiling, leading the girls into the dance.

✧༺♥༻✧

Scott clung to the shadows of the hall holding the dance watching his friends sit glumly at one of the tables. Well, not all of his friends, Lottie was busy dancing with Danny.

"Do you want to dance?" Allison asked Jackson, standing up over all the awkwardness.

"Do I have to?" Jackson replied.

"Not the response I was expecting. But no. Guess not." Allison sighed, sitting back down.

Jackson took another shot from his drink. Wincing at the strength of it, he looked down into the cup thoughtfully. Then he looked over to a beautiful yet glum looking Allison. Looking around he spotted Lottie laughing wildly as she waved him over to dance with her and Danny. Sighing he tossed the remainder of his drink in the trash and stood, taking Allison's hand and leading her over to Lottie.

Stiles watched on, never having wished he was Danny as much as he was in that moment.

"You want to dance?" Stiles asked Lydia.

"Pass."

"You sure?"

"Quite." Lydia replied bluntly.

"Let me try that again. Lydia, get off your ass and dance with me." Stiles insisted, sticking his hand out to the girl who still wasn't convinced.

"Interesting tactic. I'm going to stick with no."

"Get up. You're going to dance with me. You know I used to have a crush on you. Like since the third grade and so I know somewhere inside that cold, lifeless exterior there's an actual human soul." Stiles rambled. "And I'm also pretty sure I'm the only person - except for maybe Lottie because she knows everything, don't tell her I said that - who knows how smart you really are and that when you're done pretending to be a nitwit you'll eventually go off and write some mathematical theorem that wins you a Nobel Prize." Stiles finished as Lydia smiled lightly. She wasn't offended that he no longer had a crush on her. After all, that clever brain of hers figured out who he was after long before he knew himself and how could she fault his taste?

"Fields Prize." She replied.

"What?"

"Nobel doesn't have a prize for mathematics. The Fields Medal is the one I'll be winning." Lydia explained, holding out her hand to him.

Slightly stunned, Stiles takes her hand and leads her onto the dance floor. Lottie's dancing slows as she sees the two of them, her smiling fading just a touch.

"You okay?" Danny asked, following her gaze.

Shaking her head, she smiles back up at him. "Of course. I'm just going to grab a drink okay?"

"Sure-" She'd already gone. Which was perfect really because as she left Coach Finstock noticed Scott.

"McCall! I see you." He shouted as the music changed and a slow song came on.

"Dance with me." Scott told Danny as he stood in front of him.

"What? No. I'm waiting for-"

"Danny, please. Dance with me. Right now." Scott begged as he put his arms awkwardly around Danny as Lottie spotted the two and laughed behind her hand. Noticing a smile on the girl's face, Danny went along with it.

"McCall, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Coach fumed as he made his way over to the two boys. "You're not supposed to..." Coach suddenly became aware that instead of it looking like he was scolding a stowaway, it looked like he was scolding two teen gays trying to enjoy a dance together. "I was... I mean, I wasn't... I'm not... You guys don't think I'm..." He stuttered before walking away horrified.

"Thanks, dude. I owe you." Scott thanked Danny before beelining for Allison.

"Yes. I'd love to dance with you." She said before he could even offer. Lottie watched on with a smile. Her bottom lip quivered slightly when she caught sight of Stiles and Lydia slow dancing. Taking a shaky breath she left the dance floor and made her way to the toilets.

"Snap out of it Lottie. What has gotten into you?" She whispered to herself as she stood before herself in the mirror, running the cold tap over her wrists to cool herself down. "I'm going crazy. I always tell people that talk to themselves that they're crazy and now I'm doing it." She continued to ramble.

"You okay?" Lottie jumped in the air and Lydia's voice.

"Yeah. Just having a moment. Where are you going?" Lottie asked.

"To find Jackson." She mumbled almost shyly.

"You need some help?" Lottie grinned. As much as she wanted nothing more than to run to Stiles and have that dance with him Lydia was showing her vulnerable side at the minute and she needed her.

"I'd like that very much."

"Let's start at his car, eh?"

The duo made their way down the steps of the school's entrance stopping in their tracks when they noticed Jackson's usually spotless Porsche was covered in glass. Lottie wrapped her shawl around herself tighter, the cold was biting at her skin. Knowing something wasn't right, she sent a quick text to her groupchat with Stiles and Scott.

~ with lydipad, looking for jackson, something not right, car all smashed, i'll keep you updated ~

"Jackson?" Lydia called out as they walked further through the car park. They reach the outskirts of the completely pitch black lacrosse field when Lydia swears she sees him.

"Lydipad, maybe we should call him. Something about this doesn't seem right." Lottie warned. She wasn't stupid, they were isolated and alone and Peter was out there. This felt like a recipe for a disaster.

"He's there! Jackson!" Lydia shouted making her way across the pitch black field, dragging Lottie with her.

~ sos, lacrosse field. bad vibes, come quickly ~

"Jackass? Is that you?" Lottie asked cautiously, having a horrible feeling that it wasn't. "Jack-" She was cut off as she was struck round the head effectively knocking her out as Lydia screamed in horror as the bleacher lights came on.

"Who-"

"Lottie!" Stiles shouted as he ran across the lacrosse field. "Lydia, run! Run!"

Lydia turned away from Stiles and back to the figure, seemingly in a trance as he walked up to her, opening his jaw and biting down on her wrist.

Then she screamed.

Stiles carried on running till he was face to face with Peter, looking between Lottie and Lydia - both of whom were unconscious - with a horrified look on his face, his gaze focused on Lottie making sure she was still breathing. He reached for Lydia who was closest and dragged her away from Peter, laying her behind him. Turning his focus back on Lottie now that he'd deemed Lydia safe.

"Don't kill her. Please." He begged, keeping his eyes on Lottie, trying to reach for the girl but stopping as Peter lunged in front of her.

"Of course. Just tell me how to find Derek." Peter requested calmly.

"What?"

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale." Peter repeated.

"I--I don't know that. How would I know?" Stiles stuttered and panicked. He felt like his whole world was in the palm of Peter's hand and he was slowly crushing it, he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Because you're the smart one, aren't you? And because I can smell it on you. Deception has a particularly acrid scent, Stiles. So how about you tell me the truth before I rip her apart." Peter deducted, looking down at Lottie. "And it would be such a shame, she really is a special one after all."

"I don't know. I swear to God, I don't." Stiles pleaded.

Peter, having had enough, pulled Lottie in a seated position in front of him, bringing his canine fangs to her neck, breathing heavily as Stiles began to tear up.

"Please, please stop." He begged, trying desperately to stop the tears from falling, wiping the sleeves of his dad's suit jacket against his eyes rapidly. "I really- please not her- I can't- No I-"

"Tell me." Peter growled, ignoring the boy's whimpers.

"Okay, okay. I think--I think he knew–" Stiles stuttered.

"Knew what?"

"Derek--knew he was going to be caught." Stiles explained.

"By the Argents?" Stiles nodded.

"When they got shot, him and Scott-- I think he took Scott's phone. They all have GPS now. If Derek still has it, if it's still on..." He gazed back down to Lottie before meeting Peter's eyes. "You can still find him."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.9K 148 14
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 emery jameson realizes her love will never be enough for him. - isaac lahey x female oc teen wolf ( season 2 - season 3 ) started: no...
122K 3.8K 95
𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 Riley Winters thought nothing good would come...
176K 4.1K 94
"You fell in love with the feeling. But you didnt fall in love with me." She was the confident girl, he was the awkward boy. Could it be anymore obv...
13.6K 376 23
"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑" Book 1 Stiles Stilinski x Fem!OC TW S1-2 Started: 04/17/24 ...