New Beginnings

由 smaptainxshmerica

"This is a New Beginning." "You're my safe space." The story continues of four people starting to live again... 更多

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
New Story: A Winter's Storm
THE END

ELEVEN

91 3 46
由 smaptainxshmerica

The five of them are now walking up an incline heading towards Mama Donya's memorial until they hear an annoyingly similar voice speed walking down some flight of stairs. "Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit," John shouts.

Aurora and Hallie roll their eyes. 

"Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky sarcastically asks.

"Come on. You think four Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Lemar remarks.

"Seriously, you two are like annoying ass bugs that won't stop bugging us...like roaches. They never seem to go away," Hallie retorts and Aurora chuckles at the comment.

"Ha ha," John remarks rolling his eyes, "No more keeping us in the dark. You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

Bucky shrugs, "He did that himself, technically."

John scoffs as he raises his hands and starts walking towards Zemo, "This better be an unbelievable explana..."

Sam stops him, "Hey, take it easy before it gets weird."

"It already got weird but alright," Aurora mutters.

"I know where Karli is," Zemo says about to walk past John but he stops him. "Well, where?"

"All we know is, it's a memorial. So, we're gonna intercept her there," Sam explains as they walk past the two.

Lemar sighs, "That means civilians. High risk of casualties."

"All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise," John simply says.

"We had a different plan," Aurora states.

"I wanna talk to her alone," Sam says.

John shakes his head, "I'm not losing her again."

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable," Sam explains. "Now is the best time to reason with her."

John frowns as he starts running past everyone and stands before them making them stop, "What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay? I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you," Lemar says.

"Or will talk to him. You know attacking first is not always the best option. Most of the time it's never the good option," Hallie says.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die," Sam states.

John looks at Bucky, "You'll let him do this?" He then looks at Hallie, "Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

"He can handle himself you know," Hallie remarks.

"He's dealt with worse," Bucky adds.

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay? This is in my wheelhouse," Sam points out. Aurora looks over to see Lemar deep in thought as he is considering Sam's idea.

"I know," John replies. "And I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea."

"Wait, John," Lemar cuts in and John looks at him. "If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try."

John scoffs as he shakes his head contemplating. He looks at Zemo, "We'll deal with you later."

Zemo raises his hands in surrender, "I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion. My associate is just up ahead."  They look up ahead to see a little girl waiting for him. Zemo walks up to her as the others follow. "Hello, my friend. This is for your family," Zemo hands cash to the girl who takes it. "Can you show us the way?" The girl gestures for them to follow as she turns around and starts to lead the way. Zemo turns his head and nods and they follow.

John frowns, "What the hell?"

The girl leads them through the back into a room which looks like their electrical room. The girl opens the door which leads to a stairwell and she points at it. "Karli's in there," Zemo says.

"All right," Sam nods as he starts to walk towards the door. John aggressively grabs Zemo and handcuffs him to a circular door. "Hey. You got ten minutes."

"Really?" Zemo grunts.

"Then we're doing things my way," John states and Aurora rolls her eyes again.

"Aggressive. But I get it," Zemo says and John just looks at him.

A minute or so has passed and Bucky, Aurora, and Hallie all sit on the small steps by the door as Lemar leans against the wall while John paces back and forth.

"All of his pacing is making me dizzy. It's annoying," Aurora murmurs. During the few minutes, John had put his helmet on and holding the shield as he paces back and forth muttering to himself.

As they all watch John annoyingly panic, Sam is watching Karli talk about Mama Donya.

"I don't remember my mother or my father. Same goes for siblings, grandparents, cousins. What I do remember is bein' alone. Worse than bein' hungry or cold or scared. I was alone. Until Mama Donya. Like a lot of you here, Mama Donya saved me. She clothed me, fed me, loved me," Karli says on the verge of tears as she looks up and see's Sam watching. She gasps slightly and stares for a few seconds before recollecting herself as she hands the little boy she is holding to another lady as she walks around. "She taught me that we have to do for each other because they won't. And we know who they are. They imposed struggle and hardship on us, then labeled us as criminals for pushing back. But the struggle is what brings us all together. People who have nothin' in common. For we are, after all, simply one world and one people. So live accordingly."

Everyone starts to leave after awhile as Karli stares at Mama Donya before turning around to face Sam, "I saw you back there."

"I came alone. I just wanna talk," Sam slowly approaches.

"Bold of you," Karli remarks.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Sam genuinely says.

Karli scoffs, "Don't condescend me. I'm not a child."

"I'm not. I know what it's like to lose someone. Believe me," Sam says.

Karli shakes her head, "No, you don't. Not like this."

"It doesn't have to be a war, Karli," Sam says.

"They started a war as soon as they kicked us out of our new homes and onto the street," Karli exclaims. "People around the world need me. Millions of them."

"Right, I can't speak for millions, but I understand you. I understand your frustration. I understand your helplessness," Sam says and Karli softens up a little.

"So, you want me to stop because people are gettin' hurt, right? But, Sam, what if I'm making the world a better place?" Karli looks at him.

"No, it's not a better place if you're killin' people. It's just different," Sam states.

Karli smiles a little as she sits on a table, "You're either brilliant or just hopelessly optimistic."

Sam chuckles, "Well, can't I be a little bit of both?"

Karli shakes her head, "No." Sam sits down next to her as the two continue to talk.

Back downstairs, John is still pacing, "Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea."

"It hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight," Bucky says annoyed.

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me," John scoffs. Aurora frowns, "He's not."

"He knows what he's doing," Bucky says.

Hallie nods, "See, even Bucky will admit Sam knows what he is doing. Just wait John. Everything doesn't need to end in a fight. Also, if Sam was really in trouble right now. We would've heard something."

John shakes his head as he puts the shield on his arm and storms over to them, "I'm goin' in."

They all get up and block him. Lemar walks behind John as Zemo just stares since he can't do anything.

John looks down annoyed before looking back up at Bucky. Something in his eyes and demeanor has changed. It was cold and full of anger. Aurora didn't like it one bit. 

"This is all really easy for you, isn't it?" John asks glaring at Bucky who frowns. "All that serum runnin' through your veins. Barnes, Sam needs backup in there. Do you really want his blood on your hands?"

Aurora now frowns as she steps in front of John, "Knock it off you asshat."

"What?" John glares.

"Do you really think that he wanted this? Do you think he purposefully fell off a train and got captured by Hydra on purpose who gave him the serum unwillingly, gave him a metal arm, and brainwashed him for 70+ years? Having to fight basically his whole life? Do you really think he wanted all of this and this is easy for him?" Aurora scoffs as Bucky looks at Aurora in surprise as Hallie gives Aurora a proud look. "You really are an asshole and I can tell you right now. You do NOT deserve Steve's shield. If Steve could hear you right now he would want to knock you out right about now. Talking to his best friend like that. The guy who's work apparently inspired yours? How do you think he would react? Not well. Bucky may not respond to anything you just said but you just made the cousin of an original Avenger angry. Not to mention my cousin is also married to the original Star Spangled Man with the Plan. So fuck off."

John goes silent as he stares at Aurora. Hallie smirks, "Damn Aurora. First at the police station now here. I'm so proud."

Aurora turns and looks at Bucky who gives her an appreciative smile. John shakes his head and runs as he pushes past them anyways with Lemar following.

"Oh for fucks sake John," Hallie groans as they follow after them.

"John, let Sam talk to her for gods sake," Aurora says.

"Enough time has passed," John argues.

"This is a horrible idea," Hallie says.

"This guy I know, who knows more about Super Soldiers than anyone else on the planet, he says... you're a supremacist," Sam says referring to Zemo.

Karli scoffs, "Me?"

Sam nods, "Yeah."

"That's ridiculous. Everything I do is to end supremacy. These corporations and the beasts who run them, they're the supremacists," Karli states.

"So, let me ask you. You have more serum, right?" Sam asks.

Karli looks away and mutters, "So?"

"Are you going to increase your army?" Sam asks looking at her. "You're killin' innocent people."

Karli shakes her head standing up, "They're not innocent. They're roadblocks in my journey and I'd kill them again if I had to."

"Wow," Sam says and Karli turns facing him quickly realizing what she sounded like.

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that. You tricked me into sounding like..." Karli trails off.

"Like what?" Sam asks raising his eyebrows.

"The people I'm fightin' are trying to take your home, Sam. Why are you here instead of stopping them?" Karli asks and Sam sighs, "You know, my sister's waiting for that exact same answer. I'm not your enemy. I agree with your fight. I just can't get with the way you're fightin' it. And I'm sure she wouldn't either." Karli looks over at Mama Donya before John walks in.

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest," John shouts as they are trying to stop him.

"John, wait!" Hallie exclaims.

Karli takes a step back and looks at Sam betrayed, "This is what that was?"

Sam instantly shakes his head, "No, wait..."

"Tricking me until help came?" Karli scoffs.

Sam looks at John who scoffs, "We had enough time to talk."

"Why don't you..." John begins to say but Karli punches the shield making him fly back knocking Sam down with him, "Nazi."

Lemar tries to stop Bucky but Bucky shoves him away glaring.

"Stay the hell out of this. You two already ruined it," Aurora glares as Karli starts running away as she jumps ontop of the banister. Bucky quickly doing the same as he chases after her. As Bucky chases after her, Sam, Hallie, and Aurora run another way trying to find a shortcut. 

As they run they make it to some room where they almost run into Bucky. "Shit," Sam says out of breath.

"I lost her," Bucky says.

"This place is a maze," Aurora says as they shake their heads and begin to leave. As they leave they see Zemo unconscious. Bucky and Sam both carry him out as they head back to the apartment.

Later, Zemo is laying on the couch with a cold wash cloth around his eyes. Sam is at the table typing on his computer with Hallie sitting next to him. Bucky and Aurora are outside taking a small walk as the two look for John and Lemar. Bucky looks at Aurora, "Hey, thank you for sticking up for me back there."

Aurora smiles, "Of course. Someone has to put John in his place."

Bucky smiles, "True. You do a good job at that. But I appreciate it. The only person who truly has ever had my back is Steve. And then Sabrina. They became a package deal."

Aurora chuckles at that. "But in all seriousness, I do appreciate it," Bucky says sincerely. 

"It was my pleasure," Aurora smiles. 

Meanwhile, back in the apartment. "Were you ever offered it?" Zemo asks out of the blue.

"What?" Sam asks.

"The serum," Zemo responds.

"No," Sam shakes his head.

"If you had been, hypothetically, that is, would you have taken it?" Zemo then asks.

Sam instantly responds without hesitation, "No."

"No hesitation. That's impressive," Zemo says as he takes the cloth off him and sits up. "Sam, you can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super Soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

"Isn't that how gods talk?" Sam frowns.

"And if that's how you feel, what about Bucky?" Hallie adds in. "Blood isn't always the solution."

Before anyone can say anything else, Bucky and Aurora walk in. Bucky takes his jacket off, "Something's not right about Walker."

Hallie fake gasps, "You don't say."

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one," Bucky responds as he goes to the bar and gets two glasses, one for him and one for Aurora. "Because I am crazy."

"Can't argue with that," Sam says.

Bucky pours the drinks, "Shouldn't have given him the shield." Bucky hands a glass to Aurora who gladly takes it and takes a sip.

"I didn't give it," Sam states.

"Well, Steve definitely didn't," Bucky retorts taking a sip of his drink.

Suddenly John aggressively opens the door, "All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over."

"Like hell you are," Hallie glares.

"Hey, slow your roll. Shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth," Sam says standing up.

"Now, I had Karli and you overstepped," Sam glares at John who looks away. Sam then points at Zemo, "He's actually proven himself useful today."

"We'll need all hands on deck for whatever's comin' next," Sam says.

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, huh?" John says in a threatening tone as he takes a step towards Sam. John laughs, "Yeah." Lemar frowns looking at John like he lost his mind.

"Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?" John asks putting the shield down. Hallie glares at John ready to punch him but suddenly a Wakandan soldier steps in and throws a spear barely missing John's face as it goes through a wall. 

"Well this got more complicated," Aurora mutters. 

A/N: Ughhhhh I hate John. Honestly, Lemar isn't bad. Yes he was a bit cocky in the beginning but he wasn't a bad character. He would've been more likeable if he wasn't friends with John. John on the other hand. I don't think I hated a character as much as I hate him. I mean there's Thanos but that is a different type of hate.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

78.1K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
23.6K 648 21
This is a Sequel to Hydra's Hope and a prequel to Winter's Widow. The love of your life Bucky Barnes has been Snapped and you find comfort in Steve R...
19.2K 387 47
Evelyn had lost everything the day Hydra took her. Her friends, her family, and her freedom. She had given up hope and then The Avengers attacked t...
228K 5K 63
After the blip is reversed the remaining Avengers have to figure out how to carry on without their leaders, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. Some have ma...