COTE: A Gathering of Geniuses

Bởi TuskActIV

Then, should he play the puppet mastermind that pulled the strings behind the scenes? No. There was no need t... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 Class 1-D
Chapter 1 Class 1-B
Chapter 1 Class 1-C
Chapter 1 Class 1-A
Case of Assault Incident Class C
Case of Assault Incident Class B
Case of Assault Incident Class A
Case of Assault Incident Class D
Deserted Island Special Test Part 1 Class D
Deserted Island Special Test Part 1 Class B
Deserted Island Special Test Part 1 Class A

Deserted Island Special Test Part 1 Class C

99 5 0
Bởi TuskActIV

Class C Day 2

Ryūen Kakeru sighed.

Currently, he was enjoying himself leaning against a beach chair wearing only a pair of swimming trunks. Set on the small table next to him was a cold bottle of water and a plate of barbecue, the scent of cooked spiced meat still fresh. This felt like paradise.

On his front, a tropical beachside where all of his classmates were enjoying themselves to the fullest. Some were enjoying themselves with a good swim. Others had set-up a net to play some beach volleyball.

On his left, a treasury of supplies, ranging from all kinds of food to coolers filled with chilled drinks, perfect to stave away the glaring sun above.

On his right, his platoon of loyal subordinates. From Ishizaki to Yamada, each one standing at the ready to heed his call. Even Ibuki was there with a typical scowl on her pretty face.

Of course Ryūen needed to let her know such things weren't allowed in his kingdom.

"Mio, why don't you go and join the other girls on the beach? Seeing you in a jersey is a blemish on the sight in front of me."

"You..." Mio did her best to hold back the anger simmering within her. She honestly didn't care what the asshole said as she had bigger complaints at the moment. "Is this really, okay?"

"Oh?" Ryūen lowered his gaze to look her in the eye. "You're questioning my methods?"

"I would if I could make sense of them." She folded her arms, scowling as she looked to the side. "Are we really just going to play around?"

"Of course, that was the contract I made with Takamine, after all. Which reminds me, why don't you go make sure Hiyori has a good time. She's been moping since she heard Takamine didn't come."

"Ugh. Fine. With a frown on her face, Mio left towards the rest of the class.

"Yamada go follow her. Make sure they eat something good."

"Yes, boss."

The large man left to follow after Mio, leaving only Ishizaki and the other two. Actually, Ryūen needed both of them gone due to guests from Class D he was expecting to arrive soon. It was a bit too early to have those two by his side.

For now, he would have these three, who had caused Class D a bit of trouble, look to be subservient under him. This would grow his image in their eyes of the true boss of Class C. Ryūen had sent the two earlier carrying drinks and snacks, not just to rub it in but also as an invitation to visit Class C's base camp.

Resting his heads on his hands, Ryūen looked the relaxed vacationer every other class must be thinking he was. He turned his gaze back to see three figures in red and white jerseys walk up to him. With a lazy yet relaxed tone, he greeted them with an appropriate royal welcome from a king.

"Yo."

All that got him was a scalding glare from the girl at the forefront of the group. Her angry gaze would roast him harder than the sun above if it could.

"You seem to be living the luxurious life."

Horikita Suzune. A girl who had many rumors surrounding her. A girl who had the student council under her control with the vice president wrapped around her finger and also shared the same last name as the current president. All Ryūen knew was that this was the girl who had led the trial against his plans.

"Well, it is what it is." Ryūen turned his eyes away from her and to the beach front ahead of him, knowing her gaze would follow his own. "Class C is simply enjoying our summer vacation to the fullest."

"You do know this is an exam, right? Do you even understand the rules?"

"If the leader is useless, those below them will be the ones who suffer the consequences."

"Oho? Ishizaki, you and the other two go and get yourselves some food."

"Thank you, Ryūen-san!" With excited words, Ishizaki left to have fun with the rest of the Class. Ryūen finally turned his head to his guests with a smirk.

"They sound quite thankful to me. Maybe, you're just not used to hearing those words with that glare." Suzune's eyebrow twitched at his words. "As you can see, we're just enjoying our summer vacation, test or not. For this exam, we're not your enemies. Do you understand?"

Suzune only shook her head. She'd probably have rolled her eyes to if she wasn't busy glaring at him as if Ryūen was garbage.

"We're trying to warn you. You're an idiot."

"Oh, Suzune. You really don't think I would do such a thing would you?" That got a curious but skeptical look from the dark haired girl. "It is true that Class D would put up with starvation, heat, and futility for a measly 100 or 200 class points but I can't afford to continue giving you lot such compassionate pity.

"Trust me. You don't want to know what I think of you. Wait, what do you mean by pity?"

"Kukuku. So you do think of me? When you're with your boytoys? Then let me clear the misunderstanding." Ryūen theatrically sighed. "The very same one who requested to withdraw the complaint also told me to thoroughly enjoy Summer Vacation. That's right, you only got away in the hearing because someone decided to show you losers mercy."

"Withdrawn...but that's..." Suzune's expression morphed from skeptical to confused as she tried to make sense of the connection between the two. Ryūen wasn't even lying, just not revealing the whole truth. Those two requests were separate but she didn't need to know that. "Is this person here?"

"Kakaka! Suzune, you wound me. I'm offering myself right here and yet you continue to look for another man." Ryūen smirked, knowing he was truly getting under her skin. "If you've finished your reconnaissance, leave. But if you wish, we'd welcome you here. You're free to enjoy yourself, whether it's to eat actual cooked meat or to use the jet skis. Or perhaps you would prefer to have a different kind of fun I've heard about? I can prepare a tent for personal use and make you forget the need for you other men."

"You're sick, "spat out Suzune, a thoroughly disgusted gleam in her sharp red eyes that carried a hint of frustration. "Also, I don't know what you've heard but all those rumors are false."

"Oho, even the one about the Student Council President?"

Horikita Suzune's surprised off-guard face filled Ryūen with more joy than anything else they on the back. However, before he could capitalize on her stumble, the voice of one of her companions spoke up.

"Ah, then Shizuku wants to join!"

Huh?

Ryūen turned his eyes away from Suzune to a girl with a face that could easily make top idol. Next to her, Suzune only lowered her head into her palm as if her attempt at ignoring the girl the whole time to deny her existence had failed.

"I'll take you up on your offer, Class C-san."

"The name's Ryūen Kakeru. It's good to know that there are those in Class D that- Oy!"

Before Ryūen could even finish his introduction, the girl, Shizuku, had already started to take off her clothes. Any words that he had to say died as she took of her shirt to reveal that she was already wearing a swimsuit underneath that revealed a lot more than those his own class had rented.

Already, guys all over the beach had turned their attention to the girl's outrageous, even illegal body. Some were even gawking in the middle of riding the jetski or beach volleyball. The girl didn't seem to mind the gazes, even looked to be enjoying it. She met Ryūen's bewildered stare with wink before heading off to the beach.

"Thanks again, Kakkun!"

Ryūen could only dumbly stare at the girl's plump posterior as she walked away before realizing she was referring to him.

Now that he thought about it, didn't Class C get screwed over when it came to girls? Yes, they had their fair share of high-level pretty girls such as Mio and Hiyori but when compared to Class B or Class D, Class C got screwed over. Those two even got hot female teachers while they got...Sakagami. It wasn't saying much when the largest chest size in the class was from Yamada.

At least it was better than Class A where all the "petite" girls were.

"It seems your interest has waned, Kakkun?" Horikita Suzune's voice was anything but playful and was frosty enough to freeze the beach side. "Looks like you're just the same as the rest of the boys of your class."

Ryūen composed himself immediately. This time it seemed he was on the backfoot. He grinned, baring all his white teeth. "There's enough of me to go around, Suzune."

Now, she actually did roll her eyes as she turned to the other compatriot she had brought, some brown-haired guy who looked like a small fry. "Ayanokoji-kun, stay here and make sure no one tries anything untoward Shizuku."

"Oh," was his limp reply. He then followed after the girl who already had a group of boys surrounding her. Guy was never going to get any ass like that.

Suzune then turned sharp eyes to Ryūen. "I don't need to remind you that any form of untoward violence leads to disqualification and loss of PP."

"Huhu, we're not the ones who received a complaint." Ryūen smirked. "Although, if you're that worried you can join your classmate. I'm sure that we can find a swimsuit for you."

"Ugh." With that last word, Suzune turned around and started to walk away. Ryūen watched her retreating figure until it had disappeared then allowed himself to finally drop the flirty smile on his face to be replaced by a serious frown.

The class royal got up from his chair and walked over to two girls who were sitting by the shade. It looked like, even with her resistance, Mio did still end up going to Hiyori after all. Both girls were in swimsuits with Hiyori being in a simply dark one piece while Bio had a surprisingly frilly two piece. When he stopped near the two, the blue haired girl even glared at him as if daring to comment on it.

"I'm happy to see you listened to me, Mio but compared to our new guest from Class D, you're a bit lacking." Ryūen smiled haughtily but his eyes held a cold seriousness. "Why don't you go and make friends with her and learn how to not waste your beauty with such a frown."

As usual, Mio's face twisted in revulsion at his catty comments that bordered sexual harassment. However, her eyes gleamed with sharpness enough for Ryūen to know she got what he really meant: With a sigh, the blue haired girl got up, dragging the silver haired girl next to her along with her.

"Fine. C'mon, Shiina-san. Let's make sure none of those idiots get expelled around her."

As the two girls went towards the direction of the beach, Ryūen went the opposite direction: Towards the forest. Even though he was wearing only a swimsuit, he made his way expertly through all the foliage without any sacrifice to his stride. Eventually, he found himself in an empty clearing.

"Yo, I'm here."

At his declaration, the nearby surrounding trees and bushes started to shake before two boys in jerseys appeared. They approached him with caution which the Class C leader allowed them to. They gave him a once over, exchanging glances.

"Oy oy, don't tell me you still need a pat down when I'm already like this. At least bring a girl then." The two guards ignored him, instead exchanging glances with each other. Eventually, one walked back into the hidden forest to bring back two more boys, this time ones Ryūen recognized.

There was probably some joke he could make here regarding how one of the newcomers had hair that went all the way down to his ankles while the other was just a bald skinhead.

Kamukura Izuru and Katsuragi Kohei, one was a vice president of the student council while the other was the head of one faction of Class A. Both were Ryūen's business partners.

"You look to be enjoying yourself, Ryūen Kakeru." Katsuragi's deep voice spoke as he took in Ryūen's attire, or lack of it.

"Of course." Ryūen replied with a grin. "Did you Class A have fun just as much fun, as well?"

He didn't get any reply from either of the Class A students. Instead, Katsuragi pulled out a piece of paper with Ryūen's signature at the bottom. "If we hang a curtain in front of the cave and hide the stuff there, the other classes won't discover our plan. Did you really think of this yourself?"

On the first day of the test, Ryūen had forged aa contract with the Class A leader in front of him. Class C would use 200 of their points to supply Class A with that same amount in supplies and goods. This meant Class A didn't need to use any of their points at aall.

After the test, Class A would then have to supply Class C with the CP they had offered to them. Basically, Class A would pay 20,000 PP every month for each student of Class C until Ryūen's graduation. It was as if they still had the CP their king had given away.

There was also one more condition...

"So, did the map reach your expectations."

"I do not know where you got this information but, after a day of searching, everything checks out."

Katsuragi's words had Ryūen grinning on the inside even if he continued to wear a cool mask outside. This information was more important than the CP to be gained or even this contract with Class A.

This was confirmation that Takamine was not just all bark and could back up his words quite a bit.

That day they had the hearing between Class C and D. Takamine Kiyomaro had told Ryūen to withdraw the complaint to Class D's Sudo in exchange for something that would help him on the next special exam. Intrigued, Ryūen had agreed.

When they had gotten on the cruise, Shiina Hiyori handed over an envelope to Ryūen containing a detailed map of an island along with information regarding "spots" to gather points as well as gathering spots to gather supplies.

The moment Ryūen realized what this information was he felt ecstasy that no other woman or fight had ever brought to him. He just started laughing maniacally to himself as he stared at the treasure before him and the implications that came with it.

Somehow, that bastard Takamine Kiyomaro had information regarding future special exams. The whole map was hand drawn and, with Takamine's current absence, was prepaaared even before they had gotten on the ship.

Shiina Hiyori then told him that Takamine's only condition was to "allow every member of the class to enjoy the best Summer Vacation they could". In other words, Ryūen could not use this info for himself which was fine with him as he had never been planning to.

For the contact with Class A, Ryūen had offered Katsuragi the upper half of the map on the first day so he could verify it. With such information, finding spots to stack points had little risk and didn't need to waste time scouting.

"Well, here's the second half." Katsuragi took the paper, gave it a glance over then handed over the contract to Ryūen after signing his name on the bottom.

"With this our contract is complete."

"Kukuku, pleasure doing business with you." Ryūen carefully placed the contract in the pocket of his swimtrunks. "You do realize no matter how many spots you have, it's all useless if you have your leader guessed. You're not even going to bother with the leaders?

"We will not. We have our own plans that do not concern you." Katsuragi shook his head before giving a nod to Ryūen. "Even so, I am willing to admit that you have somewhat impressed me. Class C. Perhaps, this will be the first of many contracts."

"Perhaps," was Ryūen's wry reply.

He then gave a glance to the other Class A student who had yet to say a single word in the meeting. The whole time, he simply had a bored expression on his face. "You have no thoughts on this, Vice President-san?"

Kamukura Izuru shook his head. "For this exam, I've decided to leave all responsibility and decisions to Katsuragi Kohei. Whatever opinions I may have does not matter."

"Must be nice to have the guy who got what you couldn't under your control, eh, Katsuragi?" Ryūen then turned his attention to the long haired boy. "Been a while, Kamukura. Suzune popped in just a while ago and I made sure she had a good time."

Both class A students chose to ignore him as they turned around to leave Ryūen by himself in the forest. He took that as his signal to head back himself, making sure that the contract with Class A was still in his pocket.

When Ryūen got back to his kingdom , the first thing he did was make sure to change his clothes. He donned a different pair of trunks topped with an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. Of course, he made sure to secure the contract in a safe location with his leader key card.

Once finished, he made his way over to Mio and Hiyori who were resting on a pair of beach chairs. As usual, the moment the short haired girl spotted him, any remnants of a relaxed expression disappeared.

"Hiyori when we get back tell Takamine I owe him a dinner."

"Just tell him yourself. " was the tactless reply of Hiyori. It seemed being without a book for this long had gotten to her. Thankfully, it was also Class C's last day on this beach.

"That's what I'll do over dinner." Ryūen turned to the other girl. "So, Mio, were you able to finally start enjoying yourself?"

"Not anymore," she sighed. "Besides, everyone's attention has just been on that Class D girl. She's been flirting with the boys non-stop. I couldn't stand watching them so I needed some space."

"Oho? Nothing worth reporting?"

"No, but there is one thing. She wanted a camera so she could take pictures. When she said they could just send her copies after the trip and keep the original, those idiots were practically tripping over themselves to order one."

Ryūen shrugged at that. Normally, no one was allowed to use the points but he was in a particularly good mood thanks to the exchange with Class A earlier. "We should still have a few more points leftover. How can I be mad with that exchange? Who has the camera now?"

Mio looked annoyed at that question but she still answered with a dismissal wave of her hand.

"Oh, that guy from Class D's been in charge of taking pictures for her. He changed to his own swim trunks too because the girl wanted pictures in the water."

"Well, I can't have them have all the fun." At that, Ryūen got up and started making his way to the beach side. "See you, girls later."

...

"Just when I thought I could relax, he reared his ugly head back. I just can't stand that guy."

"Really? I thought you both got along really well. I wish Kiyomaro could have come."

"First, just no. Also, yeah, why isn't Takamine here? Did he get sick?"

"He never told me. Although wouldn't it be funny if he had overslept and missed the boat."

"Takamine's the smartest in the class. There's no way that happened."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

478 12 18
Izuku Midoriya has always been an outcast. When he goes to a prestigious school for only the best in the country, things aren't what they seem. Force...
5.2K 293 11
12 WR students have been ordered to attend ANHS with the intent to not hold back, however unknown to them, they will be facing people who are deemed...
39.5K 844 58
"Makoto Naegi is the Ultimate Lucky Student as the esteemed school of Hope's Peak Academy. Now beginning his second year with little to no problems...
5.9K 267 20
We never asked for this. We were born different, raised differently, taught differently. Everything about us is different. The only single similarity...