Far From The Fame | A Demon S...

بواسطة -Ishimura-

In a far, distant land, Vampire Hunters protect their lands from the vampire menace. Much like Demon Slayers... المزيد

The Vampire Hunters
A New Type of Enemy
The Journey Begins
Who Are You?
A Heart Ablaze
The Serpent and The Hunter
Demon Slayer Training
What Makes You Strong
The Final Selection
The Hunter's Sword
The Hunt is on!
Before the storm
A Tale From The Past - Part 2

A Tale From The Past - Part 1

319 7 2
بواسطة -Ishimura-

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to another chapter!

I'm really happy I was able to post this chapter this week. I wasn't feeling too well for a few days, just a cold that kept me out of action for a little while, nothing to worry about. Thankfully I'm already recovering.

This is the first chapter of the little "Ulrich's backstory arc", which shouldn't last more than two or three chapters. Just to explain a little about the character or whatnot, I'm sure you guys want to see more action soon, and I'll deliver!

I hope you enjoy this one! Don't forget to leave a vote if you really enjoyed it, it helps a ton!

I'll see you in the next one!

Kisses!

>>>>>⚔️<<<<<

Ten...

Years...

Ago...

The distinctive sound of metal hitting on wood broke the silence in the forest. The birds and animals were used to the sound by now, from many years of hearing it every day at the same time of the day, early in the morning.

A young, blonde boy with blue eyes, medium length hair, wearing a simple dark brown robes and trousers, as well as sturdy boots to help him navigate the terrain, as well as leather gloves to protect his hands. He swung his axe at the tree trunk, already too old and weathered, almost falling over by itself. Finally, in a final swing of his axe, the tree fell, the cracking sound of the wood finally giving in to its own weight.

"One more of these, and we're done for today." Said the boy wiping the sweat that fell from his forehead.

As he approached another tree, ready to swing his axe once more, the voice of a young woman called for him.

"Ulrich, Ulrich!"

He turned around to meet a young girl, dressed in a simple, blue dress adorned with red and yellow flowers. She wore a linen coif, the same color as her dress. Her eyes, just as her brother, were blue. She also carried a basket, covered with another piece of cloth.

"What is it, sis?" Questioned Ulrich.

"Mother made your favorite." She placed it down on a big rock near Ulrich. "Bienenstich!"

"Oh? That's great!" He was surprised. "Thank you for bringing it here!"

It was a simple, peaceful life, away from the turmoil of the modern world. Ulrich lived with his mother and sister, working as a woodsman to help in providing the few comforts they needed.
Every day, he would wake up early to start his day of work, looking for the oldest trees in the forest that surrounded their home.

"Don't forget to head home early today! You don't wanna catch a cold!" Warned Leonie, worried about her brother. Being only one year older, she still held the responsibility of taking care of her brother, despite the difference in their ages being minimal.

"Don't worry! I will! Promise!"

Later that day, as the sun went down, he did as he promised and headed home, after piling the logs he collected, another day of hard work done.

A small, humble, yet sturdy, wooden shack, built by their father, who passed away a few winters ago. Ulrich met his sister again, and his mother, Emma. A beautiful woman of long, brunette hair. Her eyes, as her kids, were blue. Average height and a fit body, perhaps a little too much for a housewife. Wearing a simple green dress, adorned with white cloths.

The lovely smell in the air of a freshly made dinner welcomed the young boy as he opened the door.

"I'm home!" He said, leaving his axe behind the door and his coat at the coat rack, sitting down at the table. "I could smell something great from outside!"

"You're just in time, Ulrich." Emma welcomed her son. "How was your work today?"

"Pretty good... I'd say we'll make some good money soon."

"I see." She approached the table, carrying a plate of beef stew, setting it down.

"Thank you!" Ulrich quickly ate the stew like it was first meal in ages.

Emma chuckled, watching the blonde boy.

"Hm?" He looked back, wondering what that was about.

"You look more like your father every day."

Ulrich smiled, taking that as a great compliment.

"Thanks!"

After a fine dinner and a bath, Ulrich headed to his room he shared with his sister for now. The small house could only fit two bedrooms, with a third one under construction.

Such was the life of Ulrich...

Simple, peaceful...

But the story of how he became a ruthless, merciless hunter couldn't become in a peaceful way.

Ulrich woke up in the middle of the night, agitated. He couldn't shake a terrible feeling of dread coursing through every inch of his body. The goosebumps, his hair standing up. He couldn't ignore the feeling that something was about to happen.

Ulrich quickly jumped from his bed, shaking his sister, who slept on the other side of the bedroom.

"Sis! Sis! Wake up!"

"Huh?" Leonie looked back, still hazy from her slumber. "What is it?"

"Something bad... I can feel it! A terrible presence!"

"Ulrich, I already told you to stop reading those silly stories about monsters and Vampires, it always makes you paranoid!"

"Sis! I'm sure of it!"

Leonie simply brushed off his paranoia, turning away and trying to sleep again.

"Go to sleep, Ulrich. It's late."

Still, Ulrich couldn't simply ignore his sense. He carefully, with trembling hands, opened the door leading out the bedroom.

As he headed out, he decided to check on his mother. Making his way there, the cold wind of the night blew on his skin, drawing his attention to the front door cracked open.

"What?"

"Ulrich! Look out!" Emma pulled him back by the shoulder, saving the boy from a strange shadow that attacked. Ulrich fell back, dazed.

"Fifteen years looking for you, and THIS is where you've been hiding?! Vampire Hunter?!" Yelled the creature, holding her up by the neck, pressing the woman against the wall.

Yes, a creature.

For the thing didn't quite look like a person. It did have the features of a tall, slim man. But the pale white skin, the unusually long fangs, the unusually long nails, the dark sclera, and red pupils, it was clear that it wasn't just a man, but a Vampire. Wearing all black robes and a long black hair, the monster kept her at bay easily.

"Mother!" Ulrich, dazed still, tried to get up, but the monster simply knocked him back again with a flick of his free arm.

"Did you think you could hide forever?!" He looked at Ulrich. "I see. You were hiding because of these little runts of yours! I know all about it!" Glared the vampire. "You killed my entire clan, now you'll pay for your crimes!"

Emma had a small knife in her hand, and with a swift stab to the neck, she managed to free herself from the Vampire's grasp.

"Ulrich! Get your sister and run away! Now!" Yelled Emma. She pushed the Vampire back, who held his stab wound in shock.

"Silver?!"

Ulrich tried to run away, but the Vampire was faster than the kid. Taking him as a hostage.

"Let's see how you like it!" The Vampire prepared to stab the boy with his elongated fingernails.

"No!" Emma jumped, holding his arm, keeping the Vampire from killing her son.

The two struggled, and Ulrich used the moment to escape once again, if only for a second. The Vampire managed to push her away, his fingernails already on their way to stab the boy in the back.

"Die!" Yelled the Vampire.

The sound of stabbing taking the air from someone's lungs...

Ulrich fell back as his mother sacrificed herself to shield him.

"M-Mother?!"

Emma looked back, with blood pouring from her mouth.

"Ulrich... run!"

He couldn't even think...

His legs were shaking...

His eyes filled with tears...

All he could think about was saving himself...

Running away...

"Finally, this harlot is dead!" The Vampire pulled away his fingernails. "Now... it's your turn!" He glared at Ulrich.

When suddenly, pouncing on the villain's back, Leonie jumped from the shadows, silver knife in hand, stabbing the Vampire.

"Ulrich! Run away, now!" She yelled.

"You little!-" The Vampire struggled to get her. Leonie kept a strong grip, in combination with the silver blade, made her stand a chance in the fight.

"Just go, Ulrich!" Leonie yelled. "Get out of here! Now! Ulrich! Nooow!"

He could see the struggle in her eyes... the despair, yet his sister kept fighting, while Ulrich could barely move.

Somehow, he mustered the strength to stand up, running away in the first opportunity he had. Ulrich ran like the wind, moving away from the house. He cried as he heard the struggle of his sister, who did her best to give him his only chance to escape.

In their struggle, they knocked down an oil lamp. That combined with the furniture and wood construct of the house quickly turned into a big fire.

"Leonie!" Ulrich tried to run back, but a mixture of his cowardice and the fire kept him back.

Kneeling down in desperation, he cried, cursing himself for being so weak, so spineless.

When in that moment, by a miracle, covered in blood, in scars, in burns, Leonie stepped out of the burning house.

"Sis?!" Ulrich ran to meet his sister.

"Ul..-rich." Leonie fell down to her knees, and finally, she fell forward, unconscious.

"Sis! Sis!" Ulrich desperately tried to help but couldn't wake her up.

"Somebody! Please, help!" He yelled in despair, but their home was far away from anyone who might have heard his plea.

Ulrich couldn't stand the scene. His heart felt heavy.

His breathing out of control.

His skin, his blood both going cold.

A sharp pain in his heart.

"Somebody..." His consciousness fading. "Help..."

Ulrich fell down, slowly drifting away, as the sound of voices around could be heard.

"Check the house! See if anyone else is there!"

"Make sure the Vampire is dead!"

"Damn it! We were too late!"

"Hey! These two are still alive!"

⚔️

"On that fateful night...it was my first encounter with that which I promised myself hunt and destroy for the rest of my life; Vampires." Concluded Ulrich.

"So... you were a coward." Coldly said Obanai.

"Iguro!" Mitsuri said in an unhappy tone.

"What?"

"Heh, that's one way to put it." Said Ulrich, taking another shot of sake.

"No, there's no other way to put it. You were a coward." The Snake Hashira continued. "I just hope you're not one to this day."

"My apologies if I'm being impolite, but this cake is delicious!" Said Shinobu. "Your mother taught you well!"

"Thanks!"

"Please, continue your story." She said, grabbing another slice of cake.

"Very well." Ulrich agreed. "The day after that was when my sister and I learned the truth about our mother..."

⚔️

"They took care of us, of my sister's wounds... they helped us understand what happened."

"Your mother was part of the Vampire Hunter Legion." Explained a tall, muscular man of short brown hair, green eyes, rocking the classic vampire hunter armor. "She was one of the best. But even the best of us make mistakes, even if it takes fifteen years." He looked saddened. "Your mother kept you safe, away from the war going on against the Vampires, she already lost your father because of it, she couldnt lose you two as well. She chose this, and we respected it, just ill respec her wish if this ever happened. I'll take care of you from now on, my name is Johann."

"I didn't know at the time, but Johann would make the following years feel like hell. He knew we were thirsty for revenge, and he used that to shape us into what we would become."

"If you two really want to proceed, then step forward. If not, don't. Not everyone is built for this, and I'll understand if you feel you can't do it. But know this... you may regret stepping forward in the future."

"We were just kids... we had nowhere to go. We had just lost our mother and the only place we ever called home. Looking back, I guess it was an easy choice for my sister..."

Leonie, without hesitation, stepped forward. She wasn't sure about her brother, though, knowing what had happened.

"But for me..."

Ulrich had a nervous look.

"Ulrich..."

He looked back at his sister, who held her hand to him.

"For mother..."

Ulrich nervously nodded and stepped forward, grabbing her hand.

< === TO BE CONTINUED ===

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

54.1K 1.5K 23
"Do you promise...?" "I promise..." Y/n, less than a quater demon, and more human then not, has been alone most of his entire life. Besides the Kamad...
2.5K 36 8
Welcome to the book of my OCs!
509 60 6
After battling the lower moon one, Aku was invited to join the group on the Mugen Train. Here, they encounter many demons and the flame hashira, who...
7.1K 252 16
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...