Another Friend in Amphibia

By ShadowGear112

"So... what do you think is in the box?" Drake asked. "Probably nothing, they're usually empty when the... More

Drake Cohen Profile
Prologue: Earth
Chapter 1: A Strange New World
Chapter 2: A Cave in the Woods
Chapter 3: A Tower of Toads
Chapter 4: Marcy in Newtopia
Chapter 5: Anne or Beast?
Chapter 6: Best Fronds
Chapter 7: A Creature of the Sea
Chapter 8: A Friend from the Sea
Chapter 9: Sasha in Prison
Chapter 10: Swamp Shire
Chapter 11: The Ghost of Amphibia's Rulers
Chapter 12: Becoming a Battle Queen
Chapter 13: Marcy Meets a King
Chapter 14: Frog Revolution
Chapter 15: The Loyal Ranger
Chapter 16: Bizarre Bazaar
Chapter 17: Otherworldly Collector
Chapter 18: Annual Crop Convention
Chapter 19: Another Monster in Wartwood
Chapter 20: Phone Odyssey
Chapter 21: Children of the Spore
Chapter 22: Anne of the Year
Chapter 23: Reunion
Chapter 24: Aftermath
Chapter 25: A True Show of Strength
Chapter 26: Fort in the Road
Chapter 27: A Newtopian Military Meeting
Chapter 28: The Ballad of Hopediah Plantar
Chapter 29: Anne Hunter
Chapter 30: Truck Stop Polly
Chapter 31: A Caravan Named Desire
Chapter 32: Quarreler's Pass
Chapter 33: Swamp and Sensibility
Chapter 34: Wax Museum
Chapter 35: Marcy at the Gates
Chapter 36: Streets of the Capital
Chapter 37: Drake's Scars
Chapter 38: Newtopia Castle
Chapter 39: Hopping Mall
Chapter 40: A Sleepover to End All Sleepovers
Chapter 41: Farewell Plantars
Chapter 42: The Amphibian Army
Chapter 43: A Delayed Departure
Chapter 44: Battle on the High Seas
Chapter 45: The Island of Pad
Chapter 46: Departure
Chapter 47: The First Temple
Chapter 48: New Wartwood
Chapter 49: A Robot in Wartwood
Chapter 50: Toad to Redemption
Chapter 51: A Fortune Telling Witch
Chapter 52: The Second Temple
Chapter 53: Preparation Day
Chapter 54: The Third Temple
Chapter 55: The Dinner
Chapter 56: Boys vs Girls
Chapter 57: Drake's Thirteenth Birthday
Chapter 58: The Fourth Temple
Chapter 59: Battle of the Bands
Chapter 60a: True Colors (Anne)
Chapter 60b: True Colors (Marcy)
Chapter 60c: True Colors (Sasha)
Chapter 60d: True Colors (Drake)
Chapter 61: Situation Report in Newtopia
Chapter 63: Next Steps
Chapter 64: Nighttime Fireworks
Chapter 65: Storming the Docks
Chapter 66: A Message to the Sky
Chapter 67: Rallying the Newts
Chapter 68: Sasha's Champion
Chapter 69: Humancatcher
Chapter 70: A Civilization Under the Sea
Chapter 71: The Triumvirate
Chapter 72: Bog's Forced March
Chapter 73: Mountain Crossing
Chapter 74: A Race Against Time
Chapter 75: Toad Warfare
Chapter 76: Sparrow Down
Chapter 77: Relief for Newtopia
Chapter 78: Battle Meetings
Chapter 79: The Battle of Newtopia
Chapter 80: From Queen to Prisoner
Chapter 81: Terror Below the Tides
Chapter 82: A Calamitous Death
Chapter 83: The Mourning After
Chapter 84: Slayer of Humans
Chapter 85: Last Wish
Chapter 86: Calamity Box
Temporary Chapter: A Quick Question for the Audience
Chapter 87: Rise of the Resistance

Chapter 62: Dungeon Break

780 26 47
By ShadowGear112

Sasha was being marched through the dungeon, surrounded by newt royal guards with her hands bound by rope. Every cell she passed by had multiple prisoners, all of whom were toads who had participated in her attempted coup.

She never thought it would end like this, finding herself as a prisoner once again. But as she was marched into the castle's atrium, she saw the chopping block. That was when reality started to sink in. The executioner stood next to the chopping block, preparing to swing his axe.

There were a few toad soldiers standing with her. Grime was present as well, likely due to their connection.

One of the royal newt guards spoke. "It doesn't have to be this way of course. We have orders to call off the execution if you agree to order the besieging army to retreat immediately."

Grime looked at Sasha. Even when he was in a state of depression, Grime always kept a brave face. This time however, she could see hesitation and a hint of fear. He kept his eyes locked on Sasha's. Clearly, he feared for her life, yet he didn't say anything.

The guard's patience ended immediately. "Very well, let the execution begin!"

Sasha was pushed to the execution block. She wanted to say something, anything but words fail to leave her throat. She watched as the executioner raised his axe, ready to chop her head off with one swing.

That was when she saw something moving on the rooftops.

"Wait!" Grime called out. "I'll give the order. Let her go!"

The executioner stopped. He looked at one of the nearby newt officers who simply nodded at him. Then the executioner lowered his axe, away from Sasha's neck.

Suddenly a burst of black mist appeared that blinded everyone. Only the sounds of clanking armor, footsteps and a sword could be heard in the commotion. After a few seconds, the smoke cleared and the guards as well as the executioner were all dead. A hooded figure dressed in a dark blue outfit stood with a sword drawn.

The figure pulled his hood back. "Hey Sasha!"

"Drake!" Sasha called out. She stood up and ran to him. Unfortunately, hugging him was difficult due to her hands still being bound.

"I'm glad to see you too." Drake replied as he started untying her.

"Where were you? I thought you said you were going to sit this one out." Sasha asked.

"It's a long story but we don't have time for that. We should worry about the here and now." Drake finished untying Sasha.

"Agreed." Grime said as Drake started untying him as well. "We need to free the rest of our men and prepare our next move. Time is of the essence."

"Glad we're on the same page. I need you to take whatever troops you have left and find someplace to hole up. I'll come find you tomorrow." he started to walk away.

"Wait, where are you going?" Sasha asked a little confused about why he was leaving.

"I'm going to secure the entrance to the castle. It'll make your job a lot easier." Drake explained, then he ran off.

Sasha and Grime scavenged from the newt bodies. They got a key to the cell doors and a few weapons. Until they reclaim their equipment, it'll have to do. The duo went back into the dungeon.

Far away, Marcy was roaming the streets in the market district of Newtopia. Many buildings had already been broken into when the toads had sacked Newtopia during the initial takeover. She could see a few people trying to clean up or fix their shops. Planning the repairs was moving much slower than she expected and with the ongoing siege, she probably won't be able to get supplies into the city.

Suddenly, Marcy heard the sound of armored footsteps marching. There were too many steps to simply be a patrol which made her curious. She ran to where she thought the noise was coming from and looked around the corner. There she saw what looked to be an army of toads marching in formation. They weren't wearing King Andria's colors. Sasha and Grime were walking in the front.

Marcy turned around and ran away before she could be spotted. She needed to warn King Andrias of what just happened.

Author's Note

________________________________________________________________________________

Another short chapter is done. Even though this was incredibly short, it's very difficult trying to write original chapters so it seems this arc is going to progress a lot slower than I expected. At least I managed to release one more chapter before the month ends.

Something I will say, I have a few other things going on. I thought about putting this story on hold for a spin off prequel about the Sand Wars. I'm also finally prepared with the Drake prequel story on earth but it'll be difficult trying to get the first chapter out before the end of the month so that will probably be on hold.

We'll see how things go after a few days because my schedule is very hectic right now. There's barely any time to write and when I can, it's not much.

Anyway, Sasha is free and is loose in Newtopia once again. Looks like Drake and Sasha have found themselves in the superior position.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 1.3K 20
What was just your typical day in Ba Sing Se turns into realizing you are helping the Avatar and his friends to defeat the Fire Lord and then into th...
6.1K 150 12
Miguel Rivera is just a regular boy, wanting wanting a peaceful Summer with his best friend Luz until something Magical calls upon them This is an al...
25.2K 320 13
Sonic tries to navigate the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound best friend -- a human named Rainbow Dash. They must soon join forces to...
24.2K 1.1K 27
What happens when the person you've despised so much takes a liking to you? Miku hatsune is book worm that wants to finish high school and gra...