Tender Trifles of Love

Bởi S_Godaria

Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. S... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Character's Introduction
BREAKFAST
ASTHEATICS
NERVOUSNESS
PAST INCIDENT
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2
THE TALK
IT'S A YES
IT'S FIXED
DREAM V/S REALITY
ENGAGEMENT
GREEN EYED MAN
PRE-WEDDING
THE D-DAY
POST-WEDDING
WEDDING NIGHT #1
FIRST DAY
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT
PEHLI RASOI
BACK TO HELL
HOME
HE'S HURT
COTTON CANDY
FIRST DATE
RUINED DATE!!
ONE MONTH!!
UNWANTED GUEST
SHE LIKES HIM!
FIRST KISS-HER & HIS
AFTER EFFECTS OF KISS
CLEARING MISUNDERSTANDING
THE MOMENTS
LOVE, FAMILY, OFFENCE
PYAR
STOMACH ACHE
REALISATION

ENGAGEMENT #2

396 29 11
Bởi S_Godaria

Author's POV

Abhay was about to say something in the reply of Mukul's comment, when he stopped hearing, "Hello Everyone!"

(Imagine someone wearing this dress in a middle class family function, yes, everyone's expression was the same. But no one said anything as it's inappropriate to comment on someone's clothing especially girls.)

"Hello." Everyone replied one by one and Rajiv looked embarrassed. He glared at Gargi who shrugged in response indicating that it was his princess' choice.

Then Pandit ji's words took everyone's attention, "Muhurat ka samay ho Gaya hai."

("It's the auspicious time for the ceremony.")

Nodding everyone came closer to the stage and Abhay offered his hand to help Simran walk on the stage. She smiled shying and placed her small soft hand in his big but not very rough hand. She felt hundreds of butterflies in her stomach whereas he felt HOME holding her hands for the very first time. It felt as if she was the person whom he was finding all his life. They climbed the stage together hand-in-hand. Everyone smiled looking at them. Some genuinely and some fake.

As it's an Indian marriage and in Indian marriage there is no ring ceremony originally. It came as Western influence. So they had decided to do both Indian rituals with western ring ceremony. That's why before exchanging rings, they did Tilak which is called as roka in Punjabi weddings.

Simran and Abhay sat on the sofa placed on the stage. The Tilak is actually done by the mother-in-law. But Abhay didn't have a mother. So Ahana did Simran's Tilak.

Pndit ji started chanting sacred rhymes. First Ahana placed a red dupatta on her head then applied a red dot (Tilak) on Simran's forehead between the brows. She showered a few grains of rice on her hand to bless her with Prosperity. Then she placed a coconut in her lap with some fruits, gifts and a jewellery box.

Some people give dryfruits instead of fruits and more cash and diamond jewellery but it is said that these things i.e. fruits, small gift or less cash and especially gold jewellery even if it's small chain is necessary as it is the symbol that they will provide the new member of the family with good food, money and everything. And cherish the new members for their whole life.

After Ahana, Gargi did the same thing with Abhay but to cover his head she placed a red kerchief on his head. As white colour is thought of as inauspicious in the rituals of marriage.

After the Tilak, Pandit ji said that now they could exchange rings. So Simran and Abhay both stood up from their place facing each other. Chitra brought rings in a tray with rose petals. Holding the tray in front of Abhay, she said, "Jiju, You still have time. You can run if you want, but after this you'll be officially engaged."

She seriously said flirting but he took it as a joke and chuckled. He took the ring and when he was about to hold her hand she was pulled backwards. Abhay saw and it was Ekaksh wiggling his brows with a teasing smile and everyone chuckled at Abhay's reaction. He narrowed his eyes at Ekaksh and was again about to hold her hand but when Ekaksh held it and said, "Wow Bhabhi, your hands are so pretty."

Thank you." Simran said with a shy smile knowing he was teasing Abhay who was glaring at him.

That's when Abhay moved a little backwards and Simran tensed thinking he got angry but her tensed expressions changed into blushing when everyone started hooting as Abhay knelt down keeping his hand out for her. Shying profusely, she placed her hand in his and finally he put the ring in her finger and kissed her knuckles. Listening to the sound of whistles they both looked at Abhay's family giving them teasing looks. Both were twinning not just with clothes but with their blushing too. Simran's pink cheeks were matching with Abhay's pink ears.

Bushing Abhay stood up and then Simran made him wear his ring. She didn't feel any spark or current like thing by his touch as they say in movies or books. In fact she felt warm and comfortable when he held her hand or when she held his hand to put the ring in his finger. Though it was the first time when she touched any man. She didn't even hold her father or brother's hand ever. But she still didn't feel any discomfort with his touch. She was thinking all this looking at her ring when she felt someone's gaze on her. She lifted her hand just to see Abhay staring at her with adoration in his eyes. She kept looking at him finding something in his eyes but couldn't continue as his strong gaze was making it difficult for her to look at him anymore.

Their Ring

Blushing she moved her eyes looking at everyone except him, when her eyes stopped on her parents who were looking embarrassed and her smile fell. She got conscious thinking about her parents looking at her till now. She knew her parents don't like all those romantic moments and all. And she didn't even see her parents holding each other's hands ever. She completely forgot that her parents are also there.

Abhay noticed her and said, "Aap muskurate hue zyada khubsurat lagti hai."

("You look more beautiful when you smile.")

"Matlab, jab main nahi muskurati tab khubsurat nhi lagti?" words left her mouth before she knew. She bit her tongue and widened her big eyes which were already looking beautiful and her cute expressions were making her more adorable.

("That means, I don't look beautiful when I don't smile?")

"Maine kaha, muskurate hue zyada khubsurat lagti hai aur jab nhi bhi muskurati tab bhi khubsurat toh lagti hi hai." Abhay explained blushing which made Simran smile shyly.

("I said, you look more beautiful when you smile but even when you don't smile, still you look beautiful.")

Before any of them could say anything further Ekaksh and Mukul came and Mukul said, "Aree Bhai kya baatein ho rahi hai aise sharmate sharmate."

("What are you guys talking about while blushing?")

"Mukul Bhai, mujhe lag raha hai yeh log apne honeymoon ki planning kar rahe honge." Ekaksh said.

("Mukul brother, I think they were planning about their honeymoon.")

Abhay noticed Simran getting embarrassed listening to their talks. So he said gritting his teeth, "GET. OUT."

"Lo Bhai, Hum toh abhi thik se aaye bhi nahi hai aur yeh humein get out keh raha hai." Mukul said faking hurt.

("See, we haven't even come properly yet and he is telling us to get out.")

"I know right, abhi se Hume bhaga rahe  hai toh shadi ke baad to hume Ghar mein ghusne bhi nahi denge." Ekaksh said with the same hurt expressions and both of them laughed.

("I know right, from now on we are being chased away, so after marriage, we will not even be allowed to enter the house.")

That's when Ekaksh remembered Simran doesn't know them. So he moved towards Abhay and whispered in his ear, "Bhai when are you going to introduce me."

Pissed off, Abhay nodded and introduced, "This is Ekaksh my cousin, Ekansh bhai's younger brother."

She nodded smiling and before could react, she was engulfed in a bear hug by Ekaksh who hugged her as if he was seeing her now only. She didn't come out of the shock of the first hug when Mukul also hugged her in the same way. Though Simran was awkward because of sudden hugs she was getting one after the other but didn't feel uncomfortable around these people.

Abhay understood her awkwardness and pulled Mukul away from her. Coming out of the hug, Mukul introduced himself as Abhay's best friend. She smiling nodded.

"Please, don't mind them. They are like this only." Abhay told Simran.

"What do you mean by 'like this'?" Mukul asked offended.

"Yes Bhai, and however we are. We are better than you." Ekaksh said.

Saying that, Ekaksh held Simran's hand and sat on the sofa where Abhay was sitting with her previously. He said, "You know bhabhi, he is the most boring person I've ever seen in my life."

She looked at him making him continue and Abhay gave him a boring look whereas Mukul was enjoying the scene.

"You know he is the kind of man who would take you to the beach, but wouldn't let you go in the water. Just make you sit beside himself and talk. So boring." Ekaksh told.

Simran chuckled which did flutter Abhay's heart but he was embarrassed also. But smiled when he heard her saying, "I'm also the same."

"Really, You guys are a perfect match for each other. Boring couple." Mukul commented.

"Enough of your rubbish talks. Now get up. And this is my seat where you are sitting and she is my bride whose hand you are holding." He said and snatched his Bride's hand from Ekaksh's hold.

Ekaksh stood up from his seat and Abhay sat immediately holding her hand so Ekaksh said, "No need to be so possessive, Bhai, she is like a sister to me."

"I know but still." He said and shrugged.

Their talk was disturbed by Rajiv, he came and said, "Kya baatein ho rahi hai baccho."

("What are you talking about,  kids?")

"Kuchh nahi Uncle, bass aise hi. Bhabhi ke sath thoda mazak Masti chal Raha hai." Ekaksh replied.

("Nothing uncle, just like that. A little joke is going on with the sister-in-law.")

"Achha, chalo ab mazak Masti baad mein karna. Pehle kuchh kha-pi lo...hmmm." Rajiv said to everyone.

("Okay, now let's have fun later. Have something to eat first...hmmm.")

"Ji.." Ekaksh said and was about to go when he said, "Bhai, bhabhi comeon let's eat something."

("Yes..")

Rajiv actually came there to talk something with Simran but no one of them (Abhay, Ekaksh and Mukul) left her alone for a second and when they went to have lunch. They took her also with themselves.

At the table

Sonali brought a plate filled with food on the table where Abhay and Simran were sitting.

"Bhabhi, aap kyu le kar aaye. Hum khud le lete." Abhay said to Sonali.

("Sister-in-law, why did you bring it. We would have taken it ourselves.")

"Arre, devar ji, aap enjoy kijiye na." Sonali said smiling.

("Hey, brother-in-law, you just enjoy yourself?")

Abhay smiled and moved the plate towards Simran and said, "Achha aap kar hi rhi hai toh thik se kaam kijiye. Hum do log hai. Ek plate mein kaise khayenge."

("Well, if you are doing it, so do it properly. We are two people. How will we eat on one plate?")

"Nhi, Bhai Aaj toh ek hi plate se khana padega aur woh bhi ek dusre ke haath se." Ekansh came and stood beside his wife.

("No, brother, today you will have to eat from one plate only and that too from each other's hand.")

Abhay gave a look to Ekansh which said 'Don't get me into this' to which Ekansh shrugged. Abhay moved his pleading eyes towards Sonali who too shrugged. Ekaksh bent towards Abhay and whispered in his ear, "Bhai nakhre mat dikhao jaise aapko maza nhi aa rha."

("Brother don't throw tantrums like you are not enjoying this.")

"Mujhe toh maza aa rha hai. But I'm sure she is embarrassed."

("I'm enjoying it. But....")

Abhay whispered Bach looking at Simran who was looking flustered.

"Bhai, relax woh sharma rhi hai. She isn't uncomfortable." Ekaksh again whispered.

("Brother, relax, she is shy...")

Sighing, Abhay took a spoonful of rice and moved it towards her lips, she almost opened her mouth when Sonali held his hand and said, "No, no first dessert."

Nodding Abhay put that spoon back on the plate and took another spoon and cut a piece of Gulab jamun when Ekaksh said irritatingly, "Bhai, Gulab jamun kon chammach se khilata hai."

(Brother, who feeds Gulab jamun with a spoon.")

"Haa, zyada angrez mat bano, chammach chhodo aur haath se khilao." Sonali scolded and snatched the spoon from his hand and all the elders, who were also eating there, were looking at them smiling and Simran's parents were looking embarrassed and disappointed whereas Rachit and Chitra were getting bored.

("Yes, Don't be too English, leave the spoon and feed with your hands.")

Finally Abhay took a Gulab Jamun with his hand and brought it near Simran's lips. She bit a small piece and others clapped and hooted making both of them shy.

Chitra, who was sitting at the different table with others, muttered with bored expressions, "What the hell are they so excited about?"

"I was wondering about the same thing." Rachit muttered back who was sitting beside her.

On the newly engaged couple's table. Now everyone was asking Simran to feed the Gulab Jamun to Abhay. Nodding she took one piece when Ekansh said a little loudly, "No, put that back." She flinched at his loud voice thinking she did something wrong which made him angry and immediately put the Gulab Jamun back in the plate.

"Why are you shouting? She got scared." Sonali said and slapped his arm lightly.

"Sorry. Sorry. I meant woh bacha hua piece khilo na aur waise bhi jhoota khane se pyar badhta hai. na." Ekansh said first 'Sorry' to his wife and rest to Simran.

("Sorry. Sorry. I meant, that feed that half-eaten piece na and by the way eating someone's eaten food increases love.")

She looked at Abhay with questioning eyes silently asking if he's okay to eat her half-eaten Gulab Jamun, who nodded at her.

She took the same piece and held it near his lips. He opened his mouth and ate the whole remaining piece, maintaining the eye contact, slightly touching his lips and tongue with her finger which made her feel the whole zoo in her stomach.

"How was it?" Ekansh asked teasing.

"Very sweet." Abhay replied still not breaking the eye contact.

She blushed profusely seeing everyone around her noticed what Abhay did, who was also blushing now after making her hell shy in front of them. Whereas they all hooted for the couple.

That's it for today!!!

Tell me how it was!!!

Oh God! So much Gulab Jamun! Gulab Jamun!

Now I also want to eat Gulab Jamun 😋😋

And once again special mention to s_mask24 & serene3012  for the constant vote and comments and support. Thank you very much, Dear 🙏🙏

Please read, vote and comment your precious views on the story 🙏🙏

Toodles!!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

70.4K 3.2K 31
" You can't do this to me please " , exclaimed she fearfully . " I can sweetheart , I can " , he said coldly pointing a GUN towards her " But you sa...
281K 17.5K 92
"It's look perfect in you finger" ...... the boy said "but I'm afraid" ...the girl said "buy why , what makes you afraid?"..... "this new relations...
3.4M 108K 63
Just a simple love story between a couple arranged for marriage. It's ONLY a feel good book from my side without any unnecessary drama or plotting ye...
With The Raghuwanshi Bởi RUHA

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

58.6K 2.4K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...