Made of Steel

Από Clau_Llerena

Cassandra left her fiancé standing at the altar a few minutes before the wedding and left to Italy. Two years... Περισσότερα

Prologue: I'll make you pay
1. I found you
2. The perfect wife
3. Dreaming awake
4. I've made my decision
5. Signs of Destiny
6. Be careful what you wish for
7. Marry me
8. I do
9. Meeting and conditions
10. Past, present and future
11. It's show time
12. Keeping a promise
13. I have the power
14. Wedding
15. Unknown Sensations
16. Desire
17. Confused
18. The wedding gift
19. Touch the Sky
20. Gift is here
21. Happy New Year
22. Rage
23. You are mine
24. Wife of lies
25. You fell in love with him
27. The witch is here
28. My cross and my new hobby
29: Woman of Steel
30. Surprises
31. Ice Moon
32. The best player
33. Worried
34. Valentine's Day
35. Mommy
36. Mine
37. Crisis
38. Goodbye to witch's curse
39. Asshole Surgeon
40. Ups and downs
41. I'm in trouble
42. I love you
43. Broken Inside
44. We are done
45. Getting rid of the harpy
46. Pregnant and kidnapped
47. Collapse
48. What once united us, no longer exists
49. Anger and Frustration
50. Ours
51. Secrets and accidents
52. Coma
53. My Man of Steel
54. I need her
55. I'm yours
56. Meeting with the enemy
57. Where are you, Adriano?
58. Fear
59. A bedtime story
Epilogue. Made of Steel

26. My wife

107 3 1
Από Clau_Llerena

Cassandra Reid

God! Why does he insist on chasing me? Will he ever leave me alone? I thought Adriano would keep him at bay. Where are those bouncers when you need them?

"What are you doing here, Dean?". I plucked up the courage to speak to him. "I thought everything was clear between us".

"Of course I do" although he affirms, I don't think we're talking about the same subject. "Do you remember my words?"

"Each one of them", I reply with a snort. I don't know why I feel safer now. Maybe it's because I have bigger problems than dealing with my ex's obsession. Considerations with him ended two days ago, "just as I hope you remember mine. You better get out of here before my husband breaks your other eyebrow". I point to the noticeable cut.

"Are you threatening me, Cass?"..The devilish grin on his face makes me jump and fear returns. He was already late in showing up.

I take two steps back ready to flee. Then, bodyguards finally appear, confronting Devil Frost's and causing a ruckus in the hospital corridors.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving today. Your Italian has moved his cards this time". Relief runs through my veins listening to him, "we'll see what happens when we'll be on my ground. I'll see you very soon, love. Don't miss me too much".

'God willing not'

I sigh calmly when I see him leave without question.

"By our Lord Jesus Christ, what a man!", Leah exclaims from beside me, staring at him. "If it weren't for what you've told me... I'd throw myself at him without hesitation".

"Leah!", I let out a shriek with eyes wide as saucers.

"What?" she asks with feigned innocence. "Have you seen him?"

"You're definitely crazy". I shake my head as the security guards calm the atmosphere.

"A little bit yes", she admits. "I may have inherited it from my parents. After all, a person who leaves a baby at the door of a church in the middle of Valentine's Day must not be very sane".

"Leah..."

"Well", she cuts me off quickly, since she doesn't like to talk about where he came from, "you've already been able to verify that your husband has the situation under control. Forget your psycho ex boyfriend and focus on your husband".

She kisses my cheek before we both return to our duties.

"Conquering the Man of Steel..."

It's crazy. Only Leah Falco would think of such a thing.

'It's the only way left for you', I remember our past conversation.

The rest of the afternoon flies by, but my head is still a mess.

Arriving home, I find out the kids in the frozen garden. Ella runs terrified letting out scary shrieks while her brother chases her with some kind of gun.

I stare at the scene with a half smile on my face. They have come out to play of their own volition. That is quite an achievement.

Suddenly a jet of icy water hits me and I let out a scream higher than the girl's.

"Federico Di Lauro! Can I know what you are doing?"

"Fede wants to wet me", Ella accuses him, "and water is very cold".

"You wet me first!", he protests.

"It wasn't that cold!", she defends herself.

"Yes, it was".

"So you like to play with water", I interrupt fight with a serious gesture. Federico hides the gun behind his back while his sister places a small hand over her mouth to hide a smile. "Give me the gun, Federico".

"No!", he replies.

"I'm not going to ask you twice, Federico". I maintain an imposing position that even amazes me. "Now".

Seeing no other way out, he hands me the artifact. I examine it from the side without changing my expression.

"You have made a serious mistake, you know?", I question. "A soldier never gives up his weapons". I point at the older brother and then I shoot. He yells back as the girl laughs with amusement. Then, he directed the stream at her. "There's one for you too, little naughty girl". I shoot one after other, being careful to keep my ammunition low. "You are finished! Run!"

The three of us play for a while until it starts to snow and I urge them inside. I don't want them to catch a cold and I've already tempted fate too much.

"I wanted to make another snowman!", Ella protests.

"Tomorrow we'll do one", I suggest. 'Now let's go to the bathtub".

"Do you bathe me?". The little manipulator looks at me with her beautiful bright eyes and I can't refuse.

'I want to too!", Fede jumps.

"Weren't you too old to be bathed, ready?", His sister mocks of him, making him cross his arms sulkily.

"Well, well", I decide to intervene before they start fighting again, "if you both want, I'll help you".

"Both of us?", Ella asks.

"That's what I said", I reply as we walk up the stairs.

"And how will you manage to be with both of us at the same time?". I'm amazed at the audacity she has with only four years old.

"Aaaah, don't you remember ww doctors have magical powers?"

Illusion runs through their expressions and at that precise moment, the feeling of belonging ends up settling down in me. I have not only fallen for the Italian, but for his children as well. I already feel them like mine.

The mission of bathing them is a bit difficult for me. I become a chaos running from one place to another, but with Vivi's help I achieve the feat.

Unfortunately, addiction to video games continues and I leave them happy with FIFA to go take my bath and get ready for the so-called charity event.

I do my makeup calmly and opt for a simple hairstyle, but it looks spectacular with a silver headdress.

I head to the closet and that's when I see a package on bed.

'Who put that there?'

When I see it, I am stunned. A white gala dress is obvious. I examine it in detail to discover the opening in legs and silk that barely covers front of the body while the rest is covered by a thin transparent fabric adorned with diamonds.

It is shocking.

I open my mouth wide at the thought of wearing it, but no image projected in my head exceeds reality.

It is beautiful... I dare to say it surpasses my wedding dress.

Only Adriano could have sent something like this.

"Are you ready, cara...?", He draws his words as he lands his eyes on me.

Without hesitation, he approaches me to scrutinize me from top to bottom and then, I look at me again as if he was about to eat me.

He wants me, it is more than evident, but could that attraction turn into something more? For some unknown reason, although I suspect it's related to a bad experience, my husband is in denial about feelings. He has put it as a clause and I have failed to comply it. Could I win him over?

"Perfect, worthy of bearing Di Lauro surname".

'A wife of lies', I recall the scene from two nights ago and annoyance returns.

"A dress doesn't make you worthy, Adriano", I comment with a sharp tone.

"Of course not".

I wait for a few moments, waiting for something else, but he merely gives me one last sweep and leads me towards the exit.

I try to hide my disappointment with a lopsided smile. It was naive of me to even think that I have any chance of breaking his steel wall.

As soon as we get out of the limo, our expressions transform to make us the perfect couple.

We walked the room from one side to another hand in hand, greeting and chatting about business, stock values ​​or numbers. When he walks away to leave me with his friends's wives, real torture begins.

High society boasts of its privileges and good education, however, they love to criticize and live on gossip. I hate this world full of scavengers and hypocrites, even more so if they are friends with Carina Fabri.

"The exclusive design you're wearing is spectacular, Cassie", one of them flatters me, treating me with familiarity as if she had known me all her life.

"It's true", my husband's obnoxious colleague interjects, "although I don't think it would go very well with the occasion. It lends itself more to a wedding.

"Well, it was my husband who chose the outfit for me", I argue with my best smile. "As you know, it is impossible to deny Adriano Di Lauro anything. Also, it reaffirms my position as Italy's bride, don't you think?"

The other girls nod in agreement, getting the viper to swallow her own venom.

Not caring what murmurs she might generate, I walk over to the bar and order a glass of champagne.

'What I would give for one of red wine'

Why do they only serve champagne at these parties?

"We Dance?". His voice numbs my senses for a few seconds. I am lost, very lost and worse of all is I have no way out.

"Can I refuse?". I internally pat myself on the back for keeping curt attitude all night as I let him lead me on to the dance floor.

"How long will this last, Cassandra?", he asks before turning around. "Will you continue to punish me for wanting to protect you?"

"Punish you?", I huff. I've done that a lot today. "Is that what you think I am doing?"

"What else could it be?"

I examine her dark blue eyes closely for another disappointment. There is not a hint of doubt in him. A fake wife... that's what I am.

"Nothing", I murmur. "I need to go to the bathroom".

I don't even wait for an answer to leave. However, a strong grip on my arm stops me midway and drags me into a dark corner.

"What do you want to hear, Cassandra?". He breathes at the corner of my lips and I feel like I've been reborn again. "You are my wife and not only on paper", he clarifies. "You are mine in every way", he bites my chin gently as my pulse races, "only mine".

And there, against the wall, hidden by the darkness and the noise of the party, I give myself to him completely. It's a prank and nothing like him, that's why I enjoy it more.

"Say my name, cara", he demands, refusing to give me what I long for. "Say it".

"Adriano!", I muffled a moan into his mouth. "Adrian!"

I burst into a world of sensations until I reach maximum ecstasy and it doesn't take long for him to follow me.

"Ready?", he asks as I come out of the vanity, to which I nod in response. "We're leaving, we're bringing the party home".

"I like how that sounds"

For the first time I enjoy trip in the car sitting on his legs and basting it relentlessly. I have a black hole in my stomach who will never get enough of him and receiving his caresses with the same impetus only increases my hunger.

"Cara", he calls me before getting out of the car, "never say again that you are my wife of lies, am I clear?"

"Yes, sir", I nod like a little soldier. I don't care what may happen tomorrow, I want to enjoy today.

To my surprise, he allows me to dragged him into the house. I'm in a hurry to get to the bedroom. I think I'm done freaking out.

However, a slight throat clearing interrupts our steps. An older lady appears in front of us with an unfriendly face.

"So you are Cassandra", she points at me dismissively. I don't know who she is, but I'm aware from the outset she doesn't like me, "the woman who wants to replace my daughter".

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.8M 62K 33
They were strangers, yet they were about to have an arranged marriage. Xael Stewart A girl with two sides to her. She can be nice if she wants to, bu...
Violet Από PurplezBubble

Φαντασίας

180K 7.2K 33
Violet Cherie is a 23 year old woman. She lives with her so called family which show nothing but hatred towards her. She is like a broken doll, livin...
2.7K 123 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
704K 32K 38
#Wattpad Featured (Scott Family) "This is one of the best stories I've ever read!!!" Jeb came home and found a runaway bride at a moment when he re...