A Kink in the Tail

By Tallboysmith

Adam Fischer, WAS the future Alpha of the Fischer family, a Pureblood family from the Homeland. He lost that... More

Chapter 1 - Lycans v Werewolves
Chapter 2 - Little Red Pills
Chapter 3 - The Mysterious Flatmate.
Chapter 4 - Who's a Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 5 - Suck it up Princess
Chapter 6 - Fight or Flight
Chapter 7 - Question Time.
Chapter 8 - There's not just one Wolf at the Door.
Chapter 9 - Target
Chapter 10 - Unpleasant News
Chapter 11 - Make over
Chapter 12 - Choosing sides.
Chapter 13 - Siblings
Chapter 14 - Side Chosen
Chapter 15 - A little side story about revenge.
Chapter 16 - Knowing when to stop.
Chapter 17 - A bound wolf for life.
Chapter 18 - An Ogeneia Guardian
Chapter 19 - Cyrus to the rescue.
Chapter 21 - Siblings.
Chapter 22 - Keep your head down
Chapter 23 - Loose marbles.
Chapter 24 - Woooof!!!!
Chapter 25 - It Never Happened...you imagined it.
Chapter 26 - Daddy's little boy.
Chapter 27 - Mate meet Mate
Chapter 28 - The A Team
Chapter 29 - My nose knows.
Chapter 30 - Being rejected never gets any easier.
Chapter 31 - The Truth comes out in the End.
Chapter 32 - Ruuuuuuun!
Chapter 33 - The Couch
Chapter 34 - Adios
Chapter 35 - Mark Me
Chapter 36 - I'm going to make you MINE
Chapter 37 - Stay with Me
Chapter 38 - The Reject Scene - take 8.
Chapter 39 - Road Trip
Chapter 40 - I'll never leave you.
Chapter 41 - Goodbye.
Chapter 42 - Life goes On.
Chapter 43 - No friendly faces here.
Chapter 44 - Today was the first day of the rest of my life - and it was shit.
Chapter 45 - 2 days, 6 weeks, 3 months
Chapter 46 - A friend is a friend is a friend...Human, Lycan or Were.
Chapter 47 - The Claytons Bucks Party
Chapter 48 - The Wedding...what could possibly go wrong.
Chapter 49 - Tough Choices.
Chapter 50 - The heart wants what the heart wants.
Chapter 51 - Priorities
Chapter 52 - Good Morning
Chapter 53 - Medicinal Gossip...goes down well.
Chapter 54 - Horny
Chapter 55 - Almost at the finishing line.
Chapter 56 - It's time to say goodbye.
Not a chapter - a last look at Adam
Chapter 57 2 days 3 weeks 3 months - Postcards - Part 1
Chapter 58 2 Days 3 Weeks and 3 months - Unexpected Complications Part 2
Chapter 59 - 2 Days 3 Weeks and Three months - To mate or not to mate - part 3
Chapter 60 2 days 3 weeks and 3 months - Part 4 Adam isn't taking anymore Shit.

Chapter 20 - Thanos

343 28 14
By Tallboysmith

Warning Violence and Gore ahead.  Feel free to correct my Greek.

When the police arrived there was an undignified scramble to get away from the scene. There was no opportunity to go back to the apartment for Fischer. One of Thanos's men remained with the car, it was unavoidable with the police involved. They would soon find out the car was rented only hours earlier and by who. Theodore Baulkis was Thanos's, right-hand man. He stayed behind, as usual cleaning up the mess his master had caused.

So when the Junior Constable started asking questions the Lycan played nice with the human and answered all the questions as pleasantly as he could. If they were back home he would probably squash him like a bug, but here keep it simple he told himself.   He actually didn't mind humans like most of his kind. At one time he'd been friends with a human and the innate Lycan dislike of them had been blunted.  This one looked harmless.

The explanation he gave the policeman bordered on ludicrous and the young Constable would have taken it further if he could come up with a good reason. He glared at the burly man, with the heavy-set features as he replied in an accent that was even thicker than his eyebrows and dotted with foreign words. He forced himself to curb his natural urge to pigeonhole the man's character by his swarthy appearance.

"We arrive a few hours ago. We pick up the car πήγασε to our hotel." The Lycan tried to smile but it was more of a sneer, only making a worse impression on the Constable. "IΔεν μπορούσα να κοιμηθώ, Τζετ λαγκ, so I drive around." His gravelly voice was deep but not unpleasant.

"I stop here because I got lost and I thought I would walk around and get some air. But this happen." He pointed at the car. Theodore tried to pull an innocent face but can a Lycan really pull off a sheepish look...no, not even close.  

But he could manage surprised because that was real.  When they had all rushed down the stairs to find the car in flames Thanos and his men, were dumbfounded. All of them were of the one mind,  it must have been Constantine.  Whether he got to Fischer was another thing. They had no chance to check but they assumed he did. It was obvious when Fischer made the deal to stay behind in place of his human Constantine wasn't happy. Theodore knew, as a bound wolf, he would try to save his master.  It had been a surprise that he'd go to such lengths and that surprise lingered.

In the end, the young Constable cut short the interview, it came down to who travels halfway around the world to torch a car. He let the matter go, there were better things to do with his time, and gave Theodore the usual spiel...they may be in touch with them in the future for more information. There would be an official report from the Fire Brigade for insurance purposes...blah.   Theodore had stopped listening long ago.

His main concern was getting back to Thanos before he caused more havoc by doing something impulsive again.  He had to keep it simple, find Adam and kill him.

On the taxi ride back to the hotel at Elizabeth Quay Theodore fidgeted in his seat as if his arse was on fire, growing angrier by the minute. The security guard wasn't answering his phone. He'd called him a dozen times. What had happened to the camping equipment? He was supposed to deliver it to the hotel. It was meant to set the scene of Fischer's unfortunate, accidental death. He squeezed the top of his nose in frustration, it was a moot point anyway he told himself, considering they didn't have the body that would be the centerpiece of the drama. He kept calling with no luck. The human was normally reliable, he had passed on information the entire time Fischer had lived in the building.  Reporting not only on Fischer but Constantine as well.

Theodore frowned.  As they got closer to the CBD the suburb houses turned into blocks of units and then the silhouette and bright lights of the city skyline shot up in front of them. Theodore wanted a couple of hours sleep so he could think clearly. He was exhausted.

They had been thwarted at every turn.  The whole situation didn't sit well with him.  It must be Constantine's doing,  he got Fischer out of the apartment and intercepted the guard, but it didn't make sense.  How the hell is he doing it, he can't be everywhere. He growled so loudly he made the taxi driver jump and the cab jerked forward.

"Sorry, indigestion." He smiled, well...a mangled version of one that made the driver speed, he wanted the freak out of his taxi asap.

....

Thanos stood at the floor-to-ceiling window of his suite looking out at the lights across the Quay. He never did things by half, the suite was enormous and lavish.  The Fischer family had a vast fortune and he liked the best of everything.   His men stood on the other side of the room, more by choice than his orders.  He was in a foul mood and they knew to keep their distance.  They didn't dare speak just in case it set him off again.  They all hoped Theodore would be back soon.  He was the only one who Thanos listened to.  When they heard the door to the suite open and the familiar heavy footfalls of Theodore Baulkis, head of the Fischer home guards, they felt like they could breathe at last.

Thanos turned to face him, his eyes became frigid when he saw Theodore was alone, no Fischer dead or alive.  "Where is MY BROOOOOTHER?"  He bellowed his unchecked alpha voice making the guards drop to their knees cowering, all but Theodore.  It took all his strength to stand his ground.

He gave Thanos the customary bow of the head.  He looked at his men and noticed one had a black eye.   "I couldn't get into the apartment but from what I could see neither did the police.  In my opinion...."  Theodore braced himself.  "If I had managed to get back in...your brother wouldn't have been there.  It can only be Constantine, a bit of misdirection and ..."

"You're saying that werewolf fooled my best guards AND my head of security."  Theodore wanted to say and you as well but he wanted to keep his skin on his bones. Thanos walked slowly towards him, stopping when they were almost nose to nose.  

"If it was anyone but you I would bite off every one of your toes and fingers and make you eat them."  He turned towards the other guards.  They were still on their knees, they started to tremble.  Thanos looked from one to the other.  His evil gaze and there was no other way to describe it, fell on the one in the middle.  He moved to stand in front of him.

"Stand up."  The guard stood up immediately, his eyes on the floor.  "Have you got anything to say?"  The guard had served Thanos long enough to know that no answer he gave was going to satisfy him when he was in this sort of mood.

"No Sir."  He mumbled.

"You don't have an opinion at all?"  Thanos moved a little closer, his voice full of threats and punishment.

"He tricked us."  The guard's voice was a whisper.

"Us?"  Thanos inched closer, his nostrils flared and Theodore could see his jaw working. He closed his eyes.

"He tricked all of us into running o..."  Thanos pounced, his jaw opening. his razor teeth lengthening. He went for the guard's ear and ripped it off with one bite.  The guard dropped to his knees, his hand clutching the side of his head, blood pouring from the hole where his ear had been and running freely through his fingers and down his neck.   He groaned in agony.   The other guards continued to kneel staring at the floor, silent, their eyes never leaving the spot of carpet in front of them. If they had any sympathy for their friend they didn't show it.

Thanos turned to Theodore as he chewed and swallowed the sinewy flesh, blood smeared over his cheeks and chin.  He ignored the moaning behind him.

"I don't want to hear any more excuses.  We must still have connections here or perhaps on the east coast.  We need someone who can get into places we can't.  I want Adam and Constantine. We haven't got much time.  FIND SOMEONE..."  He pushed Theodore hard on the shoulder.  "Or your men will lose more body parts."

Thanos walked off picking ear out of his teeth, slamming the bedroom door behind him.  

"Take care of him.  Get a couple of hours' rest before we start again.  I'll join you later."  The guards jumped up and obeyed Theodore's orders and took their moaning, crumpled comrade to their room on another floor.  Theodore was left alone to brood.

He dropped on the couch, his body heavy with weariness.  He'd thought Thanos would grow out of the cruel streak that had defined him as a teenager,  but it had only gotten worse. What he did to his brother and a moment ago to his loyal guard proved it.  He would never change.  All he had to do was kill Adam but no, he wanted to play with his favourite toy, the toy that had been taken away from him by his father and he'd finally got it back. Theodore was becoming more worried about the days ahead when he became the Alpha of the Fischer family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 19.4K 29
Conrad Fitzroy is a delta. He's blue collar. Poor. And yet, he enters a world of impossibility under the arms of charming alpha Joseph Darling. Only...
900K 36.8K 32
Book 1 - Gyres of Hunger (MxM) A world that has divided citizens into different classes, there's people who rule and people who follow. Ezekiel is s...
2M 72.5K 56
The helpless, naive, always being bullied, Kieran Lars Lockwood has been alone ever since his parents died. The sad truth is, his parents died when h...
88.4K 4.8K 57
Matt Beven Smith is a werewolf, he has two brothers and he is the youngest among three children. He is the second in line to be Alpha because the f...