Being a Valkyrie is not easy...

By Yonaka_Yuki

May contain spoilers! In-game story and own story line! An orphan girl with no memories finally gets the chan... More

1. New Valkyrie
2. Missions
3. Memories
4. Arc City
5. Starfall
6. Escape from the base
7. Thunders over Nagazora
8. As Thunders Filled The Sky
9. Meeting an Elf
10. Into the Flames
11. Training, Exploring and a Fight
12. Into the snake pit
13. Final Goodbye
14. Meeting a new Face
15. Exploring the Realm and Truths
16. Bearer of the Stars
17. A Magic Show
18. Old Memories
19. A 'little' problem
20. Babysitting a Herrscher
21. Back to Normal?
22. Elysium Everlasting
23. A bad Person...?
24. Doubts
26. ...is a traitor.
27. Mistrust
28. Coded Lies
29. Because of you
30. Reunion
31. On the Moon
32. On the Moon (2)
33. A second Chance
34. In the Name of the Truth
35. Our Way back home
36. Dreams of the Origin
37. Toward a New Tomorrow
38. Beauty of this World
39. My Home, is with you
40. Where we belong
~Special: Character Designs~

25. Among us...

128 7 0
By Yonaka_Yuki

~Yuki POV~

After Kalpas let go of me and disappeared, I also went back. While I was back I noticed that my face felt quite warm. ,,I better not get sick now..." I muttered. When I arrived at the entrance of the residential area, I saw Mei and Elysia standing by the pavilion in the distance. It seems that they haven't missed me yet. 

As I got closer I could hear what Mei and Elysia were talking about. ,,...This is excactly why I believe anyone in the same position would've done the same... or maybe eben better? This is the beautiful and the ego I believe in.'' explained Elysia with a soft smile. ,,At first, I thought the answer or at least some hints of it were hidden in the memories, so I dug through them. In retrospect, it's correct, but it's not everything. This place houses so many pasts unrelated to the truths... They'd habe perished together with the Previous Era otherwise.'' Mei replied. ,,You're bound to miss some, if not most, stories. The entirety of thirteen lives... is chaotic yet wondrous.'' said Elysia softly. ,,The significance lies in what I want to believe in the process.'' ,,That'll determine what you get when you reach the end.'' said Elysia. ,,But I never managed to jump out of your trap. We made a long detour. Your purpose hasn't changed at all.'' objected Mei.

,,It's not really a purpose. Like I said, the Elysian Realm has it's use, thanks to Mobius's Project Stigma. But you spelled out my little dream. I'm quite stubborn about not changing. I think the current Mei und Yuki can face my end calmly.'' explained Elysia and eyed me for a moment. ,,I hope so. But... I'm surprised. Despite not liking lying, you lied about your Herrscher identity. The 13th Herrscher... You didn't have to hide it from me and Yuki-chan for so long.'' said Mei calmly. ,,Oh. You're right. Maybe I did tell a big lie, the only lie in my life. It's because I felt scared. After finding out I'm the 13th Herrscher, would you still greet me with a smile? Would you doubt me? Would you leave me? Am I.. a big disappointment?'' Elysia asked thoughtfully. My eyes widened at her last question. It was exactly the question that had also crossed my mind more than once.

,,Yes, for thinking that way. I didn't bat an eye when you told me you're the second-in-command. Why would I treat you differently because of another identity? You turned into a Herrscher, so what? Me und Yuki-chan are also Herrschers. Is this answer enough?'' Mei replied with her arms crossed. ,,It... sure is.'' smiled Elysia. Suddenly, Mei's answer was heard once again. ,,Huh?" Mei and I exclaimed. Only now did I notice that Elysia had a loudspeaker behind her back. ,,---so what? Me and Yuki-chan are also Herrschers.'' ,,Elysia!!!'' Mei gasped in shock and I started to laugh. It was so clear that Elysia would do something like that. ,,Okay! I'll cut it out! You two are leaving after getting your answers, so I want to make nice memories of you.'' Elysia gave in and held the loudspeaker close to her.

Elysia's gaze wandered to an island in the distance which was shrouded in mist. ,,That's weird. I should be fully prepared. Why is it still shrouded in fog?" Elysia asked thoughtfully. ,,That island... is the destination?" Mei asked as well. ,,Yep, everything you want to know about the banquet is cached there. I'm also curious about what actually happened," Elysia replied. 'Somehow I can't follow the conversation at all...' I thought. ,,No wonder.... While you were messing with Mobius and cuddling with Kalpas, you missed a lot of things.'' Kasane suddenly spoke and I could literally hear her smirk. 'Hey, you know that Elysia sent me away...' I protested. ,,I know, I just wanted to tease you a little. Besides, you should be paying attention Mei and Elysia seem to want to leave,'' Kasane joked and I shook my head. 

With some distance I followed the two. Elysia and Mei talked about different things and before I knew it we had arrived at the large square with the flowers and fountains. ,,There is one thing I want to ask you both," Elysia started and drew my attention to her. ,,How do you view us sims... or should I say the digital recreations of the deceased?'' she continued. ,,View?'' asked Mei confused. ,,Whether they are martyrs who died early, or pioneers who live to see the future... they are real, and ultimately irrelevant to us. We who are here are but shadows left in the past. We can only remain here, unable to reach into your reality or accompany you into the future. Once you two leave for a normal life, you will realize that everything happend here is little more than a virtual story. It may not long for you two to forget these things, forget these words... and forget our existence. You will meet someone better than me, or may already habe. After all, you two still habe a tomorrow to embrace. In that case, are our feelings, our thoughts, our will, our deeds... of any value?'' Elysia explained with a sad smile. 

Mei seemed to think about it and said nothing. ,,Sorry, I didn't mean to trouble you again. Please see it as... another willful request of mine. Please take your time. I only wish to hear an honest answer before you leave.'' Elysia apologized. ,,Then let me answer you," I began and Elysia looked at me in surprise. ,,I don't really know what this is all about, I admit that, and I don't remember what happened when I became a child. But let me put it the way Mei said it. "You are sims, so what?'' You may be only shadows of the past, but that doesn't make you all any less worthless. You laugh, you are angry, frustrated and whatever else. You may be just data like this place, but you are still human beings in my eyes. Your emotions and memories are real and they always will be. I can say that clearly, if you were just like machines you would never have taken care of me during the side effect of my powers. And no matter what happened at that banquet you are talking about, I will always consider you a friend. Even though I haven't built a strong bond with all of you, I consider all of you, even Mobius, to be good friends. So please stop doubting yourself. After all, that's what you've always said to me,'' I continued with a smile.

Mei and Elysia looked at me in shock. ,,W-What? Did I say something wrong?" I asked. Suddenly Elysia jumped on me and hugged me. ,,Aww Yuki, you are the best and kindest friend anyone can have,'' Elysia said, moved. ,,So I didn't say anything wrong?" I asked for sure and looked over to Mei who shook her head with a soft smile. ,,Of course not. I really appreciate your honesty," Elysia replied reassuringly and let go of me again. I exhaled with relief. ,,Okay.'' ,,But the fact that the fog still covers the island remains a mystery. Now we have to wait until tomorrow... Can we meet here tomorrow morning?" Elysia suggested. ,,I'll open the path in some way. We'll go to that foggy island. where the final banquet took place, and witness--- The beginning and the end of the 13th Herrscher.'' Elysia continued.

After saying goodbye to Elysia for now, Mei led me back to the living area and showed me the place where we could sleep. ,,Hey Mei, we should be careful tomorrow...'' I started while we were walking. ,,What do you mean Yuki-chan?" asked Mei. ,,After Elysia sent me away to talk to you, I saw that strange creature again, which we had seen the first time with Felis. I tried to chase it, but unfortunately I lost it again,'' I explained. ,,Thank you for telling me. I will keep my eyes open as well," said Mei. When we arrived at the house I was the first to go to sleep, Mei seemed to want to do something. Still, I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that something was wrong here.

Mei and I stood at the appointed place early in the morning and waited for Elysia. While Mei walked back and forth, I tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes. I really wasn't a morning person, even in a virtual reality. ,,Mei, stay still for five minutes. You'll drive me crazy with your running back and forth. Elysia will show up, we are here too early," I said. Mei sighed and seemed to calm down a bit. But the longer we waited here quietly, the more nervous I got. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone coming, but it wasn't Elysia. 

,,Hi~ cute Humans! Is an elf such as I fated to meet you in the morning?'' asked Elf Elysia. ,,...I've almost gotten used to you, but I suddenly want to comment on how much you resemble Elysia.'' said Mei. ,,Oh, speaking of which, where's the mature me? Did you come to see me alone? Elf Elysia is so happy!'' asked Elf Elysia curious. ,,No... We agreed to meet here, but she's late.'' I replied calmly. ,,How rude of her! If I were her, I'd come much earlier than you to cherish the last moments spend with you!'' Elf Elysia pouted. ,,The last moments?'' Mei asked. ,,Yeah! Aren't you leaving after learning the truths? That's what the mature me said when we were fixing the typewriter yesterday. She said she'll prepare many surprises on the last island to make you remember us. So many that you can only dream of the realm for the rest of your life. Then you might not want to leave. I laughed at her naivety. Why would anyone want to stay at a place where they suffered.'' Elf Elysia explained. 

Elf Elysia was not entirely wrong. Back at Schicksal I suffered from extreme loneliness and the fact that Otto didn't want to let me go earlier didn't help either. Therefore, she was right, who would want to be where you suffer? ,,Leaving my matters aside, why are you here? You should be keeping the archives.'' Mei asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. ,,About this... uh... I can explain...'' Ely Elysia started nervous. ,,...Nobody came after you two had left yesterday. I got bored so I went outside. The afternoon sun felt warm and the flowers smelled sweet. I fell asleep in no time next to a fluffy kitten.''

,,So an Elf needs sleep.'' Mei stated. ,,When I woke up, it was dark, the kitten was gone, so I immediately ran back, but, but... The archives were locked!'' finished Elf Elysia. ,,Locked? You didn't lock it?'' I asked. ,,Why would I? Elysium Everlasting is super safe.'' Elf Elysia answered as if it were obvious. ,,Anyway, I tried all sorts of unlocking spells, but couldn't break... open the lock, so I spent the night in the garden.'' ,,How come your magic always sounds so wrong one way or another... Anyway, you can't unlock the archives?'' Mei asked with her arms crossed. ,,Uh-huh, this has never happened to me before.'' the elf nodded.

,,Strange... Does it house anything important besides the typewriter?'' I asked. ,,Of course! It's home to a charming, adorable, and pristine Elf! And that's it.'' she answered serious. Suddenly the elf's eyes widened. ,,Oh no! Could the unique me be the target? Elf Elysia will not allow such atrocity! I'll correct it, even if I must resort to spells that smash the door open!'' ,,That'd be more atrocious...'' said Mei. ,,Desperate times call for desperate measures! Catch you later, cute humans!'' replied Elf Elysia and left. 

Mei and I continued to wait for Elysia, but she still did not come. 'Really strange....' I thought anxiously. ,,Something's wrong. Elysia doesn't stand people up. What's keeping her for so long? Could I have misremembered the place?'' asked Mei. ,,Nope, we are in the right place.'' I replied. ,,Then we should look around," Mei said. We went in the direction of the market and on the way we were stopped by strange monsters. Instead of normal Honkai beasts, these were green and gray. Something is really wrong here...' I thought worried. To my and Mei's surprise, a few of the other flame chasers were there too. Kevin, Su, Mobius and Aponia. 

,,...Impossible.'' said Kevin. ,,I feel the same, so I double-checked.'' mumbled Su. ,,We may have a blind spot.'' Aponia considered. ,,... Is it that hard to comprehand? Do you actually thank she's watching us from somewhere and laughing her head off now? She's never played this joke.'' Mobius asked spitefully. ,,Oh... I never thought I'd hear you praise her, Mobius. You must be pretty shaken.'' said Aponia calm. ,,Um... Excuse me.'' Mei started. ,,Look who's here.'' Mobius said and eyed us. ,,Hello, Mei, Yuki. Can I help you?'' asked Aponia us. ,,Have anyone of you seen Elysia?'' asked Mei. ,,What's your business with her?'' Kevin demanded to know. ,,It's not business. She didn't show up as agreed, so were looking for her.'' Mei replied. The flame chasers remained silent. ,,If you don't know, you can tell us.'' Mei added. 

,,Sorry, Visitors. Elysia... seems to be in trouble. She's currently... Gone.'' apologized Su. Mine and Mei's eyes widened. ,,Gone?'' I asked shocked. ,,What do you mean by ''gone''? Is she hiding, or...'' Mei also asked. ,,Hey... looks like my lab rats are still in the dark.'' Mobius started. Confused I looked to her. ,,Su speaks in an opaque manner. Let me translate...''

,,The Woman you're looking for... is dead.'' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 357 18
______________________________________________ You were taken from your mother at the age of 7 and forced to endure grueling torture, seeing your fri...
70.1K 2K 19
A What If Timeline from my other Honkai Story in which the Captain dies and reincarnates once again. A young boy with a sword, traveling alone with...
131K 3K 35
Diake was just a normal Nagazora City citizen, when the Honkai suddenly broke out into the city, turning anyone and everyone into mindless zombies or...
3K 59 18
She want's to see them again That's what Kiana said, The Herrscher of Flamescion, and the one that sealed the Honkai in the moon It has been 8 years...