Our Hearts Collided (MxM)

由 zoe_grimm

Love was but a foreign concept to Vince; the closest he's ever felt it was the few months he spent with his m... 更多

Our Hearts Collided
~Official Playlist~
Part 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 37

997 57 4
由 zoe_grimm

Vince's POV

My chest felt heavy and warm, and not in a terribly painful or in a way I felt I couldn't breathe. It was the complete opposite; an embrace that signified safety, security, and love. If time stood still and I was frozen like this for eternity, I wouldn't complain, so I refused to open my eyes and rouse from the sleepy state. Especially when Simon was sound asleep against my chest peacefully, his legs still entangled with mine beneath the sheets, and his breaths breathing against my exposed neck reminded me of the night prior.

I love you.

I had said it last night. In the haze of us making love—not even fully in the act—I had managed to say those three little words I had feared so much before. It had slipped from my lips as easily as saying hello.

Simon hadn't noticed, or if he did, he didn't say anything when I had almost let out a breathy laugh. I couldn't believe that I had been so nervously building up the moment I wanted to confess that, only for me to say it unconsciously last night. While I would've loved to have made it a spectacle, explaining why I loved him or led up to the moment, I'd say it was probably the best way to tell him.

Simon had often told me that I didn't need to say it, that the best things could be felt. It was hard to comprehend that initially, but now I understand it. Even if my words were barely above a whisper, the energy and power of everything unspoken made it as powerful as if I had given an entire speech.

As if he sensed my thoughts, Simon's breathing shifted, his body pressing into me.

"Good morning," I whispered, my breath leaving a trail of goosebumps along his neck. I could feel his smile spreading against my chest.

"'Morning."

"How are you feeling?"

He hummed. "Sore. In a good way, I promise."

While that was a relief, the fact that he was sore at all was a tad upsetting. Was I too rough? Should I have taken more time to prepare? Should I have stopped after the first time instead of willingly going for another two rounds, as he suggested?

Simon's hand reached up, his finger poking my cheek. "I mean it, Vince. Last night was amazing. It's normal to be a little sore after all...that."

My cheeks flushed. The sheets were a mess and tangled from last night, and neither of us had the energy to shower after properly, the lingering scent still strong evidence of what had happened last night. Luckily, I remembered to grab a wet washcloth and managed to wipe our bodies before finally falling asleep in each other's arms.

"I enjoyed it as well," I muttered. "Maybe a little too much."

He laughed softly. "I sure hope so."

My phone buzzed from the nightstand, surprisingly not dead—we were too occupied for me to set it on the charger. I groaned and reached for it, seeing Xavier's name on the screen. I let it ring once more before picking up the call. "Xav?"

"Hey, morning."

"What's up?"

"I have a very important and rather serious announcement to make," Xavier said. "And while I should have said something to you first, I don't think I can say it twice, so I'm just going to say it once in front of the betas and you because my nerves are through the roof, and I want to get this over with before I just crumple into a ball of anxiety? Nerves? Embarrassment? I don't even know. Just please be in the office in like ten minutes."

"Okay," I drawled. "Does this have to do with the Southern pack? I told you I could deal with them if they keep bothering you."

"No, nothing like that," Xavier said a little too quickly. "It's just something I've been considering and probably should have said earlier."

I hummed, though I wished he'd just say it to me. "You could just tell me on your way to the office."

He let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, again, I think I'm only going to have the courage to say it once."

"Alright," I obliged. "We'll be there shortly."

"Oh, and Vince?"

"Yeah?"

"You two might want to shower or spray some perfume or something. I might've passed by the door to say all of this earlier to your face, but I could smell it in the halls, so I called you instead," he said. "Unless you'd like all the betas to know what you two were up to."

I scoffed. "Oh, shut up."

He laughed. "Never."

Simon's arm wrapped around my waist as I set the phone back down. "Everything alright?"

"Xavier wants us to attend a meeting."

Simon groaned. "I could sleep for another three hours."

"I'd love to, but it sounded urgent. Some kind of announcement."

"Interesting," Simon said. "Why didn't he just text us?"

I shrugged. "That's what I'm saying."

"Guess I'll have to take a rain check."

"Rain check?"

He smirked. "To continue from where we left off yesterday."

My face flushed as the memories of us going at it multiple times replayed in my head. Yeah, definitely a rain check.

Despite Xavier's request, we didn't have time to shower or douse ourselves with perfume, not that either of us really cared. We had spent eight minutes attempting to drag ourselves out of bed and another two fumbling for clothes while trying not to continue last night's activities.

If any of the betas could smell anything from us last night, no one had said anything. Gratefully, Xavier didn't either. Most likely, his nerves about addressing the betas overrode everything else.

It was a surprise that Sam was there. He usually didn't attend pack meetings unless they directly related to the clinic and the rogues. If it was something serious, my concerns were that Sam was having issues with the uptick of rogues in need of help or other packs were trying to impede on his business. If the southern pack really disliked Xavier's leadership, it was quite possible that they'd see Sam as a means to get to Xavier. Xavier and I discussed this concern which sparked the idea of letting Sam move his business here. It would explain why all the betas were called today if Xavier decided to proceed.

With all of us seated, Xavier cleared his throat. "So, I've been giving what Vince has told me, along with a few of you, and it's probably best I am candid and completely honest with you all. A lot has happened since I became alpha, and I know I'm rather young and inexperienced in many things. Many people may say that I'm not qualified or that it's probably best I focus my efforts on raising Jonah and Lilah, but I enjoy creating a safer and more inclusive pack. With that being said..."

As much as I didn't mind Xavier rambling, even finding it to be one of his charms, the entire room waited impatiently for him to get to the point finally.

"As all of you know, Sam has been aiding us in helping rehabilitate rogues in need of assistance, as well as providing invaluable knowledge within the medical realm. Our working relationship with him has benefited both parties, strengthening our relationship with other packs and the rogues in our surrounding territories. As we move forward in expanding our services and camaraderie with the latest pack treaties, I hope to continue this working partnership even after..."

Xavier trailed off, glancing in Sam's direction, who offered an encouraging nod and thumbs up. I narrowed my eyes between them, already suspecting where this was going. Xavier nodded before saying, "It's why I've decided to announce that our working relationship has also developed into a personal one. I hope you all will respect and trust that I will keep full responsibility for separating the two even if we are...dating."

There was a drawn-out silence, one that I knew was driving him insane, but for the most part, I was in awe. Xavier had finally admitted it. He and Sam were boyfriends—well, officially. Technically, they probably were dating even before I brought the subject up over the phone.

Unable to withstand the silence, Xavier rambled, "I know it looks bad to be personally involved with a work partner, but I'll work harder not to intermix the two and be mindful of your concerns. And if any of you truly disapprove of this decision, I totally understand and would gladly work with you to find a solution."

No one said anything to that, even the older betas that had been here since I was alpha. Most look bored, even yawning during this meeting.

"Oh," one of the younger betas said finally. "That's it?"

Xavier blinked. "What?"

Evan, I think was his name, replied, "Well, we thought it was pretty obvious, right?"

He looked to the other betas around him, most of which nodded.

Dwaine, our cousin, who also frequently slept over with Grant at Xavier's place, snorted. Usually stoic, the beta had grown to love teasing Xavier. "Grant and I called it the night you tried to secretly shove him out the window when I arrived home from guard watch."

Sam grinned, covering half his face. None of them had told me about that, but I wouldn't let either of them live that down.

"Oh, well," Xavier drawled, scratching his head. "That went a lot smoother than I thought. I had a whole other speech thing in case you were against it."

Henry, the second oldest, who was well over twice Xavier's age, crossed his arms. "Son, I've been around since your father was alpha. I've seen what this pack has been through, and I wouldn't be here if I had a problem with your leadership or personal life. I respect you and willingly continue to serve this pack. None of us has qualms about it. If any betas, thetas, or pack members do, they can speak to me."

Xavier let out a breath. "Thanks, Henry. And you do know that you could've retired years ago? Not that I don't appreciate your service. It's just, wouldn't you like to rest?"

Henry scoffed. "And what? Sit around at home doing crosswords? You lads keep me young."

"If that's all," another beta said. "We've got a training session with the thetas. Congrats, Xav. Not like this is anything new."

He got up to leave, but Xavier cleared his throat, motioning for him to sit down. "Actually, there is one more item on the agenda, but it's just between the betas and Simon." Xavier looked between them, purposely avoiding looking at me. "Just them."

Still, I narrowed my eyes at him. "Surely, I can stay. If it concerns Simon, I don't see why I can't be here."

Simon shrugged, just as confused as I was.

"Nope," Xavier said. "I actually need you to run some errands."

"Me?"

Xavier nodded. "Yes. Sam needs help with something."

Sam blinked, looking between Xavier and me. But with a pencil smile, Sam seemed to remember something. "Right, the clinic needs help with the supplies. They shipped it here, and I need to drop some equipment off and bring some stuff here."

"I'm sure your boyfriend could help," I mused.

Xavier sighed. "Vince, seriously."

I hummed, though I suspected Xavier was up to something. Why send me away with Sam?

"Fine," I told him. "But, you owe me Cindy's."

Xavier rolled his eyes. "Deal."

The older beta, Henry, laughed at our interactions, obviously amused at the brotherly banter.

Simon squeezed my hand. "I'll be fine. It might be fun, just the two of you."

My features scrunched. "Shall we?" I gestured to the door. Sam nodded and followed me out of the room, not before I sent a glare at Xavier. I'd bug him later about him and his weird ulterior motives. Could it be he wanted me to bond with his boyfriend? Either way, I was totally going to use this opportunity to give Sam the official talk. Not that I didn't trust Sam, but it was only fair that I did the obligatory speech.

"If it makes you feel better, he hasn't told me why he's acting like that either," Sam said, shutting the office door behind us. "But there are some things I needed help bringing back to the clinic."

"Good, glad we can both spot that he's scheming something," I said. "We can come up with our theories in the car. And I should probably say congrats and good luck. You'll need it, dealing with him."

---

a/n: what could Xavier be up to?

Want extra content for OHC, IAH, or Bloodsworn? Check out my Patreon! The latest update was a spicy scene set right before this one! Link in bio!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

125K 13.5K 62
Can you die of a broken heart? For a Wolf, the answer is yes. Can what's broken be mended? That depends. It's been a year since his mate's betrayal...
928K 42.1K 72
In a single moment, Simon's life had turned upside down. Homeless, packless, rejected, and without his beloved family, Simon had lost all he's known...
1.3M 52.3K 29
BOOK 1. SHADOW CREEK PACK. Xavier, the last of his clan, the last of his family, thought he was alone, well thought, blending in and surviving for ye...
1.3M 80.6K 76
Since River has been old enough to ask, his father has brain-washed into believing that he's unworthy of any sort of love. Especially from his long-a...