You're A Keeper (GxG)

By JoBlackheart

Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone els... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Credit

Chapter Fourteen

170 13 12
By JoBlackheart

"Do you have any plans for after we've changed my car's battery?" Giselle asked while looking at her senior sitting next to her in backseat of the cab they were taking and heading to the car park of the mall to get her baby white car.

"Umm... No," Drew replied while pulling a recycle bag closer to her chest with her arms as if it was one of the dearest belongings to her. Maybe it was because the car charger was one of the things that was given to her by her late dad.

The taller girl pressed her lips for a while, dark brown eyes beneath her rose gold frame glasses focusing on the windshield like she was helping to navigate the direction for the driver and said, "Probably, I will relax at my home after this if I don't have any plans for later."

Luckily, it seemed Giselle could have a plan for them later. But the brunette wasn't in a hurry to suggest it since her senior was busy looking for directions and giving instructions to the driver who reluctantly complied with it.

Drew seemed to sense the driver was uneasy with that. She tried to be nice and explained her reason to the older driver patiently. Giselle could look into her senior left side profile, the dimple of hers would always appear whenever she was smiling or even just a small one. It was the second time that the brunette saw her senior with a casual outlook which looked perfectly good on her.

The taller girl let her long dark hair hang down freely past her shoulders, and wore a plain black t-shirt, a pair of denim jeans, and white sneakers. The brunette smiled to herself that she was wearing the yellow sundress which was lent from Drew since she couldn't put on any jeans or shorts of Drew's which were a size bigger than hers.

It was an early Saturday, and Giselle was happy that she had time for her to get a nice plan for them. Giselle eventually got an idea since they had been worn out for weekdays and they should have to do something light and chilled.

"Wanna have brunch with me after this since we didn't have any food yet?" Giselle asked.

"Sure!" Drew's response was faster than the brunette expected. Giselle giggled and was thrilled that her senior would never decline whatever plan she had made.

"Perfect, I'll set a place for us," Giselle gently used the back of her hand to tap her senior's forearm and said in her small voice, "The brunch will be on me to thank you for letting me sleep over at your place and helping to fix my car."

"You don't have to, I'm happy to help," Drew said as she glanced at the brunette before looking at her phone and smiling, "I just checked for the nearest workshop from google. We're lucky today because it will be open at 9 a.m. The time would be perfect for us to get there and fix your car."

"Oh, we could get our big breakfast with coffee combos at-" Giselle said with her wide grin, but Drew had piped in with a wide grin, "Meet The Cafe."

"Yes! That's the cafe in my mind right now," Giselle chimed in and her stomach growled happily in agreement as she quickly caressed it and felt her face heat up.

In the meanwhile, there was another growl beside her as Giselle snapped her attention to her senior who was mirroring the same expression. Drew was looking shy as she discreetly indicated the driver in front of them and whispered, "Let's hope he didn't hear that."

Giselle giggled and nodded her head in agreement, "We can just hope for that. But I don't think we can hide it better. They were acting out loud."

Drew chuckled with shook her head before slipping her hands on her face and covering her eyes beneath her glasses and murmured, "We're almost there, and he would forget about it."

Giselle gently bumped her senior, "Well, that's normal, we are human."

Drew nodded her head and slipped her hands away from her tinted face and she smiled at the cutie apologetically, "My bad, I should have gotten us something light before heading out."

"That's okay, I didn't feel hungry when we were going out earlier," Giselle assured as she put a hand on her senior and gently squeezed it.

"Okay, we will get more food after this, I promise," Drew smiled softly in return and the familiar view of the mall lobby appeared in car door glasses.

"Yes, I need food!" Giselle chimed in as they were ready to get out of the cab.

The pair had spent an hour taking Giselle's little white car to replace a new car battery. The brunette proudly drove it, feeling happy to let her senior join her on a ride to the cafe they had been looking forward to. The ladies were thrilled and finally settled at a booth in the cafe after making the order for them.

Drew leaned her back against the seat while holding her phone in her hand and seemed to check something related to her work. The brunette decided to give her senior a space but scanned Drew's nice upper part of her body with her plain black t-shirt clung to her torso like a second skin. Her arms were lean and long and Giselle always envied her senior's height and well-matched figure like a model.

The natural sunlight from the window contrasted the taller girl's long and luscious raven hair like dark blue, and she didn't even bother with the lock of her hair curtain around her shoulders since she was focusing on her mobile.

"Two big breakfasts and two hot lattes for the ladies," a waitress had a jovial smile while walking toward the girls' table with a tray of food. She was the boss of the cafe, and the bubbly and friendly vibe had reminded Giselle about Delilah a lot.

"Wow, you have a nice dimple on your face," the lady grinned at Drew while serving the hot latte on the table, as the taller girl chuckled shyly and thanked her politely.

After the lady served hot lattes on the table, she turned to look at Giselle and Drew back and forth as she chuckled while putting the breakfast set on the table, "My niece was right. She kept telling me that she saw two pretty princesses here. So, I was curious and now I'm here."

The lady held the empty tray with her forearm as she looked at the two shy girls who were looking at her awkwardly. The lady seemed didn't bother much as she looked at Giselle and said, "My niece told me you have light brown beautiful eyes and hair." the lady's eyes trailed to Drew, and added, "And she told me that the lady in glasses has beautiful dark hair and very fair skin like Snow White."

Giselle couldn't help but break out in light laughter that slipped from her pouty lips, and she thought Snow White was well matched for her senior because she had a pale skin tone. However, her poor senior's face had reddened as she was facing the table.

"Oh, one more thing," the lady gently patted Drew's shoulder for attention as the taller girl slowly looked at the lady and smiled awkwardly. The lady used a finger pointed at her own cheek and giggled, "I really like your dimple. It's really pretty."

"Thank you, you guys are too nice," Drew chuckled shyly as her face was now beetroot red.

"You're welcome. Enjoy your breakfast, pretty girls," the lady flash a wink at them as she walked away from them.

Drew blew out a sigh from her lips and chuckled, "I guess she is just being nice and wants me to get another dessert for us, huh."

"Nah, she is genuinely telling you the truth," Giselle assured her senior and she was kinda proud that the others would see Drew as pretty as she thought. No, Drew was beyond that.

"Thank you, you're nice too," Drew tried to fan her face a little and quickly took a glass of plain water and chugged down the water before taking the silverware on the table and giving a small smile, "Let's eat."

"Yes, I'm salivating with all the food right now," Giselle cried out as she happily took her silverware and scoop a small spoon of the scrambled egg as she moaned softly, "Mmm... It's so creamy."

"I like the mashed potato, especially the gravy," Drew nodded her head with a satisfied smile, and the pair fell silent and started attacking the food since they didn't eat anything in the morning.

Meanwhile, Giselle had something on her mind and was thinking it was the right time for her to bring out this topic. She stopped eating, slowly put the silverware on the side plate, took a napkin to wipe her greasy lips, and quickly took her mobile and searched for the link she had read lately.

Once she opened the link she quickly said, "Drew, I'm gonna show you something. I think you would agree with it!"

Giselle happily put her phone on the table and carefully pushed it in front of her senior side with an article open on it. Drew was having a mouthful of her food in her mouth while looking into Giselle's phone as her eyes bulged out and got choked a little with the food.

The poor taller girl was trying to swallow down her food as she quickly took the napkin to cover her mouth before coughing. The brunette regretted showing this to her senior at the wrong time. Feeling bad, she stood up and went around the table and sat next to her senior.

Giselle put a hand on her senior's back, gingerly caressed her back and she quickly signaled one of the servers to get plain water for them. Then, she looked at her senior in worry, "I'm so, so sorry, Drew. Are you alright?"

Drew eventually stopped coughing while raising a hand and nodded her head. She removed a hand with a tissue from her mouth and held it while putting her hand on the table as she said in her raspy voice, "I'm okay. The article is kind of..."

However, Drew coughed again, and she was interrupted by a server putting a glass of water on her table. Giselle swiftly thanked the server before taking the water and took her senior's hand and let her take the glass of water from her.

Feeling grateful, Drew greedily drank down the water as she sighed softly, "Sorry, I needed water." Drew cleared her throat and said, "What I'm trying to say is. This article is too creative."

Giselle giggled as she teased, "I wonder what the article has scared you."

"It didn't scare me. I'm just surprised there is such a thing." Drew shrugged a little. The article was all about work wives in the workplace, and how they interact and support one another, and Drew thought it hit a little close to home.

Giselle looked at her senior in amusement and she asked, "What do you think about the concept of a work wife for this article?"

"Weird," Drew replied.

"Are you sure about that?" Giselle inquired Drew who shrugged a little again as Giselle took her phone from the table and she tried to explain, "You see 'Why every professional woman should get herself a work-wife?' So, it explained that having a close friend at work doesn't just make the day pass more quickly, it also makes you get better at your job."

"Are you trying to say that we need to be friends with Monica? So, she could get any of us to be her work-wife and any of us would share a win-win trade with her?" Drew asked warily and cringed.

Giselle burst out hearty laughter and Drew's face tinted and argued, "You can't blame me for thinking like that. She is a professional woman!"

"No, Drew! I never mean like that," Giselle kept giggling and now she got why Drew seemed to freak out when she showed her the article. "Drew, what I'm trying to say is about us. It's not just that Miss Monica is a professional woman. Any of the ladies who are having their job are professional women."

Drew's face softened as she used a hand to caress her sternum and sighed in relief, "You almost freak me out. It would be the worst nightmare, ever."

"Calm down, Drew. I don't think Miss Monica needs a work-wife because she already had a work hubby." Giselle explained as she shuddered with the idea her manager was having an affair with their disgusting coworker, Tom, who acted like a jerk.

"Ugh, I don't think I will have an appetite right now," Drew chuckled while shaking her head while wrinkling her nose.

"Okay, let's skip them," Giselle quickly said as she cleared her throat and added, "Let's talk about us."

Drew arched her brow and didn't say anything as the brunette hummed, "What I'm trying to share this article with you is... I think we are kinda like them. I was so happy to work here because you always keep me from troubles, and sometimes you would voice out for me while I can't convince the other people."

Giselle bit her lips as she slowly leaned in closer with her left arm to entwine her senior right arm and looked at her senior, "We practically shared anything and we never complained about it. You let me open up a lot. Besides, we were getting comfortable doing this and we even shared our little secret yesterday."

A small smile spread on Giselle's tinted face, "They would become work-wife because they trust each other just like us. Also, they are giving each other support to work better, and we did. You are my leader and I'm your great support."

Drew's face was sharing the same color as Giselle's and smiling softly. Giselle was half relieved and she asked eagerly, "Do you agree about this?"

Drew nodded her head and said, "I do agree on part of it. But I'm not a leader. We are teammates."

"Yes, teammate it is," Giselle chuckled and she leaned her head on her senior's shoulder and said in a small voice, "And work-wife."

A shaky and raspy laugh escaped from Drew's lips, and Giselle looked up, "I know you heard that. So, can we call each other work-wife?"

"Yea, I'm fine. We're great teammates and that's our code name," Drew smiled softly.

"That's cool for us, isn't it?" Giselle beamed.

"It is," Drew replied as a smile still lingered on her face.

Giselle pulled away from her senior with her arm still linking at her senior and she used her free hand to take a cup of her coffee and ready a toast, "Let's give cheers for work wives."

Drew took a cup of her coffee and gently toast it with Giselle's cup of coffee, "Cheers for work wives!" The pair giggled before taking a sip of their coffee.

Drew cringed a little after she found out about the cold coffee. She sighed as she put down the cup and indicated the breakfast claiming that they should be finished fast before it gets cold.

"I'm sorry, I have taken our precious time enjoying our breakfast," Giselle said sheepishly before freeing her arm from Drew. She stood up and took a plate of her breakfast before sitting down and continuing to finish her meal.

The brunette hummed softly in contentment while enjoying the remainder of her delicious meal. Deep down, Giselle knew she was grinning like a silly high school girl just met her crush, but she didn't care.

~~~

A/N: If any of you is curious with the article Giselle shared. Here is the link ;)

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/why-every-professional-women-should-get-herself-a-work-wife.html

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 422 25
"Alina, please believe me that i haven't been messing with anyone. What do i have to do for you to understand how much i want to be with you?" Madiso...
414K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
46.5K 1.1K 31
For a long time, I've always seen couples and wondered when it would be my turn for my gay love story. I wondered about it as I drank my coffee. I be...
3.3M 87.9K 121
Ellie has been not-quite-flirting with her housemate’s friend Mia, and not really thinking too much about it, until one day Mia offers to follow thro...