Sweet and Sour Hearts (Sun Wu...

By Wolfytoons31x

Before the events of MK's journey, reader moves into the city, and works at a cafe as the baker. She keeps he... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: We finally meet
Chapter 2: Turmoil
Chapter 3: Apologies
Chapter 4: A hero's beginning
Chapter 5: Be my sensei
Chapter 6: The master and his students
Chapter 7: The copy monkey
Chapter 8: Betrayal
Chapter 9: Part of the team
Chapter 10: The invasion of spiders
Chapter 11: To the rescue
Chapter 12: The shadow
Chapter 13: When tragedy struck
Chapter 14: Drowning
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Love Monkey
Chapter 17: Alone at last
Chapter 18: The Lantern Festival
Chapter 19: The Ritual
Chapter 20: Walk Out
Chapter 21: The Plan
Chapter 22: The King's Love
Chapter 23: The End of Lady Bone Demon
Chapter 24: A New Beginning
Chapter 25: Surprise!
Chapter 26: The Guest
Chapter 27: A Brawl for the Heart
Chapter 28: Half-Truths
Chapter 29: Confession
Chapter 30: Lament
Chapter 31: I love you
Chapter 32: Desire
Chapter 33: Reflection
Chapter 34: Bad News
Chapter 35: The Trial
Chapter 36: Ai
Chapter 37: Reunion
Chapter 38: Peace
Epilogue
Chapter 40: Normalcy?
Chapter 41: Azure
Chapter 42: Tang
Chapter 43: Pigsy
Chapter 44: The Past
Chapter 45: Love Hurts
Chapter 46: Training
Chapter 47: The Final Showdown [Finale]
Random Note!

Chapter 39: Happily Ever After

1.8K 54 34
By Wolfytoons31x

(A/N): Hello~! It's so good to be back! Thank you again for voting on season 4. I had no idea so many people were up for more. Again thank you. Here we are with a brand new season only this time bonds are tighter than before. I'll most likely do season 5 as well if there is one and if not maybe one day I'll make another book. So without further ado, please enjoy~

Edit: Oh my gosh someone pointed out something I forgot to add but I know I did. So sorry for those confused. This chapter and the story is a continuation without babies. Pretend the epilogue doesn't happen until the very end of the series or book when completed.

Macaque sets a bowl of assorted fruits on the table along with an array of dishes. He takes a step back to admire his handy work. "Something's off." Eureka! The final addition is a plum blossom branch as a centerpiece. "Much better." He chirped.

On cue, your voice echoes. Startled, Macaque finds himself more nervous than anticipated. He quickly blocks the path ahead to greet you. "Hey there, beautiful."

"Well, hello..." your fingers walk across his chest to cup his cheek, "...hot stuff~" You cooed, earning a shudder from the simian. "Where's this surprise you've been so eager to show me?"

"You're close. I just need you to be blindfolded first." He covers your eyes and guides you down the path. You could barely contain your excitement. As you draw near, you hear the trickling sound of a waterfall. "Ready?" Nothing could have prepared you for the romantic setting Macaque put into. The dinner table is set under a tree decorated with lanterns next to a pond with a miniature waterfall, and the reflection of the moon on the water gives the oasis a magical touch. "I-it was a hassle getting everything sorted out. It's probably not the best, I know."

You cease his ramblings with a kiss. "It's perfect, my love."

His heart flutters as he bashfully rubs the back of his head. In a chivalrous manner, he pulls a chair out for you to sit on before taking his. You're dazzled by the delicious assortments of food served in front of you. What is strange is the large bowl of fruit. Sensual activities are all you could surmise from it.

Macaque squirms in his seat troubled by your silence. "If the food isn't to your liking you don't have to eat it. I can fetch you something else?"

"It's fine, love. Really. I love what you've done." You glance at your surroundings. "I'm blown away by...well...the detail you put forth. I had no idea how creative you are."

He sighs in relief and reverts to his confident self. "You know me, doll. I'm full of surprises."

You find it adorable how he was overcompensating for everything moments ago. One praise is all it takes to boost his ego. He certainly didn't differ from Sun Wukong.

After dinner, a slow dance was in order. Given the chance to enjoy being close to the moon. Two hearts in sync with the sound of music. It was like a dream come true. No more danger, no more complications. You're finally at peace after years. All it took was an encounter between a hero and a warrior.

You lock eyes as you shift positions. Your arms now wrap around his neck while your heads touch. You can't help placing Macaque under a spell by your powers. Not that he minded. You're both in total bliss, and it's well deserved.

"I never thought I'd get the chance to be this happy." You started.

"Neither did I. I thought my fate was sealed when resurrected, however, you gave me a second chance." Macaque's lips brush on your skin, planting a sweet kiss on your cheek.

"I didn't do it alone. Remember, MK did the most convincing."

"That kid sure is something." He scoffed.

You pleasantly agreed triggering an after-burning thought. You've known MK for nearly a year and a half learning a great deal about him. The love he has for his friends is equally divided, although, he sought affection from you as if you were their mother. It's even gone as far as he called you mom. You did not oppose since you felt mutual toward the idea, yet it would be offensive to his parents in some way, wouldn't it?

"He sure is a mystery too." You unintentionally added.

Macaque sways gently to the beat. "Curious about him?" One pro trait about you is your heart of gold. You're constantly concerned for others, especially when it comes to friends. Macaque and Sun have always found it attractive.

"Yeah, I've been around him for a while, but I don't quite know him at all." You admitted.

"Maybe you can ask him?" He tips your chin up. "For now, let's enjoy our time alone before Wukong ruins it." He pulls you close in one tug from his tail then clashes lips onto yours. You cup his face returning the favor. You battle for dominance with each passionate kiss only to conclude in a draw for air. Both of you are flustered after giving it their all. He soothes the moment with gentle smooches.

"You're cute when you're possessive." You cooed. "But we agreed to share me, and each spends quality time based on our schedules."

"And yet, Wukong bailed on our engagement while I'm alone committed to my, sugarplum." He grinned as his playful guise begins to show.

"You know he didn't bail. Something came up." You boop his nose, unwilling to fall for his tricks. "That being said, we should head home. It's almost midnight."

"Mid-term studies, right?" He sighed dejectedly.

You shoot him an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry. I'll have free time during spring break."

"You don't need to be sorry. I know you're doing your best. Just promise me I'm first on your list when the break comes." He transforms into a bird and perches on your shoulder. "Let's take the scenic route home." He suggested.

Effortlessly, he carries you to the mountain while admiring the view below.

It's been seven months since the fall of Bone Demon, and your trial. The city has recognized MK as its hero. You're proud to witness his experiences broaden his prowess. Meanwhile, you have chosen to finish college to pursue your dream career. In a way, you're starting fresh in life with a positive mindset. Even so, there was a month-long grieving process in between prior except you weren't alone. Your friends, father, and lovers were there to help you back on your feet. Now you feel like you can take on the world.

As you land on the mountain, you find Sun talking to your father. Both were seemingly troubled. Golden eyes divert towards you, immediately switching moods. "Hey! There they are~! You sure kept me waiting. I thought I'd be unattended tonight." Sun winked. You immediately become beat red in disbelief the sage would say such a lewd thing in front of guests.

Macaque rolls his eyes, "when has there ever been a curfew for a date?" He queried.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe since today?" Sun said cheekily.

You ignore the boys and focus on your father. "Is everything alright?"

Lixin smiles and pats your hands reassuringly. "I'm fine, dear. I was merely informing the Monkey King about the twins Yin, and Jin as well as my plans." You quirk a brow to Wukong for an explanation.

"Your dad says he's layed odd the twins. They didn't take it well when he felt he no longer required their services. Oddly enough, my stash of relics has been stolen which is why I took a rain check on our date."

"You should have told us." You said.

"And let you miss out on a romantic evening?" You hang your head filled with guilt. Obviously, you felt like a burden to be put first over a serious case. Wukong senses your disturbance. He tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear. "Look, you've been stressed out with your studies for quite some time. Macaque and I agreed a romantic getaway will loosen you up."

You blush, feeling foolish to assume the worst. You lean your cheek into his hand in appreciation.

"It's relieving to know you've found suitable partners," Lixin stated what you were thinking. "Everlasting young love. I can't wait to have grandchildren to boast to Yumi."

Your face turns red again over the intrusive thought. "Dad!" You croaked. "Wait a minute, Yumi?"

"Ah, I nearly forgot to tell you my plans. I've met a wonderful companion named Yumi. She and I are going to travel the world." He chirped.

You're taken aback by the sudden news. "Hold on! Did you find a special lady? You're leaving? What about the house you recreated?" So many questions left unanswered keep you on edge. Even if you two were both starting to reconcile, it was too soon to do anything, and yet your dad is moving fast after a great deal of loss.

"Yes, I did. She occasionally does Tai Chi at the park with her friends. That's where we first met." He chimed. "I know this is overwhelming, but I've mourned for too long. It's time I move on too." You concur that you haven't taken into account his feelings. How could you with all the trauma left behind? You were both healing from a messy relationship, attempting to repair where you left off. "As for the house, I sold it. I'm going to use the money during my retirement."

You take a minute to process before accepting his choice. In all honesty, you're a little upset he didn't confide in you about a personal matter. A house that held memories even if it was a copy. You set aside your feelings deciding to let the man live how he pleases. You force a smile, "I'm happy for you dad. Promise to visit?" You embrace the old man as he whispers back,

"I will."

Brush.

Brush.

Before bed you comb your hair in front of the vanity, reflecting on today's events. It began out as any other with a candle-lit or rather, lantern-lit dinner. Coming home to an update of your father traveling which continues to perplex you. It's awkward making contact with him, but part of you felt a sense of guilt for putting him in a situation of pain. Still, you know fairly well he played a part too, but it didn't mull over your past actions. You felt like your birth was still unworthy regardless of the good reasons.

"It's all the same!"

You jolt from Macaque's outburst.

"No, it's not. The left side is way more comfortable." Sun argued.

Yep. Every night it's the same bickering from Wukong about who gets to sleep on which side of the bed. You shake your head in amusement. "Why don't you change sides every night to avoid this pointless conflict?"

"Fine." They said in unison. You take your place in the center and settle in with both apes on each side.

The concept of having two partners is a little tiresome at times, but you wouldn't change it for anything. Juggling between the two requires your affection, and thankfully both are accustomed to one another prior to your arrival which makes things easy. During the mourning, you all agreed to start on a fresh slate. It even meant confessing about sleeping with Macaque. Sun was a little upset, but in a way flattered. You didn't understand why until he expressed how both of them are practically one and the same. It didn't make sense and offered to punish yourself to repent. The only thing Sun asked is for you to stay with him, and communicate. It's what started such a disaster in the first place. Although, there was indeed a tinge of hurt in his heart. No amount of retribution would alleviate the hurt him until one day it stopped.

It took time for everyone to get used to each other. In the end, Sun became open to the idea as it felt like the old times. Whatever that meant. You're just relieved you found a way to get through by taking accountability and trying again. It's been smooth sailing now that you know what to expect from the brothers.

You kiss Sun and Macaque's cheeks. A good night kiss routine before sleep. They gladly return the favor.

As you stare at the ceiling, you backtrack to a question. "Sun, what are you gonna do about the relics? Shouldn't you be worried?"

"Nah, I've got that sorted out. MK will deal with it." He hummed.

"Sun!" You protested.

"Relax, sweetheart. The city is his territory now, remember? I'm retired, and it's his time to shine as the new hero. He'll bring my junk back to me once I tell him in the morning." He said.

"For once, I agree. Our time is over, but not the end." Macaque added. "Our retirement dream was to kick back and get fat on fruit without worry. Suffice to say we have it, and are sharing it with you." You smile fondly at him.

"I had no idea your dreams were simplistic. I guess it makes sense now." You're content to learn something about them has come true, and just as Macaque mentioned, you're the addition to their dream. You sigh, pleased able to sleep on a good note out of fate or luck.

(A/N): Question: After watching season 4 it had me wondering. Do you guys ship Pigsy with Sandy or Tang? They both seem close in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 441 9
You were the youngest in the Celestial Court along with your mentor the Celestial Maiden Princess Iron Fan learning combat and using your goddess pow...
23.9K 694 16
I do not own the character Macaque or any of the Lego Monkie characters! I also don't own any of the art! The only things I wrote were the storylines...
1.1K 61 19
This was not what MK was expecting when he asked the Macaque to be his teacher. This apartment was made out of those Shipping containers. The space f...
78.8K 3.2K 18
(Because we all need more possessed Sun Wukong stories) Unaware that someone is trying to turn you into the new Lady Bone Demon. You absentmindedly m...