His Coco

By choobeibi

Ailee ate her ice cream licking every bit of it and then Xavier pushed his cup infront of her. She looked con... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
!please read!
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
Epilogue♡
ANNOUNCEMENT!

chapter 5

41.1K 1.1K 65
By choobeibi

His eyes.

His stormy gray eyes. He has removed his ray bans and was now looking right at her.

She quickly looked ahead. It suddenly dawned on her that it was him with whom her book was exchanged.

Can her day get any more awkward?

She should've just gone back.

___

Xavier was on his way to his house when he thought of stopping by the bookstore.
He thought of returning the book while looking for some more. He has done this many times, coming here with a coffee and just looking around trying to feel like a normal person instead of someone who everyone is afraid of.

But who knew he would run into the girl he has been hearing the name of but not getting to see her. Yes, he realized a week ago that it was the same youngest Laurent he couldn't meet on the day of the party.

He moved forward and stood next to her. Then she glanced at him and that's when he saw the glimpse of her beautiful face.

Multiple times he overheard his employees talking about the children of Mr Laurent ever since they started working together but never had he heard about the youngest one but now that he has finally seen her he can say that she is the most attractive of them all.

But he was still wary of her. He knows better than anyone else that looks are deceiving.

His chain of thoughts were interrupted by a timid voice that he could barely make out what she was saying.

"Yes, that would be all. Thank you."

After picking up her book, she quickly turned around and bumped into his guard in her haste but before she could hit the ground she was embraced from behind in large hands.

She was terrified and a little embarrassed too. She slowly peeked at her savior just to come face to face with Mr Eiffel tower.

He straightened them both up.

"Thank you," she said quietly looking down at the floor, suddenly finding it very interesting.

He just nodded in return and looked away.

"There you go, Mr Romano. Sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. Have a nice day." The manager said while smiling extra sweetly at Xavier.

Her ears perked up hearing that name. Could he be the same Mr Romano her siblings were talking about? He matches the description as well-- handsome, dangerous, cold and distant from everyone.

She didn't stay longer to justify her theory and went home immediately.

Xavier too went his way right after.

___

Later that night Ailee sat in the balcony of her room looking at the moon eating chocolates, courtesy of Emma and recalling everything that has happened in the past week, from attending a party to falling in the arms of a stranger, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride for her.

It would all have been normal had she stayed at home that day instead of going to that stupid store by herself.

She is already very shy around everyone and his intimidating aura was like cherry on top.

She just cannot forget the whole interaction part. Her mind keeps replaying that moment over and over again. Is it normal?

Is this like one of those scenes from the books she reads all the time?

Shaking those thoughts she thought it'd be better if she steered clear of his way. He doesn't look like a 'sunshine' person.

___

Xavier was in Russia to check up on his underworld business. He has been there for more than a month now and will be going back to the States tonight.

Luka was taking care of everything in his absence and updating him every now and then.

The next day he was accompanying Luka to a site visit when he met Mr Laurent.

They exchanged pleasantries and talked business for a while.

Before leaving Mr Laurent invited them both to his house this weekend for dinner and Luka was more than happy to comply but Xavier half heartedly agreed. To him it was more socializing and pretense.

After a very hectic week, the day of dinner finally arrived. He was seated at the back of his Rolls Royce with Luka. They were on their way to the Laurents mansion and he just wanted to get over it.

They were welcomed warmly by the whole Laurent family but he didn't see the one person he was expecting to see after a month.

They were led inside and into their living room. All of them were too good for him. He wasn't used to this type of environment at all. Everyone seemed happy and he could feel the love they have for each other. It was low-key making him uncomfortable while Luka being the chatterbox he is, participated enthusiastically in the conversations as if he was living with them for 50 years.

They all were seated at the dining table when Ailee came into the room apologizing for being late.

Oh so they were all waiting for her to arrive.

She quickly looked around the room, scanning the new faces and when she looked at Romano, he was already looking at her.

Her eyes widened for a second when she realized it was really him that day but when the scenes from the same day flooded back in her mind, she flushed and looked down.

This little reaction from the little girl didn't go unnoticed by Xavier, he was following her every movement after all.

After the dinner Ailee quickly excused herself and went outside. She barely ate anything because her eyes kept locking with his. And due to that her face remained crimson throughout the dinner.

Now she was just sitting out in the garden on the swing overlooking their field of flowers and enjoying the cool breeze against her skin.

___

About half an hour later Xavier had to answer a call and came out, he talked while walking around the garden and when he hung up he was about to head back inside but found Ailee sitting on the swing alone. It looked so peaceful here. She looked so peaceful.

Something compelled him to go and talk to her and that he did.

He moved forward and cleared his throat. Ailee jumped from the sudden interruption and looked up. She gasped realizing who it was and looked down as she didn't know what to do now. Should she say hi? or-

"May I sit here?" He ended her overthinking by striking up a conversation himself.

"Huh? Yeah, you may," she answered softly.

"I'm guessing you know me now?"

"Yes, I know your name now." She said so quietly that he was left wondering, was she always so shy and timid like this or only with people she doesn't know?

Either way he found himself strangely comfortable talking with her.

"You don't talk much, do you?"

She shook her head confirming his suspicion.

He never thought he would experience one of those cringe worthy scenes Luka keeps talking about but here he was looking at her sitting here on a swing under the moonlight with just a simple summer dress on and cute bunny flip flops. So serene. So Beautiful.

He can tell, her appearance was just the description of what she was-- an innocent and pretty girl. His theory of looks are deceiving seems to be failing here and he would be glad if it really did.

Not wanting to make her uncomfortable he stood up and turned to leave but then
"Your number," he said, passing her his phone.

She looked at him and then the phone he was holding out and hesitantly took it in her hands.

He could've asked nicely but what can you expect from The Romano DeVinci. He never asks, he just takes.

But then again he did ask her before sitting down beside her. Hmm, he isn't that bad she thought. He has not given her a reason to think otherwise so far.

None of her encounters with him made her wary of him in spite of all the things she had heard about him.

She quickly typed in her contact number and handed over his phone back to him.

Giving your contact number isn't a big deal, right? She thought and shrugged.

Tucking back his phone in his pocket he turned and left but before he could completely leave he heard her say a little bye from behind and something akin to a smile threatened to fall on his lips but he managed to keep it at bay.

Not even fifteen minutes in her presence and she almost made him smile.

The dinner did not turn out to be so bad afterall.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

Next chapter : 👁️👅👁️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.5K 25
"I'm done, cupcake. I can't anymore," he mumbled, wiping his eyes. I turned to look at him and took his head into my hands. Both my hands were on eit...
192K 5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
1.4M 37.4K 29
Amaya Rose. she is sweet and also very good at baking. she ignores her attraction for him because she doesn't know who he is, all she knows is that h...
311K 5.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...