𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧...

By -alsephina

DISCONTINUED "𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙜𝙪𝙣" - ̗̀♡ ✎... More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.

22.

2.4K 124 10
By -alsephina

"This town is now a battle field." You agreed on that one, you stare outside the window, seeing as some Yard Guards were scouting the area near the house that you guys are in and some citizens were roaming around, sending the Yard with nasty glares and vice versa.

You stand next to William who was sitting on a chair, some papers on his grasp. Flipping through them and scanning the contents, leaning on the wall, you stare at the sky, it looks bloody red.

"What are you reading?" Staring once again back at William, he lift his head and stared at the men in front of him, who's also looking at some papers except for Bonde and Fred, who just stand still.

"Investigative reports from our man inside the Yard." William answered, you peeking through the paper and reading some sentences.

"An inside man?"

William answer Bonde, while you just watch the chaos on the ground. You sigh, watching as a citizen threw a pebble at a guard and quickly hiding after throwing a bottle at the guard's head.

"By you mean, to be prepared for the change of plans, are you pertaining to this?" William's gaze was now on you, looking up at you from his sitting position. "Sort of." He answered truthfully, putting down the papers on his lap.

"You'll not be joining the chaos." Eyes widening at his statement, you're about to retort back that you can keep up with their abilities in terms of a situation like this but William already beat you to it.

"That phoney Melantha." And bang, William hit you where it irks, he's aware that you're getting impatient as days pass by and that imposter is still going on and off about killing some nobles even after that threat that was directed to her. "Tomorrow, you'll be meeting her. Officially."

The other watch the interaction between the two of you, they watch as you cross your arms on your chest as William just stare at you.

"And that. We're going to show these phoney Jack the Rippers who the real devils around this town are." William glance at you before adding,

"While the Great Lady Melantha, handle her own copycat and show her who's the real seductress is."

. . .

"Oh wow!" Exclaiming loudly on purpose, gaining the attention of the woman who was busy on sketching around a map of Britain, and planning for the next execution. She flinch upon hearing an unfamiliar voice and shivers running down her spine and goosebumps all over her body at the cheerful yet laced with venom tone of voice.

Kimberly Clark, the fiancee of the noble you just killed, flinches upon hearing about her ex-fiancee. Her head snap to stare at you, almost worrying you if her neck would snap in half at how fast she turn her head at you.

She let out a shriek when a stiletto was sent to her direction, she eyes the stiletto that was stab on the wall and she feel her cheek sting and that a blood roll down her cheeks, she stare at the blade with fear as if only she was a centimeter closer, it would have hit her right on her face.

The woman stare back at you, seeing that you were disappointed that it didn't hit her where you expected.

"Awe, that was so close." And then, your demeanor completely change that it scared her to the core. With a much more cheerful voice but it was laced with venom. "I didn't believe that you're living off your dead fiancee's wealth like this!" You stated, tracing your fingertips over the paintings on the wall, awing at the fine texture and how nice the color schemes are.

"What was his name again?" You hum in thought, putting a hand on your chin. "Richard.. Nison?" You tilt your head, a frown visible on your face even though half of your face was covered with a mask.

"Nixon." Kimberly mumbles, eyes brimming with tears as she stare at you with full hatred in her eyes but there was a hint of fear behind them. "You.. you're Melantha!" Her tone was venomous, and the sound of her voice cracking.

"And you're my copycat!" It was weird for you to act cheerful and all when meeting someone who copies what you do, but behind that cheerfulness lay an angry tiger.

Her eyes widen when you claim her as your copycat, her pupil dilating as she stares at you with pure fear behind her eyes. You were then rush with pleasure at seeing the look in her eyes, fear with a tint of hatred in it.

She can't fully see who you really are as there's a mask that hides your real identity. But she can clearly see the dangerous glint in your eyes that sent shivers all over her body, she was shook to the core by just your stare.

"Now, what should I do?" You hum, pulling another golden stiletto behind your back and twirling it in your fingers, it's the same stiletto that you stab and almost hurting Fred in the process when he disguised himself as a maid to infiltrate your manor, and now..

"Tell me," some short strands of hair casting your eyes, as dark aura engulf you and the atmosphere in the room getting heavier and heavier as the seconds past and Kimberly was getting suffocate at the thick atmosphere that surrounds the two of you. "Who's the one ordering you around." It was an order, not a question.

"It's impossible for someone who looks feeble as you. And you're not that smart either, right?" You hum, Kimberly felt there's a hole burning in her head, she felt shivers all over as your red lips slowly form a wicked smile, showing off your canine teeth.

Though, even she's feeling fear because of your presence, she still had hatred towards you. After all, you're the one who killed her fiance.

Immediately, her hands tries to find something to use against you, your eyes widening for a fraction when she grab a blade in one of the drawers of the cabinet, her shaky hands pointing it at you.

You almost laugh at her attempt to look threatening, you hold the stiletto tightly, putting it in your face as your eyes shine with the color of blood under the moonlight.

"You're my copycat for a reason right? Why not show me what you've got? Huh."

. . .

A 'tsk' left your mouth, as Kimberly's body fell limply on the floor. Don't get any wrong idea, unfortunately she's still breathing but her breathing is ragged and almost desperate to gasp for air.

"Just tell me who it is already." You roll your eyes, putting more pressure on her hand and she yell, your heels stabbing through her hand, you can hear a bone crunch underneath your heel. "Come on," you lean down, Kimberly stare up at you, eyes filled with nothing but fear.

Your eyes went to the window, there was a flash of light and a deafening sound of guns ringing in the town. Gatling gun, you thought, familiar with the type of gun.

Not noticing that the copycat was fumbling around her, looking for the dagger that she pulled out in one of the drawers, you were distracted by the loud noise to notice that she finally grasped the dagger.

'Are they having any difficulty?' You thought, staring as smoke filled the town caused by the Gatling Gun. 'I should finish thi—!' Your thoughts were cut off when you felt something sharp thrusted on the side of your thigh.

Wearing a dress that has a slit on the side, you can see where the dagger is complete stab into, and seeing as blood ooze out from the stab wound and your skin tissues tearing open.

Hissing as you grasp the hilt of the dagger and throwing it on the other side of the room. Biting the inside of your cheeks, you kick Kimberly's face with your right feet, making her body to fly and hitting the wall.

You've hit her too hard, but do you even care?

"This.." you panted, feeling the pain in your thigh but at the same time, your ears rang when a loud explosion from the pier caught your attention. "Ah. The signal." You muttered, staring at Kimberly who just stared at you in horror.

"You're boring." You said, approaching her. "And you consider yourself as Melantha, how sad." Smiling at her, that will surely haunt her in her grave. Raising the stiletto and grazing the tip of it on her cheeks, drawing out blood.

"You'll be with your darling soon, sweetheart." With that, you thrust the blade in the side of her neck, watching as she gasp for air like a fish out of the water. Blood oozing out from the wound on her neck and you watch as she take a shallow breathe and soon, she gasp for her last breathe.

A sigh left your lips, holding the wound on your left thigh, feeling irk at the blood that ooze out of it.

You carved another sentence on the wall, along with a black rose and the stiletto was stab next to the carved sentence.

And in the end, you didn't even got any information about who's the one ordering her around, but soon, you'll find out who it is.

'Oh sweet great Melantha, you're finally dead, my dear copycat.'

. . .

"[Name]." William approached you as soon as you exit the manor of the Nixon, his eyes went to the wound on your leg and notice that it is still bleeding and you're having a hard time on walking because of the wound.

Leaning on the wall, you barely could stand up. Even if you've said that she's boring, she still manage to put up a fight and clearly, she's been trained. Throwing all the punches and kicks at your direction but the way she grab the knife and pointed it at you with shaky hands,

it looks pathetic and laughable.

Your eyes stare at a pair of ruby red ones, William approach you, still have the hood of the cloak upon his head. He put an arm around your shoulder and help you to stand up.

"Are you okay?" He ask, worry lacing his voice as he guided you. "Yeah, you can get your hands off me." You scoff at him but then wince when your thigh bump on a wall. William just stayed silent and help you.

And here he is again, acting like he is not himself, out of his character. Your eyes wonder around, you can't find Louis anywhere you look and concluded that he must have went on his own or William sent him to the others. You look at William, he was staring ahead, his eyes glance at you and notice that you're staring at him. He just flash you an exhaustion smile and once again stair at the pavement.

You can't help the unfamiliar feeling in your stomach and the way your heart skipped a beat when William carefully guided you in taking a turn in an alley, he was careful around you, and only to you.

He seems different from the times when the two of you are with the others, he has this professional aura around him and always held a serious look in his face, with a smirk forming on his lips and the mischief behind those ruby red eyes of his.

But when the two of you are alone, he acts all caring and.. sweet around you, you don't know how to describe, the word sweet doesn't fit him at all, but he acts differently when you're alone with him.

William once again glance at you, the two of you making an eye contact for almost half a minute and his lips broke in a smile, a genuine smile and his eyes forming a crescent.

And you swear, you just heard and felt your heart skipped a beat.

♡︎༄,'; ALSEPHINA'S NOTE:

RUSSIAN ROULETTE! yup, trying to take it slow hehe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 728 12
REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED The mystery behind them was the only thing he never solved. (Damn that sounds cheesy) Gender Neutral Reader (they/the...
90.4K 3.5K 24
𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒻𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇, 𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹... Y/N Moriarty was a in...
131K 5.3K 50
⚠️UNEDITED⚠️ Do not own any of the pics, characters, and the plot. The characters and plot belong to Ryosuke Takeuchi and Hikaru Miyoshi. Though we d...
10.2K 263 15
If the book is found to be unsatisfactory, we request for a peaceful leave as we would like for this book to remain toxic free and be absent of any r...