Virtuous Life Handbook

By TomTheThinker

Do you want to be unstoppable? This straightforward philosophy offers practical tips, accessible to all, rega... More

The Nature of Control
Generalization of Objects
Overcoming obstacles and Keeping Low Expectations
Harm Done - Not To Yourself
Good, Bad, and Indifferent
Live as if You're at the Gathering
What to Wish For
Evaluating Self-Worth
When Criticized
Don't Seek Approval or Repayment
Keep Your Goals Clear
Reasonable Pride
Be Grateful for What You Have
Living in Moderation
On the Lack of External Life Achievements
Paying the Price
Responding to People of Degrading Character
How to Improve
Attitude Towards Others
When to Speak and How
Death is Coming
On the existence of God
Philosophy as a Way of Life
Reminders
Author's note

Judging Other's Emotional Responses

4 0 0
By TomTheThinker

When you encounter individuals who seem to have it all – recognition from those in positions of power, positive media coverage, a fit physique, substantial wealth, or once-in-a-lifetime experiences – don't assume they are necessarily happy. True happiness and what is good come from the inside and not from external sources. So, there's no need for envy.

Similarly, if you see someone experiencing emotional pain, be cautious not to jump to conclusions. The pain is often a result of their perception of a situation, not the situation itself. If you believe you can help, offer comfort and support, but avoid making false promises or statements that may worsen the situation. If you're unsure of what to do, it's often best to be a listening ear.

Reflect: Do you feel envy towards anyone? How do you respond when you encounter individuals acting impulsively or emotionally?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 5.8K 49
" අහලා තියනවද අශස්....තෝඩු තෑගි දෙන්නෙ උරුමක්කාරයො උනාට මල් තෑගි දෙන්නෙ හිමිකාරයෝ කියලා.... " ආරුල් අයියාගෙ වචන වලට මගෙ බඩේ සමනල්ලු පියාඹනවා වගේ දැනෙ...
65K 4.5K 61
මෙය සමලිංගික ආදර කතාවක් වන අතර සුරංගනා කතාවක් නොවේ.එසේම මෙය යතාර්ථය තුළින් ලියවුණු කතාවක් වන අතර සැබෑ අන්තර්ගතයන්ද අඩංගු වේ.ඔබ සමරිසි කතා කියවීමට අකම...
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
19.8K 542 23
Camden Moore is a referee making waves in the WSL...she has many ups and downs...trying to navigate life...she clashes with a certain blonde arsenal...