Broken Hearts

By aashii_writess

"You have one month to prove yourself." That's what her new boss said before hiring her. New Boss and EX-BOYF... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Past)
Chapter 12 (Past)
Chapter 13 (Past)
Chapter 14 (Past)
Chapter 15 (Past)
Chapter 16 (Past)
Chapter 17 (Past)
Chapter 18 (Past)
Chapter 19 (Past)
Chapter 20 (Past)
Chapter 21 (Past)
Chapter 22 (Past)
Chapter 23 (Past)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Past)
Chapter 30 (Past)
Chapter 31 (Past)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue
Thank You!

Chapter 54

779 42 9
By aashii_writess

Aayansh's P.O.V.

I returned to the party after dropping Sameera at her home.

The conversation between Sameera and Mr. Sehgal seemed odd. They seem to know each other better than I had thought.

Dhruv's father must be really too close to the Oberois, because whatever they talked wasn't just pleasant greetings. It was deeper than that. It was as if they were talking about something that we have no idea about. I had noticed how he was going to say something, but stopped midway.

Now that I am thinking so much, I have come to a realisation that I really don't know much about Sameera. Or maybe this new Sameera. This Sameera 2.0. And I like this version of her so much more than the earlier one. Not like I didn't like her earlier. It's clear how much I liked her with the fact that she had me whipped around her. Maybe that is why it hurt so much.

This new version of Sameera is more considerate, more sweet, more lovely and also more confusing. But at the same time she seems less confident, less amiable, less lively and also less happy.

I want her to be as lively and confident as she was earlier. I want to make her happy like before.

Mr. Sehgal cut the cake and fed a slice to his wife, his son and then Kavya. Kavya wouldn't leave Dhruv's side even for a second and I didn't want to become a third wheel between them, so I let them be.

I talked to some of the people I knew, which were hardly a few. Most of them were advocates and justices or Mr. Sehgal's clients. So, I was standing in one corner having my drink.

"What are you doing here alone Aayansh?" Mr. Sehgal asked me suddenly. I didn't even notice him coming towards me.

"As you can see!" I said showing him my glass.

"Wait let me get one for myself as well." He said before coming back with a glass for himself.

"You had a very nice party. Thank you for inviting us." I said.

"Oh we are going to become families soon. So, how can I not invite you!" He remarked.

I looked towards my sister who was still busy talking with her boyfriend. Are they that serious, that they are planning to get married? Kavya didn't even mention anything like that to me.

"Dgruv hasn't told me anything about marriage," Mr. Sehgal said. Maybe looking at my confusion he felt the need to clarify. "But I can see them wanting to get married soon."

"I would like that." I said honestly. Dhruv seems to be a nice person who would take care of my sister and they are also very much in love. So, why not. "But, I am fine with them wanting to wait and be sure before taking the next step."

"Definitely. Marriage is a big step. Look at Sameera. Only if the girl would have waited and taken the next step after some thought, she could have avoided the heartbreak."

"Her heart was bound to break, for she loved him since forever." I answered.

But maybe my heart wouldn't have broken, if she had chosen me.

"You seem to know Sameera very well!" Mr. Sehgal commented.

Shit! I didn't realise I said that loudly.

"Yeah, she is working under Singhania Studios as a Fashion Designer!" I replied.

"So you know about all of your employees' personal lives?" He asked so genuinely that I missed the mockery in it.

"Umm...I have know her since I was working with Mr. Oberoi. So, I know a little bit about her." I said.

"Makes sense. So are you both friends or something?"

"No."

"Okay."

Should I ask? No, it won't look nice. But I want to know. No no no...I shouldn't.

"Well, what was all that about you were talking with Sameera?" I asked as my curiosity got the best of me.

"Nothing important. You know that girl is very sweet. I still remember the first time Samar took me to meet her. Really an angel. She is also so much like Samar you know? Totally her copy! She got the looks of her mother but the talent, strength, the never giving up attitude from her father!"

The looks from her mother?

I have met Mrs. Oberoi a couple of times but Sameera doesn't look a bit like her. So, what looks is he talking about?

On the contrary, the woman I saw on the photo frame in Sameera's room was surely so much like Sameera. Who was she? She wasn't Sameera for sure, then who could it be? How is she related to Sameera?

"I don't know what similarities you are talking about because I see none." I told him.

"Oh trust me I have seen it. I know her very well. She is like Samar in so many ways. Courage, brilliance, attitude..."

"I was talking about her mother." I said.

This caught him off gaurd and his reaction was totally unexpected. He looked as if I have caught him tampering any proof or forcing someone to give false testimony in court.

"You don't have good eyes, gentleman. Get it checked from a doctor. I have numbers of a few good eye specialists. Get it checked." He said before leaving the place.

It's fine if he thinks she looks like Mrs. Oberoi. But what was the need to offend my eyes! They are pretty and definitely working properly!

I kept the glass on the table and made my way towards my sister. It was time we should leave.

She was still busy talking to Dhruv and I had no intention to eavesdrop but I couldn't stop myself when I heard Sameera's name.

"Why did you invite Sameera to the party?" Kavya asked Dhruv.

"Out of courtesy! What else I would do? She was with us, we were coming here, and I offered her! It's just a simple party! What's the big deal if I invited her over. She didn't even stay for much longer." Dhruv said.

"See...she was even so rude to your father. She came and left in fifteen minutes. Couldn't she be a little respectful towards your father and atleast wait for cake cutting! But, she had to disrespect him."

"It is fine! Dad didn't mind!" Dhruv said.

"Because he is a nice person. Sameera isn't! How the hell did you even meet her? Don't tell me she again asked Bhai to drop her home?"

"She didn't! She was at my office when Aayansh bhai came!" He answered.

"What was she doing at your office?" She asked surprised.

"She came to discuss her case with me!"

"Her case?"

"Yes! Her Divorce case."

"Don't tell me you are her lawyer."

"I am." He replied.

"Why did you take her case? Haven't I told you enough about her! You should have said no to her when she asked you to be her lawyer." She said exasperated.

"She didn't ask me I offered her! In fact I insisted her!" He said.

Kavya's mouth was agape with surprise. Even I didn't know that. Why will he offer her to be her lawyer?

"Why? You know what she did with my brother, right?" She asked.

"Yes I know! And I had no other option. Samar uncle asked me to approach her to take me as her lawyer because he knew she won't take his help. He wanted someone known to him to take her case. So he asked me." He explained.

Oh! Now it makes sense.

"You could have denied!"

"No Kavya. Samar uncle is Dad's most important client and a very good friend. He has always helped my father whenever he needed. I can't deny him."

"Ughh! I hate that Samee..."

"Kavya," I decided that to be the best moment to announce my presence.

Both of them looked at me.

"Let's go." I said looking at her.

She hugged Dhruv and then we started leaving.

I didn't say anything the entire time we were in my car but I couldn't stop myself when we reached home.

"Kavya can we talk?" I asked her.

"Yes Bhai?"

"I heard everything you and Dhruv talked about Sameera."

"I know but I have no problem that you did. Now can I go to my room. I am really tired!" She said.

"No. I am not done!!!" I said.

"Okay what is it?"

"Firstly, I don't want you always meddling with my stuffs! And secondly, it wasn't Sameera's fault. We have talked about it and she has explained how it was all a misunderstanding." I told her.

"And you trust her??"

"I don't have any other option!"

"You do! Why can't you forget her? She is going to break your heart once again!" She said calmly.

"She didn't break my heart intentionally."

"I don't care with what happened, why happened. All I care about is it affected my brother!"

"Kavya...try to understand!"

"What to understand? That she is a bitch who only thinks about herself! She married that ass in just a few weeks! She didn't even love you while you were crazily in love with her!"

"Listen, whatever it is...It's none of your concern. I am your elder brother. Not the other way around. I can look after myself and take my decisions. So I don't want you to interfere anymore." I told her.

"I have always let you do whatever you wanted bhai. Have I ever interfered?"

"You didn't tell me she was getting married! I deserved to know it!"

"Fine, from now on I will not do anything that you feel is interfering. But, if she hurts you again, trust me I wouldn't stop myself from doing what will come in my mind." She warned me.

"Kavya..."

"Good night Bhai." She said and entered inside her room.

∆∆∆∆

Sorry for this super late update.

Had a long day today. I am sooo tired but I still managed to update.
I wasn't going to end the chapter here. The breakfast with Ayan and Sameera's family was also supposed to be a part of this chapter. But, I couldn't write more than this. Still, this seems to be a good point to end this chapter.

What do you think is going to happen next? Any guesses?

Next update: Monday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 36.5K 43
Completed ✅ #1 in break up on 14/11/21 Vihaan Roy "Everything in life should be planned so you do the right thing at the right time and right place...
133K 4.6K 45
Sara Sharma, a bubbly 21 year old who is loved by her friends and family is enjoying the last year of her studies...Everything in her life is perfect...
11.5K 720 35
You don't fall in love with a body, you fall in love with a soul and once in love with a soul, everything about that body becomes beautiful.... No on...
25.1K 585 49
" I can't believe this... yo.. you cheated on me?! I loved you so much..then why!?" Arnav said "yes, I cheated on you... and I don't regret that...