Leeway // Joe Mazzello

Por Octavia_Mazzello

~LEEWAY~ "What are we doing?" "Ruining our lives" "I'm glad we're doing it together." "I wouldn't want to rui... Más

"Cast & Author's note"
1|| "Reverie"
2|| "Dinner"
3|| "Coffee"
4|| "Opportunities"
5|| "Cloud"
6|| "Oxy Octavia"
7|| "Irony"
8|| "Golden"
9|| "Job Positions"
10|| "Conversions"
11|| "Fuel to the Fire"
12|| "What Now?"
13|| "World's Worst Jenga Game"
14|| "Reality"
15|| "The Promise"
16|| "Average Joe"
17|| "Speak French to Me My Darling"
18|| "September 8th"
19|| "Boss Ass Bitch"
20|| "The In Between Life"
21|| "You Know What's Funnier Than 24?"
22|| "Star Shopping"
23|| "The Beginning and the End"
24|| "Mary Austin"
25|| "Roger Taylor"
26|| "Brian May"
27|| "Paul Prenter"
28|| "Freddie Mercury"
29|| "John Deacon"
30|| "Mozzarella Stick"
31|| "Say It One More Time"
32|| "What Happened?"
34|| "I Think You're so Pretty"
35|| "When in Rome"
36|| "Delicate"
37 || "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

33|| "Loverboy"

117 6 11
Por Octavia_Mazzello

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

EIFFEL TOWER
/ai·fuhl tau·ur/

(n.) a wrought-iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France.
⤷see also- Octavia's #1 sight on her bucket list.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Privacy sign on the door
And on my page
And on the whole world

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

📍 Paris, France

sunbeams danced on her face and skin from the dewy morning sunrise. Everything seemed to be slower in Paris. Octavia was curled up in a seat on the balcony of her Parisian suite, draped in the top sheet from the queen bed her and Joe shared- on purpose this time.

It had been Octavia's dream to watch the sun rise over the Eiffel tower and so she did exactly that. Joe would have joined her, but he looked too precious to wake up to which she left him sleeping surrounded by a mass of pillows and covers.

She kept the French windows open just in case he were to stir, casting a stiff breeze into the bedroom to which she grabbed the sheet to keep warm. The rays began pouring into the bedroom as the sun rose, spilling golden streaks over the gilded bedframe and Joe's amber hair and pale face.

The sunrise was gorgeous, painting the sky in pale blues and ballerina pinks. She rested her head in the palm of her hand, nearly nodding off to sleep again, not even trying to fight it like she did patiently waiting for the sun to rise just moments ago. She felt a presence behind her, catching the faintest noise of the bed squeaking as Joe was finally waking up.

He caught a glimpse of Octavia on the balcony as he rubbed his tired eyes. He stretched and hesitantly placed his bare feet on the cold hard floor. He tiptoed quietly to the French windows and carefully leaned against the foundation of one.

She looked up at him, nearly startling her, with a scrunched face attempting to focus on the man in front of her.

"Good morning" she said groggily, realizing that sleep defeated her more than she cared to admit. She offered a kind smile.

"Morning, my darling" he added back and approached her slowly. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear that had fallen out of the bun she pulled her hair back into. He did this with such gentleness that she wasn't expecting his next move.

He swiftly scooped her up from the chair, abandoning the top sheet to reveal the silk negligee she was wearing. He swung her in a circle before promptly placing her back onto the ground. He familiarized his hand with the thin strap to her dress that had now fallen down before placing it back on her shoulder.

She enjoyed the tenderness of the silence, focusing intently on how the light hit his hair in all of the right places. She thought about how she could run her fingers through it forever and ever and ever. And now that she was officially allowed to, she draped her arms around him, resting them on his bare shoulders. This freed her sides, in which Joe's hands fit perfectly on the curves of her waist. She placed her hands on the nape of his neck and trailed her fingers into his still curly hair. This move slyly pulled him into a kiss, in which the couple melted back onto the bed.

They fell side by side, allowing the comfortable silence to fall over them again. They enjoyed the distant call of Paris, soaking up each other's presence.

Octavia rolled over and laid on his chest, facing him. She admired his welcoming eyes for a moment too long.

"What are we doing today Monsieur Mazzello?" She asked with a smile, catching Joe chuckling to himself.

"Well..." He took great attention to her arm, tracing it with his fingertips up and down as he pondered the question, "I was thinking we tour the Eiffel Tower, grab lunch and then see where the afternoon takes us. Dinner is the main attraction, but that's a secret." He smiled coyly to which she rolled her eyes at. She liked to pretend she hated surprises, but he knew her better than that.

Octavia began discovering new things she liked about Joe. She liked that he took initiative. She liked that he planned stuff. And she liked that he paid attention to her in the sense that he somehow always knew exactly what she liked. She liked that Joe seemed to be perfect, that he was crafted specifically for her.

For her and only her. For once she felt like she wasn't sharing Joe with a million different people being pulled in a million different directions for a million hours a day. She didn't want to share him, not after she just got him.

The world didn't deserve Joseph Mazzello. She didn't even feel like she did herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia wasn't quite sure what people wore in Paris, not that she was trying to fit in- just didn't want to look like a complete idiot.

She wore her hair long and loosely curled, accepting the fact that her hair was just simply not meant for anything other than waves or straight ends.

She opted for a plain tan skirt, adding black stockings underneath with a fitted, flattering long-sleeved black shirt. She added one of her favorite necklaces and a few rings. She zipped up her knee high black boots and tossed on a long tweed jacket to match her skirt. And a tan beret for good measure.

Octavia glanced at Joes reflection in the mirror, who seemed to be watching her meticulously, his body relaxed and leaning against the doorway to the bathroom.

"You're staring, Joe." She broke his focus.

"I'm gazing." He fought back.

"It's creepy." She turned around to face him.

"It's romantic, besides you look..." he trailed.

"Ridiculous?"

"Phenomenal."

She scoffed at him, and turned back to the mirror. Joe was just so ridiculously romantic.

"You don't believe me?" He challenged her.

"No I do believe you. That's the problem."

"That's a problem?"

"No it's just..."

"You can't take a compliment?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"From you, yes."

"From me? What'd I do?"

"Be possible." She paused at her sudden confession. "You were supposed to be impossible, and yet here you are." She admitted.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" He pushed.

"It means that I love you for loving me."

They shared a gentle smile and suddenly Octavia understood the world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CAMERA ROLL: FAVORITES

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Paris was  magical. It had been her dream to visit ever since she was a little girl, and it definitely did not disappoint. The architecture, the cafes, and the sheer amount of art she had seen while out was breathtaking. Paris was crafted by the finest of lovers, she'd thought. If Paris was anything, it certainly was romantic. Which yes may seem cheesy, but she didn't mind as long as she was with Joe. 

Everyone knew. Here in Paris she could walk down these unfamiliar streets next to Joe and no one would glance at her and him together. Because everyone knew they were together, but no one knew who they were. It was the perfect kind of invisibility that she knew they would not have the luxury of back home. She could absorb every moment with him unfiltered, undivided, and unbothered. She wished this was a permanent endeavor.

She focused her eyes on her hand entwined with his and slowly looked up to his concentrated face. He looked focused. Or lost. Octavia couldn't tell the difference sometimes. He could feel her gaze on his cheek and smiled to himself childishly.

"Now you're the one staring." He called her out.

"I'm thinking." She argued.

"Mhm sure. Excuses. You just think I'm hot." He rolled his eyes.

"Joseph!" Her cheeks burned red.

"You're blushing now, Tavi. Good luck lying your way out of this one." He teased and squeezed her hand assuringly.  "See how flustered you are?"

"I... I mean... what?"

"It's okay. I think it's cute."

"I think you're cute." She mumbled to herself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back at the suite now, Joe instructed her on the formality of the evening, leading Octavia to wonder what he had planned.

Getting dressed, she felt very much like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. She  slipped on a strapless back dress that complimented her body perfectly. She draped herself in pearls, and styled her hair into a high bun.

When she stepped out of the bathroom to put on her heels, she noticed any trace left of Joe was a handwritten note, and a map. Curious, she picked up the note and began reading:

Paris with you has been a dream, and for our evening (and our first official date), it's only appropriate for us to step into this new part of life in the way we have the entirety of our known existence- with a first look. Meet me at the enclosed location marked on the map

-Joe =]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia would rather not ramble on about how wonderful Joe looked all polished in his suit. But let's just say, it was definitely memorable.

and phenomenal.

And maybe she'd revisit this moment in her head several times after and recall another minute detail that she wouldn't forget even as the world was ending and her mind fading. Joe was forever and always a permanent imprint.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CAMERA ROLL:   FAVORITES

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They were absolutely exhausted. Octavia flopped on the bed immediately upon opening the door, her heels in hand.

"Being tired in Paris is much more romantic than being tired in London." She sighed and sat up and began to remove the bobby pins from her hair.

"Is that a hint or something?" He sat down beside her and began helping.

"If you ever decided to move me across the world to a brand new experience and universe, I'd follow in a heartbeat."

Her hair began to fall to her shoulders with every last bobby pin removed. She figured she'd definitely find more in the morning as you never remove all of them the first time. She had him unzip her dress and she shuffled her way to the bathroom.

"Would you be upset if I called Lucy while I got ready for bed? I think I need some girl time." She asked to which he nodded. She closed the door and began to change.

"Tell her I said hi!" Joe called through the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FaceTime Call connecting to Wifey...

"Octavia!! Oh my gosh you're glowingggg how is everything there??" 

"Lucy you have NO idea... it's literally breathtaking..."

"You must be having the time of your life right now?"

"Absolutely... Paris is dreamier than ever."

"Sounds like something else is even more dreamy."

"I don't know what you're trying to get at."

"Girl you are blushing SO hard right now."

"I just love it here Lucy this place makes me happy."

"You are soooooo in love you little liar."

"Lucy!! Stop it."

"Oh come on! We all know Joe is an A-class romantic."

"I'm sure Benjamin has some personal experience with that."

"Seriously Tavs... how is it?"

"How is what?"

"You know... Joe. I need details! Im stuck in London you HAVE to give me something!"

"I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to."

"Stop acting dumb. You two have definitely slept together already I mean-"

"Lucy Christabel Boyton!"

"Oh come on!! You can't be kidding"

"We have slept in the same bed if that counts."

"You're actually not kidding- I can't believe- you've definitely thought about-"

"Okay Lucy I have to go."

"You better call me as soon after it happens or else-"

"Bye Lucy love you girl miss you so much!!!"

Call has been disconnected

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia slammed the bathroom door behind and backed up to it. She sighed having escaped the nightmare that was that conversation. Joe was laying on top of the sheets of the bed and glanced over.

He was just so effortless.

"You okay? Sounded like an intense phone call."

"Oh you know the London air... it makes people delusional." Octavia commented and blew a piece of hair out of her face.

"Tell me about it. And I thought New York was rough." He laughed to himself completely unfazed.

Octavia's heart was running a mile and she couldn't seem to focus on one thing.

Well.

That wasn't the whole truth.

Lucy was right. She was definitely thinking about it now.

A lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

romance is not dead
if you keep it just yours

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN:: I just think this chapters neat :)

~Tavi 🎸

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.7K 188 20
social media / real life COMPLETED ON 01-16-2020 "Miss, someone just bought all of your exhibition" "What? Who?" "It was an unknown buyer, miss" "Do...
54.2K 896 19
A-R imagines that I have written. All imagines are between you and Joe. All imagines will not have another part to them. No smut. (Sorry, I cring...
153K 4.1K 103
❝ for the two of us, home isn't a place, it is a person, and we are finally home. ❞ ͢ anna and the french kiss in whic...
20.4K 909 12
❝ some say that i'm a dreamer. ❞ ( story by tommysmiller ) ( joe mazzello x female oc )